Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 ... 63 64 65 » Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: Current situation and GPRO's future 1935 balasan
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #421 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 22:04:50 Sebut 
The point being made is that X number of rookie wins shouldn't see a driver thinking that he is Michael Schumacher. He's probably not even a Ralf Schumacher.
Maik Schesch
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 847
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #422 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 22:36:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ April 19th 2015,20:12:34 )

Yeah, tell Apple to low their prices because I want to be pleased buying a Mac at Acer prices, or tell Ferrari I want to buy one of their cars and they should lower their prices and quality because I want one for the same I payed for my Opel. You can also tell EA I don't like the way Fifa works and to make it easier because they are loosing me as customer.

Come on, this is a game, a game which has certain kind of customers, players who look for long term game, not pay to win, and that supposes they need to use their brain and do their best to succeed. In this kind of market you can't make EVERYONE happy. Especially to opposed parts, how would you make both happy, players who want a long term and no easy game and players who want an easy to win game? Please give a solution (if you can), not just saying admins should make everyone happy ;)

Sorry, but what do you want to tell with that exaggeration about Apple and Ferrari? Is GPRO such a permium product that demand must be limited, or is the topic of this thread to attract players?

In case you want to oppose me saying "Make it easier to win for Rookies", I must tell you thats not what I said.

There would be tons of ways to improve the rookie game experience without interferring with upper layers much at all.

Please refrain from putting words into my mouth I never said.
Michael Winkley
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 33335
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (4)
Kiriman lama #423 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 22:39:21 Sebut 
Maik, I find it best to ignore Fran. His self-righteous BS is aimed solely at winning Best Forum User awards. You do have to ask what kind of idiot is voting for him though.
Jan Pavlicek2
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 1259
  Negara:
Republik Czech 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #424 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 22:41:41 Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 19th 2015,21:26:56 )

I've seen my own team mates being careful on the number of wins to keep Reputation under control.
this rule is */&#$@%#$@ :)
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #425 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:28:08 Sebut 
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 19th 2015,22:36:50 )

Sorry, but what do you want to tell with that exaggeration about Apple and Ferrari? Is GPRO such a permium product that demand must be limited, or is the topic of this thread to attract players?

What I´m simply saying and seems it´s difficult to understand to you is that ALL products are destinated to certain customers, and there always be customers who don´t like it, for one reason or another. You can´t please everybody as you suggested with:
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 19th 2015,19:01:48 )

From a business point of view, you might want to please both parties.

You can´t please people looking for a long term game and people looking for a "wanna win now" game with the same game, that´s simply not possible.

I haven´t put any words in your mouth, just answer to what you said and your oppinion with my own oppinion and an example that seems you didn´t understand, nothing else ;)

Geoffrey Gill
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Kiriman: 288
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #426 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:42:03 Sebut 
Fran
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ April 19th 2015,23:28:08 )

Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 19th 2015,22:36:50 )

What I´m simply saying and seems it´s difficult to understand to you is that ALL products are destinated to certain customers, and there always be customers who don´t like it, for one reason or another. You can´t please everybody as you suggested with:
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 19th 2015,19:01:48 )

From a business point of view, you might want to please both parties.

You can´t please people looking for a long term game and people looking for a "wanna win now" game with the same game, that´s simply not possible.

I haven´t put any words in your mouth, just answer to what you said and your oppinion with my own oppinion and an example that seems you didn´t understand, nothing else ;)

Maybe you can Fran.....What if there were different MODELS of how the game is played?
For instance:

Model 1: Exactly how it is now, no changes. The long term player gets his/her fix and enjoys the game

OR

Model 2: One season long. Everyone starts with $50 million, exact same car, driver, and facilities....whoever scores most points at end of season is the winner. No data collection. No whoever has played the longest wins. It would be about immediate strategy not long term.

I don't know how to program but it seems to me that these MODELS could be implemented with a minimal/moderate amount of coding....the whole game engine would not have to be revamped.

Just a suggestion to try and help out this great game!
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #427 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:48:38 Sebut 
Quote ( Geoffrey Gill @ April 19th 2015,23:42:03 )

Model 2: One season long. Everyone starts with $50 million, exact same car, driver, and facilities....whoever scores most points at end of season is the winner. No data collection. No whoever has played the longest wins. It would be about immediate strategy not long term.

Isn´t this more or less how Rookie works now? And in Rookie you can even request the same group than your friends.
Maik Schesch
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #428 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:54:48 (terakhir disunting Apr 19 2015, 23:57:04 oleh Maik Schesch) Sebut 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ April 19th 2015,23:28:08 )

I give up. What am I saying all the time? Not about easy wins but improving the game experience for a certain (large) group of managers.

It is not impossible to optimize in a certain market segment, while not loosing attractivity in the other segments. Products are modelled to appeal to many different segments all the time. I can only refer to my initial post before it dirfted apart in this rather fruitless argument.

If you just want to say that you don't want the game to be more attractive to Rookies, that's fine. I got that.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #429 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:57:21 Sebut 
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 19th 2015,23:54:48 )

If you just want to say that you don't want the game to be more attractive to Rookies, that's fine. I got that.

What were you saying about not putting words not said in others mouth? Ok, I give up too ;)
Maik Schesch
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #430 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:59:01 (terakhir disunting Apr 19 2015, 23:59:30 oleh Maik Schesch) Sebut 
You have not once been responding to my actual suggestions, instead there is a lot of unrelated banter about "easy wins" what nobody said. I should have known better and Michael maybe is spot on heh.
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 120)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #431 dikirim Apr 19 2015, 23:59:32 Sebut 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ April 10th 2015,09:18:07 )

A quick note on all the discussions related to major game changes and overhauls of parts of the game. We are not looking to do such major tasks (remember that we don't have the manpower, resources or time?), we are looking to preserve the essence of the game, while improving the way we present it to players. While a few of those ideas are indeed something we plan to work on in the future, it will not be done before the main issues covered in the first post are completed to a satisfactory level.
Maik Schesch
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #432 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 00:03:24 (terakhir disunting Apr 20 2015, 00:06:31 oleh Maik Schesch) Sebut 
Is the "essence of the game" at stake with free testings for Rookies? Or 12 or 16 practice laps for Rookies? Or two identical tires only different in some degree peak temp? Or whatever might give a Rookie more things to be engaged with the game? I doubt it would been affecting me at all, and there is much room above me for more competitive gameplaye as it exists.

Anyways I tried. Thanks for the kind discussion as usual in the gpro suggestions forums *sigh*
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 120)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #433 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 00:11:15 Sebut 
Quote ( Maik Schesch @ April 20th 2015,00:03:24 )

Is the "essence of the game" at stake with free testings for Rookies?

I wouldn't say so - in fact, didn't I suggest that in the past? I certainly agreed with it if I didn't. I think it's a great idea.

Or 12 or 16 practice laps for Rookies? Or two identical tires only different in some degree peak temp?

Not convinced these would be a good thing though. I think the extra practice laps goes from helping them learn to taking away a bit of the fun of the challenge (as would give practice laps to freely use for other things than set up). I think adding a random factor with tyre decision wouldn't be beneficial at all. While tyre choice in upper levels does have a random element, at least it is an educated choice, and only having peak temperature as a factor actually removes that at any level.

Or whatever might give a Rookie more things to be engaged with the game?

Like the introductory video and interactive tutorial mentioned in the OP that we are actively looking for people to help develop? :)
Maik Schesch
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #434 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 00:20:05 (terakhir disunting Apr 20 2015, 00:21:43 oleh Maik Schesch) Sebut 
Ok, that's your fair opinion and the latter two ideas might not be the greatest ideas. If you suggested the testing lap idea before, all credits to you ;)

But that kind of ideas I think could go a long way. Not changing the game at all in terms of mechanics, But making Rookies spent more time on site, try more things, click more things, see more banners, and all what comes along with it.

Thanks Kevin.
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Kiriman: 3616
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #435 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:02:13 Sebut 
I thought I would post this here as it could possibly have an affect on new traffic

http://news.sky.com/story/1468513/google-search-change-could...

Joe Manifold
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Kiriman: 12472
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #436 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:04:11 Sebut 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 20th 2015,14:02:13 )

I thought I would post this here as it could possibly have an affect on new traffic

Here is the result for GPRO: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/?url...
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #437 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:06:23 Sebut 
oops probably should of posted that too :-)
Gustav Gerretz
(Kumpulan Amateur - 54)

Kiriman: 340
  Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #438 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:07:50 Sebut 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 20th 2015,14:02:13 )

This page is indeed notoriously bad at least on my iPad and all Android phones I have tested it on. But somehow I think that if a mobile-only user will happen upon this page they will leave immediately anyway.
Joe Manifold
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #439 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:15:04 Sebut 
Quote ( Gustav Gerretz @ April 20th 2015,14:07:50 )

This page is indeed notoriously bad at least on my iPad and all Android phones I have tested it on. But somehow I think that if a mobile-only user will happen upon this page they will leave immediately anyway.

However being classes as non-friendly for mobile users will mean GPRO will be bumped down in search engine results, which will be very bad.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Pro - 8)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #440 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:19:05 Sebut 
I've checked current results:

P3 for "F1 manager" and "F1 manager online"

Nothing on first 3 pages for "racing manager" and "racing manager online" but "GRAND PRIX RACING ONLINE - GPRO MANAGER" (respectively on page 3 and 2, but nothing to do with gpro.net)

Gustav Gerretz
(Kumpulan Amateur - 54)

Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #441 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:21:51 Sebut 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ April 20th 2015,14:15:04 )

However being classes as non-friendly for mobile users will mean GPRO will be bumped down in search engine results, which will be very bad.

I guess it will be bumped donw on mobile searches only or have I misunderstood the news?
Michael Bauers
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Kiriman: 1760
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #442 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:24:06 Sebut 

I have sometimes wondered, in this era of simpler Facebook games, if a lot of people are turned off by the learning curve.

A tutorial is a good idea, but how to tutorial with no FOBY? Is it possible to give SOME info? Like a max fuel load for every track usage type? It can even be increased by some secret value, like 10%, leading to overfueling. Experienced drivers should always be able to do better, but rookies would have SOME start. Something for tyres could help too.

And some of the stuff all experienced drivers should know could be made available. Not specific numbers, but basic stuff like "obvious" impact of temperature ( that is, obvious if you pay attention for a season, or get on a team where they will tell you the obvious stuff right away.)

No idea if this sort of thing would help keep rookies for more than a few races, but I noticed in my rookie season this year, some people needed a lot of help with some basics in race planning. I eyeballed the proper tyres in many races simply due to knowing a few very basic FOBY things, and won races, so I was thinking you don't need to release much info to help new rookies

Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #443 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:25:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Gustav Gerretz @ April 20th 2015,14:21:51 )

I guess it will be bumped donw on mobile searches only or have I misunderstood the news?

That's my understanding , but with more and more people using tablets and mobile phone's to access the internet this is a bad thing or even my son's computer which is a touchscreen is effectively a massive tablet so may even run the Algorithm.
Joe Manifold
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #444 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:26:08 Sebut 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ April 20th 2015,14:19:05 )

Yes you're right, it seems to be for mobile search results (includnig tablets). But regardless of that, with the amount of people who are using more mobile devices, this will surely negatively impact GPRO, unless it is made more mobile-friendly (or an app created).
Peter Willmore
(Kumpulan Amateur - 46)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #445 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:36:58 Sebut 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ April 20th 2015,14:26:08 )

Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ April 20th 2015,14:19:05 )

Yes you're right, it seems to be for mobile search results (includnig tablets). But regardless of that, with the amount of people who are using more mobile devices, this will surely negatively impact GPRO, unless it is made more mobile-friendly (or an app created).

Also if someone knows the tricks to help bump GPRO up the search pages as well :)
I know a finance company I worked for employed some techniques to do this but I do not know what they are sadly :(
Gustav Gerretz
(Kumpulan Amateur - 54)

Negara:
Estonia 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #446 dikirim Apr 20 2015, 14:45:27 (terakhir disunting Apr 20 2015, 14:48:40 oleh Gustav Gerretz) Sebut 
Quote ( Joe Manifold @ April 20th 2015,14:26:08 )

Well, yes, there will be less people coming here with a mobile device but I don't think they will be keepers without an app or a mobile version anyway. With my Samsung mini this page simply could not be navigated, I had zoom in so much that I could see >10% of the page at a time. But ok, that is a tiny device with a tiny screen that can't really diplay even mobile friendly pages. But my Galaxy Grand, wich is on the other end of the spectrum, still had zooming issues and that makes using a page VERY tedious. My iPad was a bit better but actually racing on it... I dont know, probably not, too much manually entering values for that...

Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 20th 2015,14:36:58 )

Also if someone knows the tricks to help bump GPRO up the search pages as well :)
I know a finance company I worked for employed some techniques to do this but I do not know what they are sadly :(

Google is a "pay to win" game and you can pay to be on top. The best thing is to have a large hit rate and incoming links from other high-ranking pages. So basically spamming the internet is a way to go but they have countermeasures for cheating too much.
Lance Snyder
(Kumpulan Amateur - 17)

Kiriman: 27
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #447 dikirim Apr 22 2015, 00:52:39 (terakhir disunting Apr 22 2015, 01:49:38 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
I'm pretty new but here goes:

Found this game through another online game I play... and the game mechanics/strategy standpoint I do enjoy it. BUT I asked all my n00b questions on the other site.. NOT here. The FOBY attitude and arrogance from many of the veteran players is a huge turnoff. I either asked or googled shit.

I'm thinking about doing the team thing.. so I started looking in the recruitment threads. The dickheadness abounds. Included in some of the messages are a profile looking like a dumbass (i'm new, i have no idea what I should/shouldn't put in my profile), have to post on the forums (why when I'll be just told FOBY, sod off, or get an attitude), If you need to be told how to apply, or what to say you shouldn't bother trying (seriously.. considering this is my first go around with the team aspect how the hell do I know what to put in and what not too).

I've applied to a team so we'll see where it goes.. part of the reason for lack of retention and others leaving is the attitude on the forums. That needs some serious attention.

Moderation Edition: edited profanity.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Rookie - 5)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #448 dikirim Apr 22 2015, 01:08:59 (terakhir disunting Apr 22 2015, 01:11:13 oleh Stuart Foster) Sebut 
I don't think your experience is a forum-wide issue...i'd say it's a small minority that are like that.

I doubt anyone has told you to sod off but if they did in those exact words then you should report it in my opinion.

Btw, f-bombs arn't allowed on here tho, there's youngsters playing so you might wanna edit that.

Fingers crossed that your experience improves soon, welcome and good luck ;)
Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Pro - 2)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #449 dikirim Apr 22 2015, 01:17:44 Sebut 
Quote ( Lance Snyder @ April 22nd 2015,00:52:39 )

Included in some of the messages are a profile looking like a dumbass

Frankly....

I've always found the whole "you must have this and this and this on your profile" thing utterly stupid.

But then, that isn't surprising :)

Just be happy that idiots such as what you mention didn't actually accept you in their team... you would be worse off if they had.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Elite)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17143
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #450 dikirim Apr 22 2015, 01:48:52 (terakhir disunting Apr 22 2015, 01:51:36 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
There's all kind of people in the site Lance. I've heard many newbies telling they applied to join teams and got some replies that are pretty funny.

Fact is that both the current team members and the new member CHOOSE each other. They both have an idea on what they want from a team mate and when they agree on it, we have a match. Problem is not all teams have the communication skills to both communicate what they can provide and what they expect from the new member, and same for candidates.

Turning down a candidate can be hard from both sides: some candidates and some teams believe they are perfect and there's no way on earth the other side can believe they aren't good enough. Those are extreme cases though; not all teams or candidates are incapable of dealing with a NO reply.

Making clear what we want and what we expect takes lots of practice and improving communication, and not everyone cares about it. I agree with DD, you do not want to team with that sort of people. There's better out there.

Welcome to the community, enjoy the experience (as you can see it's challenging and full of surprises) and I hope you find your match soon. There's a right team for everyone, just keep looking :D
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 14 [1516 ... 63 64 65 » Lompat ke halaman:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini