Pengarang Topik: fuel choice 14 balasan
Paul Dove
(Kumpulan Rookie - 61)

Kiriman: 84
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 18:07:14 Sebut 
Hi im very new to the game, just done practice and Q1 but now with Q2 i need to enter how much fuel i wish to start with. There is no data from the previous sessions in terms of fuel consumption and tyre wear so im unsure what to enter, is it a case of learning this data race after race using temperature data and tyre wear from each track so that eventually i will know what to enter because right now i have no idea how quickly my tyres will wear out and how much fuel i need to cover the first stint.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 5682
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 18:13:04 Sebut 
Take a look at the wiki fuel page: http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Fuel
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 18:13:29 (terakhir disunting Mac 29 2015, 18:15:03 oleh Jukka Sireni) Sebut 
Yes, you just need collect data to learn those. But I would suggest reading rules, faq, newbie guide and wiki. In faq (and wiki I think) it says that you won't likely need more than 280 litres of fuel. With this track being very high fuel consumption, you can assume it to be quite close to that. But the exact consumption depends on numerous things. Depending on your tyre choice you need to divide that to 2-5 stints most likely.
Kshitij Sharma
(Kumpulan Amateur - 11)

Kiriman: 2740
  Negara:
India 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (18)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 19:00:16 Sebut 
Check the pit time and decide with common sense .Think is it better to pit more at this track and be faster check the lap difference in practice .

Also tyre choice affects fuel according to stints .You would use250-280 litre this race according to driver

Best of luck
Mark Witney
(Kumpulan Rookie - 340)

Kiriman: 1873
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 19:02:19 Sebut 
Quote ( Kshitij Sharma @ March 29th 2015,19:00:16 )

Think is it better to pit more at this track and be faster check the lap difference in practice

Really??
Adam Pilo
(Kumpulan Amateur - 92)

Kiriman: 236
  Negara:
Slovakia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (11)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 19:05:04 Sebut 

Also tyre choice affects fuel according to stints .You would use250-280 litre this race according to driver

That should be foby :/
Kevin Parkinson
(Kumpulan Amateur - 120)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 14356
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 19:08:03 Sebut 
Harder tyres wear the longest, so you may wish to use them as you have no guideline to how long any tyre will last (I'm not claiming they are optimum or not). You could do testing to give you some idea, but tyre wear varies due to several factors, and track and temperature are some of them, so take that in to account when estimating for the race.

---

Kshitij, and anyone else, do not post anything in the Newbie forum that isn't accurate. Speculation about pit strategy is opinion, and could well be wrong. It doesn't help and risks misleading new players. Don't do it.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 39)

Kiriman: 5905
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Mac 29 2015, 23:56:42 Sebut 
All newbies! Listen to the people that have been in the game for a good amount of time. Listen to and ask experienced players. Search the forums for information.

Kshitij.. Please, don't give advice. Kevin, said it very well.

In my humble opinion, you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep it to yourself, thank you.

The game is not easy and crap information will just make it harder for new players like Paul.

Kshitij... I would gladly assist you in the game. :)
Andy Guy
(Kumpulan Rookie - 104)

Kiriman: 197
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 00:00:54 Sebut 
Join a team that will assist you!
Paul Dove
(Kumpulan Rookie - 61)

Kiriman: 84
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 13:01:18 Sebut 
Guys thanks so much for the feedback and thanks to the guys who messaged me too. I guess it's down to trial and error for me at first but I've learnt a bit already now thanks.
Freddie Higgs
(Kumpulan Rookie - 47)

Kiriman: 865
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 14:42:01 Sebut 
Paul are you signed up to a mentor?
Sam Norris
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Kiriman: 353
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 15:21:37 Sebut 

Think is it better to pit more at this track and be faster check the lap difference in practice .

To be fair to Kshitij he meant - Think, IS it better to pit more ... ?" but on this its a 25.5 pit at Sakhir which is actually one of the longest. Just like we saw with Vettel going faster on mediums being better than running longer on hards its important to crunch the numbers and find out what strategy will give your driver the best chance

I agree Paul and others newbies should sign up for help with mentors, this OP just shows how confusing the game is at first but you sound like you will do well at this game Paul good luck in your 1st race.
Alexandru Marica
(Kumpulan Rookie - 154)

Kiriman: 5
  Negara:
Romania 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 21:36:52 Sebut 
Dear experienced users, sorry if this questions sounds redundant. I don't feel the need to open a new thread so I'll post on this one: how much impact does the game have at the change of the season?

I mean, in the first season I did all my best to gather some data and not promote - although a bit of luck, a rather poor rookie group and investment could lead me to promotion. Should I reset the knowledge gathered or the data will remain more or less usable in other seasons as well?

Thanks for your time!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 4)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 21:41:48 Sebut 
Quote ( Alexandru Marica @ March 30th 2015,21:36:52 )

Should I reset the knowledge gathered or the data will remain more or less usable in other seasons as well?

All data gathered (ever) is usable and beneficial.

For example with your previous season you have gathered fuel usage and tyre wear data, car parts wear etc. They are all relevant next seasons.

Sure, some conditions might vary a bit, but your data acts as a base. So each season you will get closer and closer to more accurate estimations of what you need.
Fran Betancort
(Kumpulan Pro - 9)

Kiriman: 2945
  Negara:
Sepanyol 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Mac 30 2015, 21:42:13 Sebut 
Quote ( Alexandru Marica @ March 30th 2015,21:36:52 )

Should I reset the knowledge gathered or the data will remain more or less usable in other seasons as well?

Tha data gathered through theseason will be very useful for upcoming ones ;)

Just take careof (maybe) some tyres atributes changes (normally not Pipis), the rest is exactly the same, and anychange is announce, so you can be safe ;)
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini