This Sheet « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Jump t' new sheet:
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: Formula E. 's many 's 562 answ'rs
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Amateur - 59)

Postin's: 6125
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #540 Spake upon May 11 2019, 17:38:05 Be quotin' 
Gutted for Bird - has there been a replay of what happened to him yet???

Hoping that Rowland can keep getting podiums, given how crazy this season has been :D
Kyle Morris
(Squadron Pro - 7)

Postin's: 6688
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #541 Spake upon May 11 2019, 17:40:58 Be quotin' 
He apparently said he was hit from behind, but there hasn't been any footage yet. Not even sure if there is any investigations either. Gutted for him also cause he is probably one of my favourite drivers to watch in FE yet he has had 0 luck these past 4 races with being taken out of them
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Amateur - 59)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #542 Spake upon May 11 2019, 17:43:50 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Kyle Morris @ May 11th 2019,17:40:58 )

He apparently said he was hit from behind, but there hasn't been any footage yet. Not even sure if there is any investigations either. Gutted for him also cause he is probably one of my favourite drivers to watch in FE yet he has had 0 luck these past 4 races with being taken out of them

Yep he's only had bad luck the last few races :|

Rowland now top Brit in the standings it seems.
Kyle Morris
(Squadron Pro - 7)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #543 Spake upon Jul 7 2019, 14:01:15 Be quotin' 
https://www.facebook.com/490941397612413/posts/2573990632640...

This is actually really good xD
Kyle Morris
(Squadron Pro - 7)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #544 Spake upon Jul 13 2019, 22:33:04 ('t be edit'd Jul 13 2019, 22:56:29 by Kyle Morris) Be quotin' 
Bird has gotten shafted again...

Don't think there has been a rubbish race this season :o Which more could be said for F1
And people seriously still don't like FE?? Its just so much better than F1 now!
Dominik Karda
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Postin's: 5425
  Home Port:
Czech Republic 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #545 Spake upon Jul 13 2019, 23:10:56 Be quotin' 
I have never ever seen so much carnage in a race
Mike Baston
(Squadron Elite)

Postin's: 1905
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #546 Spake upon Jul 14 2019, 00:17:14 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Dominik Karda @ July 13th 2019,23:10:56 )

I have never ever seen so much carnage in a race

The cars are defo more durable & can take a punt or two.
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Amateur - 59)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #547 Spake upon Jul 14 2019, 22:28:40 Be quotin' 
Yes you heard correctly - I tweeted in "The Maastricht Master" as a suggestion to the Formula E commentator and that just got read out live on air :D :D :D
Steven Gray
(Squadron Amateur - 36)

Postin's: 2020
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #548 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 09:41:38 ('t be edit'd Apr 25 2021, 09:43:11 by Steven Gray) Be quotin' 
We can all relate to this on GPRO. When your fuel hits 0% and there's still a few laps to go! :)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/motorsport/56874157
Kyle Morris
(Squadron Pro - 3)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #549 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 10:18:24 Be quotin' 
Yesterday's race was hilariously bad at the end. Its the first time I've thought that it was a joke. Like I understand why the rules are in place and all that, but its a bit if a jump being on 25% to 3% losing 6kw after that last safety car
Shame cause it spoiled a great race (except they haven't got a decent way of getting cars out of the gravel without safety car, guess that's 1 negative about permanent circuits vs street circuits)
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #550 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 12:44:29 Be quotin' 
Totally agree that the scenario was a joke, but to say that the whole series is a joke I don't agree with.

Should we all have stopped watching F1 races in 2005 after the farce that was Indy that year? 1 bad race (and btw - was watching live and, while admittedly the Formula E was farcical, it was gripping entertainment!) does not define a series.

I'll be watching today's race live as well, as it's always exciting racing action in the series - so rarely a dull race!
Josh Clark
(Squadron Elite)

Postin's: 6666
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #551 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 13:36:35 ('t be edit'd Apr 25 2021, 13:46:45 by Josh Clark) Be quotin' 
I don't think it's farcicle at all either tbh, it's absolutely great entertainment :)

I don't like watching the series at all. It takes the parts of racing I love the most and replaces it with quirks. I would probably watch a larger percentage of the Nürburgring 24h than an e-prix because that's the kind of racing content I can't get enough of - high speed, limits of the car, well thought out overtakes and manoeuvres, and entire teams of people working round the clock before and during the races to get the absolutely optimal results.

But I'm not an elitist idiot. Though I won't watch it it's obvious that Formula E is a great sport. The show is entertaining and exciting, the drivers are world-class and are obviously loving it, and it's an amazing pit of technological R&D that can only have a positive affect on the world and the future. I can obviously understand why some racing fans wouldn't watch, but saying it's bad entertainment or a joke is just incorrect.

I'm not aiming that at anyone by the way, I know Kyle didn't call the series a joke. Just venting about what I've seen die-hard racing fans say elsewhere :P
Kyle Morris
(Squadron Pro - 3)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #552 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 14:17:17 ('t be edit'd Apr 25 2021, 14:18:02 by Kyle Morris) Be quotin' 
I mean I prefer formula e over F1. Its more entertaining and exciting to watch than F1. The only reason I'm missing todays race is cause I'm working. Yesterday though, if a neutral had watched it, they would've been instantly put off cause the would think its a whole farce, especially the elitist that say formula e is never gonna be like F1, despite F1 not having the same levels of actions (except these first 2 races)

If what I said did come out as the whole series is a joke then it wasn't intended that way, just last race :)
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #553 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 15:00:56 Be quotin' 
Yep I also didn't think you meant the series was a joke Kyle (just to be clear), but making sure no-one else reading it would think that either.

I love F1 (watched every race since 1994) and there's nothing quite like it - but I also love Formula E, given that it is entirely based around the fans and is designed to be great entertainment. Incidentally, their qualifying process is fantastic - everyone has to start in groups based on championship position, with the top drivers in the championship going out first. That means the track is not rubberered in as much, but that is the only disadvantage - and regularly means championship contenders start down the order...so you have to overtake (which is doable at every track in Formula E!) in order to win the title overall.

Having attended every single British round of Formula E, it's not only brilliant for motorsports fans but I've been with both of my wives over the years (separately obvs lol!) and both had a great time, despite neither liking motorsports!

Helps that it takes place in cities, so much easier to sell the idea to a missus too lol :P
Cameron Halsall
(Squadron Amateur - 25)

Postin's: 1104
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #554 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 15:02:56 Be quotin' 
Nah, FE was and always has been a marketing gimmick so that Di Caprio et al can feel good about themselves, the tracks are unremarkable and dull, half the drivers are F1 rejects, the cars have virtually no cornering speed and sound like crap, and they look even worse, and as yesterday's race confirmed the whole system of giving drivers mandated high power periods is a farce.
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #555 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 19:03:24 Be quotin' 
Have you ever been to a Formula E race Cameron? Come back to me when you have; honestly such a great experience and all wrapped around the fans and their experience.

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 25th 2021,15:02:56 )

the tracks are unremarkable and dull

I agree with you on this - the tracks aren't the star of the show (as they are in F1); the racing and the spectacle are. It was a double header this weekend and in a race with 0 safety cars or weather affliction the Top 3 teams in the Championship scored 0 points. When can you ever remember that happening in F1?!?

It's not better than F1, but it's not crap just because it's different and prioritises fan involvement.
Cameron Halsall
(Squadron Amateur - 25)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #556 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 20:50:30 Be quotin' 
Which is another way of saying it's a gimmicky mess not determined by merit but by popularity. Anyone can put on a decent event with enough resources, spectacle and precautions. Formula E has a ridiculous turnover rate for tracks mostly because of fan interest. You would think they could manage to hold a race in London consistently but no, the first attempt was in the middle of a park (who on earth thought that was a good idea) and now they can't hold another one because there might be a hospital where the course should go.
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #557 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 20:57:28 Be quotin' 
It's not without issues - but like I say, I presume you haven't actually been to an event? Genuinely brilliant fun and really enjoyable, plus you get incredibly close to the action too.
Cameron Halsall
(Squadron Amateur - 25)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #558 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 21:03:48 Be quotin' 
Like I said, event management doesn't make for a good sport. It's a nessecary part of the organisation if you want to be successfull but ultimately people don't pay for short queues and good commentary. These are things you would expect to find at all live events but nobody goes to Wrestlemania because they want to see a fair fight.
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #559 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 21:43:14 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ April 25th 2021,21:03:48 )

event management doesn't make for a good sport.

It also doesn't make for a bad one either...in fact, Formula E is one of the few non-spec series that the drivers can make a real difference in, even if the car isn't stellar.

Given how the race weekends unfold, the drivers get far less time to learn the circuits (meaning more accidents/slower pace for the worse drivers), so being more naturally talented pays dividends.

If you are in one of the top 2 F1 teams, you will qualify at worst about 5th-6th on the grid most races. After the race start, you end up usually without traffic and setting your own lap times without pressure from behind. Not every driver in every race...but often.

In Formula E that just doesn't happen - indeed, they have got the series to a closer and more defined form of racing. What you call "gimmicky", I call "being able to produce an excellent racing series without the burden of people constantly trotting out the arguments around 'but we've never done it that way before'." I wouldn't want F1 to change, but that doesn't make Formula E bad just because it's different.

And it happens to contribute to saving the planet (not a priority for me, if I'm really honest), which is nice too.
Ricardo Antunes
(Squadron Pro - 18)

Postin's: 2565
  Home Port:
Portugal 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (5)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #560 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 21:47:48 Be quotin' 
I might be shot down with a sniper for this, but i find Formula E much more entretaining than Formula One to watch. I can actually watch a full Formula E race without getting bored, the same doesn't happen with Formula One in most races
Jonathan Beagles
(Squadron Pro - 20)

Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #561 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 21:50:28 Be quotin' 

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 25th 2021,21:47:48 )

I might be shot down with a sniper for this, but i find Formula E much more entretaining than Formula One to watch. I can actually watch a full Formula E race without getting bored, the same doesn't happen with Formula One in most races

Precisely - and a large part of that is because they have not been constrained by manufacturer demands or history, like in F1.

Again - I love F1 and there's nothing like it...but I agree with Ricardo; Formula E is way more entertaining on a consistent basis.
Ricardo Antunes
(Squadron Pro - 18)

Postin's: 2565
  Home Port:
Portugal 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #562 Spake upon Apr 25 2021, 21:53:32 Be quotin' 
Also partially because there is a Portuguese driver, who happens to be the champion :P
This Sheet « 1 2 3 ... 17 18 [19 Jump t' new sheet:

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber