This Sheet [12 3 » Jump t' new sheet:
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: Master press 's many 's 68 answ'rs
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Postin's: 14044
  Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (28)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #1 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:09:38 ('t be edit'd Feb 25 2013, 20:10:28 by Daneks Britāls) Be quotin' 
Well, hello and welcome to master press. So far only untouchable elites and total n00bs (like Lovell and Tansley) got their newspaper. So lets do it also for people who really deserve that - ones who are training a drivers for those champs.....Yes, yes about us. About masters of this game :)

You guess who will be first? You think Islentiev? Maybe Jon Day? No I got more famous, capable and so loved person....I mean Michael Winkley!

First tell us .... Wehn can elite? Or it's restricted to mods nowadays?

Hopefully next season, though I'm starting to get concerned about my apparent lack of pace. A DM, on the first lap of the first race of the season, doesn't help either.
A more appropriate question would be: wehn can get some driver motivation?
As for the Mod restriction...don't tell Christoph, as he has major plans for promotion in S36. If I don't get there, he will.
I pretty much turned down a probable promotion during that season where I retained on Pipirellis.

What do You think about master tire choice this season? It seems that people do not believe to another rain season....

Can't say that I was surprised that so few went for BY despite it being the best tyre available, as most people that have planned properly would be expecting to be able to promote on any tyre in any event, so the cheaper alternative was always going to be popular.
The weather is generated randomly, so anyone basing their tyre choice on this season not being wet, due to last season's being particularly wet, needs to have their head examined, or failing that should Google how probabilities actually work.
For me, choosing Yokos was almost certainly going to happen, having done piss-poorly during previous attempts at using Dunnos.

Here was interesting discussion about driver training in master in other thread...What do You think about keeping driver after promotion to elite? Is this tactic possible? Is it worth of doing?

You can't ask me about keeping drivers after getting to Elite because I have yet to even get there. ;p
Seriously though, I pay little to no attention to what is actually going on in Elite. Never have. I don't have any kind of masterplan to blow the field away when I get there. You just do what you've got to do, and sometimes you just wing it and hope for the best.
My only thoughts on that "bug" are that the person that found it would have had to have been pretty sad to waste so much of their time analysing crap that they resorted to looking for bizarre flaws in the most desperate of locations. L O S E R.

Would I retain my driver? Probably not. Despite being in a position to get to around 205oa after the season, my driver is serious lacking in talent, and his manager is lacking more than just talent. ;p

Will we see master picking one of expensive tire and promote with them in near future?

If you are in Master, and you choose to pick an expensive tyre, then Chips says "you better be relegating or resetting, cozotherwise you are a fool."
What do you actually gain by promoting at anything other than the lowest possible cost? Surely you have to do the bare minimum that is required, otherwise you are probably just kidding yourself at your chances of making the leapup into Elite.

What you can tell about your team? Wehn can enter top?

We have a time-machine. No-one knows where the keys are for it though. Last we heard, Dan Neumann had them with him on a night out. He only remembers waking up naked next to a tractor.
We are a top team. Our track record for team loyalty is pretty much second to none. No-one has ever left us to join another team during my time at the team.
We've developed shit loads of tools, but now we are getting fat and lazy; technically it is "fatter and lazier" as wehave always been fat and lazy. Most teams seem to exhibit similar traits by the sound of things. The most important factor is that we are all happy ripping the piss out of each other at every possible opportunity. We do cry about it sometimes, but we all kiss and make up. Dan likes to kiss butt.

If You must use own money...Would You put it on Agas to be the champion with odds 1:1.01? :D

I'd never bet on anything that was that badly priced. Makes no sense to have to wait 8 weeks for a 1% return on investment. Who is he BTW?

Do You moderating your own group thread? Maybe your team forum? Moderating is fun or job?

I leave Christoph to moderate the M4 group forum...he's mre popular than I am there. I all do is whinge about randoms, start crashes, DMs, ginger people, etc etc.
I've only ever censored one team forum post, and that was only because I could sniff a mutiny onboard the good ship Timeless. That bloody fake German again. You know which one...the second best Rookie in my team.
I still like to think that Vlad needs his head examined for making me a Mod. All I had to do to get the position was heavily questioning a poor moderating decision against me. The conversation went something like:
Vlad: "so you think that you can do a better job of moderating than the existing moderators?"
Me: "do they actually do anything? I've seen more life in a tramps vest. Wehn do I start?"
Vlad: "5 minutes ago."
Me: "How many 'free' bans am I allowed to make without proper justifications?"
Vlad: "Jimmy, Frosty, and Keeney...as often as you like, for whatever reason you like."

(disclaimer: Some of that conversation never actually happened, though some did)

Now tell us about your future plans? What you will do to enter elite and win it? Ans what You will do to win GPRO Oscar special award?

When I get to Elite, the first thing that I will do is a forum search for all of those comments made by the haters that said that I would never get there. Cheeky bastards.
To get there, my plans are pretty simple; press a few keys on the keyboard (cheat codes available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ ), then cross my fingers and hope that Test Account is doing what I programmed it to do.
Oscars on TV, Oscars on GPRO, Oscars on trial. Can we talk about something else please? I've had enough of Oscar for one week.
Jed Lilly
(Squadron Amateur - 60)

Postin's: 21446
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #2 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:24:05 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ February 25th 2013,20:09:38 )

I still like to think that Vlad needs his head examined for making me a Mod.

I agree :P
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 33335
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #3 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:27:12 ('t be edit'd Feb 25 2013, 20:28:17 by Michael Winkley) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ February 25th 2013,20:24:05 )

I agree :P

That is the beauty of dictatorships; the boss man doesn't give a monkey what you think.
You are merely a number, 59836.
Jed Lilly
(Squadron Amateur - 60)

Postin's: 21446
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #4 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:29:42 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ February 25th 2013,20:27:12 )

That is the beauty of dictatorships; the boss man doesn't give a monkey what you think.

Isn't democracy a wonderful thing :)
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #5 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:30:38 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ February 25th 2013,20:29:42 )

No!
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #6 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:31:19 Be quotin' 
LOL

##vote anarchy
Vladimir Alexandrov
(Buccaneer)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 8596
  Home Port:
Bulgaria 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #7 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:33:40 Be quotin' 

I still like to think that Vlad needs his head examined for making me a Mod

You turned out pretty well with a couple of small exceptions. After all we had to fill the shoes of Toni M. with someone sooner or later :)
Jensen Owens
(Squadron Amateur - 33)

Postin's: 6400
  Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #8 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:35:56 ('t be edit'd Feb 25 2013, 20:47:23 by Jensen Owens) Be quotin' 
great read cheers Dankes and Winkley :-)
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #9 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:38:27 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jensen Owens @ February 25th 2013,20:35:56 )

great read cheers Dank and winkley :-)

I'm a little offended that I didn't get a capital W on my name, Jonson.
Dank? English only on the forums please...and its danke BTW. ;p
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 6825
  Home Port:
Austria 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #10 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:39:07 Be quotin' 
Haha, great interview, love it :D

Can we expect more of those Daneks?
Rogerio Pereira
(Squadron Master - 3)

Postin's: 3346
  Home Port:
Brazil 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #11 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:41:11 Be quotin' 
Nice stuff. Nicely handled Daneks and Michael.

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ February 25th 2013,20:39:07 )

That would be something to look after.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Squadron Amateur - 60)

Postin's: 6153
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #12 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:42:28 Be quotin' 
Wehn Daneks Elite again? :P
Theo Poufinas
(Squadron Master - 3)

Postin's: 3969
  Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #13 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:42:29 Be quotin' 
Me next! I'll win the next 16 races in M3! :D
Michał Kożuchowski
(Squadron Master - 2)

Postin's: 2451
  Home Port:
Poland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #14 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:43:44 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Theo Poufinas @ February 25th 2013,20:42:29 )

Me next! I'll win the next 16 races in M3! :D

He will interview you when you really do that :P
Marius Ruţa
(Squadron Master - 1)

Postin's: 8139
  Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #15 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:45:40 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Michał Kożuchowski @ February 25th 2013,20:43:44 )

He will interview you when you really do that :P

Looks like you`re never getting interviewed, Theo. :P
Leonardo Bittencourt
(Squadron Master - 2)

Postin's: 990
  Home Port:
Brazil 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #16 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:45:45 Be quotin' 
Pro press incoming in 3... 2... 1... ;)

What do you actually gain by promoting at anything other than the lowest possible cost?

Stats, we love stats, why else do people race for if not for stats?!!?! :)

I am certainly willing to spend a few extra if that will give me wins more fun.
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #17 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:47:15 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Leonardo Bittencourt @ February 25th 2013,20:45:45 )

You meant "ProPlus"... ;P
Theo Poufinas
(Squadron Master - 3)

Postin's: 3969
  Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #18 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:48:34 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Marius Ruţa @ February 25th 2013,20:45:40 )

Looks like you`re never getting interviewed, Theo. :P

Ok then, that's fine, I'll do a 17 win streak then, and then in Elite a 17 win streak again, and be the first Elite champ with 17 wins/FL/Poles in a season! :D
Marius Ruţa
(Squadron Master - 1)

Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #19 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:49:11 ('t be edit'd Feb 25 2013, 20:50:14 by Marius Ruţa) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Theo Poufinas @ February 25th 2013,20:48:34 )

Ok then, that's fine, I'll do a 17 win streak then, and then in Elite a 17 win streak again, and be the first Elite champ with 17 wins/FL/Poles in a season! :D

And then the alarm rings and you wake up. :P
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #20 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 20:53:16 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ February 25th 2013,20:39:07 )

Yes. In a hour!
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #21 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 21:00:43 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ February 25th 2013,20:42:28 )

Wehn Daneks Elite again? :P

Only when I manage the driver. I will not promote without a driver egardless of what others think :D
Marius Ruţa
(Squadron Master - 1)

Home Port:
Romania 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #22 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 21:24:50 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Leonardo Bittencourt @ February 25th 2013,20:45:45 )

Someone should do an Amateur press and interview George Daniel. :>)
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Squadron Rookie - 102)

Postin's: 22386
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #23 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 21:34:02 Be quotin' 
I would suggest interviewing Marcus Sandberg... because he has been around since the game started. Not just because he is a sciroccian
Rui Morais
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 3921
  Home Port:
Portugal 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #24 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 21:40:14 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jed Lilly @ February 25th 2013,20:29:42 )

As long as there's a democracy, I'm the one in charge here... hehehe
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (8)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #25 Spake upon Feb 25 2013, 22:24:13 Be quotin' 
Michał Kożuchowski /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=227644
Master - 2
Position 2nd
Points 8
Team Barows Motorsport /gb/TeamProfile.asp?TeamId=599

At first congratz with you promotion to elite. Was fun to race with You.

I think it's rather extremal from you to make such conclusions after just one lucky race I had :) But it's not a secret I will try to promote this season. First race was rather lucky, my pace wasn't good, but I successfully blocked Olympus Racing duo for the most of the race and so I achieved what I wanted. This season will be tough, that's for sure!

It is only your 10th season and You are already on your way to elite. Youngster maximalism?

Yes :D What more can I say? I went too fast through the levels and didn't taste the real racing in every group... To every group I went not prepared, with a thought to relegate in my first season. But somehow I always had the luck and maybe some good word from the many friends I met here, nobody knows exactly why... I had propably the worst staff ever seen in Master last season and if I promote to Elite, I will surely have the worst staff ever in Elite :D Anyway I started the training so it's not looking that bad now.

Tell please more about master tire choices please. Why You picked most popular tire instead of BY?

Before the season I was sure I will not take BY's in any way, if they maintain their price and I hoped BY won't get any additional dry points. There is one simple reason for that - my driver is a lazy prick and gets 2,8M a race! It's too much I know, but he is the only thing I have so I couldn't reject his salary :>

What do You expect from elite? Will You keep your driver?

I expect a nice season, not stressful, for me at least :) It is surely the biggest dream of every rookie to race in a group where everyone is watching your race and talking in the forums about what's going on there. And hey! There are 40 best managers in GPRO! I think it will be one season of wonderful experience. I will not keep my driver and while he is all I have, I will be forced to make my way back to lower leagues.

Tell us more about your team. Who the hell they are?

It's a very interesting question :) We are a bunch of guys, 3 teams actually. There are some really helpful guys, some harsh and some having period's :D Seriously I enjoy my stay in Barows Motorsport, even though I think I'm one of the most motivated managers there. They usually have enough of my spamming the team shoutbox, but I can't stop asking about lot of things. What can I tell you more? We are thinking of a surprise for you for a season I won't tell now, but be aware to find us in the TOP20 one day :D

What managers You respect the most? From whom You learned to play this game well?

Now I have to tell you the names or just the type of managers I respect? I respect all managers actually, may have some arguements on Polish forums with people making laugh of me because I'm only 15. I think looking at my age and attacking me only because of that is the sign someone is losing. I met many good friends on GPRO, mostly playing the Silly Games which really puts people together :) I know I can't write all of them as there are lots and I don't want someone to be missed. The guys I like know about it and that is enough in my opinion ;)

I learned the game mostly from Polish managers, also outside of my team. I want to give special thanks to Alex Herban, my Pro-11 rival, with whom I can have a really good talk and he is always likely to help :) And I have to say I was the biggest fanboy of Davi Freitas last season :) Congratz again mate!

Still I doubt I know the game well, I'm just a newbie who is in Master - nothing more :) It's true that Pro,Master experience gives you a lot, but it's not what makes you a good manager :)

Wehn can see your face?

When I get one :D Actually I thought about uploading a face, but as a perfectionist I didn't want it to be not good(the picture not my face :D). I hope to upload one when I get 16, so I won't be attacked by some pedophiles[we have molestors here :D]

Thanks for your time...

Thank you too for the interview and wish me good luck with the promotion season :)
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #26 Spake upon Feb 26 2013, 08:56:19 Be quotin' 
Something else interesting is coming soon......
Mark Webster
(Squadron Pro - 17)

Postin's: 10727
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #27 Spake upon Feb 26 2013, 09:00:28 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ February 25th 2013,20:33:40 )

You turned out pretty well with a couple of small exceptions. After all we had to fill the shoes of Toni M. with someone sooner or later :)

Nee-naw Nee-naw Nee-naw

(That's the sound of the crazy police coming to pick Vlad up and take him to hospital for immediate surgery). =P
Daneks Britāls
(Squadron Master - 2)

Home Port:
Latvia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (9)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #28 Spake upon Feb 26 2013, 09:10:37 Be quotin' 
Fernando Rees /gb/ManagerProfile.asp?IDM=185313
Master - 4
Position 27th
Points 0
Team The Overtakers /gb/TeamProfile.asp?TeamId=434

Well, at first I would like to congratulate You with finally reaching real racing in this game.....I mean master. How do You feel here?

Thanks. So far there's nothing special about it. Only did one race in Master, so it's too early to know. However, I noticed that ego starts to play a bigger role in forums and discussions, but it does not change much in relation to competition or strategy, so it matters little. ;)

Master level is 2nd best in this game. Can we say now that You are better in gpro than in RL racing like we all mortal people?

Not yet. I'm racing in real life at the highest level of the kind of racing that I chose to devote my career to, so unfortunately there's no way that I can be better in GPRO than in real life. Not even if I win the championship in Elite. In this case, it would be at best the same, because I also won the FIA world tittle in endurance in 2012. So... no, unfortunately I'm better in real life racing than in GPRO at this moment. But even, I earn much more money in real life racing than anyone earns managing teams in Elite, so maybe I'll stick with the real racing for a little while more.

When You plan your gpro career on what You focuse more? Economics, technical package or driver?

Main focus is still learning from my mistakes, instead of blaming the game system, or the tricky weather. I've seen many people blaming the game system or the weather last season, and it wasn't a good decision because they simply did not learn from what they did wrong. But among the three choices you gave me, I would say main focus is the driver now. My personal challenge is to take this driver I contracted in Rookie level up to Elite level. When I fail, I'll try again with a different one.

Are You surprized about masters tire choice this season? Why You picked most popular tire?

I'm not surprised. I believe that last season many people underestimated their competitors and now they're more aware. It happened in my team as well, with people not being able to retain in Master. Why I picked the most popular tire? Hummm... my guess is that because of last season, when I already had them, some people used me now as an example and followed my lead. ;)

What You expect from this season?

I expect to maintain myself in Master. This is the number one challenge now.

Wehn can enter elite and show to Sereno what is real racer?

I don't think it will ever happen. I mean, to reach Elite maybe. But I'm learning from Leandro, and I'm well aware that he's so much better in this game that it would be silly to believe I could challenge him any time in the near future.

Tell about your team. Is it possible to see them in champ fights in near future?

We're doing better and better every season. It will take some seasons more until our team planning becomes effective, but we're all moving together in that direction. We hope to have half of our team in Elite in some seasons. If this works out - and no one in the team decides to leave GPRO for personal reasons - then we'll be really well.

If You was an admin - what You would do (if anything) to make the game even more close to reality?

Change the overtaking and blocking system. I would reduce the impact of not being able to overtake slower cars. I would make that factor less significant. It seems like being blocked or blocking someone is the most important part of strategy, and it shouldn't be so.

Thank You fo your time.....

My pleasure. Thanks for your time, too. Have a good day.
Razak Hafizudin
(Squadron Amateur - 57)

Postin's: 744
  Home Port:
Malaysia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #29 Spake upon Feb 26 2013, 09:30:56 Be quotin' 
A very humble answer, nice interview, thumbs up :)
Michael Winkley
(Squadron Master - 4)

Home Port:
Wales 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #30 Spake upon Feb 26 2013, 10:36:47 ('t be edit'd Feb 26 2013, 10:39:45 by Michael Winkley) Be quotin' 
Hands up if you clicked the link I provided....
Or just thumb up this post if you'd like to retain a modicum of anonymity. ;)
This Sheet [12 3 » Jump t' new sheet:

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber