Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Starting Fuel For Rookies Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Starting Fuel For Rookies 7 balasan
Matt Miles
(Kumpulan Rookie - 84)

Kiriman: 3
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 18:17:13 Sebut 
So when I’m done qualifying for my race and get ready to setup the race strat, it tells me I have to start with 30 fuel. Okay, that’s simple. After the first few races went by, I notice my driver pits VERY wary (like lap 7-8) and other drivers can do a 1 pit race or won’t pit until lap 15-18. I’m just confused on how they can save 30 fuel for 15 laps when I can only go 7. Pitting early ruins my race strat and I’m not sure what I’m missing or doing wrong. Any help appreciated
David Jones-Winkley
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 3802
  Negara:
Wales 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (2)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 18:19:31 (terakhir disunting Mei 4 2019, 18:19:46 oleh David Jones-Winkley) Sebut 
The fuel you use for qualify 2 is what you start the race with
Robert Lee
(Kumpulan Amateur - 32)

Kiriman: 273
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 18:20:18 Sebut 
fuel usage is different at every track, 30 is quite low fuel and everyone starts on different fuel
Darren Brown
(Kumpulan Amateur - 72)

Kiriman: 257
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 18:20:18 Sebut 
You will find the below answer within the FAQ’s section of the help tab, along with more info regarding game play 👍

Qualifying 1

Q: What tyres compound should I use in Qualifying?

A: The tyres you select to use in qualifying are the tyres you will use in the race. You should select the tyres you think will give you the best strategy, Tyres wear in the race, when they are worn you will slow down. Select your tyres wisely.

Q: If I select rain tyres am I stuck with them?

A: No, if you select rain tyres you will also be asked to select a dry tyre compound for use in the race, in case it has dry periods.

Q: How long will the tyres last?

A: You can get a good idea of how long tyres last from Testing. Tyre wear is dependent on the track you are racing at and the temperature, other things also affect tyre wear, but you can find this out for yourself. It is important to note how long the tyres last so you can use the data in the future.

Qualifying 2

Q: How much fuel do I need?

A: The fuel you enter for Qualify 2 is the fuel load you will start the race with for the first stint, and that would depend on your strategy. This is one area of the game that you need to experiment with, you will never retire from the race for running out of fuel, whenever your fuel is low the driver will automatically pit. So put in a lot of fuel and see how much you actually used after the race in the "Race analysis" screen. Then you will get a good idea about how much fuel you need. As a base guideline it is unlikely that any standard 300km long race should exceed 280L of fuel.
Felipe Mafra
(Kumpulan Rookie - 8)

Kiriman: 2
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 18:20:48 Sebut 
The fuel you use on Qualify 2 is what you will start the race with. It's the "first stint fuel" field. Plan your race strategy ahead of qualify 2 and use the amount of fuel you need for the first stint of the race.
Marco Ferraz
(Kumpulan Amateur - 71)

Kiriman: 658
  Negara:
Belgium 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 19:23:03 Sebut 
In case you need some more help, you can also follow the tutorial here: /Help.asp

It helps a lot to understand how the system works. It doesn't, of course, give you what you're searching for, like how much fuel exactly you need, but with a few more races and some basic calculations, you'll find how much fuel you exactly need.

And don't worry if it takes time to get what you need, you're still in Rookie, you have plenty of time to learn without too much penalties, likely none as well :p
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Mei 4 2019, 19:34:12 (terakhir disunting Mei 4 2019, 19:35:35 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Matt Miles @ May 4th 2019,18:17:13 )

I’m just confused on how they can save fuel

they don't

Quote ( Matt Miles @ May 4th 2019,18:17:13 )

and other drivers can do a 1 pit race or won’t pit until lap

They are having WAY more fuel to start with than you had (something like 2-3 times more) <<- not too precise figures

also remember: Q2 fuel = start fuel, that's where you decide if you take more or less
Guilherme Franco
(Kumpulan Amateur - 13)

Kiriman: 443
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Mei 5 2019, 01:04:19 Sebut 
You dont have to start with 30l, its just a proposal, but not a fixed value, at least I can fill it with another value.

And u already figured out the maths here, pitting in lap 7/8 having 30l, so how much fuel i need to have to pit lap 18/19?

They already say it, but the starting fuel is what mainly (with tires wear) determines your strategy, so u have to think how many pits u want to do in a determined race, then u use fuel that can do this amout of laps u calculate.

PS: fuel values vary from tracks to tracks, and from cars to cars (higher part lvls of some parts can do the same distance with less fuel).
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Starting Fuel For Rookies Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini