This Sheet « 1 2 3 4 5 [6 Jump t' new sheet:
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: [F1] Melbourne 's many 's 155 answ'rs
Grant Crouch
(Squadron Pro - 11)

Postin's: 395
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #151 Spake upon Mar 18 2019, 03:55:37 Be quotin' 
I cant really watch the races when they happen since the time zones screw with me, but Ive always been a fan of Williams F1. Holy shnickes. If Melbourne is any indication, theyre going to be lucky to score a point. Clearly he backmarkers of F1. Hate seeing that. Been rooting for Williams since the Villanueve days...
Niek Nijboer
(Squadron Rookie - 80)

Postin's: 111
  Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #152 Spake upon Mar 18 2019, 07:16:21 Be quotin' 
Same here. Started early 90's watching F1. Loved the Williams and Mclaren's cars.. Senna's Williams car livery was my favorite and from then I was supporting Williams. With Villeneuve entering in 1996, after seeing him in the Indy lights series I had my favorite team and driver combination for a few years. Unfortunately for both after late 90's it was getting worse for them.

I don't expect any points for Williams this season. Kubica is no F1 material anymore, was the whole weekend the slowest and brushed his car a few times with the wall.

The money he brings in this year will be probably spend on fixing car parts.
Niek Nijboer
(Squadron Rookie - 80)

Postin's: 111
  Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #153 Spake upon Mar 18 2019, 07:19:01 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ March 17th 2019,14:28:19 )

In general it's Mercedes that is the strongest team everywhere. I don't think Melbourne sticks out as a Mercedes track. It does have the type of low-grip surface that Bottas seems to excel on (see Sochi 2017 where also dominated and it's also a low grip track).

About Hamilton's alleged floor damage I say pics or it didn't happen.

Exactly show the proof! Or it's a cheap way to take the credits from Bottas victory.

regarding the low grip tracks, it will be interesting as the coming 3 tracks will be low grip as well. If Bottas manage to show this performance I think we can have an interesting championship. No need to play Hamilton's wing man anymore and let them race each other like Rosberg did.
William Durant
(Squadron Master - 1)

Postin's: 90
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #154 Spake upon Mar 18 2019, 14:28:30 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Niek Nijboer @ March 18th 2019,07:19:01 )

Exactly show the proof! Or it's a cheap way to take the credits from Bottas victory

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-floor-damage-mer...

"Although this part is quite small, it is critical to the performance of the diffuser as it helps control the direction of the airflow around the rear tyre – and especially prevents airflow from spilling into the path of the diffuser"

Hamilton blames Kubica, so the Williams still has a purpose at the back :)
Mike Brummert
(Squadron Rookie - 184)

Postin's: 5012
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #155 Spake upon Mar 19 2019, 04:50:50 Be quotin' 
Quote ( José Marques @ March 17th 2019,13:18:24 )

Let's hope Bottas pulls a "Rosberg"

You want Bottas to turn into a little bitch?
Stuart Foster
(Squadron Rookie - 156)

Postin's: 12459
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #156 Spake upon Mar 24 2019, 21:58:11 ('t be edit'd Mar 24 2019, 22:01:04 by Stuart Foster) Be quotin' 
Quote ( José Marques @ March 17th 2019,13:18:24 )

Let's hope Bottas pulls a "Rosberg"

I don't think he can. There's a big difference between Bottas's level and the level Rosberg was racing in 2016. Bottas will basically need to repeat his Melbourne effort/mind set 21 times over in order to win the title. Now, Rosberg won a title because he remained fully focused all year and also, managed to get into Lewis's head in press conferences. I don't see Valtteri doing that. For starters, Lewis and Nico's competitiveness went all the way back to karting so the dynamic unfortunately is completely different. You could cut the atmosphere like a knife through butter in the majority of the races in 2016 when Lewis and Nico were in the cool down room before the podium celebrations. I don't see that kind of thing developing...and unless he gets into Lewis's head space, he won't win a title. And I don't see him doing that, he isn't going to be as consistent as Nico was in 2016...his performance was pretty much flawless that year bar maybe the odd race. I doubt Lewis will get the same kind of run of bad luck either like he did in that season.

This Sheet « 1 2 3 4 5 [6 Jump t' new sheet:

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber