Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Sponsorships are broken Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda
Halaman [1
Pengarang Topik: Sponsorships are broken 19 balasan
Fred Lassen
(Kumpulan Amateur - 21)

Kiriman: 8
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #1 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 04:18:13 Sebut 
Hungaroring result- Win and Fastest lap
Sponsor reaction- Nothing, No change in satisfaction for both sponsors.

Jyllands result- 18th and Fastest Lap
Sponsor reaction- One sponsor quit and the other had no change in satisfaction.

IRL Sponsors want exposure for their names on the cars and drivers. If Winning and Fastest laps don't count in this game it sure is a suck thing to FOBY.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Pro - 13)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #2 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 04:45:55 (terakhir disunting Ogo 7 2020, 04:48:00 oleh Mikko Heikkinen) Sebut 
Quote ( Fred Lassen @ August 7th 2020,04:18:13 )

IRL Sponsors want exposure for their names on the cars and drivers.

Really... and you're absolutely sure that all sponsors want the exact same thing and there are no differences between them

If Winning and Fastest laps don't count in this game it sure is a suck thing to FOBY.

Who says it doesn't count... Maybe just don't expect sponsors to be super happy about a fluke result ?

Surely you don't think that every single sponsor should be happy to 40th position in 16 races of the season if a single race has some level of performance ?

That's not really how real life sponsors work either. Sponsors may have varying "goals" which they want to happen.

Maybe you just have some things to learn... the sponsorship can be one of the "final frontiers" which has more aspects to learn than the rest of gpro. (this is a good thing)

Btw as you were referring to real life, Here's an example: 2018 Valtteri Bottas finished 5th in the season standings (so he had quite many successful races) and still lost his sponsor
Graham Mercer
(Kumpulan Amateur - 2)

Kiriman: 2009
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #3 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 05:06:43 Sebut 

IRL Sponsors want exposure.....

Gpro is not real life.
The answers that you provide to sponsor questions, and the characteristics of the sponsor that you have chosen to negotiate with are critical to the signing and retention.
Just because you (and your team?) do not understand the process does not mean that the process is broken.

Jay De Snoo
(Kumpulan Pro - 11)

Kiriman: 928
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #4 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 09:14:56 Sebut 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ August 7th 2020,05:06:43 )

does not mean that the process is broken

Maybe not broken, but if anything desperately needs a change... ;)
Jody Parker
(Kumpulan Amateur - 69)

Kiriman: 767
  Negara:
England 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (7)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #5 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 12:15:11 Sebut 
Well, if a fluke good result ,shouldn't necessarily affect a sponsors happiness then a fluke bad result shouldn't either.
But a random crash and DNF very much affects sponsors, so they do look at single race performances.
I think the system IS broken, not so much with satisfaction though that could use some tweaking too
(after all if a sponsor signs with a 30th place car they can't realistically suddenly expect top5 position results and be unhappy and lower their satisfaction with top20 results, but they seem to do just that)
but more on the whole negotiation system.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Kiriman: 5907
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #6 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 16:30:15 Sebut 
I experienced the same thing this season, as Jody has described. Negotiations slowed and little progress on any of the contract talks. I questioned, why? would good race results provide negative progress in 3/5 negotiations?

I don't know if the negotiations system is broken. I do know, that it is HARD to complete negotiations and keep sponsors happy. The only option is to work harder at being what the sponsor wants. Provided that, you have chosen sponsor's that you can please during the season. That is totally in the, manager's hands.

Klāvs Pocius
(Kumpulan Amateur - 45)

Kiriman: 4
  Negara:
Latvia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (2)
Kiriman lama #7 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 16:52:07 (terakhir disunting Ogo 7 2020, 16:57:54 oleh Klāvs Pocius) Sebut 
Maybe you lost sponsor because you said him your driver is quite popular with fans, but after 3-4 races sponsor saw that your driver is not answering his fans on twitter
Miel Soeterbroek
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 3107
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (3)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #8 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 16:57:35 Sebut 
Sponsors don't have all those fancy attributes just to all act the same....
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #9 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 22:28:17 Sebut 
Two of the sponsors are in pharmaceuticals. Maybe that's the problem? Too much tasting ;)
Erik Harken
(Kumpulan Pro - 13)

Kiriman: 441
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (3)
Kiriman lama #10 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 23:42:23 Sebut 
Not all sponsors are the same but generally speaking..

One good result tends to have less of an impact than one bad result.

imo a few helpful solutions for sponsors would be

-option to cancel sponsor contract
-additional negotiation priority called "freeze negotiation" where progress goes down to 0% per race
-'expectations' value should be a minimum value, i.e. any performance ABOVE that threshold should be acceptable enough to maintain or gain satisfaction
(in the past I have seen sponsor cancel seemingly bc results were too good)

Nilton Garcez Filho
(Kumpulan Amateur - 26)

Kiriman: 22
  Negara:
Brazil 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (5)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #11 dikirim Ogo 7 2020, 23:47:52 Sebut 
When I saw the title of this topic, I thought the companies were broken and not paying the deals anymore lol.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #12 dikirim Ogo 8 2020, 16:06:19 Sebut 
That's in real life ;)
Tom Smith
(Kumpulan Amateur - 10)

Kiriman: 39
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #13 dikirim Ogo 9 2020, 10:19:01 Sebut 
In my group currently, there are very few available sidepod sponsors with any patience. Which means that a few people are negotiating with them in the high 80s+. Or even hogging them on 100%.

I actually feel like sitting on 100% isn't a very good look. Perhaps these sponsors should cancel at the end of the season/start of the next season if they're not put on the car?

But because of how difficult it can be to keep sponsors, patience under 3 seems to be an absolute killer. I have a 3 patience sponsor who lost a bar of happiness after I finished 7th. Luckily I then won, so it went back to 6, but next season I imagine this sponsor will leave me, meaning I'm going to be trying to survive in pro without $1m in sponsorship I had counted on.

It does feel like it's a little bit too harsh to me. Not much, I don't think it's completely broken, but it could do with a little tweak. Mainly around hogging sponsors on 100% and a little tweak to how much time negotiations take + how much happiness they lose.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #14 dikirim Ogo 9 2020, 16:08:42 (terakhir disunting Ogo 9 2020, 16:09:06 oleh Roy Mitchell) Sebut 
That's every manager's prayer, mate. With 3 sister teams you should be able to find out the how? (to negotiate) and the why? to your situation. Good luck...
Tom Smith
(Kumpulan Amateur - 10)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #15 dikirim Ogo 9 2020, 23:57:11 Sebut 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 9th 2020,16:08:42 )

That's every manager's prayer, mate. With 3 sister teams you should be able to find out the how? (to negotiate) and the why? to your situation. Good luck...

Thanks, it is what it is. But I do feel it could be a bit better. For everyone! I know the how and why, but I think we're all aware there are always ways to improve what is a very good game.

And sponsors, to me, seems to be one of those.

Not everyone can get lucky and stumble into a really good team like I did.
Matthew Dunn
(Kumpulan Pro - 21)

Kiriman: 74
  Negara:
Perancis 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #16 dikirim Ogo 10 2020, 10:24:24 Sebut 
Quote ( Tom Smith @ August 9th 2020,10:19:01 )

In my group currently, there are very few available sidepod sponsors with any patience. Which means that a few people are negotiating with them in the high 80s+. Or even hogging them on 100%.

I actually feel like sitting on 100% isn't a very good look. Perhaps these sponsors should cancel at the end of the season/start of the next season if they're not put on the car?

But because of how difficult it can be to keep sponsors, patience under 3 seems to be an absolute killer. I have a 3 patience sponsor who lost a bar of happiness after I finished 7th. Luckily I then won, so it went back to 6, but next season I imagine this sponsor will leave me, meaning I'm going to be trying to survive in pro without $1m in sponsorship I had counted on.

It does feel like it's a little bit too harsh to me. Not much, I don't think it's completely broken, but it could do with a little tweak. Mainly around hogging sponsors on 100% and a little tweak to how much time negotiations take + how much happiness they lose.

I have a sponsor at 100% and will keep them at 100% for 2 seasons, not because I want to, but because my free sponsor at the start of the season was put in the spot this sponsor was for when they were at 98%. So i don't mind saying you can't keep 100% for too long, but it would need to be possible to choose the car part for free promotion sponsors to make up for it
Kuba Szajbel
(Kumpulan Elite)

Kiriman: 4231
  Negara:
Poland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #17 dikirim Ogo 10 2020, 11:11:51 Sebut 
Sponsors are okay, what's really broken is when some douchebags think it's a great idea to attack the ones you feel attached to already! Like... seriously what the hell? I would never do such despicable thing.
Tom Smith
(Kumpulan Amateur - 10)

Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #18 dikirim Ogo 10 2020, 16:14:22 Sebut 
Quote ( Matthew Dunn @ August 10th 2020,10:24:24 )

Quote ( Tom Smith @ August 9th 2020,10:19:01 )

I have a sponsor at 100% and will keep them at 100% for 2 seasons, not because I want to, but because my free sponsor at the start of the season was put in the spot this sponsor was for when they were at 98%. So i don't mind saying you can't keep 100% for too long, but it would need to be possible to choose the car part for free promotion sponsors to make up for it

Don't they just go on the highest available slot?
Béla Ormos
(Kumpulan Amateur - 30)

Kiriman: 717
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #19 dikirim Ogo 11 2020, 15:16:55 Sebut 
Quote ( Matthew Dunn @ August 10th 2020,10:24:24 )

I have a sponsor at 100% and will keep them at 100% for 2 seasons, not because I want to, but because my free sponsor at the start of the season was put in the spot this sponsor was for when they were at 98%.

Unless someone feels crazy and steal it from you. :) I tried once, and almost succeeded. But yes, I understand the situation. And also, can't you just refuse the "surprise" sponsor?

Quote ( Erik Harken @ August 7th 2020,23:42:23 )

-'expectations' value should be a minimum value, i.e. any performance ABOVE that threshold should be acceptable enough to maintain or gain satisfaction

That would make almost impossible to get sponsor if you are not in top 10.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #20 dikirim Ogo 11 2020, 18:03:57 Sebut 
If I recall correctly, promo sponsors come with a designated slot on the car. They don't automatically occupy that place on the car, the manager has to accept the contract with them.

It's unfortunate, if you accept the promo sponsor but later have to sit on completed negotiations for that spot. If you completed those negotiations with out competition, then they should still be available after the spot comes open.
Halaman [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Sponsorships are broken Tambah topik ini kepada senarai abai anda Tambah topik ini kepada senarai pemerhatian anda

Balas topik ini