Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Suggestions forum > 1€ supporter credits with paypal Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet [1
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: 1€ supporter credits with paypal 's many 's 13 answ'rs
Eray Alakese
(Squadron Rookie - 108)

Postin's: 391
  Home Port:
Turkey 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #1 Spake upon May 26 2010, 12:36:39 Be quotin' 
I think If we can buy 1€,2€,3€ etc. supporter credits via Paypal, it will be very good. There is Wallie's 1€ credits in here : /GPROSupporter.asp . But we can't buy Wallie card via Paypal.

What do you thing? It's very useful.
Jun Ho
(Squadron Rookie - 136)

Postin's: 8525
  Home Port:
Hong Kong 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #2 Spake upon May 26 2010, 12:41:52 Be quotin' 
It was tried out before, but I think people wanted to buy a season or two.
Eray Alakese
(Squadron Rookie - 108)

Home Port:
Turkey 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #3 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:01:12 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ May 26th 2010,12:41:52 )

It was tried out before, but I think people wanted to buy a season or two.

I think admins don't lose anything if they do this feature? Even, they earn money?
Jun Ho
(Squadron Rookie - 136)

Postin's: 8525
  Home Port:
Hong Kong 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #4 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:02:58 Be quotin' 
Well for this, you have to ask an admin. PM them.
Brendan Evans
(Squadron Amateur - 1)

Postin's: 2250
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #5 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:03:20 ('t be edit'd May 26 2010, 13:04:54 by Brendan Evans) Be quotin' 
Paypal, has fees attached to it, if everyone started making topups of $1,$2,$3, gpro would actually start losing money.

We have a similar problem at gotgames.com.au, if too many people make tiny donations in a month we actually lose money depending on how many big:small donations are made.
Gordon Ashford
(Squadron Rookie - 224)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 10965
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #6 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:03:24 Be quotin' 
I am not sure if there is a small cost involved, even with paypal, but one which the admins bear themselves. If this is the case then lots of small paypal payments would actually mean that the game 'eaned' less money.
Lukas Jonaitis
(Squadron Rookie - 132)

Postin's: 10270
  Home Port:
Lithuania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #7 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:06:23 ('t be edit'd May 26 2010, 13:07:45 by Lukas Jonaitis) Be quotin' 
The fees in paypal are paid by the one making transaction. Well, at least on most of websites it's like that, never tried it here, if it isn't like this, admins could make it that way, as the fees are really small anyway.

I have had someone asking me if you could transfer 1-2pounds via paypal earlier, thought you can until now, seems not. :) Though you still can do transactions to the same GPRO paypal acc not from direct link in the Donations page.
Pedro Almeida
(Squadron Pro - 16)

Postin's: 5000
  Home Port:
Portugal 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #8 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:08:12 Be quotin' 
Lukas and Gordon are right, the one that makes the transfers pays, and so True Gordon less money to the game...
Brendan Evans
(Squadron Amateur - 1)

Postin's: 2250
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #9 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:10:54 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Pedro Almeida @ May 26th 2010,13:08:12 )

Lukas and Gordon are right, the one that makes the transfers pays, and so True Gordon less money to the game...

From paypal to paypal it is, transferring that to a bank account AFTER that is different all together.
Eray Alakese
(Squadron Rookie - 108)

Home Port:
Turkey 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #10 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:31:11 Be quotin' 
will i pay a fee for transferin money paypal to paypal?
James Veazey
(Squadron Amateur - 41)

Postin's: 608
  Home Port:
Canada 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #11 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:32:27 Be quotin' 
Just freakin spend the 10$ and be done with it for a season!
Mark Webster
(Squadron Rookie - 106)

Postin's: 10728
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #12 Spake upon May 26 2010, 13:41:45 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ May 26th 2010,13:03:24 )

I am not sure if there is a small cost involved, even with paypal, but one which the admins bear themselves. If this is the case then lots of small paypal payments would actually mean that the game 'eaned' less money.

I believe it's something like 3.4%, but the minimum "take" is 0.25 Euro?

Basically, the more money you donate, the better. :)
Debjyoti Ganguly
(Squadron Rookie - 61)

Postin's: 968
  Home Port:
India 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #13 Spake upon May 28 2010, 17:57:22 Be quotin' 
my suggestion is that, although it may soound silly, its the use supporter credit usage at will. a manager supports this game this credit is used up per race, all i am saying is a supporter would have the freedom to choose, on which races he would like to have his supporter credit applied.
suppose u r thinking at the start of a season that u would promote then by the end u feel that u r not going to and your driver oa has exceeded the group limit, now u have to choose a driver for next season and your credit has expired so u are deprived of a lot of facilities, now just think if u had the facility to control the usage of credits, like u want it for a race and the next one u dont want it so u deactivate it. thus coming handy when u need it .
bad side is less frequent supporters. only reason i guess why the admins would'nt even look at this....:)
David Shoobridge
(Squadron Pro - 1)

Postin's: 3057
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #14 Spake upon May 28 2010, 18:10:01 Be quotin' 
Debj, credits are only used up after a race is run.

99% of the useful features are actually prior to the race being ran. So you would be able to use it for search functions etc, then just before a race is ran you can deactivate the supporter feature and not lose you 0.40credits.

A way around this would be to force you to state after a race if you want supporter credits for the next one and take the payment at that point in time but that would just irritate me.

When my supporter credits run out I will not be renewing them (got about 10euro left after putting in a load at xmas sort of time)... the reason for this is that I no longer have control of exactly how much I want to pay.
I have to get a minimum of 1 season, but what if i only want to top it up to the end of a season instead of running out mid season? alot more important if having a "dead season" where I am just biding my time to get ready for a push in a seasons or two time. During that period I wont need supporter features and yet be forced to have some of the period as a supporter.

I be more likely to wrangle the system then to accept it the way it is (and yes there are ways to get round it)
This Sheet [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Suggestions forum > 1€ supporter credits with paypal Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber