Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Bug forum > Limited access mode - past race analysis Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet [1
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: Limited access mode - past race analysis 's many 's 15 answ'rs
Miel Soeterbroek
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Postin's: 3107
  Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #1 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 19:16:15 ('t be edit'd Jan 22 2019, 19:17:11 by Miel Soeterbroek) Be quotin' 
Is there any particular reason i don't have access to my past race analysis pages in Limited Access mode?

As the account setting header states:
Limited access password - use this password when using third party tools, it grants access only to your race related data and keeps your private data safe

I would suspect past race data can be categorised as "race related data"... As long i was a supporter during the races targeted, obviously.

For a moment i suspected supporter-only data is hidden everywhere in limited-access mode, but checked ccp history, past testing and s&f history and they're all available, so it seems limited to past race analysis pages only.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Squadron Amateur - 6)

Postin's: 2728
  Home Port:
Mexico 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #2 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 19:20:51 Be quotin' 
Limited access is quite similar to Holiday mode where you can't see the managers previous data only the current data and the race before.

So it is not really surprising for me that it works like that.
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
Postin's: 17136
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #3 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 19:21:54 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 22nd 2019,19:16:15 )

Is there any particular reason i don't have access to my past race analysis pages in Limited Access mode?

To limit the access to said data to holidayers and server based team tools I suspect.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #4 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 19:57:57 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ January 22nd 2019,19:20:51 )

where you can't see the managers previous data only the current data

As stated, many other bits of historical data are available.

Quote ( Florencia Caro @ January 22nd 2019,19:21:54 )

To limit the access to said data to holidayers and server based team tools I suspect.

The only reason i'd see here is one of server loads and traffic. It's true that the race analysis page is size-wise one of the bigger ones on gpro, but it dwarfs compared to the data swinging back and forth on the live race screen (to name one). It's also pretty similar in size to the group sponsor pages, to name another one.

But all of the above (related to size, traffic, bandwidth) doesn't really apply to the nature of the data: historic, immutable data. If tools grab these, i presume they're grabbed once and only once. It's not something that is fetched every race.

Additionally, it's perfectly fine to grab these locally with the full access account, which also renders the bandwidth argument moot in my opinion.

I just don't get the discrepancies here. Both in terms of historic vs actual and supporter vs non-supporter :D
George Slater4
(Squadron Pro - 9)

Postin's: 603
  Home Port:
Canada 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #5 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 19:59:46 Be quotin' 

To holiday your account though you should use the account holiday feature and not limited access mode.

As for server-based team tools, isn't that the point of limited access mode? Why would some data be available to be collected by those tools while other data (past race analysis in this case) not be available?
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #6 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:09:13 ('t be edit'd Jan 22 2019, 20:10:15 by Florencia Caro) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 22nd 2019,19:57:57 )

related to size, traffic, bandwidth)

Depends on how the tools are coded, there's always someone lazy enough to code a tool to crawl and save all supporter-saved past races every single time the tool runs :D. and that is not as static as you claim, I still have 20-30 races I could buy with supporter credits where I wasn't a supporter, and my team tool would collect it if I bought those.

But the strongest argument here is privacy, as I see it: if you want to share EVERYTHING, then you have the local full access password run-save option, as you mentioned. Limited access needs to be limited, if it means you share your full historic race data, I wouldn't call it limited access at all :D
Ania Piekarska
(Squadron Amateur - 9)

Postin's: 713
  Home Port:
Poland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #7 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:10:56 Be quotin' 

To limit the access to said data to holidayers

A little off topic, but is this necessary? When holidaying another account, I find it very useful to check previous races on the same track. They are often more useful than my own races if the other manager is in a different league or has a different taste in gameplay (like tyre supplier, driver stat distribution, car state).
Miel Soeterbroek
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #8 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:12:55 ('t be edit'd Jan 22 2019, 20:13:33 by Miel Soeterbroek) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ January 22nd 2019,20:09:13 )

Limited access needs to be limited, if it means you share your full historic race data, I wouldn't call it limited access at all :D

I quoted the damn description of limited access for a reason! :D
Limited to race-related data. Which this is.

And if limited means limited to current state only, that'd also be fine. But the full-on access to staff history, ccp history, testing history, economy history and captain floppycock knows what else seems to contradict this.

I just hate discrepancies ;)
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #9 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:21:44 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 22nd 2019,20:12:55 )

And if limited means limited to current state only, that'd also be fine. But the full-on access to staff history, ccp history, testing history, economy history and captain floppycock knows what else seems to contradict this.

I just hate discrepancies ;)

Be careful with what you wish for :D

Quote ( Ania Piekarska @ January 22nd 2019,20:10:56 )

A little off topic
Not off-topic at all.

I think it's a matter of taste, really; I believe a manager with your skill is perfectly capable of holidaying an account without any past races data :) , but you'd still prefer to see that for reassurement :D

I do think fresher managers would find it useful as a reference, for the sole fact they lack data volume in general. So I might support the idea.
Alexei Malkin
(Squadron Amateur - 37)

Postin's: 2615
  Home Port:
Russian Federation 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #10 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:25:37 Be quotin' 
I'll be very short: +1 to Miel
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #11 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:27:51 Be quotin' 
May I remind you that fresher managers use Limited Access password with 3rd party apps, and not team tools? GO and blacklisted sites, mainly.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #12 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:33:18 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ January 22nd 2019,20:27:51 )

May I remind you that fresher managers use Limited Access password with 3rd party apps, and not team tools? GO and blacklisted sites, mainly.

And that is a risk anyway. Not specifically related to past race data, is it?
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #13 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:39:40 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 22nd 2019,20:33:18 )

Not specifically related to past race data, is it?
Agree, but it's still a big part. I really wouldn't like to "see" how a blacklisted site accesses all past data with one login, while a manager decides not to use that site again and has only logged in there once.
Alexei Malkin
(Squadron Amateur - 37)

Postin's: 2615
  Home Port:
Russian Federation 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #14 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:40:16 ('t be edit'd Jan 22 2019, 20:41:01 by Alexei Malkin) Be quotin' 
I don't see any serious problem.
But if you're scary (I mean all admins team), allow it for all managers from top-100 teams or top-50 or only cat teams for example. It's not fair but it can be a solution. Just an example.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Squadron Pro - 21)

Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #15 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:41:32 Be quotin' 
True, but (in fear of going in circles here) that also applies to testing history. Which is as 'valuable' as race data.
Florencia Caro
(Squadron Amateur - 69)

Buccaneer o' Offic'r
  Home Port:
Argentina 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #16 Spake upon Jan 22 2019, 20:44:31 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ January 22nd 2019,20:40:16 )

I don't see any serious problem.
But if you're scary (I mean all admins team), allow it for all managers from top-100 teams or top-50 or only cat teams for example. It's not fair but it can be a solution. Just an example.

Or create "Team Limited Access" :D

Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 22nd 2019,20:41:32 )

True, but (in fear of going in circles here) that also applies to testing history. Which is as 'valuable' as race data.

Without driver, car and other related data? I do not think so :)
This Sheet [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Bug forum > Limited access mode - past race analysis Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber