Auteur Onderwerp: Rules clarification 178 antwoorden
PJ Bowler
(Groep Rookie - 304)

Land:
Nieuw Zeeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #91 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 12:40:11 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 7th 2012,12:32:49 )

To believe that most Newbies are reading the detail of the rules ahead of taking visual references is naive;

agreed, but when they see they have been wronged, you are now saying they should just suck it up..... ironic.....

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 7th 2012,12:32:49 )

anyone that has in any way seen a league structure of any sort would be able to understand the significance of a colour-coded system.

well i guess not everyone should consider themselves as intelligent as a newly appointed upstart mod..... i don't care if i get banned..... you have to much input for a mod.....
Tim Sewell
(Groep Pro - 9)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (8)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #92 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 12:42:52 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 12:45:59 door Tim Sewell) Quote 
It also has to be said that if a newbie were to read the rules , wiki etc and then find that they are not current in every detail, it could cause doubt about other items mentioned in them.
Dair Lago
(Groep Amateur - 22)

Land:
Slovenië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #93 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 12:50:40 Quote 
Example.

New player asks: "There's something funny with season standings graphics and I need to know something. So, if I'm 4th and positive I'll promote?"
"Standard" answer: " Read the rules, wiki..."
New player: "I did. I did found this >>Note that in case when the groups structure of the game is under ongoing expansion, a different number of managers may be promoted in the different classes of the game.<< but didn't find any info in rules about group restructuring."

In this example new player did read rules when he joined, then use logic (3 greeen backgrounds in Rookie and 4 in other classes - something fishy), read rules again (found nothing solid), used forum (maybe wrong words to search forum) and still without clear answer. Do you think he will go and read all announcements that were issued just to get info that should be in rules?
Michael Taylor
(Groep Rookie - 66)

Land:
Nieuw Zeeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #94 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:00:30 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 7th 2012,11:38:12 )

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=18830&PostId=2089357#pos...Indeed...Vlad said as much when first mentioning the group restructuring.

So new members should now look for a 7 to 8 month old post to check the rules???
Michael Winkley
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (7)
Oud bericht #95 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:03:32 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 13:05:17 door Michael Winkley) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Taylor @ July 7th 2012,13:00:30 )

So new members should now look for a 7 to 8 month old post to check the rules???

Nope. I think that it should have been revealed as an official announcement, and as such would have had its very own thread discussing it.

All that is required is for everyone to display a little bit more common sense when amswering such questions.
Michael Taylor
(Groep Rookie - 66)

Land:
Nieuw Zeeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #96 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:09:16 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 13:09:56 door Michael Taylor) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 7th 2012,13:03:32 )

All that is required is for everyone to display a little bit more common sense when amswering such questions.

Or maybe the rules could be correct???

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ November 1st 2011,15:29:26 )

The rules will not be officially changed until we reach our final target group structure, which is a 1-5-25-125-625 group pyramid.

So when will all this all be done?
Michael Winkley
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (4)
Oud bericht #97 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:21:52 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Taylor @ July 7th 2012,13:09:16 )

Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ November 1st 2011,15:29:26 )

The rules will not be officially changed until we reach our final target group structure, which is a 1-5-25-125-625 group pyramid.

So when will all this all be done?

I would imagine that the first additional Amateur group will be created for the start of S32 or S33, given that 338*3 (promotions from Rookie this season) is less than 64*16 (relegations from Amateur this season), though with new Rookie groups being created each season at present, next season would see 64*16 be less than (338+ ?)*3, so additional Amateur groups would have to be created for the start of S33 at the latest.
Graham Mercer
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #98 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:34:44 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 13:35:42 door Graham Mercer) Quote 
This is undefendable.
The rule is wrong, misleading and sets a bad example.
It says to new players that Gpro does not care sufficiently to make a minor, obviously needed, change to the rules page to rectify an error that has existed for much too long, ever since the restructure was initiated.
It is an easily rectified, minor amendment that has a large impact on new players trying to get a handle on what to them is a new game.
As Tim Sewell said previously it casts doubt in players minds about the accuracy and reliability of the rest of the rules.
This is undefendable.
Mark Eadie
(Groep Rookie - 294)

Land:
Schotland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (7)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #99 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:40:48 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ July 7th 2012,12:26:03 )

Quote ( PJ Bowler @ July 7th 2012,12:17:52 )

I believe something needs to be changed or added....

I would have thought that the green background denoting the promotion positions was enough for this...no? I mean, there's a pretty uniform set of colours across all of the levels; Green = Promotion Position, Blue = Retaining Position, Red = Relegating Position...its an easy system to understand.

what happens if the person has a black and white monitor or is even colour blind?
Matt Kasar
(Groep Rookie - 44)

Land:
Indonesië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #100 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:43:36 Quote 
I'm a newbie (2 races) so as this topic seems to revolve around what newbies may think I'll give you my viewpoint.

I find this whole topic to be completely unneeded, I understand the rules have changed (or are changing) and that this process isn't instant. I do not understand why a few lines of text cannot be changed, possibly several times, as these rule changes go through.
I mean really? You can spend days/weeks/months restructuring the whole game but are too busy/lazy to edit a couple of lines of text taking 30 seconds???
As has been said by other people, we noobs are constantly referred to the rules, FAQs, wiki and Newbie guide that they really should be current, it's not that tricky.
On the other hand, we are bombarded by so much information I didn't remember how many are supposed to get promoted as there is a lot more information that is more immediately required, esp as I joined midseason, so if I see three green slots I certainly would assume 3 get promoted. If on the other hand the test asked me how many got promoted and I answered 3 and got it wrong I would be pi**ed off.

Anyway, to sum up. Change the rules, 4 or 5 times if needed, it isn't that difficult and not doing it makes no sense at all
Cale Murray
(Groep Pro - 6)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #101 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 13:49:49 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 13:50:09 door Cale Murray) Quote 
that raises another question is there a question about it on the certification test ?
Chinmay Dhopate
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #102 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 15:06:36 Quote 
Updating GPRO rules is an elaborate process...

There is only one very, very old -- some may even call it "ancient" -- computer which updates rules page in GPRO and in order to change the rules Vlad and Winkley will have to go to the location where this computer is kept. In order to get there, they need to travel through entire Siberia (on foot) and then the Sahara desert, and then go to the deepest depths of the Ocean, and finally make an intergalactic journey through a wormhole that appears in our Solar System after all the other 3 tasks are completed.

Along the way, they will face many challenges, (there are both light side and the dark side ways to complete these challenges), face intergalactic monsters, and only when they have gained XP, they gain the access to ancient machine which updates the GPRO rules -- it is located, we learn now, in Antartica. They then have to fight their way across this lair and face the final challenge -- to fight and defeat Mr Shadow -- before they can update the GPRO rules.

Due to these enormous difficulties involved, GPRO does not update rules often, even if it makes sense to update them.
Matt Kasar
(Groep Rookie - 44)

Land:
Indonesië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #103 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 15:42:10 (laatst aangepast Jul 7 2012, 15:52:52 door Matt Kasar) Quote 
ah yes, bullsh*t.
we have that in england too. Well done, your standard of bull is extremely high (but possible not overly credible) :o)

edit - sorry to whoever didn't like it. it was meant as humour and a compliment to the previous post
Yug Desai3
(Groep Rookie - 218)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #104 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 15:48:14 Quote 
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ July 7th 2012,15:42:10 )

we have that in england too.
moved to Indonesia?
Matt Kasar
(Groep Rookie - 44)

Land:
Indonesië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #105 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 15:51:41 Quote 
yeah Yug
English born, half pakistani, living in Bali. It's probably why I'm so confused most of the time!
Yug Desai3
(Groep Rookie - 218)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #106 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 16:01:53 Quote 
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ July 7th 2012,15:51:41 )

living in Bali.
oh its a beautiful place i hear :)
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ July 7th 2012,15:51:41 )

I'm so confused most of the time!
lol
Matt Kasar
(Groep Rookie - 44)

Land:
Indonesië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #107 geplaatst Jul 7 2012, 16:04:52 Quote 
it is beautiful in parts but some places much less so due to tourism based overdevelopment
Sadly these ugly eyesores are the bits most people see when they come
PJ Bowler
(Groep Rookie - 304)

Land:
Nieuw Zeeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #108 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 02:52:40 Quote 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ July 7th 2012,15:06:36 )

Updating GPRO rules is an elaborate process...There is only one very, very old -- some may even call it "ancient" -- computer which updates rules page in GPRO and in order to change the rules Vlad and Winkley will have to go to the location where this computer is kept. In order to get there, they need to travel through entire Siberia (on foot) and then the Sahara desert, and then go to the deepest depths of the Ocean, and finally make an intergalactic journey through a wormhole that appears in our Solar System after all the other 3 tasks are completed.Along the way, they will face many challenges, (there are both light side and the dark side ways to complete these challenges), face intergalactic monsters, and only when they have gained XP, they gain the access to ancient machine which updates the GPRO rules -- it is located, we learn now, in Antartica. They then have to fight their way across this lair and face the final challenge -- to fight and defeat Mr Shadow -- before they can update the GPRO rules.Due to these enormous difficulties involved, GPRO does not update rules often, even if it makes sense to update them.

30 dozen toilet rolls to chinmays place on the double please! We have a lot of work cleaning up all the crap that just spilled out of his mouth :)
Mike Becnel
(Groep Amateur - 60)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #109 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 05:10:03 Quote 
Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ July 7th 2012,15:06:36 )

Updating GPRO rules is an elaborate process...There is only one very, very old -- some may even call it "ancient" -- computer which updates rules page in GPRO and in order to change the rules Vlad and Winkley will have to go to the location where this computer is kept. In order to get there, they need to travel through entire Siberia (on foot) and then the Sahara desert, and then go to the deepest depths of the Ocean, and finally make an intergalactic journey through a wormhole that appears in our Solar System after all the other 3 tasks are completed.Along the way, they will face many challenges, (there are both light side and the dark side ways to complete these challenges), face intergalactic monsters, and only when they have gained XP, they gain the access to ancient machine which updates the GPRO rules -- it is located, we learn now, in Antartica. They then have to fight their way across this lair and face the final challenge -- to fight and defeat Mr Shadow -- before they can update the GPRO rules.Due to these enormous difficulties involved, GPRO does not update rules often, even if it makes sense to update them.

Bartender, I will have two of what he is drinking please ;D
Michael Keeney
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #110 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 05:13:53 (laatst aangepast Jul 8 2012, 08:17:56 door Mike Becnel) Quote 
Hold the boat. All groups are changing to top 3 to promote...?

Tell me please this isn't true. How the poof has people not mentioned this. This is most def the worst decision in GPRO history after implementing thumbs. HaHa

I'm literally laughing too much to actually take this serious? Is it for real?

Mod edit: no bombings allowed MK. But FYI...i am surprised also!
Shoaib Mohamed
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #111 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 06:03:24 (laatst aangepast Jul 8 2012, 08:18:20 door Mike Becnel) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 8th 2012,05:13:53 )

Hold the boat. All groups are changing to top 3 to promote...?

Tell me please this isn't true. How the sniglit has people not mentioned this. This is most def the worst decision in GPRO history after implementing thumbs. HaHa

I'm literally laughing too much to actually take this serious? Is it for real?

It's real...though it will take a long long time for it to trickle up to pro and above. Also when all the restructuring is complete, masters will probably become the new elite...in terms of difficulty.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #112 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 07:30:15 (laatst aangepast Jul 8 2012, 08:30:47 door Mike Becnel) Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 8th 2012,05:13:53 )

Tell me please this isn't true. How the my momma wears combat boots has people not mentioned this. This is most def the worst decision in GPRO history after implementing thumbs. HaHa

You mean second worst surely, after they changed number of promotion spots from 5 to 4 in season 5?

As I understand, we are switching to the following group structure:

Elite - 15 to relegate
5x Master - 3 to promote, 15 to relegate
25x Pro - 3 to promote, 15 to relegate
125x Amateur - 3 to promote, 15 to relegate
625x Rookie - 3 to promote.

Quote ( Mike Becnel @ July 8th 2012,05:10:03 )

Bartender, I will have two of what he is drinking please ;D

Are you sure? :D
Michael Keeney
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #113 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 07:38:57 Quote 
This is going to be one of the worst ever changes.
Sion Francis
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #114 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 07:48:41 (laatst aangepast Jul 8 2012, 07:49:02 door Sion Francis) Quote 
*Ponders*

How often do we see master groups where there are not 4 people who want to promote?

It's quite often. 3 promoters to a group should reduce the frequency of that quite a lot.

It'll also help make the fights at the top of lower division groups more interesting, as people won't be able to relax as early.

All in all I don't see this as "the worst change ever". I wouldn't strongly advocate it but there's nothing wrong with it.
Chinmay Dhopate
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #115 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 07:54:55 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 8th 2012,07:38:57 )

This is going to be one of the worst ever changes.

I get the feeling this is tautology for you...
Michael Keeney
(Groep Pro - 7)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #116 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 08:00:14 Quote 
First I had to google tautology....

However I do understand what Sion is saying but on a whole I dont agree I think the particpation lvls willl get lower. People finding it increasingly difficult to promote. It will take that bit longer to get to Elite. Is that really the way you want to do?
Sion Francis
(Groep Pro - 12)

Land:
Wales 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #117 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 08:09:07 Quote 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ July 8th 2012,08:00:14 )

People finding it increasingly difficult to promote.

If you cannot finish in the top 3 in your group on merit, chances are you are not prepared for the division above.

It will take that bit longer to get to Elite.

Win your groups then :)
Matt Kasar
(Groep Rookie - 44)

Land:
Indonesië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #118 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 08:15:53 Quote 
As an avid gamer in the situation that this game is in I see only 3 options to cope with the expanding user base.
1. is what they are doing which is probably the best and easiest way to do things.
2. would be to add an extra teir to the bottom/top of the system, that's quite easy to do on the bottom if all levels were the same but in this game they aren't so it would be a major pain in the bottom. If you add it to the top then sorting out everybodies new place for the changover season would be a nightmare. So this option isn't really practical for this game
3. Increase the number of drivers in each group. Depending on the way the software is made this may or may not be an easy thing to do. Even if it is easy though it would still result in the same increase in competition for the promotion places.

I can't think of another way to increase the size of the game so we end up back at square 1

If I'm missing another practical possibility let me know!
Fabricio Ramos
(Groep Amateur - 24)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #119 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 08:16:09 Quote 
Quote ( Sion Francis @ July 8th 2012,08:09:07 )

People finding it increasingly difficult to promote.

If you cannot finish in the top 3 in your group on merit, chances are you are not prepared for the division above.

It will take that bit longer to get to Elite.

Win your groups then :)

ppl will think twice before relegating in order to increase cash flow, and this is going to be nice for the game
Roland Postle10
(Groep Rookie - 172)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #120 geplaatst Jul 8 2012, 09:39:34 Quote 
Quote ( Tim Sewell @ July 7th 2012,12:42:52 )

It also has to be said that if a newbie were to read the rules , wiki etc and then find that they are not current in every detail, it could cause doubt about other items mentioned in them.

Aye, as someone who just started and read through all the rules etc.. it was refreshing to find them so accurate and detailed. Games/MMOs do change and evolve and too often they come with a guide that's been thrown together in beta and not updated since despite numerous game changes. Not only does it make them a confusing and doubt-filled read but it reduces confidence in the game itself. Afterall if the guide's an out-of-date mess then there's probably a sloppy admin culture, and the sourcecode for the game itself is probably badly managed and full of bugs. GPRO is obviously highly polished but I suppose it takes effort and the occasional 4 page thread :o debating a tiny defect in the rule text to keep it that way

Anyway, two other problems/comments I had about the rules/guide/faq/wiki

1) In http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php/Finding_a_Driver_Guide_for_New_Players there's a line that says "plus £5m extra if you complete all 17 races". I think it should say 'qualify for' or 'compete in'? Complete sounds as if you need to reach the finish (or at least 90%)

2) Large sections of the FAQ and the Wiki are identical, and it's painful to repeatedly start reading a paragraph only to realise halfway through you've already seen it. If everything in the FAQ is now in the Wiki perhaps the FAQ could be binned, or at least it could mention at the top that you shouldn't bother reading it if you're also planning to read the entire Wiki
Pagina « 1 2 3 [45 6 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht