Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [12 3 ... 63 64 65 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Current situation and GPRO's future 1935 balasan
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Pentadbir)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 8569
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (54)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 08:21:05 (terakhir disunting Dis 26 2015, 22:51:02 oleh Vladimir Alexandrov) Sebut 
I am making this topic with the main intent to share the background of what's been happening in the past months behind the scenes, as it has a big impact on the game, its development and the path it takes from here onwards. I will also try to explain why the game needs your involvement in its development if it is to survive and get back on the good tracks.

Up until Septemeber 2014 we invested on average about 60% of the earnings from the game on advertising through various channels (Facebook, Google, etc.). While the advertising brought a good amount of new players, the results were not what we hoped for. The amount of people actually staying to play long term was rather small. In Septemeber 2014 we were contacted for a tax audit and the following months revealed that due to an error made by the accountant of GPRO's company, we were liable to pay more than 50 000 EUR in taxes (including interest) for the period 2010-2014. This decision has paralysed the company and we've had to cut on the biggest costs related to the game, therefore all advertising was stopped. This partly explains why the numbers in Rookie declined and we had to cut down the number of Rookie groups last season. However this is not the main problem of the game.

We (admins + community manager) have very limited time. While I work on the game full time, the other admins work sporadically, a couple of hours now, maybe an hour next week. Their input is still very good for the game, but this also means that my time is gold. Further more my time is split between game development, server maintenance, game maintenance, marketing, accounting tasks, analytical tasks, management tasks. Can a single person do all this stuff and have a life outside the game? While the admins & CM are here to run the game and make stuff happen in it, we are not magicians. YOU, the community, are the workforce behind the game. You should be involved as much as possible not only in telling us how to do it, but by actually doing it, by contributing to its features and development with your time and skills. While community involvement in the game development was at its highest during the first few years of GPRO, it has been at its lowest in the last few years. Can we change this trend? Doing this will change the trend of declining participants per race with the healthy increase of participants we had almost every season a few years ago as can be seen on this graph:

/Stats.asp?type=graphparticipants#scroll

We have to come together as a community and have a plan, decide what we are going to do. Are we going to stay small and keep the game on life support in its current form? Or we are going to try and grow, attract new players, invite friends, improve the game and community spirit. It is my hope that you are not just going to offer feedback, but also step forward and help with something concrete. If you have a skill you can lend to the game - make it known. Maybe you are a marketing guru and can help promote the game, maybe you are business person and have some ideas on how to grow, maybe you can translate the game to another language, maybe you have another skill with which you can contribute. If not, if you believe that I will somehow magically solve all the problems, then I can assure you it won't happen. You have to get involved and be part of the change.

Below I will list items with which you can help us and which are part of our plan for getting more players in the game and making them stay, nothing is set in stone obviously, but it is a good starting point:

1) We need translators who can maintain the existing translations, as well as complete translations of the game started by other players (who lost interest or didn't have time to complete them). Only serious candidates are needed for this job, if you are lazy and can't be bothered to put in at least half an hour work per day until the translation is complete, then better leave the job to someone else. Once a translation has been finished, maintaining it requires only translating any new texts which are added to the game when new features are introduced or old ones modified in some way. Translators are needed for the following languages:

Hungarian
French
Swedish
Catalan
Turkish
Lithuanian
Chinese (Simplified)
Japanese
Latvian

2) Introduction videos

We got many times the suggestion to make some introduction videos. We are admins, we can code stuff. Making videos is not our thing. If you are good in making such videos, here is your chance to contribute.

3) Interactive tutorial of the game for newbies

Same as above. We can do the coding, but the rest of it needs some vision and skills that we don't have.

4) iOS and Android app development

Getting an official app for GPRO is something which could bring masses of new players to the game and secure the game's long term future. However we need someone who can develop it in close coordination with us. The base for the app(s) will be a HTML5 web application interface optimized for mobile devices which will be packaged in each of the apps making it easier to deploy updates to the app functionality.

5) Driver face generation and designing race track backgrounds

Those are less important but could again help make the game a bit more complete. Both things require some good design art abilities, which we don't have. We already have a driver face generator that can make generating faces easier, contact Flo for more information on this.

If you feel you can provide ideas to come up with a course of action/strategy or to help with the mentioned areas, please let us know in the topic or contact our Community Manager, so we can start coordinating efforts.
Kshitij Sharma
(Kumpulan Amateur - 11)

Kiriman: 2740
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (13)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 08:49:32 Sebut 
I know a person who can code android app for free he is my relative should I contact him
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Rookie - 55)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (21)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:24:27 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 09:50:05 oleh Stuart Foster) Sebut 
Wow, rookie participation has dropped to a level that is almost on a par with amateur, 3,000 lost rookie participants in the space of 10 seasons is heavy. I suppose part of the problem can be that people have so many entertainment things to fill their lives with, can explain part of the drop, the fact that the game has stood still for quite a period and at a time when mobile technology has taken a huge leap in recent years.

I think the game has to become more accessible to smart phones / tablets...I could be wrong...but of course it would need someone with the skills to make it happen. I personally find the game frustrating to access on anything other than at least my 10" ipad, but then that's probably cos i'm old fashioned and big thumbed.

What I love about GPRO is that the basic concept has never changed and while I applaud it for that (because I am old fashioned, traditionalist and generally resistent to change) ...I think new players are most frustrated by the fact that its 2 races a week and there progress is depedant on real time and not their own time that they could put in if they were able to do more. I'm not saying there should be more races, but maybe some sort of ghost races or something that players could enter that can help speed up their learning / progress. Again, it requires a lot of development I expect but I genuinely feel the game could benefit from allowing players some sort of greater access to learn/experience more of the game than they currently can by there only being 2 races a week. Like I said, I'm not saying increase the number of actual races, but maybe there could be some sort of ghost race with AI opponents for example...I don't know....it's just a basic idea....

If I was a new player to the game at this point, I'd probably feel my potential enjoyment / stayability to continue playing is stifled by not being able to learn more. It's great that the game has this principle where it gives more to the players the longer you play it, but in this modern age, people want a greater and faster access to everything they are doing in their lives and the same applies here. People want the feeling they are getting somewhere and it not being limited by time / the race numbers per year that they can learn. I do feel it does put a brick wall on the game at the moment to keep players interested.

Maybe there could even be ghost races that you could invite/add other managers from your friends list...even if they were in different levels / groups of the game...being able to compete against friends and multiplayer type gaming on a wider level is a potential gap with the game I think. It's probably a massive task to introduce something like this but inter-team races and racing with friends in a wider capacity would be a nice add...especially if you were still able to learn / gather data from it.

Josh Clark
(Kumpulan Rookie - 55)

Kiriman: 6667
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:46:59 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 09:49:53 oleh Josh Clark) Sebut 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ March 28th 2015,09:24:27 )

What I love about GPRO is that the basic concept has never changed and while I applaud it for that (because I am old fashioned, traditionalist and generally resistent to change) ...I think new players are most frustrated by the fact that its 2 races a week and there progress is depedant on real time and not their own time that they could put in if they were able to do more. I'm not saying there should be more races, but maybe some sort of ghost races or something that players could enter that can help speed up their learning / progress. Again, it requires a lot of development I expect but I genuinely feel the game could benefit from allowing players some sort of greater access to learn/experience more of the game than they currently can by there only being 2 races a week. Like I said, I'm not saying increase the number of actual races, but maybe there could be some sort of ghost race with AI opponents for example...I don't know....it's just a basic idea....

The best players in the game take on average two years to reach Elite, assuming straight promotions and no screw-ups. That's a long time... the first ambition of any newbie when they join will certainly be "I want to get to the top". But after a few races it becomes very apparent that it's not going to happen any time soon. I suppose then it's just a matter of how much you want it, and how much fun you think you can have in the game without it. In this respect, I believe rookie groups are the most important groups in the game. This is where new players create their views on the entire game, and it's the deciding factor of the thrill to be expected. It should be as exciting in your first season in rookie as it should be in your promotion season from master. So I think the only way to keep new players (not attract them - that's down to word and advertisement) is to really nail that excitement factor in rookie. Very very early in this game you realise that you're not going to get to the top any time soon, so it needs to be shown that as much excitement and fun can be had right at the start.

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ March 28th 2015,08:21:05 )

3) Interactive tutorial of the game for newbies

Same as above. We can do the coding, but the rest of it needs some vision and skills that we don't have.

I can't code, I can't draw, I'm no good with computers full stop. But I knew exactly what I meant in my head when I suggested this, and had an exact picture. I can supply vision but anything else is not really possible from me.
Andrew Wilden
(Kumpulan Amateur - 110)

Kiriman: 1502
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:52:15 Sebut 

What I love about GPRO is that the basic concept has never changed and while I applaud it for that (because I am old fashioned, traditionalist and generally resistent to change) ...I think new players are most frustrated by the fact that its 2 races a week and there progress is depedant on real time and not their own time that they could put in if they were able to do more.

I totally agree with you Mate, I am "Old School" as well, & are very Happy with the 2 Races per week.

I'm not saying there should be more races, but maybe some sort of ghost races or something that players could enter that can help speed up their learning / progress. Again, it requires a lot of development I expect but I genuinely feel the game could benefit from allowing players some sort of greater access to learn/experience more of the game than they currently can by there only being 2 races a week. Like I said, I'm not saying increase the number of actual races, but maybe there could be some sort of ghost race with AI opponents for example...I don't know....it's just a basic idea....

I think this is a Brilliant Idea, but for ROOKIE ONLY.

I have Mentored a number of New Players................Many have stayed, some have left the Game Unfortunately.

I remember one Player asked me, "Why is there ONLY 2 Races a week, what am I meant to do in the mean time ??" He Left the Game.

Patience is Key to this Game, LONG TERM, but many New Players lack this, until they gain more experience & see the BIG Picture.

Why not allow Rookie's an Extra "Dummy" Race per week, to keep them interested, & keep their learning progress going well.

This would be Totally Voluntary, with NO Points up for Grabs, & I guess (But I am Open to ideas on this) ZERO Wear, CASH, & Increase in Driver Attributes.

Basically a Training School for New Player's outside the Mentor Program, to keep New Players Interested.

I have No Idea how hard this would be for Vlad to Implement, or the Cost involved, but I honestly believe it may help Player Retention, & Pay Off Long Term.
Chris Oldham
(Kumpulan Rookie - 248)

Kiriman: 1922
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:55:20 Sebut 
I feel I agree with Stuart greatly. I have a few ideas which I can help forward but here's a few:

1) Like Stuart said, we could have ghost races so newbies can experience GPRO before diving in straight away and losing interest because they don't know what to do. If anyone owns F1 2014 and some before, you see that when you start the game you get a chance to chose difficulty, etc. But the main part is, you learn all the controls before te game and how to experience each individual weather condition. I guess it is sort of what Vlad said (newbie interactive stuff) but I'm suggesting that the newbies experience a tutorial and experience race(s) on how to work the game. It may seem complicated but it works for people starting F1 Codemasters game for the first time, why not try to impliment it here?

2) You see all these newbies leaving as they can't understand the game properly, etc. They probably won't read the forums too, meaning they won't spot the mentoring programme. I suggest that when the newbies first join the game (after activation), they get directed to the mentor forum or to a seperate pop-up screen with a list of mentors on it. The mentors will have volunteered and be sorted into languages so if a Brazilian manager has been activated, he'll be either directed to the Brazilian mentor page or the pop-up appears with a list of all Brazilian mentors willing to help. Once again, this may be hard to code and all but I reckon this could definiately help newbies, getting experienced advice from managers.
Note- For the mentor system, it'll still be Amateur and above but I suggest with managers who have had 2-3 seasons of experience within Amateur.
Dominik Karda
(Kumpulan Amateur - 78)

Kiriman: 5425
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:56:21 Sebut 
I am not sure how the referrals are working this season (and if the people doing it are pretty active or not), but I am a bit worried that somebody invites a hell of a lot people and then like ten percent stay for a long time, which I think wouldn't be really good.

I have been part of the GPRO Community for nearly five years, there have been some ups and downs, and we all hope (at least the Rookie participation) springs back up, where it used to be - 20+ Rookie managers per race in a group.

The mentoring programme also helped some newbies not to just stay, but build up the ranks, which is amazing. Plus, the forum is really active. Like I said above though, everything has its ups and downs and I personally hope (not the only one by far) that we reach 15k managers in a race soon. It just need the Rookie activity...
Egon Blissi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 93)

Kiriman: 741
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 09:57:26 Sebut 
I remember in my very early days in Gpro it was very frustrating to not have any idea of the fuel amount needed for the race as well as tires duration. I agree with the FOBY policy, but I think GPRO should be way more friendly with newcomers when it comes to race strategy. Because the race result is all that a newbie care of in his first days on GPRO and if he has to input some random values for fuel and later discover those were completely wrong, that's something that can really take newcomers away from the game before they have even started to understand how great this game is.
I think that if a realistic but not so accurate minimum amount of fuel needed for rookies could be added in the track information page for each track, it would result in a great help in retaining players. Let's face it, there are a number of sites on the web where a newbie can retrieve this info, nothing wrong IMHO if it's Gpro itself to give it away.
Shoaib Mohamed
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 9817
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 10:05:16 Sebut 
Respect for reaching out to the community and perhaps you might have done it earlier, as there's plenty of talented and enthusiastic people willing to help out.

I'll pitch in once the Hindi translation nears completion.
Chris Field
(Kumpulan Pro - 6)

Kiriman: 19
  Negara:
Switzerland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (17)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 10:09:02 Sebut 
Fundamentally, the design of the game is one which rewards longevity and even goes so far as to deny new players the information they need to play it well. Despite the Newbie Guide and FAQ, the attitude is and always has been "Find Out By Yourself" - to the extent that I'm sure many players, myself included, don't bother asking questions any more. We are just told FOBY, or someone who offers information is leapt on by FOBY enthusiasts.

Why does the game need this feature? Well, it's because there is a narrow path you must follow to succeed. I'm not saying there is only one setup or combination of choices that makes you win, but there's only one car setup that will race fastest (give or take guessing the temperature changes), the decision you make on tyres/stops is often a no-brainer because guessing the behaviour of 39 other cars mid-race is extremely challenging. Likewise guessing rain and how best to choose numbers there is extremely challenging. This creates a situation where people who have worked out the numbers can just fill them in without thinking, and those who haven't struggle, can't see where they are going wrong and give up.

Further, even in Rookie, the amount of information thrown at you is overwhelming, and there are only the vaguest of hints about what does what. What do driver stats really mean? How do car parts really matter? What's with sponsors? Don't ask, you'll be told it's a secret.

This game has stagnated, with a core of people who have invested the time to have gotten over this barrier to entry, who all do pretty well, and then an influx of new players who leave as often as they join. The only way I can see the player base growing is to fundamentally change the way the game works so that there are multiple ways in which you feel you can improve your performance, and so that the decisions you make have transparent meanings and consequences. Only a few people really enjoy playing a game where you have to guess the rules as you go along, whilst everyone else at the table smirks at you.
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Retired)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 21510
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 10:10:58 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 10:15:48 oleh Andrei Ciuchi) Sebut 
Quote ( Chris Field @ March 28th 2015,10:09:02 )

The only way I can see the player base growing is to fundamentally change the way the game works

Perhaps you can give an example of 'fundamentally change the way the game works'?

Are you referring to getting rid of the FOBY aspect of the game?

Quote ( Chris Field @ March 28th 2015,10:09:02 )

Fundamentally, the design of the game is one which rewards longevity and even goes so far as to deny new players the information they need to play it well. Despite the Newbie Guide and FAQ, the attitude is and always has been "Find Out By Yourself" - to the extent that I'm sure many players, myself included, don't bother asking questions any more. We are just told FOBY, or someone who offers information is leapt on by FOBY enthusiasts.

There is the mentor program offered at the beginning of each manager's career. It's a good starting point. Then you can get into a team where you can learn. You think that's not enough?
Janne Kuokkanen
(Kumpulan Amateur - 122)

Kiriman: 1270
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 10:47:32 Sebut 
i could some day work on finnish newbie welcome video, if that helps you at all, vlad :) or do you just want the english version of it? :)
Martin Freeth
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Kiriman: 965
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 10:51:21 Sebut 
One of my team members does advertising on the TV , I will ask him about an introduction video and if we can help in any way we will do our best Vlad .
Martin Freeth
(Kumpulan Pro - 16)

Kiriman: 965
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (12)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:03:19 Sebut 
What about a mentor team service where newbies can join a team and then they can all learn and talk together , then they are not learning on their own but can learn with others . And maybe there should be a fuel calculator available so they can work out there fuel instead of having to guess for several races before having enough data to calculate it , but this only be available to you in your first season .
Ioannis Dimitroglou4
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 2052
  Negara:
Greece 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:03:48 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 11:08:20 oleh Ioannis Dimitroglou) Sebut 
1) i think the main problem is that the average level of managers is high, gain experience and becoming a good player is difficult so new managers have a gap to cover. however this can't change except for learning speed, so....

2) interactive tutorial is a very good idea and needs to be introduced

3) i suggest sth like trial period in non-realtime times (meaning that a new manager may run 5-6 races and choose from 3-4 different drivers so that he/she quickly gets some addiction and doesn't leave game in the first couple of race.. during this period he/she may have easier access to the rulles newbie gujide etc so that we increase the chances he or she reads it

4) using supporter credits you may enter this non-realtime mode once per season
this will decrease DA phenomenon and bring profit for the game at the same time.

5) more "?" attributes explaining things. e.g. you should explain what is average sponsor progress at the sponsor page,next to the point you actually see these words.. the same can be made with ? or sami links withdriver attributes sponsor attributes etc making learning process faster and easier

6) a new attribute-change etc at higher lvls probably??
Branimir Karačić
(Kumpulan Pro - 25)

Kiriman: 87
  Negara:
Croatia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (15)
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:14:25 Sebut 
I have read some of your suggestions and can offer my point of view:

I am 35 years old and have noticed new generations, 25 and younger, see things in a different way than I do. While my genereation (and olders) were looking forward to a challenge (FOBY aspect of a game) new ones are not ready for it (at least most of them). People are used to smartphones, cell phones and other staff helping them reach their goal short term. Also educational system has changed accross the world and children have much more rights and much less obligations. They are not used to learn by thinking, they are used to learn by hart. This is generally biggest problem of this game as FOBY aspect is turning those younger generations away (I am not sure if they realise it though).

Another problem in my mind is this game (in a marketing sense) is targeting more intelligent people, but there is a catch here also. While some teams have mathematical and/or statistical person(s) who can use data to develop good calculators others don't. So you can be intelligent, but need 20 seasons of collecting data to make some kind of calculator while others can get it by their friends. So we have situation that frustrates new people in lower leagues which don't have access to calculators while some other do. This actually ruins the FOBY aspect because you can always bring your frend which might not be so smart, but you give him the best calculator tell him which driver to buy and he can immediatelly be better than some high intelligent rookie (and he can be better for at least 10 seasons).

When I first time entered PRO I almost quit the game as I had to calculate setup manually (due to happy range changed by TD and idn't have access to any calculator) which took me around an hour. Calculating happy range took one or two hours more and I was mad as I knew many had calculators and saved money (I had to use testing and practice laps to get an exact happy range. And not just time was a problem I lost few M in compare to ones that have calculators (setup tuning + wear + practice laps). And I knew most of the people with calculators just got them wihtout putting any effort in making them. It was just not fair.

So my suggestion is make everyone acces to exact setup calculator - just setup no fuel, tire...(I know, I know you those who put much time in developing best ones will now bomb me with arguments why not - but I will just ask you would you rather lose this advantage or risk the game ends like other intelligent football manager Freekick?) You can even make it as supporter item which would double your supporter income instantly. Also this would keep many members of younger generations here as they do not want to be bothered with calculating their setup each race so they quit due to that. You can keep other aspects of FOBY, but even lazy drivers would have a chance to prepare a race in a few minutes.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:19:01 Sebut 

Wow, rookie participation has dropped to a level that is almost on a par with amateur, 3,000 lost rookie participants in the space of 10 seasons is heavy.

Is this really the case, or are we missing the fact that nearly two-thirds of these "lost" Rookie participants actually now find themselves competing in a higher level...?

I think the key metric would be at what level players raced their last race prior to disappearing. At what level, and to what extent are players disappearing at?

Surely there must be a record kept of such things?
Andrei Ciuchi
(Kumpulan Retired)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 21510
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:21:28 Sebut 
Quote ( Branimir Karačić @ March 28th 2015,11:14:25 )

So my suggestion is make everyone acces to exact setup calculator

You're not serious.
Chris Oldham
(Kumpulan Rookie - 248)

Kiriman: 1922
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:26:59 Sebut 
Adding to what I said earlier, I have another suggestion:

3) Edit the newbie guide! Why? Because all it is at the moment is titles, sub headings and words...just words. There could be an addition of pictures to it which help the newbies see and visualise where things are instead of reading half and dozen lines and failing to find anything. For example, on the driver's part of the newbie guide, it had the main image of the main page. Then numbers 1-whatever sit next to main things like Driver Training, etc and underneath the first image, you have a number corresponding to the first image. That number will also have a picture attached to it and pointing out simple things newbies need to know.

Good or bad idea?
Eric Bolder
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 1389
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (32)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:27:34 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 11:32:43 oleh Eric Bolder) Sebut 
First step for me would be to get rid of the FOBY culture for the "simple" parts of the game. With some googling the info is already out there and the info itself doesn't give a big competetive advantage. Every semi experienced manager knows it, the small teams know it, everyone knows it that plays the game for some time.

The problem is the hurdle when you start; no guidance whatsoever. Who the hell reads the forum immediately after you start. Make a proper tutorial, and advertise / introduce the game in a right way. About long term planning and you are slowly building your way to the top.

When a player starts give a tutorial that explains the basics of the game. What different driver stats do. What the different car parts mean. Explain how you find the right setup using practice laps. This is not a big secret and we shouldn’t act like it is one. Explain all the menu's; explain the differences between groups and levels, like tire choices that get introduced and technical directors. Make them enthusiastic and make the hurdle to join the game lower.

Also some of the admins are a big part of the problem. When some admin is in a bald mood he deletes (or worse he "censors" it to make it look like you said something bad) your post where you just give a normal answer to a normal question for a new player and then has the balls to say "revealing detailed game information is against the rules". Detailed information? You got to be joking me. Imo every question should be allowed to be answered in just words. No numbers, so you can't say how much fuel you need or how much/many/often X will last or go. Get rid of the pathetic elitist foby culture. You make everyone run away from the game.

You could combine something like this with Martin Freeths idea, maybe make a separate forum for this, and only allow new players to discuss stuff like this. Soon enough a good starter knowledge database will be created by the new players themselves. Good posts will stay on top and everyone can read them.

Also imo NEVER change the core of the game, this is the reason why so much of us play the game for a very long time. The value of long term data collection, long term planning etc.
Josh Clark
(Kumpulan Rookie - 55)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #21 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:36:39 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 11:37:25 oleh Josh Clark) Sebut 
I will attempt to create an example of what I envisioned a tutorial and intro race simulation to be when I get home later today and post it here. My editing skills are crap so don't judge ;)
Mark Philips
(Kumpulan Amateur - 23)

Kiriman: 913
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #22 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:37:06 Sebut 
A couple of suggestions that I think would help encourage new ones and others:

1) Reward certain achievements with supporter credits or unlocking a certain aspect of the game.
2) Reward supporters for their loyalty, with the aim of encouraging managers to become and remain supporters.
Branimir Karačić
(Kumpulan Pro - 25)

Kiriman: 87
  Negara:
Croatia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (10)
Kiriman lama #23 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:37:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Andrei Ciuchi @ March 28th 2015,11:21:28 )

So my suggestion is make everyone acces to exact setup calculator

You're not serious.

OF course I am. I already said to my teammates it is either that or this game will end soon (OK it might be +/- 5 to 10 over exact number just to keep some mistery, but not more than that). Mark my words. Because current setup system is not just FOBY. It is "FOBY and pay for it". FOBY turns away less intelligent and lazy people (majority of todays world population) while "pay for it" turns away more intelligent ones. Of course if you don't have an acces to calculator which most of the people don't.

And you already have a calculator you can pay anyway so in a marketing sense only reasonable way would be to offer it by GPRO. Why let other earn money for something you can easily do it by yourself.

So Chirs Filed is apsolutelly right. This game needs fundamental change. It it wants to survive of course. So you can be stubborn or to adopt to modern way of thinking it is your choice. There are concequnces for both ways.

This must me solved in some way unless you want to see the game ends.
Josh Clark
(Kumpulan Rookie - 55)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #24 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:42:30 Sebut 

You can even make it as supporter item which would double your supporter income instantly.

A pay-to-win system would halve the supporters instantly.
Alex Nikodem-Wing
(Kumpulan Amateur - 98)

Kiriman: 1744
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #25 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 11:43:55 Sebut 
Quote ( Branimir Karačić @ March 28th 2015,11:37:17 )

OF course I am. I already said to my teammates it is either that or this game will end soon (OK it might be +/- 5 to 10 over exact number just to keep some mistery, but not more than that). Mark my words. Because current setup system is not just FOBY. It is "FOBY and pay for it". FOBY turns away less intelligent and lazy people (majority of todays world population) while "pay for it" turns away more intelligent ones. Of course if you don't have an acces to calculator which most of the people don't. And you already have a calculator you can pay anyway so in a marketing sense only reasonable way would be to offer it by GPRO. Why let other earn money for something you can easily do it by yourself.So Chirs Filed is apsolutelly right. This game needs fundamental change. It it wants to survive of course. So you can be stubborn or to adopt to modern way of thinking it is your choice. There are concequnces for both ways.This must me solved in some way unless you want to see the game ends.

Why do you want to play a game with people who can't be bothered to learn. GPRO is meant to be a realistic representation of the motor sport world. I don't see Mercedes saying to Renault and Honda ' Hi to set up you engines better I would recommend for you to do.......'
Krasen Belev
(Kumpulan Master - 2)

Kiriman: 4123
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #26 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 12:03:14 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 12:06:48 oleh Krasen Belev) Sebut 
Well...

1. Game need to move on smartphones for sure. If the game have a mobile version will be easier.

2. Game need something new. A new race view maybe, changes n web site ect. Game hasn't change in general since i'm in. Yes, you don't change something that is working good, but now is the time for bigger changes.

3. Guess races, mini games...I like that game have not a race everyday and 2 race per week is perfect, but its still the problem, because most new members want to move fast in game, they want results now and if they join on friday after the race, time until next race is too much. They just forget about the game...So mini leagues will be something that game should add. Don't know will the server handle it, but there should be a mini races every day, were new players can see how the game works.

Edit
+4. Something that can help to newbies to get their setups correct. The truth is, that most of the players above rookie have calculatoprs ect. but how one new manager can get it to calculate him setup? He simply cant do it alone and thats why most of the new players stop playing.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #27 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 12:05:15 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 12:05:47 oleh Michael Winkley) Sebut 
Knowledge without understanding is but useless fact.
Richard Hill
(Kumpulan Amateur - 57)

Kiriman: 101
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #28 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 12:05:55 Sebut 
How about adding a twitter update/ facebook status/ social media update button and offer 1 free race credit each week you tweet?
That way, publicity is generated constantly amongst our friends, many of whom are in F1/Rally/Cart groups on facebook. The one race per weekly tweet means we still have to support financially but get the word out weekly.

Maybe ( and I don't know if this would be possible) if someone signs up from a tweet, have a special prize for the tweeter's account.

I know its a pain sometimes tweeting about your activities, but if it is a one click - popup process, no pain, it'll take a second to spread the word.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #29 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 12:09:50 Sebut 
The best way is to randomly tweet #gpro whilst tweeting other stuff.
Theodosis Vogiatzis
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 513
  Negara:
Greece 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #30 dikirim Mac 28 2015, 12:14:32 (terakhir disunting Mac 28 2015, 12:15:42 oleh Theodosis Vogiatzis) Sebut 
All of the suggestions are very interesting indeed.

In my humble opinion, the Official GPRO app should be a top priority. The fact you would be able to play anywhere with your smartphone is gold to a lot of the community and especially those who are away from home most of the time.

Also, because of the big number of the GPRO community, the app should able to produce high rankings on all the app stores (and lots of downloads) meaning that it would be seen by a lot of people unaware of the game who would be browsing down the game list on the store. That means more advertising for the game.

Last but not least, the app should be a good one for all of this to work. If someone could build an app that can produce the same exact experience of the game, as you get from the browser... then the game will rise to a whole different level.

P.S. And please.... don't ignore Windows Phones. We are players too :P
Halaman [12 3 ... 63 64 65 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini