Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Malicious Advert.. Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Malicious Advert.. 10 balasan
Gavin Mackenzie
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Kiriman: 117
  Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 00:32:35 (terakhir disunting Dis 1 2018, 00:40:14 oleh Florencia Caro) Sebut 
I was in team forum trying to type something and the browser changed to one of those survey pages with popup..

*Malicious link Mod Edited out*

be careful if your gpro page gets redirected, close it and start again.
Florencia Caro
(Kumpulan Pro - 7)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 17129
  Negara:
Argentina 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 00:45:04 Sebut 
Sounds like some sort of malware, Gavin. I suggest you to check last installed apps, as I doubt Google Adsense is so careless to let such Ad slip.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 00:47:53 Sebut 
Download malwarebytes and/or spybot Gavin.....two good free products for quarantining nasties.
Gavin Mackenzie
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 00:53:30 (terakhir disunting Dis 1 2018, 00:57:52 oleh Gavin Mackenzie) Sebut 
sadly no, I'm an IT guy, not malware.

https://i.imgur.com/2J5ef7u.jpg

just wish to warn anyone, if it happens to you, close it, don't click etc!

also not saying its gpro's fault, clearly something google missed.
Stuart Foster
(Kumpulan Pro - 3)

Kiriman: 12459
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 02:06:05 Sebut 
http://www.myantispyware.com/2018/02/06/how-to-remove-2018-a...

The ‘ad supported’ software can end up on your personal computer in various ways. Most commonly is when you download and install freeware and forget to uncheck the box for the third-party software installation.

Vladimir Alexandrov
(Pentadbir)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 8564
  Negara:
Bulgaria 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 09:22:32 Sebut 
There are no such malicious ads on GPRO, your computer is infected with something. It can happen even to the IT guys :)
Lyee Chong
(Kumpulan Amateur - 61)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 1307
  Negara:
Malaysia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 11:16:05 Sebut 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ December 1st 2018,00:45:04 )

Ad slip

Yes, ads like this can be quite annoying most of the time, and they just bumped the team recruitment forum not long ago.

Wait, are we not talking about the Jags? Opps sorry.

:))
Gavin Mackenzie
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 14:45:46 Sebut 
https://i.imgur.com/ZDNgjnv.jpg

Dont assume "the IT guy" is wrong and "google is great", again not pointing any fingers at gpro, it can't be helped and google has done a lot to remove bad adverts from its system but better to raise some awareness than let people get duped by things like this.

https://www.cnet.com/news/google-removes-billions-of-bad-ads...

GPRO is the only site I have ABP disabled on and while im not a supporter right now I will continue to allow ads to support the game.
Christian Anello
(Kumpulan Rookie - 16)

Kiriman: 61
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 14:51:05 (terakhir disunting Dis 1 2018, 14:51:28 oleh Christian Anello) Sebut 
I suppose it's not GPRO's fault but the ad provider's. Sometimes ads manage to find an exploit or they just blatantly violate the ad publisher policy.

Such things sadly happen frequently and the only way to fix the issue is to report the malicious ad to the advertisement provider.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Pro - 21)

Kiriman: 3107
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 14:53:50 (terakhir disunting Dis 1 2018, 14:54:40 oleh Miel Soeterbroek) Sebut 
Gavin, similarly to malicious ads slipping through the net at the bigger ad providers (i concur btw, it does happen), malware may slip through even the most seasoned IT guru's hard/software setups.

No one assumed the IT guy is wrong: heck the first to mention those two words was you, funnily enough in a claim that you were right.

From one geeky bastard to another: not the best conversation starter i'd say.
Gavin Mackenzie
(Kumpulan Amateur - 81)

Negara:
Scotland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Dis 1 2018, 15:04:10 Sebut 
you lost me there Miel, everyone just very quick to say you are wrong and you have a virus/malware and its not the ad company.

Vlad is right that it can happen even to the IT guys but I would say that we are more likely to know when it has happened... usually because we were messing around and doing something we shouldn't ;p
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Bug forum > Malicious Advert.. Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini