Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 3 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? 84 balasan
Andrew Galica
(Kumpulan Amateur - 24)

Kiriman: 665
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Okt 10 2014, 22:18:00 Sebut 
From the Rules...7.1

The top 4 managers in each group (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group, one level above the level they are currently at. The bottom 16 managers from each group (excluding Rookie) will be relegated to the level below. Any manager, who finishes in the top 4, but with a negative balance, will not be promoted, and instead the next highest manager with a positive balance will be promoted in his/her place.

Shouldn't it read as follows:-

The top 4 managers in Rookie and the top 3 managers in Amateur, Pro and Master (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group, one level above the level they are currently at.The bottom 15 managers from each group (excluding Rookie) will be relegated to the level below.Any manager, who finishes in the top 4 in Rookie and top 3 in Amateur, Pro and Master (excluding Elite) , but with a negative balance, will not be promoted, and instead the next highest manager with a positive balance will be promoted in his/her place.

This will apply to GPRO wiki as well, also it says. -" Promotion & Relegation "

Thanks
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 720
  Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:00:01 Sebut 
I have same question? why in rules are mention 4 managers for promotion but really will be only 3 in one group. And some one on 4th place will go if have points and place is open......
where we do not see what is written with small letters?
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:01:32 (terakhir disunting Nov 1 2014, 17:02:30 oleh Jukka Sireni) Sebut 
From the same part of the rules:

Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion, a different number of managers may be promoted in the different classes of the game.

Though expansion is completed for other groups than Rookie, so it could be changed already.
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:12:38 Sebut 
what expansion is now? or always is expansion?
To say on end , if you are 4th do not expect to be promoted and be happy if you are promoted
George Odhis
(Kumpulan Pro - 10)

Kiriman: 317
  Negara:
Kenya 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:14:16 Sebut 
I changed the rules yesterday. Sorry, I don't have the rights!

On a serious note... I think lots of changes are being made in the current season. Maybe this is also on the way.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Kumpulan Amateur - 98)

Kiriman: 1744
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:18:58 Sebut 
Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ November 1st 2014,17:01:32 )

Though expansion is completed

So even if 500,000 more active players want to join we will never expand anymore
Janne Kuokkanen
(Kumpulan Amateur - 122)

Kiriman: 1270
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 17:53:28 Sebut 
Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 1st 2014,17:18:58 )

So even if 500,000 more active players want to join we will never expand anymore

expanding from what will be current maximum (1-5-25-125-600) would in my opinion mean that different amount of people promote from master to elite or we'd have 15 master groups. also remember that fir each master group you'll need to add 5 pro groups, 25 amateur groups and 125 rookie groups to keep the pyramid complete. expansion will also consume more server which means more money. the supporter cost per race could go higher than what it is now.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 18:05:39 Sebut 
First of all the will still need 209 new rookie groups to finish the current expansion. And every new player uses some server resources, but is worth extra money for advertisers, so I can't understand why you think the supporter credits will cost more
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Kumpulan Amateur - 98)

Kiriman: 1744
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Nov 1 2014, 18:11:29 Sebut 
But the more people who pay the more supporters there would be so I think the cost would remain the same.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Nov 2 2014, 10:37:27 Sebut 
Quote ( Janne Kuokkanen @ November 1st 2014,17:53:28 )

Quote ( Alex Nikodem-Wing @ November 1st 2014,17:18:58 )

expanding from what will be current maximum (1-5-25-125-600) would in my opinion mean that different amount of people promote from master to elite or we'd have 15 master groups. also remember that fir each master group you'll need to add 5 pro groups, 25 amateur groups and 125 rookie groups to keep the pyramid complete. expansion will also consume more server which means more money. the supporter cost per race could go higher than what it is now.

A Finn that got his figures wrong. A first. ;p
625 Rookie groups.
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Nov 17 2014, 20:22:47 Sebut 
again, when will we know is it 4 promote from Amateur in Pro or only 3 after this season 44?
Thx GPRO Crew
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Amateur - 66)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Nov 17 2014, 20:28:28 Sebut 
Only the first 3 promote, if you don´t manage to get into those 3 you can promote with additional promotion spots.

You can check promotions at any time here:

/gb/AllPromotions.asp
Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Nov 17 2014, 20:30:21 Sebut 
so rules must be rewritten?
Jim Sikma
(Kumpulan Amateur - 27)

Kiriman: 607
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Nov 17 2014, 23:33:05 Sebut 
Further upthread is the "numbers may change during game expansion" which technically is still in progress, despite no groups being added until the existing rookie groups have fuller fields.

Currently it's 3 from Master/Pro/Amateur, and 4 from Rookie.
Andrew Galica
(Kumpulan Amateur - 24)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Nov 18 2014, 01:16:22 (terakhir disunting Nov 18 2014, 01:17:06 oleh Andrew Galica) Sebut 
Rules have now been updated.

7.1 Promotion/Relegation

The top 3 managers in each group (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group, one level above the level they are currently at. The bottom 15 managers from each group (excluding Rookie) will be relegated to the level below. Any manager, who finishes in the top 3, but with a negative balance, will not be promoted, and instead the next highest manager with a positive balance will be promoted in his/her place. Any manager who finishes with a negative balance shall be relegated to the division below. The highest placed manager in the relegation zone will remain in their group as a result.

Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion, a different number of managers may be promoted in the different classes of the game.

Zeljko Sperlic
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Negara:
Serbia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Nov 18 2014, 08:42:04 Sebut 
Quote ( Zeljko Sperlic @ November 17th 2014,20:30:21 )

so rules must be rewritten?

Game Rules
Last Updated: Yesterday At 22:34:16

Thx GPRO crew for update, now need to fight more for 3rd place.
Andrew Galica
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Nov 7 2015, 23:36:17 Sebut 
And once again we find ourselves here !

Please can we correct the rule to reflect the current situation - ref Amateur relegation number from bottom 15 to 10.

Thank you.

Also while I am here can we please remove the ambiguous and blatantly lazy solution to a non static scenario that cannot be considered a rule condition, namely :- Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion or reduction, a different number of managers may be promoted or relegated in the different classes of the game.

This cannot be considered a rule condition as it is too ambiguous, and is clearly outside the confines of a rule definition.

:)
Tajinder Singh
(Kumpulan Rookie - 261)

Kiriman: 1220
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Jun 19 2016, 07:27:47 Sebut 
the rule about this should be updated. there are groups where 6-15 relegate. why the rule is confusing!
Vitaly Sevov
(Kumpulan Amateur - 47)

Kiriman: 522
  Negara:
Federasi Russia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Ogo 14 2019, 13:22:26 Sebut 
Is there any option finishing in top 4, to not being promoted from Amateur to Pro other than having a negative balance?
Something like writing a letter saying " I got in top 4 by mistake , let me stay in Amateur for one season more, please" ?
Robin Goodey
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 2096
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Ogo 14 2019, 13:31:42 Sebut 
Short answer - no
Ceapa Florin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 831
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:03:57 (terakhir disunting Mac 8 2020, 19:12:54 oleh Florin Ceapa) Sebut 
"7.1 Promotion/Relegation

The top 3 managers in each group (excluding Elite) will be promoted to a randomly assigned group, one level above the level they are currently at. The bottom 15 managers from each group (excluding Rookie) will be relegated to the level below. Any manager, who finishes in the top 3, but with a negative balance, will not be promoted, and instead the next highest manager with a positive balance will be promoted in his/her place. Any manager who finishes with a negative balance shall be relegated to the division below. The highest placed manager in the relegation zone will remain in their group as a result.

Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion or reduction, a different number of managers may be promoted or relegated in the different classes of the game.To avoid any confusion, make sure you check the span of the promotion/relegation zone in the standings of your own group"

Hi guys ,

Can anyone assure me , based on the rules above , that individual planning is all u need to do in order to avoid promoting when it´s not planned ?

Cause I find myself promoted after RESET , while planning to have a strong finish in S74 , in my Amateur 40 group at that time, and a even stronger promotion season in S75 , which will never happen for me , but could be possible for other people if this community get a sense to my point of view

Accordingly to the rules , I finished 5th in my group , 75 points ,while the all above managers promoted on positive money balances (places 1-4)

So I find myself first under the additional promotion line , negative money balances excluded as a filter set, after R17 last season , before reset...

I´m checking all the groups ahead and there are always at least 4-5 managers (way more but let´s take the black side of it) , in every group above Amateur , that can and will (I thought to myself as there are no groups´ structure expansions or reductions announced) compensate for any negative balances , retirements or "back to Rookie decisions" , that could possibly be made

I basically checked all the rules and additional promotions lists and confirmed to myself I won´t get promoted

But still , I had a big not funny surprise when I got my promotion bell in my screen

Tried to explain my point of view to Vlad , who very naturally said to me I should have planned better and that "the game works like that for 75 seasons"...he said to me to be a modern guy and complain inside the community , and maybe with your feedback I will change this world

So please don´t hesitate to express opinions

Is there a clear picture of this additional promotion system , an individual could really plan for it while still aiming to place himself on the strongest possible position at the end of the season ... do we know and understand that algorithm completely in order to be able to plan for it ....on one side ??

or do the rules and all other facts we´re asked to bear in mind , cover way too less piece of clear info about an algorithm that´s left , many times , to an admin preferential decision while they ask us to individually plan for it ???

Cause if I use my "1+1" math , I can still prove this guys that I would only promote if they tweak facts to their likes , under the excuse that Gpro has worked like that forever and whatever they can´t explain or argue about , should be self-understood

thanks for your time to read me , just tried to make myself as clear as possible
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Pro - 2)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:17:15 Sebut 
You were first under the additional promotion list and you though you would not be promoted?

With 75 points it was a certain promotion for last season, that was very evident by the additional promotions list.

When attempting to only retain, you need to take that list into account just as much as your groups standings.
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 928
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:21:43 Sebut 
Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ March 8th 2020,19:03:57 )

So I find myself first under the additional promotion line , negative money balances excluded as a filter set, after R17 last season , before reset...

This is the key mate. To my knowlege there hasn't been a single recent season where there weren't any additional promotion (usually multiple) so you should have stayed away from anywhere near top position there.

Can't blame the game for that
Ceapa Florin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:26:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ March 8th 2020,19:21:43 )

Can't blame the game for tha

Not blaming the game mate , that´s my point ..I planned to be on top while not promoting
Ceapa Florin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:27:25 (terakhir disunting Mac 8 2020, 19:32:49 oleh Florin Ceapa) Sebut 

Everything was take into account Daniel , I did plan for it , u know...there is no mistake in pushing that limit as far as I can allow myself

BREAKING NEWS

I read Vlad´s message again and , between bla bla like "gpro has worked like that forever" he actually stated something too ... that all

RETIREMENTS ARE FILLED IN WITH ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONS FROM LOWER GROUPS

My questiion is why should I believe him ? Because he´s the boss and knows better ?? Should I try and manage to plan my game based on his word or should I find that written inside the rules manual ??

Does anyone saw that statement inside the "Rules" section? Cause I didn´t but if I had....
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Pro - 2)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:27:49 Sebut 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ March 8th 2020,19:21:43 )

Quote ( Ceapa Florin @ March 8th 2020,19:03:57 )

This is the key mate. To my knowlege there hasn't been a single recent season where there weren't any additional promotion (usually multiple) so you should have stayed away from anywhere near top position there.

Can't blame the game for that

For Ama->pro theres like 8-9 garunteed additional promotions. This is clearly displayed on the additional promotions page.

I was actually looking at it towards end of last season..... i had figured around 67-68 points to be on the garunteed promotion list, even if all the negative managers went positive.
Laurynas Jurgelionis
(Kumpulan Amateur - 14)

Kiriman: 90
  Negara:
Lithuania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:28:02 Sebut 
75 points... That's more than enough to promote from additional places. And yes, that's how Gpro works. Strange issue for a manager with more than 600 races under his belt.
Ceapa Florin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (4)
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:31:19 Sebut 
Quote ( Laurynas Jurgelionis @ March 8th 2020,19:28:02 )

75 points... That's more than enough to promote from additional places. And yes, that's how Gpro works. Strange issue for a manager with more than 600 races under his belt.

GPRO works different from one season to the other if left to it´s own gravity mate..don´t fuffy yourself , I´m not here to look for smart guys , just checking some stats that many take for rules , and the admins too , when they find it convenient ... there should be clear rules and more transparency , that´s what I´m discussing here
Ceapa Florin
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:36:30 (terakhir disunting Mac 8 2020, 19:38:40 oleh Florin Ceapa) Sebut 
RETIREMENTS ARE FILLED IN WITH ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONS FROM LOWER GROUPS

If this is a RULE , then please make it TRANSPARENT for all of us , Vlad !!It´s your duty man

I guess I rest my case here and just go with "how GPRO works"...

Edit : oh and before frustrating yourself and pushing that button that makes u feel good about yourself , try to answer a god damn simple question ... if u have something to say at all ;)
Thijs Rieken
(Kumpulan Amateur - 37)

Kiriman: 1042
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Mac 8 2020, 19:39:18 Sebut 
Congratulations, you just FOBYd the additional promotions
Halaman [12 3 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Rules - Promotion & Relegation - error? Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini