Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Are you OK with how GPRO acts in terms of war situation? Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst
Pagina « 1 [23 4 » Ga snel naar pagina:
Forum onderwerp poll
Are you OK with how GPRO acts in terms of war situation?
Auteur Onderwerp: Are you OK with how GPRO acts in terms of war situation? 105 antwoorden
Sonny Long
(Groep Rookie - 91)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #31 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 14:56:07 Quote 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 3rd 2022,18:29:55 )

If you REALLY want to help, donate money like me, for Ukrainian refugees
doesn't McDonalds have that option? I think so, but I'm going to run in Jordans livery for this race to honour Ukraine
Sonny Long
(Groep Rookie - 91)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #32 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 14:59:56 (laatst aangepast Apr 4 2022, 15:00:10 door Sonny Long) Quote 
Quote ( Serhiy Cherkasov @ April 4th 2022,12:52:16 )

If the race in Sochi is ignored, it will be canceled! In general, the race in Sochi should be canceled!
It's just a virtual track. GPRO have said this countless times:

"We will remain neutral on this"

Why? Why create pointless threads like THIS when we could create threads like, idk, 'should we setup a page to donate our funds from GPRO to Ukraine?' There is no logic behind this.

Yes, I get it, it is life, but ladies & gentlemen, we need to pay tribute to Ukraine. Best part of 1k managers are doing it, and there is no reason why all of us should
Nate Lung
(Groep Rookie - 120)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #33 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 15:09:11 (laatst aangepast Apr 4 2022, 15:09:46 door Nate Lung) Quote 
Yeah, I think it's important to keep this in mind:
In a situation like the one our world finds itself in... to forbid talking about it or doing anything related to it and pretend like Russia doesn't exist, is one of the worst things we could do.

I understand canceling travel to the country (sporting related or no) and barring those teams from competing internationally (in certain circumstances). But to ignore them completely = not helpful.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Groep Elite)

Land:
België 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (13)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #34 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 15:33:43 Quote 
I think GPRO could award the 5 million bonus at the end of the season to any manager who has participated in all races except this one. This would be a symbolic gesture towards anyone who feels uncomfortable to participate in a Russian Grand Prix even if it is virtual and Russia is not gaining anything from it.

To those who call for banning discussion about this war: indifference is a historical mistake, which allows this to happen in the first place.
Aaron Hughes
(Groep Amateur - 61)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (0)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #35 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 15:49:30 Quote 
freedom of speech should always prevail even if people tell lies. so long as hate and violence arnt encouraged in your words then say what you like and i will determine if i believe it or not. suppressing peoples platform to speak is contradictory to what we stand for.
as far as this game is concerned keeping communication open throughout the world is best for all.

Cameron Halsall
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #36 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 16:17:57 Quote 
Considering the community's attitude to being "politically neutral" it's very suspicious that people care about freedom of speech all of a sudden.
Greg Starke
(Groep Rookie - 123)

Land:
Verenigde Staten 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (3)
Oud bericht #37 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 16:19:46 Quote 
I enjoy the neutrality - it doesn't need to permeate every part of life.....

Let's play the game and allow ourselves time away from the over-politicized current event from all sides involved.
Ihor Rusnak
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #38 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 22:45:42 Quote 
Quote ( Aaron Hughes @ April 4th 2022,15:49:30 )

freedom of speech should always prevail even if people tell lies

Where did this opinion come from that lying is compatible with freedom of speech?

A person can tell the truth - and he has a right to it - even if it is unassuming

A person can sincerely make mistakes - and spread lies without realizing it - and he also has the right to do so - the right to make a mistake and forgiveness.

Both cases are freedom of speech - where everyone can say what he thinks and in most cases (absolute freedom is impossible) nothing will threaten him for his opinion. Are these not the principles for which many generations fought with blood and steel and which later became known as human rights?

But when a person lies deliberately in an attempt to mislead others, this has nothing to do with freedom of speech - this is a moral crime that should be punished.

I thank you, Liudvikas, for your support and everyone who empathizes, supports in return - financially and morally. I encourage you to do this in the future as well.

I sincerely hope that your "neutrality" extends only to this game, and in real life you not neutral for Russia for its crimes against humanity. Otherwise, what is the meaning of the word "humanism"?

Cameron Halsall
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #39 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 22:50:20 Quote 
Lying is not a crime. Defamation - libel or slander are not crimes but in most juristictions there is normally allowance for legal action to be taken against it. You're either for freedom of speech for everyone under all reasonable circumstances or nobody. Also, do I have to remind people again that Ukraine and the Western powers are not devoid of immoral actions that are just as to blame for the conflict as Russia is?
Ihor Rusnak
(Groep Amateur - 4)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #40 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 23:26:04 Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 4th 2022,22:50:20 )

You're either for freedom of speech for everyone under all reasonable circumstances or nobody.

And as for you, Cameron, I appreciated the level of your arguments both now and in the main topic. Therefore, we will not continue.

You don't even notice that when you try to refute my words, you use as counterarguments my own arguments that you are trying to refute.

This phrase is contradictory, it makes no sense. But, to each his own.

C'est La Vie, Cameron

Cameron Halsall
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #41 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 23:36:49 Quote 

Quote ( Ihor Rusnak @ April 4th 2022,23:26:04 )

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 4th 2022,22:50:20 )

You're either for freedom of speech for everyone under all reasonable circumstances or nobody.

And as for you, Cameron, I appreciated the level of your arguments both now and in the main topic. Therefore, we will not continue.

You don't even notice that when you try to refute my words, you use as counterarguments my own arguments that you are trying to refute.

This phrase is contradictory, it makes no sense. But, to each his own.

C'est La Vie, Cameron

Well yes if you take it out of context it does look like that. But defamation is free speech, and I will continue to use my free speech to call out the Ukraninan government where I see fit.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Groep Amateur - 53)

Land:
Albanië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #42 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 23:39:14 Quote 
Quote ( Liudvikas Selmistraitis @ April 3rd 2022,15:58:43 )

are they OK to have Sochi GP,
Are you okay having the World Cup in Qatar after more than 10.000 people have died building those stadiums??

It's a virtual track, let's just chill.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Groep Amateur - 23)

Land:
IJsland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #43 geplaatst Apr 4 2022, 23:53:43 (laatst aangepast Apr 5 2022, 00:08:13 door Atli Thor Johannesson) Quote 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 4th 2022,23:36:49 )

free speech

Which European law guarantees you right to "free speech", even lie/misinform as you see fit?
Holocaust denial is illegal in a few of EU countries at least, to name one example.
Saying bad shit to Jews is also illegal in a few, and i´m pretty sure there are a few more restrictions to "free speech"

Not saying i´m anti free speech, as I say a lot of shit myself.... but misinformation and propaganda can be a dangerous thing.

Just take these Covidiots as an example..... low IQ, misinformed, but have very big opinions and unassailable conviction in said opinion.. Classic Dunning Kruger :)

If it wasn´t for the very stupid, i´d be all in on full free speech... but they are there, in their ill informed glory, taking action.. soo... meh..
Jaime Sinclair
(Groep Rookie - 94)

Land:
Brazilië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #44 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 00:01:31 Quote 
Quote ( Ihor Rusnak @ April 4th 2022,22:45:42 )

Quote ( Aaron Hughes @ April 4th 2022,15:49:30 )

freedom of speech should always prevail even if people tell lies

Where did this opinion come from that lying is compatible with freedom of speech?

A person can tell the truth - and he has a right to it - even if it is unassuming

A person can sincerely make mistakes - and spread lies without realizing it - and he also has the right to do so - the right to make a mistake and forgiveness.

Both cases are freedom of speech - where everyone can say what he thinks and in most cases (absolute freedom is impossible) nothing will threaten him for his opinion. Are these not the principles for which many generations fought with blood and steel and which later became known as human rights?

But when a person lies deliberately in an attempt to mislead others, this has nothing to do with freedom of speech - this is a moral crime that should be punished.

I thank you, Liudvikas, for your support and everyone who empathizes, supports in return - financially and morally. I encourage you to do this in the future as well.

I sincerely hope that your "neutrality" extends only to this game, and in real life you not neutral for Russia for its crimes against humanity. Otherwise, what is the meaning of the word "humanism"?

One could think (and probably be right about it) there are lies coming from both sides of the conflict. Staying neutral is the only way to go when you don't know exactly what's going on. And yes, I doubt any of us knows exactly what's going on.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Groep Amateur - 23)

Land:
IJsland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #45 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 00:05:35 (laatst aangepast Apr 5 2022, 00:44:47 door Sean Collins) Quote 
Quote ( Jaime Sinclair @ April 5th 2022,00:01:31 )

And yes, I doubt any of us knows exactly what's going on.

Well, we know for pretty sure one big bully sovereign country is invading another smaller one, so neutral stance... **** that.. ;)
Cameron Halsall
(Groep Amateur - 32)

Land:
Engeland 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #46 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 00:28:17 Quote 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ April 4th 2022,23:53:43 )

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 4th 2022,23:36:49 )

free speech
Which European law guarantees you right to "free speech", even lie/misinform as you see fit?
Holocaust denial is illegal in a few of EU countries at least, to name one example.
Saying bad shit to Jews is also illegal in a few, and i´m pretty sure there are a few more restrictions to "free speech"

Not saying i´m anti free speech, as I say a lot of shit myself.... but misinformation and propaganda can be a dangerous thing.

Just take these Covidiots as an example..... low IQ, misinformed, but have very big opinions and unassailable conviction in said opinion.. Classic Dunning Kruger :)

If it wasn´t for the very stupid, i´d be all in on full free speech... but they are there, in their ill informed glory, taking action.. soo... meh..

Free speech and human rights in general are philosophical concepts that transcend law. It's only in the US that they were fortunate enough to have leaders that respected this fact. A free society should allow any and all discourse no matter how stupid it is percieved to be. I hate reality shows but I don't want them to be cancelled just because I think they lack quality or are inferior, or are meant to be consumed by normies. I've come across this "people are too stupid to do the right thing" argument several times on the internet, and it's still as stupid and insulting as when I first saw it.
Paweł Gierech
(Groep Rookie - 107)

Land:
Polen 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #47 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 02:42:22 Quote 
Quote ( Kristijan Mihovic @ April 4th 2022,08:43:33 )

Great, We have second forum for war.

How much more 99% of managers need to suffer by these forums?
Can you please move these topics out of GPRO?

People come here to race and to have nice time, not to read this.
Who want to chat about war, there is hundreds of forum topics so go there and enjoy.

While I doubt that the proposition presented in this thread would have any real meaning, if it would be realized, I totally don't understand your point.
In what way are you so suffering, that such a thread was started?
If you don't agree with the proposition, you may express it by voting "no", or just abstain from reading it.

And no, there is no reason to move these topics out of GPRO. There are very many people seriously moved by this war. If you are not, it's ok, but let others discuss it, if they want.

Andrej Fülöp
(Groep Pro - 5)

Land:
Slowakije 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #48 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 03:37:41 Quote 
Well, so if you are against raping women, will you participate in a videogame, where is a mission which this icluded ? ...

You all asking "Why, its just virtual track" ...

Principles. Guys.
Adrian Zanoli
(Groep Pro - 10)

Land:
Italië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (3)   Afkeuren (4)
Oud bericht #49 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 05:26:40 Quote 
I think GPRO should replace all russian flags with a neutral flag.
Ukraine isn't correctly represented right now bcs the RUSSIAN attacks may prevent many users who live in Ukraine from connecting to the internet and race on gpro like they normally do.
And this is not fair, Russia should not be represented as well until Ukraine it's again normally represented on gpro.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Groep Master - 4)

Land:
Nederland 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (4)   Afkeuren (1)
Oud bericht #50 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 06:08:17 (laatst aangepast Apr 5 2022, 11:21:22 door Mick Ridley) Quote 
Quote ( Andrej Fülöp @ April 5th 2022,03:37:41 )

Well, so if you are against raping women, will you participate in a videogame, where is a mission which this icluded ? ...

Good point. Indeed i would.

I killed grandmas, tortured entire families in empty swimming pools, gone to war, pretended to be a dictator, went to space, ****** dudes, ****** donkeys, ate shit, hunted, went to space, became a smurf, and drove a car.

All things i can't or wont do in real life. Arent games wonderful?
Sod off with your virtual principles, really.
Stéphane Rombaux
(Groep Pro - 17)

Land:
België 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #51 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 07:31:41 (laatst aangepast Apr 5 2022, 07:39:26 door Stéphane Rombaux) Quote 
I don't see what's the problem to race in Sochi, while people play war roleplay games, even some that make reference to historical events from WW1 or WW2.
If in that context we can well make the difference between virtual and real, why not on a F1 management game that has nothing to do with geopolitics in the first place ?

And I have to praise GPRO's admins decision to let the "Russia attacked Ukraine" topic alive and more loosely moderated so that people can still exchange on the topic and related topics. While world leaders are playing dangerous games without our consent, I think we've proved as a community - to a few exceptions - that we can talk and exchange arguments. And that tomorrow we can meet somewhere and not just fight with each other.

Also remember that cancelling S86 Sochi GP will not save a single Ukrainian life unfortunately. If only it would: it would have been a long time since Sochi GP would have been replaced by a similar track in the calendar.

The best thing we can do as a community, without altering the season for nothing, is for anyone who wants, to race in Sochi with Ukrainian livery as a form of support to our Ukrainian members. I've been doing so since February 24th. Let's make a big blue and yellow wave on the tracks tonight.

Artyom Sokolan
(Groep Amateur - 37)

Land:
Oekraïne 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #52 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 08:06:22 Quote 
The neutral positions its a the same conditions (minimally). But at this situation many players will must to skip GP Sochi. It's incorrectly and not sportive. It's a discrimination
Rokas Pranskevičius
(Groep Pro - 18)

Land:
Litouwen 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (2)   Afkeuren (6)
Oud bericht #53 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:19:29 Quote 
Hi there,

It absolutely disgusts me that 80% of you are agreeing for GPRO to stay neutral in this situation when the rest of the world is agreeing on adding more and more sanctions to Russia.
Rokas Pranskevičius
(Groep Pro - 18)

Land:
Litouwen 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (1)   Afkeuren (6)
Oud bericht #54 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:23:16 Quote 
Admin Vladimir Alexandrov 3 times in a row removed my thread suggesting to boycott Sochi GP. His argument - "Don't you think we've had enough such threads?". Disgrace.
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Beheerder)

GPRO Medewerker
  Land:
Bulgarije 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (0)
Oud bericht #55 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:28:18 Quote 
Quote ( Rokas Pranskevičius @ April 5th 2022,10:23:16 )

Admin Vladimir Alexandrov 3 times in a row removed my thread suggesting to boycott Sochi GP. His argument - "Don't you think we've had enough such threads?". Disgrace.

I kindly asked you to use one of the dedicated threads for your posts on the situation. That's a rather simple instruction, no?

Any further threads on this topic will be removed without warning as was noted by another mod yesterday.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Groep Amateur - 53)

Land:
Albanië 
Certificaat: 
Goedkeuren (6)   Afkeuren (2)
Oud bericht #56 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:34:29 Quote 
Quote ( Adrian Zanoli @ April 5th 2022,05:26:40 )

I think GPRO should replace all russian flags with a neutral flag.
So do we replace USA flags too for turning the Middle East into a nutshell?
Saudi Arabia for destroying Yemen?
China for killing Uyghurs in concentration camps?
Qatar?

The list goes on and on, so keep that in my mind. Don't blame all Russians because a mad man is in charge, woke up, and decided to have violence.
Enough with this cancel generation thing.

Onur Guardian
(Groep Master - 2)

Land:
Turkije 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #57 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:36:28 Quote 
Quote ( Rokas Pranskevičius @ April 5th 2022,10:23:16 )

as you see the voting results, and it was all the same in every topic created about war, its disgusting why he didnt remove all of them at first sight. Think about that side ;)
Jimmy De Roy
(Groep Amateur - 23)

Land:
België 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #58 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:41:27 (laatst aangepast Apr 5 2022, 10:42:08 door Jimmy De Roy) Quote 
Quote ( Rokas Pranskevičius @ April 5th 2022,10:19:29 )

Hi there,

It absolutely disgusts me that 80% of you are agreeing for GPRO to stay neutral in this situation when the rest of the world is agreeing on adding more and more sanctions to Russia.

What else do you want admins to do? GPRO is just a game, if you are not happy just go instead of forcing your opinion to others.
GPRO doesn't apply the same point system as in F1 so what? just because they apply different rules and opinions doesn't give one the liberty to have a go at them.

Nobody likes what is happening in Ukraine but where were you when all this happened?

Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ April 5th 2022,10:34:29 )

So do we replace USA flags too for turning the Middle East into a nutshell?

Saudi Arabia for destroying Yemen?

China for killing Uyghurs in concentration camps?

Qatar?

Tomas Dederle
(Groep Rookie - 86)

Land:
Tsjechië 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #59 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 10:50:33 Quote 
Quote ( Rokas Pranskevičius @ April 5th 2022,10:19:29 )

It absolutely disgusts me that 80%...Disgrace.

stop spreading the hate here pls. Just be civilized, vote eventualy and accept the opinios of others. If you want to give a help to Ukraine instead of insulting people from some game, you have many chances widely open to you ...

Johan Swanepoel
(Groep Pro - 2)

Land:
Zuid-Afrika 
Certificaat: 
Oud bericht #60 geplaatst Apr 5 2022, 11:02:41 Quote 
Basically, the GPRO game is a virtual one in our world, and correctly is neutral to real world politics.

The admins and participants in the game are real people in a real world, and naturally have their opinions regarding the war in Ukraine.

Having a forum group for all to express themselves is an amazing one, and is working well.
We can all see and decide for ourselves who the trolls are.

Well done to the administrators of GPRO.
Pagina « 1 [23 4 » Ga snel naar pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Are you OK with how GPRO acts in terms of war situation? Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je negeerlijst Voeg dit onderwerp toe aan je volglijst

Antwoord op dit bericht