Alain Routhier
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (37)   Afkeuren (66)
Oud bericht #1 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 05:01:43 Quote 

Greetings all,

I have been racing GPro for about 12 seasons now.
Relatively successfully.

I have been racing average-calculation games (Spreadsheet games) for about 20 years.
I have owned programming Co on and off starting in the 1990s.
Owned a networking company.
Was a game rating consultant with thousands of dollars in prize money in the late 1990s. AE, ...

My suggestions is:
Find a different game.

GPro is a thigh knit group of people, and you are not part of the club.
They might not even understand the limitations they have put on new members.

The original 'guide lines" (you cannot really call them 'instructions") have been watered-down while the rules have changed and the parameters have narrowed.
The result is mostly irrelevant 'help' files on the web site forum (you can even dig an find some basic files on the net of previous GPro help files with MORE info than what is currently offered...) and of course a sickening entitlement mentality from the "senior" members who dish-out newbies plea for relevant information. They even have an acronym for proudly sneering at you. (I will let you experience this one).

This game is a community of privileged senior users, some team managers will even admit this. Hoping it would be addressed.

You can join a team hoping to better yourself.
But no. You will never learn, you might better the team and learn somethings but you will never be in a position to compete and elevate yourself. Senior members will forever be ahead of you and there is no mechanism within the game to allow you to grow and play on a level playing field. You have to "follow" the senior members.

Add this to the game not being perfect (how is a pound of flesh not being equal to a pound of fuel in lap time?
Well irrelevant to a point right?
But when the admin tells you it is irrelevant, they do not even acknowledge there might be a flaw in the game, really?. And the admin acting as Gods when asked a questions and, and, ... Well you have a game with serious issues. f1 rules, Indy rules, whatever is convenient rule?

That is STILL fine.
What is not is the creators, admins, ignoring it simply because they apparently enjoy the game "the way it is"

I will continue to play for a while just to accumulate data.

You are all welcome to comment.

Cheers,

a.

Ken Neihart
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (23)   Afkeuren (13)
Oud bericht #2 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 05:13:52 Quote 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 5th 2021,05:01:43 )

Ass hurt much?

I think you should show yourself the door and be on your way, hey, maybe even create your own game with all the knowledge you have. Why collect more data when you hate the game which has got to make you miserable every time you log on.
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (20)   Afkeuren (11)
Oud bericht #3 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 05:16:57 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 05:18:30 door Luke Frost) Quote 
Sounds like you will continue to play just to make a hateful post like this every few months. Your bad experience with some people doesn't mean the entirety should be judged this way. Ever heard the term "don't paint an entire community with the same brush" ... ?

While you make a couple of points which make sense, your wider point is just spewing unnecessary hateful and petty nonsense. If you don't like the game, run along. Otherwise you're just spoiling the potential fun for others. Just because YOU don't know how to enjoy this game it doesn't mean others will not.
Brad Marshall1
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (13)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #4 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 05:32:17 Quote 
Alain, Did you notice a Canadian won the championship last season? It doesn't get less privileged or entitled than that, does it?
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
Mexico 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (18)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #5 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 05:52:10 Quote 

This game is a community of privileged senior users, some team managers will even admit this. Hoping it would be addressed.

These managers will be managers, such as you, that expect the game to change as long as it benefits them, or that they think change for change is good.

I have been here for more than 5 times the amount of seasons that you have been and, many would consider me a Dino, but I don't think I am.

You mentioned that you owned a software company in the 90's I too developed a quite successful software for some very specific operations (I would call it succesful it it became the standard for a worldwide company) and I know the software requiremenst are much more complicated now than 30 years ago, yet I'm still able to see the logic and work behind.

Thsi game is a niche game, a game that most surely will not attract the millenials and centennials based on other software around, but in contrast to other RACING MANAGEMENT GAMES it is, IMHO, the one that has more challenges and provide for long term develoment than other games that provide more instant gratification or that are defnitely pay to win.

Yeah, graphics are not top notch, it does not have an app, and it should never have one, but it is a game that needs soem time and attention.

You have decided to be a lone wolf and not join any teams in your 12 seasons, and that is your own choice, but since I started like that on my first season, when I joined a good team I realized how much I was not understanding and how far away I was.

This is a long term planning game, and that is the key.

Of cours, for you, and many others as you, that think there is a provileged group, many of the responses here will come from that group, but believe there are no conspiracy theories here. These game, including weather, sponsors, randoms and such, is pretty logical but it takes time, data and the different point of view of other managers.

If you really dislike it, why stay? Why suffer in something that should be fun or interesting.

If your 'I will stay to gather data" approach is just a way to say I really need to understand this game, I will entice you to find a team and use your experience to find the logic behind it.

Whatever you decide: Godspeed

Alain Routhier
(Groep Pro - 16)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (8)   Afkeuren (33)
Oud bericht #6 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 06:00:43 Quote 

So I received three posts within minutes of posting.
The first is a USA insulting gutter level post,choke on the smell not much else can be expected from neanthertals. That creature does not likely understand basic conversation exchages.
USA mamals they are addicted to their outrage, there frustrations, they need to express it. Wraw wraw wraw...
Pass.
Luke thank you for your post, you show some sense. the point is not to make "hateful posts" mdid you misundertand, misread or twist what was written to fit your narative?
"Your bad experience with some people" I do not have bad experience with peopole, do you really think you can derail a post so easilly?
I have had bad enperiences with the people who regulate this game.

"Just because YOU don't know how to enjoy this game"
That is funny, you just cannot stay on topic can you?
The topic is how is the game managed. If you cannot reach to that level of conversation please stay in the gutters.
Cheers,

Brad. "did you notice a Canadian won the championship last season"
Completely irrelevent to how the game is improved or managed?
Are you impared or somthing?

James Boylan
(Groep Master - 1)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (11)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #7 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 06:07:21 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 06:24:29 door James Boylan) Quote 

[i

You will never learn, you might better the team and learn somethings but you will never be in a position to compete and elevate yourself. Senior members will forever be ahead of you and there is no mechanism within the game to allow you to grow and play on a level playing field. You have to "follow" the senior members

This has to be one of the most absurd comments I have read on the forum. Maybe you cannot learn, or you will always be a follower, that is not true for everyone.

One of the great things about GPro is that it is a level"ish" playing field for everyone. Played 4 seasons that I remember very little from back around season 40 and came back as a rookie for season 79. This is now my sixth season, second season in Master having averaged P10 in my first Master season. Please explain how I have not been able to compete or elevate myself?

Instead of looking for a "mechanism" within the game that doesn't exist, if you want better results, simply be better. The managers in your group do not have an advantage over you. If they are finishing ahead of you, they are simply better then you are.
André de Carvalho
(Groep Amateur - 75)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #8 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 06:07:43 Quote 
well i defo blame canada
Hamd Kazimi
(Groep Pro - 15)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #9 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 06:36:36 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 06:38:11 door Hamd Kazimi) Quote 
You have done only 173 races so far and have performed really well to be in Pro. There are guys with 500+ races that are still languishing in Rookie. Why did that happen?

I'm surprised you bring up such discussions that there is a hierarchy or a dark order that is stopping new managers from exceeding but your career itself tells a different story. I always have the mentality that the guy finishing in front is better, the sooner you accept that the better it is for you.
If you still feel there is an external force stopping your progress then there is always an option to quit & end your misery.

Such discussions impact the overall health of the game, especially for newbies that are still trying to figure out. With such posts, you're planting a seed of doubt that may take them away from the game.

Ken Neihart
(Groep Pro - 14)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (16)   Afkeuren (4)
Oud bericht #10 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 06:49:57 Quote 
Quote ( Alain Routhier @ October 5th 2021,06:00:43 )

The first is a USA insulting gutter level post,choke on the smell not much else can be expected from neanthertals. That creature does not likely understand basic conversation exchages.

USA mamals they are addicted to their outrage, there frustrations, they need to express it. Wraw wraw wraw...

Pass.

Your opening post insulted every player in this game, you trashed those that run the game and even Vlad. Then you trash TEAMS which you've never even been a part of a single one. You tell newbies to quit the game all because you don't like it. I tell you how ridiculous you are and suggest you not stay to "accumulate data" if you plan on leaving due to you hating the game. You in return trash my whole country because you didn't like my opinion and attempt to trash me because I'm an American and have an opinion.

Good thing I've toned down my post lately or you might of trashed Europe as well lmao.

I think your first 2 jabs may be wearing off, may be time for your booster.

Oh, with all your knowledge I'm assuming you have a proper education? Seriously dude, learn to spell.
Juca Santos
(Groep Rookie - 81)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #11 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 08:34:41 Quote 
Come on mate, take all thiis data and make a better game, i will play!
Luke Frost
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (7)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #12 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 08:35:30 Quote 

"Just because YOU don't know how to enjoy this game"
That is funny, you just cannot stay on topic can you?
The topic is how is the game managed. If you cannot reach to that level of conversation please stay in the gutters.
Cheers,

It was well within your topic. You are not just giving a review here you are actively campaigning for new players players quit the game because of your naive approach approach this game expecting some sort of dystopian team forum on the public space.

If your topic is allowed open, then points against your finer details are even more so allowed so then, explain where the conversation went to "the gutters"

Ok, I'll try and pinpoint it:

New to GPro? Quit

Why don't you send supportgpro.net a message. Thousands of ppl enjoy this game in their own way. Thanks to advertising issues and mobile ap development the games potential audience was cut dramatically in the past 10 years. So have some compassion and think of others before you openly encourage ppl to stop playing based on your warped ideas about it.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Bulgarije 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (40)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #13 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 08:45:22 Quote 

Interesting. I am the one regulating the game and in the few private exchanged we've had I've only either explained or resolved your issues. What else did you expect?
Mauro Saccoccia
(Groep Pro - 10)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #14 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:05:33 Quote 
Sorry mate, I never read such a set of whining all in one, it seems a heavy beaver's gnawing. You have been coloring outside.
Daryl Gee
(Groep Amateur - 34)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #15 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:18:45 Quote 

a sickening entitlement mentality from the "senior" members who dish-out newbies plea for relevant information. They even have an acronym for proudly sneering at you.

I think the FOBY response is really a thing of the past and in my experience, people asking genuine questions get steered in the right direction on the forum, and get PMs with more detail, these days.

Of course, this is still largely a game about discovery. A big part of the game is about working out the mechanics. Expecting that to change because you want to be spoon fed is, I think, a bit more entitled than people who have spent years fine tuning their calculations not wanting to share them.

Paul Williams
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #16 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:19:07 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 09:20:00 door Paul Williams) Quote 

But no. You will never learn, you might better the team and learn somethings but you will never be in a position to compete and elevate yourself. Senior members will forever be ahead of you and there is no mechanism within the game to allow you to grow and play on a level playing field. You have to "follow" the senior members.

Your claim that new players can't get into a good team and learn is completely false. I would implore you to look at this manager who has joined Nuvolari with very little experience in the game /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=936395.

Also many players don't join a team for knowledge it's more about finding a group of like minded managers to form friendships with.

If you don't like the game then by all means leave.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Groep Master - 5)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (9)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #17 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:24:46 Quote 

Greetings all,

Relatively successfully.

I have been racing average-calculation games (Spreadsheet games) for about 20 years.
Was a game rating consultant with thousands of dollars in prize money in the late 1990s. AE, ...

My suggestions is:
Find a different game.

The original 'guide lines" (you cannot really call them 'instructions") have been watered-down while the rules have changed and the parameters have narrowed.
The result is mostly irrelevant 'help' files on the web site forum (you can even dig an find some basic files on the net of previous GPro help files with MORE info than what is currently offered...) and of course a sickening entitlement mentality from the "senior" members who dish-out newbies plea for relevant information. They even have an acronym for proudly sneering at you. (I will let you experience this one).

Add this to the game not being perfect (how is a pound of flesh not being equal to a pound of fuel in lap time?
But when the admin tells you it is irrelevant, they do not even acknowledge there might be a flaw in the game, really?. And the admin acting as Gods when asked a questions and, and, ... Well you have a game with serious issues. f1 rules, Indy rules, whatever is convenient rule?

That is STILL fine.
What is not is the creators, admins, ignoring it simply because they apparently enjoy the game "the way it is"

Cheers,

a.

There is one simple argument to prove you are totally wrong on your assumptions: Dede won an Elite title! And I reached Elite myself... don't know what is more absurd!
Montes Dimemola
(Groep Pro - 22)

Land:
Romenië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #18 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:25:47 Quote 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ October 5th 2021,08:45:22 )

Interesting. I am the one regulating the game and in the few private exchanged we've had I've only either explained or resolved your issues. What else did you expect?

Keys to the kingdom... maybe? Thanks :D
Niels Van Heijster
(Groep Pro - 20)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (8)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #19 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 09:28:25 Quote 
Alain, you never were part of a team, so I would surprised if you knew anything about team dynamics. I sent you an invite to join up with us at some point. But you couldn't even find the courtesy to reply in the minimum amount of words, something like "I'm not interested" or the likes. Replying of course is not mandatory, but it's got something to do with simple good manners. I know it's not a Canadian thing, so it must be something that "slipped your mind" ... ?

I'm not going into the thrift of your messsage, but this detail stood out for me;

How is a pound of flesh not being equal to a pound of fuel?

If you state it like this, obviously a pound is a pound, no matter what material. However, 100L of fuel may well have a different total weight compared to 100kg of flesh, it's got something to do with material density ... look it up if you need to ...

Viewpoints like these are where a team might help you by changing or adjusting your (incorrect) POV, simple and eloquent. Maybe there are some more "issues" you're running into that we could have helped you with, but now our line-ups are complete. Thank you for not accepting my invitation to join up with us though! I have a thing against people that vent personal views and (bad) experiences as were these the single truth. If you would have been a doctor, it might have been referred to as a "God-complex".

You're entitled to your own POV, but to proclaim some of the things you do above is pretty bold as you are lacking the experience in some fields you address. You have never been part of any team in GPRO, or at least not with this account. So, how is it that apparently you know exactly that such would not be helping you or others forward in any way ... ?

If you want to dish out on something, be a man and make your comments, but I would suggest not to speak for others. You may have had bad experiences, granted, but IMHO your above statements are flawed and thus incorrect!

Sonny Long
(Groep Rookie - 91)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (6)
Oud bericht #20 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:09:13 Quote 

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

Greetings all,

Relatively successfully.

My suggestions is:
Find a different game.

That is STILL fine.

Cheers,

a.

I might be new here, but I can certainly tell, you're trying to dirty the game. I have seen more respect from Hungarian fans than you have. You're a joke to this community, and frankly, we don't need people like you.
Archit Modi
(Groep Amateur - 77)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (10)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #21 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:11:47 Quote 
I'm a millennial, and even though I'm new to this game, I've started loving it and the components around it. Agreed that this game isn't for everyone due to its pace, it isn't anything like you seem to say. Even though you have somehow reached Pro, which is a considerable achievement, you have nothing good to say. If you aren't enjoying this, why are you spending so much time on this game?
The only point of yours I agree on is that this is a tight-knit community, but they are also friendly and welcoming. The game is great as it is and the admins have the complete right on how they want it to be, the only thing it doesn't need is YOUR negativity.

I just see you as a sad narcissist who's pleading for attention. Maybe you should change your perspective and see the good in the world, rather than cribbing about what isn't going according to you. I daresay your life might improve and you become a bit more likable.

On a brighter note, we've got an early contender for the worst forum topic of S84 :D
Sonny Long
(Groep Rookie - 91)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #22 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:12:43 Quote 
Quote ( Archit Modi @ October 5th 2021,10:11:47 )

I'm a millennial, and even though I'm new to this game, I've started loving it and the components around it. Agreed that this game isn't for everyone due to its pace, it isn't anything like you seem to say. Even though you have somehow reached Pro, which is a considerable achievement, you have nothing good to say. If you aren't enjoying this, why are you spending so much time on this game?
The only point of yours I agree on is that this is a tight-knit community, but they are also friendly and welcoming. The game is great as it is and the admins have the complete right on how they want it to be, the only thing it doesn't need is YOUR negativity.

I just see you as a sad narcissist who's pleading for attention. Maybe you should change your perspective and see the good in the world, rather than cribbing about what isn't going according to you. I daresay your life might improve and you become a bit more likable.

On a brighter note, we've got an early contender for the worst forum topic of S84 :D
Someone nominate this the best post for S84 :)
Daniel Humphreys
(Groep Amateur - 2)

Land:
Australië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #23 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:28:55 Quote 
Quote ( Paul Williams @ October 5th 2021,09:19:07 )

Your claim that new players can't get into a good team and learn is completely false. I would implore you to look at this manager who has joined Nuvolari with very little experience in the game /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=936395.

Also many players don't join a team for knowledge it's more about finding a group of like minded managers to form friendships with.

Those compromising photographs of Dede came in handy.

I'm a new player and I'd tell other new players to respectfully ignore OP and enjoy learning yourself and with team mates.

Chris Shaw
(Groep Amateur - 36)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #24 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:36:10 Quote 
I support as many people quitting as possible, so that I have an easier route to the top. You should also take up smoking and walking around construction sites without hard hats.

Love you all,

Chris
Prashant Raul
(Groep Rookie - 119)

Land:
India 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #25 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:45:32 Quote 
You must be happy atleast this game is not PAY TO WIN.
Sonny Long
(Groep Rookie - 91)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #26 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:49:38 Quote 
Quote ( Paul Williams @ October 5th 2021,09:19:07 )

Exactly why I joined Silly Gamers. Now, I think I've formed a friendship with the majority, and a close friendship with @Onur Guardian (M2), Kyle Morris (cannot tag) & @Jonathan Beagles (P20), aka JB.
Iain Bartholomew
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Schotland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (9)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #27 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 10:59:54 Quote 
Much like football, sex or badminton, GPRO is a pursuit that can be enjoyed alone but is better as a group activity. If you can find a team that is a good fit for you then your experience will be immeasurably enhanced. Otherwise you'll be limited to solo play and it's understandable that knocking your shuttlecock up and down can get frustrating after a while.
Alex Popa
(Groep Amateur - 74)

Land:
Canada 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #28 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 11:01:42 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 11:04:09 door Alex Popa) Quote 
I fully agree that it's a game that puts countless barriers on newcomers. As a newbie not part of a team, one has to spend a full year of playing this game just to collect data and figure some correlations. If those correlations bring some results in year two, they will be deemed rather useless once making it to Pro: different tires specs and tech directors add a new hurdle in year 3.

So, in my view, if one doesn't join a team, one needs to collect data and create a good, reliable system of prediction for about three years. Starting with the fourth year one can make full use of the learning. And I'm saying YEARS, not SEASONS! We're talking about 12 seasons here!

The learning curve is immense.

The shortest route is joining a team. But what are you left with once the team shatters to pieces and all those tools are unusable and you understand that you basically have to get back to data collecting on your own?
Chris Adnams
(Groep Elite)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #29 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 11:06:47 (laatst aangepast Okt 5 2021, 11:09:02 door Chris Adnams) Quote 
Alain, firstly I'm sorry your experience of the game isn't what you would like, but coming with a post like you have, slandering the community and slating the game creators (who have done nothing wrong and have always been helpful, courteous and welcoming in my opinion) is going to do nothing but alienate you from people further.

You cannot possibly comment on team dynamics because you haven't been in one. That would be like me commenting on quantum physics, making out I'm an expert in the field. I'm not, so I don't. In fact, I know nothing about it because I haven't experienced that field. Sure, people don't have to join teams, it's not mandatory and people enjoy playing in different ways, but I would definitely recommend joining a team to enhance your experience. Throwing around ideas and theories and helping each other with your plans and the social aspect of a team is one of the best parts of the game.

This game is as such where if all info was readily available, you would lose what makes the game different. This is not a quick game. You need to put in some yards to reach the top. That doesn't mean that people aren't willing to help. I may be in Elite now but that hasn't always been the case. I have messaged people before asking for help and advice and pointers. And whilst I've never been given exact formulae (as it should be) I have always found that people have given helpful responses that I have been able to use to better my gameplay. I have had a few message me too before, and I would hope to think my replies were helpful in the same way the ones I got were.

I don't know who you have had experiences with that make you hate this community, but it can't have been with everyone, so as has previously been said, I will repeat; don't tarnish everyone in a group of people with the same brush just because of one or two bad experiences! This is one thing I cannot stand and really annoys me.
Rumen Monov
(Groep Rookie - 144)

Land:
Bulgarije 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (5)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #30 geplaatst Okt 5 2021, 11:34:59 Quote 
Greetings, Alain Routhier

I have been racing GPro for about 2 seasons now, counting the current we are in.
Relatively mediocre.

I don't see how my past affects the topic of conversation or would bring any useful info to the boldly stated topic, so I shall not "flex" with it on the community.

My suggestions is:
Nobody keeps you here and nobody asked you. I know this may sound rude, but sometimes a player can be disheartened after thinking they have "started figuring out" their strategy, their option, their ability or whatever, and a post like yours could strongly push them away. And that is not a thing any game or community needs.

A conversation needs to be productive! You should start it in some other way. The topic should be named differently. The thread could be your opinions only, instead you have formed it as a suggestion or like your are the reader's personal consultant.

The game is hard, the help is little. Well giving the historical adventure of your life you put us through.. was that easy? Did it come with a guide? Sometimes to enjoy certain things you really have to put more from yourself into it.

On the topic of teams - probably a must. At this point I decided to not join any until I gain more "grip of the game" because at this moment I feel like I wouldn't contribute much.. and that's that. Still there is an individual(not from the admin/mod team, tbh I haven't made any discussion with them, so how you got your opinion seems to be more of a private matter between you and them) who helped me out. He just asked how I set up things, then asked more questions that kinda "steered" me to follow and be aware of more things that could affect my perfomance, hopefully I will gain more knowledge and therefore enjoy the game more due time come.

I really wanted to form this response as your original post, but somewhere there I lost track, because of how you formed your post. I am almost certain that if I read this post after the row of unsuccesful races last I would be "oh, this dude's probably right, let's get out of here", but in all truth, in the end your thread is one of the two - you are trying to present the game in a bad light for an unknown, personal reason or .. you are throwing a tantrum about not being good enough at the game, as you expected/want to be, while acting all-knowing and above anyone else.

Pagina [12 3 ... 9 10 11 » Ga snel naar pagina:

Antwoord op dit bericht