Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Lompat ke halaman:
Pengarang Topik: I wanna play a game 249 balasan
Niels Van Heijster
(Kumpulan Pro - 12)

Kiriman: 1405
  Negara:
Belanda 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (0)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #241 dikirim Okt 16 2020, 21:55:22 Sebut 
Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ October 16th 2020,19:59:02 )

Why not a total reset on everything we know the calculations don't have to make any sense to the real world as this is a game not f1

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ October 16th 2020,20:29:18 )

I've been thinking about GPRO v2 (or a totally different name game), which is basically a copy of the GPRO infrastructure with up to date points system, qualifying system, maybe some different formulas behind the scene etc. But it would divert the most valuable GPRO resource (my time) to a side project which in the end may turn out to be bad for both projects.

Quote ( Jukka Sireni @ October 16th 2020,20:26:36 )

I sort of would like to have GPRO v2. But I doubt it's a popular opinion.

If you can smoothed the transition, and improved gameplay (maybe gradually/instant), it could be one project! In the end there is the database, the formula center, and then the UI shell to have us interact with the site. But I see you guys seem to have joined up again :)

Just amaze us, and we'll be there :)
Torge Thorsson
(Kumpulan Rookie - 51)

Kiriman: 12
  Negara:
Jerman 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #242 dikirim Okt 16 2020, 22:21:57 Sebut 

Quote ( David Jones-Winkley @ October 16th 2020,19:59:02 )

Why not a total reset on everything we know the calculations don't have to make any sense to the real world as this is a game not f1

I've been thinking about GPRO v2 (or a totally different name game), which is basically a copy of the GPRO infrastructure with up to date points system, qualifying system, maybe some different formulas behind the scene etc. But it would divert the most valuable GPRO resource (my time) to a side project which in the end may turn out to be bad for both projects.

please do not. One thing is to have new statistics start from zero point. other thing is to change the whole game with new formulas. with my experience of other online games, it will destroy yourselves. player's like us,who are loveing this game so much, we are really addicted for stats.
keep them actuallly. go the two way line with old stats, means since game goes online and start a new one, for example since season 70 or 75, that every new player can find his personal stats
and can compare it with his actually components.
its only my fifty cents, but with the experience of 27 years of online gaming in www.
btw its hardly to find this game in the i-net. I guess, i am looking since ten or twelve years for such a game. i dit not see any ads for it, since 12 years. Now i am a lucky guy :-)
and i will keep upgoing my way to master/elite. promised ! :-)
Tibor Szuromi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 4)

Kiriman: 11898
  Negara:
Hungary 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (1)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #243 dikirim Okt 18 2020, 17:34:24 Sebut 
I like this game, so I promote it (too).
In my own way, I also see basic flaws (for example: unannounced changes to some car settings on the tracks, rubber defects (random of this kind), failure to smoke / defect worn parts, etc ...). I don’t understand why these can’t be handled properly (would that be a big change in the game’s engine?).
I think you should think that meaningful suggestions (there are countless in the forums) should be incorporated now. Why is it not possible?
Let’s notice (let’s do a questionnaire) why many people leave the game! (Or is this just my attention among my teammates?)

(Sorry: my English is not perfect.)

Mikko Heikkinen
(Kumpulan Master - 3)

Kiriman: 12503
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #244 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 01:45:29 Sebut 

in the end may turn out to be bad for both projects.

That's the way it usually goes

Daniel Douglas
(Kumpulan Pro - 23)

Kiriman: 3806
  Negara:
Amerika Syarikat 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (6)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #245 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 01:54:48 (terakhir disunting Okt 19 2020, 02:00:19 oleh Daniel Douglas) Sebut 

But it would divert the most valuable GPRO resource (my time) to a side project which in the end may turn out to be bad for both projects.

The question that has to be asked here is would such a similar game bring in new people that the current one would not?

I think it would not. Instead you would end up with most all of the new people joining v2 ... older players would stay on the first one (or play both) ... and you would end up splitting your player base across two games.

Seen this happen in a lot of games and it usually is the beginning of the end for them. As the player base gets split, a lot of the older player base loses interest and there isn't any kind of increase of new sign ups.

So in the end you end up with fewer players, but those players simply playing two separate games ... and resources being split across two games, which reduces fresh items being introduced ... hastening the "boredom" factor that people experience with the games.

IMO if such a thing were to happen (v2) the better option would be to simply implement those changes directly into the main game. This is a dangerous move (less dangerous than running two games) as some of the people who have lost interest in the game (but are still playing) are unlikely to continue to hold on. Result is a change for changes sake ... those that really like this type of game and continue to be interested are interested even more ... but those that are only half interest quit because they don't want to start over .... and new sign ups still are not affected.

TLDR: thats a lot of work for a net loss.

NOW one thing that could possibly do well is a V2 that is focused on "nascar" type schedules .... ie ovals and short tracks with only one or two road coarses. For this you could use the same (or possibly a slightly tweaked) game engine and result in two games pulling two different player bases ... creating possibility of player cross over ... larger exposure ... with little required time investment.

Maybe not even a seperat game but a seperate ladder / manager office etc... some possibilities there.
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Retired)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (8)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #246 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 12:02:39 Sebut 
The reason why I have sometimes been dreaming about GPRO v2, probably as a successor rather than alongside is that there are areas which I think could be better (both for newcomer and for veterans), but are difficult to change "on the fly".

Drivers are a good example. I think they could be tweaked so that Rookie (and Ama) would depend more on other things than the driver. Or at least more on other things than driver's pace. It would actually be interesting to study if the lucky ones who are given a decent driver stay longer than those who get a slow driver. For veterans, currently, if given a choice of two drivers with same salary, it's practically always worth picking the faster (or potentially faster if going for long term driver). I know it's tricky, but I'm dreaming of drivers with different abilities that could all be worth considering. But a total revamp of driver skill effects, maybe even adding a skill or two or changing the OA calculation would be very tricky to do well into an existing game.
Luke Frost
(Kumpulan Amateur - 88)

Kiriman: 11111
  Negara:
Australia 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (4)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #247 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 12:09:13 (terakhir disunting Okt 19 2020, 12:09:53 oleh Luke Frost) Sebut 
I disagree pretty strongly on this one Jukka+Vlad.

As there's no app, and most of the world now going online with mobile, it makes any management game with an app have a bit more turnover than GPRO. Those who do find it on Google for example will naturally find it difficult to continue as its not really a 1-tab game you need to do some maths all the time.

Having an app would be great. If it included a spreadsheet style overlay so the players can work things out, too, would help with retaining new players.

Making it more complicated in a v2 version which may or may not include an app will just split your current user base.
Matteo Ravasi
(Kumpulan Amateur - 56)

Kiriman: 18
  Negara:
Itali 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #248 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 12:19:46 Sebut 
hi if i may say, app games are mostly candy crash style, let's say platform games, think i have installed bluestacks (android emulator) to not use the phone ...

anyway, I hope it will not remain a dream, all the changes indicated in the administrator's post go in the right direction, that is to collect the various reports made by different users in different periods.
Jukka Sireni2
(Kumpulan Retired)

Krew GPRO
Kiriman: 3870
  Negara:
Finland 
Persijilan: 
Suka kiriman ini (9)   Tidak suka kiriman ini (0)
Kiriman lama #249 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 12:47:35 Sebut 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ October 19th 2020,12:09:13 )

Having an app would be great. If it included a spreadsheet style overlay so the players can work things out, too, would help with retaining new players.

I agree with an app. Having a full feature spreadsheet inside that would probably be tricky, though.

I also dreamt about having GO like features in GPRO (website or app). With current database structure that wasn't really possible (getting the needed from the massive lap by lap data was too heavy/slow for users to use), but maybe something could be done for that. So you could for example look data from one track, or one type of track in one table, sort or filter it, or copy it to excel for further analysis. But like said, I don't know if that is possible.

I have also thought about FOBY. Making things more complicated would allow giving out more basic information or a rough calculator for casual players, while still leaving things to FOBY for those who want to do it. Then the game might be more accessible (without resorting to googling), while still challenging also in FOBY area.
Roy Mitchell
(Kumpulan Amateur - 67)

Kiriman: 5905
  Negara:
Kanada 
Persijilan: 
Kiriman lama #250 dikirim Okt 19 2020, 15:40:13 Sebut 
Welcome back Jukka. :)
Halaman « 1 2 3 ... 7 8 [9 Lompat ke halaman:

Balas topik ini