Halaman [1
Undian topik forum
Opinions on the regulations, will it improve the sport?
Daftar masuk untuk mengundi atau melihat keputusan undian
Pengarang Topik: 2015 regulations 12 balasan
Paul Brosnan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 38)

Kiriman: 2143
  Negara:
Ireland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 21:25:54 Sebut 
Alright so the 2015 regulations are not as extreme as the 2014 there are a few changes I think are worth noting:

Power units - each driver is restricted to four power units during the season, although that will be increased to five (as in 2014) if the number of races as originally scheduled exceeds 20. Should a driver exceed the total, a grid penalty (see below) will be imposed.

Power unit penalties - the replacement of a complete power unit no longer results in an automatic penalty; instead penalties are applied cumulatively based on the individual components of each power unit. Unlike in 2014, grid penalties no longer roll over to the next event. If a driver is unable to take their full grid penalty, the remainder will be applied as a time penalty for the relevant Grand Prix, on the following basis:

1-5 grid places: five-second time penalty
6-10 grid places: drive-through penalty
11-20 grid places: ten-second stop-and-go penalty
More than 20 grid places: a time penalty

New penalties - in addition to the five-second penalty introduced for 2014, race stewards also have the option to hand out ten-second penalties for minor infringements in 2015.

Points - double points will no longer be applied for the season finale in 2015.

Standings restarts - a proposal for standing restarts has been rescinded, meaning safety-car restarts will follow the same procedure as in previous years.

Virtual Safety Car - in a bid to improve safety, particularly in the event of double waved yellow flags, a virtual safety car system designed to ensure drivers slow sufficiently has been introduced for 2015. This can be used to neutralise a race without having to introducing the safety car itself.

Race suspensions - for 2015, drivers must proceed slowly into the pit lane, rather than back onto the starting grid, in the event of a race suspension.

Clearing the grid - a driver will be forced to start from the pit lane if any member of his team, or any relevant equipment, remains on the starting grid after the 15-second signal has been shown.

Unsafe releases - for 2015, unsafe releases will be met with an automatic ten-second stop-and-go penalty for the relevant driver. Additional penalties may be imposed at the stewards’ discretion.

Safety car lapped drivers - as was the case in 2014, lapped cars may unlap themselves behind the safety car; however, the safety car will no longer need to wait until said drivers have caught back up to the back of the field before leaving the track. Instead, the safety car is free to pull back into the pits on the following lap after the last lapped car has been waved through.

Suspension - any suspension systems fitted to either the front or rear wheels may only react to direct changes of load applied to the relevant section. Front-and-Rear Interconnected Suspension (FRIC) will therefore be formally outlawed.

Gearbox - teams will no longer be able to re-nominate gearings during the season - they could do it once in 2014.

Minimum weight - the minimum weight has been increased slightly for 2015 - without fuel, each car must weigh at least 702kg.

Nose designs - new regulations, brought in to improve safety and also restrict strange and ugly solutions, mean nose designs become more uniform. 2014 layouts like the anteater and twin tusk will no longer be legal.

Cockpit safety - the Zylon anti-intrusion panels on both sides of the survival cell have been extended upwards to the rim of the cockpit and alongside the driver’s head.

In-season testing - there will be two in-season two-day tests, down from four in 2014. Two of the four days in total must be reserved for young drivers.

Alright so I can't wait to hear what you guys and gals think of the new regulations. Me personally I think that scrapping the double points was fine but the virtual safety car is a bit annoying...
Aaron Littlewood
(Kumpulan Rookie - 222)

Kiriman: 357
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 21:41:54 Sebut 
Personally I think we need to see these in action before we can comment. These changes could have a different impact to what we are expecting
Jamie Morris
(Kumpulan Rookie - 268)

Kiriman: 3115
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 21:42:51 Sebut 
Happy to see they've lowered the punishment for still having crew on the grid. Drive through seemed a bit too much.

Not too fussed about the other regulations, just as long as the racing is good :P

Oh yea, and I'm happy they've got rid of double points and standing restarts :D
Paul Brosnan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 38)

Negara:
Ireland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 21:50:44 Sebut 
Quote ( Aaron Littlewood @ December 28th 2014,21:41:54 )

Personally I think we need to see these in action before we can comment. These changes could have a different impact to what we are expecting

Yeah I thought that last season would be awful but to be honest I enjoyed it not being dominated by Vettel. Speaking of Vettel it should make for an interesting season with him in Maranello

Quote ( Jamie Morris @ December 28th 2014,21:42:51 )

Happy to see they've lowered the punishment for still having crew on the grid. Drive through seemed a bit too much.

Not too fussed about the other regulations, just as long as the racing is good :P

Oh yea, and I'm happy they've got rid of double points and standing restarts :D

It was just dangerous having them outside the garage after the start. also double points was the worst. The FIA should simply have listened to the people when they experessed a hatred towards the idea.
Dave Pegg
(Kumpulan Amateur - 20)

Kiriman: 12
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 23:18:53 Sebut 
Power units - I think 4-5 is the limit. Any lower would hurt the racing - like tyre saving does.

Double points - always a waste of time.

Restarts - race stopped (for safety, extreme weather) standing restart, otherwise Safety Car rolling restart.

Virtual Safety Car? - Sounded like a bad idea at first but might work if drivers all stay at the same speed limit, (no passing) in the double yellow area.

Safety Car lapped drivers - better idea than presently.
Paul Brosnan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 38)

Negara:
Ireland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 23:31:28 Sebut 
I agree with you on all of those points. I think that 4 in the optimal number because then you have teams salvaging engine parts and being generally resourcefulness so all teams have an equal chance.
David Jundt
(Kumpulan Amateur - 52)

Kiriman: 15594
  Negara:
Switzerland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Dis 28 2014, 23:58:32 (terakhir disunting Dis 28 2014, 23:58:59 oleh David Jundt) Sebut 
Quote ( Dave Pegg @ December 28th 2014,23:18:53 )

Imo it isn't.

Imagine the last lapped car just passing the SC shortly before the last turn with the SC pulling in, which means the leaders will lap said car just moments later, repeating the process of lapping that car for a second time.

Great idea...

Also the time penalties for replacing parts, not sure what to make out of it. Sounds rather confusing.
Paul Brosnan
(Kumpulan Amateur - 38)

Negara:
Ireland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Dis 29 2014, 00:06:42 Sebut 
Quote ( David Jundt @ December 28th 2014,23:58:32 )

Quote ( Dave Pegg @ December 28th 2014,23:18:53 )

Imo it isn't.

Imagine the last lapped car just passing the SC shortly before the last turn with the SC pulling in, which means the leaders will lap said car just moments later, repeating the process of lapping that car for a second time.

Great idea...

Also the time penalties for replacing parts, not sure what to make out of it. Sounds rather confusing.

You will probably get used to how they are allocated after a few races.
Denis Komljenović
(Kumpulan Rookie - 347)

Kiriman: 87
  Negara:
Croatia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Mac 16 2015, 23:25:00 Sebut 
I'm a bit confused about the safety car
Noel McAvena
(Kumpulan Amateur - 114)

Kiriman: 29
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Mac 16 2015, 23:31:01 Sebut 
It's the one with doors on it and flashing lights.
Joe Manifold
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Kiriman: 12472
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Mac 16 2015, 23:32:32 Sebut 
Quote ( Noel McAvena @ March 16th 2015,23:31:01 )

/gb/Login.asp?Redirect=gpro.asp
Denis Komljenović
(Kumpulan Rookie - 347)

Kiriman: 87
  Negara:
Croatia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Mac 17 2015, 00:02:36 Sebut 
Quote ( Noel McAvena @ March 16th 2015,23:31:01 )

And now you're so smart? I don't understand the new rule about the safety car
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Pro - 4)

Kiriman: 6688
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Mac 17 2015, 00:08:13 Sebut 
there was a rule when the after the safety car, the cars will line up on the grid and essentially start the race again from standing start, but they scraped it before the race begun.

The only rule change concerning safety cars is that it'll no longer wait for lapped cars to make it to the back of the pack, it'll let them past, them come in the pits and the race restarts with the unlapped cars the other side of the track
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini