Daftar masuk untuk mengundi atau melihat keputusan undian
Pengarang Topik: Silverstone Layout 16 balasan
Steven Bodenhoefer
(Kumpulan Rookie - 33)

Kiriman: 308
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Jul 5 2018, 08:31:01 (terakhir disunting Jul 5 2018, 08:32:29 oleh Steven Bodenhoefer) Sebut 
(Yes, I did search this, but the only other thread was six years ago. Time for a modern thread.)

P.S.: I took too long in writing this and it didn't save my third option when I re-logged in, which was, essentially, "have them both". Sorry about the mix-up there.

Just noticed that the current layout starts on the National Pit Straight (into Copse), while the modern F1 layout starts on the International Pit Straight (into Abbey). Old layout also still utilizes Bridge, while there's a few more corners and another straight in the new layout. What would be the feasibility of implementing the new layout and what are your opinions on it? Poll relevant.

Also, keep in mind that Silverstone may not be on the calendar past next year if a new deal isn't reached. If it comes down to it and it isn't renewed (which would be a shame) it would be nice to have both, as a homage to past and present (or nearer past).
Sam Wainwright
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 2843
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (12)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Jul 5 2018, 08:33:12 Sebut 
Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like most players don't feel strongly enough about this type of thing to ask the admins to put time and effort into this rather than into other aspects of game development. I certainly don't.
George Slater4
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Kiriman: 603
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Jul 5 2018, 08:47:27 Sebut 
The layout used in the new race screen should be of the current track (as it is with Mexico and Paul Ricard for example). The 'old' layout is only used in the track statistics and allows for continuity in track-specific characteristics.

I wouldn't mind seeing the classic Silverstone (the pre-1987 layout using just the original airfield taxiways) added to the game though alongside the modern Silverstone, much like we have both the Österreichring and the A1 ring now.
Vin Struder
(Kumpulan Amateur - 71)

Kiriman: 117
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Jul 5 2018, 18:19:56 Sebut 
When watching the race on the "live viewer," I like to recall how the actual race looked on TV, and vice versa. I don't know why, I just do and it adds a nice additional enjoyment level to this game when watching the race.

So, yes I would like the new layout too.
Tom Hewer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Kiriman: 12
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 15:34:56 Sebut 
I know this is an old topic, but I've just noticed the same thing too - surely it's not a big change to update the circuit map on the track information page to match the track layout in the race screen?

Also, if Silverstone's layout was changed in the game (presumably around 2010), just wondering why other circuits haven't been modified as well with more up-to-date layouts? (e.g. Paul Ricard, Estoril, Imola, Singapore). Or are there plans for them to be changed in the near future?
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 4)

Kiriman: 11911
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 16:07:10 Sebut 
@Tom Hewer (A59) It would be unnecessary. (Statistics would upset.) That's good.

There are more important things (in the project). (I believe.)
Tom Hewer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 18:27:41 Sebut 
Fair enough, but if the stats were that important, why was the Silverstone layout changed in the first place? :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 4)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 18:30:52 Sebut 
Has it changed on GPRO? When?
Kyle Morris
(Kumpulan Pro - 14)

Kiriman: 6688
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 18:43:10 Sebut 
Paul Ricard actually changed recently to better reflect the circuit, as the lap times are based in the shorter circuit
On the actual live race track the track is what it is in real life
Ultimately though, it would alter the amount of laps for the race, so Silverstone would drop 8 laps,imola might gain a lap I dont know, Paul Ricard yeah
Ultimately for the sake of it being just an aesthetic it doesnt warrant such a change when there is much more better things to change
Phil Maunder
(Kumpulan Retired)

Kiriman: 10003
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 18:54:46 Sebut 
Silverstone should always be kept up-to-date because it's the best and most important circuit in the world.

All the other circuits we can just leave to fester...
Niels Van Heijster
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 1407
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 19:03:07 Sebut 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ July 23rd 2020,18:54:46 )

Silverstone should always be kept up-to-date because it's the best and most important circuit in the world. All the other circuits we can just leave to fester...

That's very much POV related, many will have a different opinion ... Besides as stated, what would it actually add to the overall GPRO game play?
Jon Day
(Kumpulan Rookie - 115)

Kiriman: 10019
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 20:18:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ July 23rd 2020,19:03:07 )

That's very much POV related, many will have a different opinion .
Yes, I'm guessing many people will have a different sense of humour as well.
Tom Hewer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 22:29:20 Sebut 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ July 23rd 2020,18:30:52 )

Has it changed on GPRO? When?

It must have changed since the game was launched as the new layout was only built in 2010.
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 4)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Jul 23 2020, 22:56:33 Sebut 
There were always 60 laps on the GPRO. 5.138 km/lap.

Tom Hewer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 59)

Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Jul 24 2020, 10:07:26 Sebut 
Yeah that's the length of the previous track layout (last used in 2009). They must have changed the layout in GPRO but kept the length and laps the same, circuit is now 5.891 km and the British GP is 52 laps
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 4)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Jul 24 2020, 10:10:45 Sebut 
Quote ( Tom Hewer @ July 24th 2020,10:07:26 )

Yeah that's the length of the previous track layout (last used in 2009). They must have changed the layout in GPRO but kept the length and laps the same, circuit is now 5.891 km and the British GP is 52 laps
Tx. Yes.
Wilian Souza
(Kumpulan Amateur - 18)

Kiriman: 767
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Jul 24 2020, 17:42:03 Sebut 
It could be correct to use the old Silverstone layout, because the track was on GPRO before the new track was released and the current lap times are still being compared to the old ones.
Halaman [1

Balas topik ini