Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Newbie forum > Help with the tyres needed Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet [1
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: Help with the tyres needed 's many 's 13 answ'rs
Razvan Codreanu
(Squadron Rookie - 80)

Postin's: 2
  Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #1 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 08:58:19 Be quotin' 
Hi guys,

It's my first season here and I need a bit of help as I'm struggling with my tyres.

I have the default Pipirelli ones and when I make the race strategy I can choose only extra-soft and rain.

If I use extra soft, they last only max. 20 laps, so I need to pit 3-4 times to change the tyres.

It's getting frustrating as my lap times are usually faster than guys up to position 4, but I finish around 10, just because I do 1-2 more pitstops each race.

Any advice how to use more resistant tires?

Thanks in advance.
Keri Lovell
(Squadron Amateur - 20)

Postin's: 10072
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #2 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:02:14 ('t be edit'd Apr 7 2011, 09:03:00 by Keri Lovell) Be quotin' 
The tyres you choose in your first qualifying session will be the tyres you have to use for the race.

You have been using ES tyres to qualify, so therefore you have to use them in the race too mate :-)

If you want to use medium tyres for example, then qualify on medium tyres :-)
Jed Lilly
(Squadron Rookie - 195)

Postin's: 21446
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #3 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:03:13 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Razvan Codreanu @ April 7th 2011,08:58:19 )

Any advice how to use more resistant tires?

Don't use extra soft in q1 because that ties them to you for q2 and the race.
Ben Sampson
(Squadron Rookie - 80)

Postin's: 2586
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #4 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:05:55 Be quotin' 
Well you have a choice of extra softs, softs, mediums and hards they are in a drop down menu. Hards last longer but are slower, extras are faster but last much less.

The reason your faster than people is because extra soft tyres are the fastest compound.

This race asssuming your doing q1 on rain tyres it will ask you what dry compound you would like, once again in a drop down menu.

Hope this helps
Vladimir Vasilina
(Squadron Rookie - 186)

Postin's: 230
  Home Port:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (9)
A old postin' #5 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:09:04 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Razvan Codreanu @ April 7th 2011,08:58:19 )

I have the default Pipirelli ones and when I make the race strategy I can choose only extra-soft and rain.

So, you already have praticipated in 12 races and you ask how to use tyres other than extra soft? Cmon man, read the f... newbie guide at least once.

Especially chapter "Car setup and race qualification" and this paragraph:

"After you have identified your 'perfect' setup you will want to do your qualification laps. Before you do this you will need to have decided which tyres you will be racing on. In order to do this you should consider looking carefully at the characteristics of the track and the weather conditions."

There's a lot of usefull info there.

Jed Lilly
(Squadron Rookie - 195)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (7)
A old postin' #6 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:11:34 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Vladimir Vasilina @ April 7th 2011,09:09:04 )

Cmon man, read the f... newbie guide at least once.

I think you need to read the bit about spending money...
Jared Wilson-Godber
(Squadron Rookie - 74)

Postin's: 134
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (6)
A old postin' #7 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:30:31 Be quotin' 
dont use es unless tyre degredation is v. low

otherwise use soft or if degredation is high meds
Vladimir Vasilina
(Squadron Rookie - 186)

Home Port:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #8 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 09:31:46 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ April 7th 2011,09:11:34 )

I think you need to read the bit about spending money...

Thank you for your advice, although not asked. BTW, if you at least tried to analyse what happen with my money balance and used common sense you wouldn't wrote that as you would know you will make yourself silly. :)

So, you have no objections on my advice but instead trying to derogate me making silly comments (based on shallow analysis).

Good job, go on, you helped OP 10 times more than I did.
Tomas Dederle
(Squadron Rookie - 222)

Postin's: 792
  Home Port:
Czech Republic 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #9 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 12:07:50 ('t be edit'd Apr 7 2011, 12:08:41 by Tomas Dederle) Be quotin' 
This is pretty common mistake. Admins should imo create a pop-up window activated when first practice lap is done which will instruct the player about the need of carefull choice of tyre compounds for quali 1.
For those who are not familiar with all the rules before their first race (imo not abnormal situation) this would mean not spoilt race.

The others would have the chance to click the option "Do not display this message again"
Maarten T`Kindt
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 482
  Home Port:
Belgium 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #10 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 12:13:49 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 7th 2011,12:07:50 )

Admins should imo create a pop-up window

They should create one more when Q'ing on wrong tyres (rain/dry).
Jed Lilly
(Squadron Rookie - 195)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #11 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 12:43:57 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Vladimir Vasilina @ April 7th 2011,09:31:46 )

So, you have no objections on my advice but instead trying to derogate me making silly comments (based on shallow analysis).

No based on your attitude to the player, he should've read the guides but pointing out what he's doing wrong is better than saying read the f***ing newbie guide, indeed point it out but what you posted was just rude.
Vladimir Vasilina
(Squadron Rookie - 186)

Home Port:
Bosnia-Herzegovina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #12 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 14:24:33 ('t be edit'd Apr 7 2011, 14:33:36 by Vladimir Vasilina) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ April 7th 2011,12:43:57 )

No based on your attitude to the player, he should've read the guides but pointing out what he's doing wrong is better than saying read the f***ing newbie guide, indeed point it out but what you posted was just rude.

It is obviously miss-communication problem. Abbreviation RTFM is often used in industry I belong to, and very common. It is not taken as offensive. My mistake is in that I assumed it more wide spread that it is. For that I appologise for everyone offended.

BTW, I did point exact sentence explaining at what point tires should be choosed.
IHMO, I will help better to someone pointing to guide, showing it is worth reading than just saying "choose your tires during Q1".
Martin Temple
(Squadron Rookie - 141)

Postin's: 46
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #13 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 14:37:12 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Maarten T`Kindt @ April 7th 2011,12:13:49 )

They should create one more when Q'ing on wrong tyres (rain/dry).

i wish as thats what i just did in my Q2 i forgot/didnt realize as i was rushing that you have to change tyre's each Q well i guess i might get some overtaking done :)
Chinmay Dhopate
(Squadron Rookie - 115)

Postin's: 7750
  Home Port:
India 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #14 Spake upon Apr 7 2011, 16:52:25 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Tomas Dederle @ April 7th 2011,12:07:50 )

This is pretty common mistake. Admins should imo create a pop-up window activated when first practice lap is done which will instruct the player about the need of carefull choice of tyre compounds for quali 1.
For those who are not familiar with all the rules before their first race (imo not abnormal situation) this would mean not spoilt race.

The others would have the chance to click the option "Do not display this message again"

I agree with this. It would help the newer players a lot.
This Sheet [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Newbie forum > Help with the tyres needed Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber