Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Change Tyres possibility Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Change Tyres possibility 14 balasan
Marco Verati
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Kiriman: 51
  Negara:
Perancis 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (10)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 17:57:20 Sebut 
problem : from few season in some Pro group i have seen some players who choose Michelini to finish in the top 3, but they have not the money to do it. They take money, motivation, sponsors... to erverybody in the group, and for no profit because they are relegated for bankruptcy. We have to remember it's a management game, bankruptcy should not be a choice.

solution : change the possibility of tyres in groups, we may conserve a choice but a reasonable one

Rookie : Pipirelli
Amateur : Pipirelli + Avonn
Pro : Pipirelli + Avonn + Yokomama + Continental + Dunnolop + BadYear
Master : All except Bridgerock
Elite : All

the amateur's Avonn will give more possibility in amateur, and less money to this level which is a good thing because it's too easy.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Kumpulan Pro - 18)

Kiriman: 3021
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 18:02:28 (terakhir disunting Feb 17 2019, 18:05:15 oleh Jasper Coosemans) Sebut 
I don't think tyre choices should be restricted by tier. At the end of the day the choice you make is a trade-off of cost vs. benefit (and it can be a pretty complicated trade-off if you try to estimate where your pace is with respect to the rest of your group, how much sponsor progress you can get by picking better tyres etc.). This is in my opinion one of the best management aspects in the game.

Where I do agree is that bankruptcy should not be a regular thing to do. But I would suggest different ways to do something about that, such as taking away team points from managers who finish the season with a negative balance (edit: not originally my idea, I think I read it somewhere else a few months ago).
Ken Neihart
(Kumpulan Pro - 22)

Kiriman: 1629
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 18:44:49 Sebut 
This has been discussed before and if memory serves me right it was just last season.

I disagree in limiting peoples decisions, everyone should be free to hang themselves if that's what they choose.
George Slater4
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 603
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 20:18:17 Sebut 
Quote ( Marco Verati @ February 17th 2019,17:57:20 )

problem : from few season in some Pro group i have seen some players who choose Michelini to finish in the top 3, but they have not the money to do it. They take money, motivation, sponsors... to erverybody in the group, and for no profit because they are relegated for bankruptcy. We have to remember it's a management game, bankruptcy should not be a choice.

I could also go to pro, buy a bunch of new parts every race unnecessarily so that my car can better match the track, do well and get a bunch of sponsors and race income from the rest of the group, but go bankrupt and relegate at the end of the season.

How is that any different?
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 927
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 20:35:02 Sebut 
Quote ( Marco Verati @ February 17th 2019,17:57:20 )

They take money, motivation, sponsors... to erverybody in the group, and for no profit because they are relegated for bankruptcy. We have to remember it's a management game, bankruptcy should not be a choice.

So if they go to a lower tier in good / decent shape, that would be bad management?
If it was for short term planning I might agree, but those who do so - on purpose - usually do something long term and has a completely valid purpose. I would say knowing when & how to fall back to build/rebuild is part of this (management) game...
Stefan Olofsson
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 271
  Negara:
Sweden 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 20:53:35 Sebut 
Quote ( George Slater @ February 17th 2019,20:18:17 )

Good call! So as already done with facilities and staff skills we need to limit the car part levels, the max salary of drivers and TDs by group also.
Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Master - 1)

Kiriman: 927
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Feb 17 2019, 21:05:02 Sebut 
Quote ( Stefan Olofsson @ February 17th 2019,20:53:35 )

Good call! So as already done with facilities and staff skills we need to limit the car part levels, the max salary of drivers and TDs by group also.

Well a driver salary / fee restriction - but no limitation on bonus - would certainly help NOT to f*ck up the best drivers sometimes ;) Other than that BS ;) but get what you mean.
Marco Verati
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Negara:
Perancis 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (1)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Feb 18 2019, 20:57:05 Sebut 
Quote ( Stefan Olofsson @ February 17th 2019,20:53:35 )

Quote ( George Slater @ February 17th 2019,20:18:17 )

You are right i've just seen a 3 millions salary driver in amateur (27 offers !) for a 27 M$ budget...

Maybe it should be better to be excluded after 2 GP in bankrupcy or something like that ;)
Thijs Rieken
(Kumpulan Amateur - 37)

Kiriman: 1042
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Feb 18 2019, 21:49:18 Sebut 
Bankruptcy should mean bankruptcy. Start over in Rookie. But, ending a season in the negative is not bankruptcy, it's debt. And debt is a very common thing in the real world.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Feb 18 2019, 22:12:24 (terakhir disunting Feb 18 2019, 22:15:51 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ February 18th 2019,21:49:18 )

But, ending a season in the negative is not bankruptcy, it's debt. And debt is a very common thing in the real world.

Many businesses in real world operate with debt, (it's a tax thing in many cases)

And as example of "ending season in the negative", real world F1 team Ferrari is notorious for paying bills years late. 2-3 Years late.

F1 team Williams is known for being the most diligent, paying bills "only" 10 Months late

So in addition of operating with loans, some businesses are also neglectful of due dates of bills

OTOH, companies like Brembo can expect payments from them, it's just that the "payment flow" drags (years) behind at consistent pace.
Kevin Fortin
(Kumpulan Amateur - 77)

Kiriman: 193
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Feb 19 2019, 04:11:33 Sebut 
Mikko, I don't know why you are quoting Thijs, i believe you and Thijs are saying the same thing.
Was this your intention, to reinforce his point?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Kumpulan Pro - 1)

Kiriman: 2727
  Negara:
Mexico 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Feb 19 2019, 05:14:10 Sebut 
Voted using the thumbs

I agree there should be no limit, very common in AMA is the OBR AMA driver with a pure (no CCP) lvl 8-9 car who takes away pole positions and fastest laps from other managers.

Is the strategy fair and legal, yes it is,
Is it a good strategy? works for him so it is at least for him.
Is it good for long term plannning: Definitely not.

The same with tyres

So it is good as it stands
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Feb 19 2019, 09:04:06 Sebut 
Quote ( Kevin Fortin @ February 19th 2019,04:11:33 )

Mikko, I don't know why you are quoting Thijs, i believe you and Thijs are saying the same thing.
Was this your intention, to reinforce his point?

I wouldn't say reinforce, more like expand/elaborate with real life parable/example as one might do in a discussion.
Marco Verati
(Kumpulan Pro - 24)

Negara:
Perancis 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Feb 21 2019, 03:46:28 Sebut 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ February 19th 2019,05:14:10 )

Voted using the thumbs

I agree there should be no limit, very common in AMA is the OBR AMA driver with a pure (no CCP) lvl 8-9 car who takes away pole positions and fastest laps from other managers.

Is the strategy fair and legal, yes it is,
Is it a good strategy? works for him so it is at least for him.
Is it good for long term plannning: Definitely not.

The same with tyres

So it is good as it stands

It's legal but absolutly not fair

Like creatine in rugby, legal, but not fair (it's a legal doping), and it killed Jona Lomu...

Something fair doesn't avoid any chance to win to the opponent !
Kasper Meng
(Kumpulan Amateur - 56)

Kiriman: 208
  Negara:
Denmark 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Feb 21 2019, 07:03:54 Sebut 
Creatine is not doping :D
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Change Tyres possibility Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini