Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Off topic forum > Will you be getting the Covid Vaccine? Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list
This Sheet « 1 [23 ... 7 8 9 » Jump t' new sheet:
Jabb'r votin'
Will you be taking the Covid 19 vaccine?
Yer be needin' t' Sign in t' be votin' o' seein' th' poll scores
Thi' Captain Spake Jabb'r: Will you be getting the Covid Vaccine? 's many 's 262 answ'rs
Helmut Heiter
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 29
  Home Port:
Austria 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #31 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 01:40:51 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ January 5th 2021,23:56:56 )

The vaccines which are being rolled out in the next few days have been scarcely tested and have presented major side effects for those who take it. Will you take the risk and take the Covid vaccine if it will allow you to return to normal life quicker?

Interesting opinion. What is your profession? Do you have special knowledge? Why do you believe that one of the vaccines will allow you t to return to the old world?

James Hitchen
(Squadron Amateur - 50)

Postin's: 592
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (13)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #32 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 02:00:15 Be quotin' 
Might as well drop in on this thread. I’ll make this post more personal opinion.

I will get a vaccine when it comes round to it, I’m not a priority, I’ve already had COVID nearly 9 months ago so really I feel safe without it for the timing being. I’m aware I may not have built a natural immunity to it from when I had it and don’t wish to have it again. I got unlucky by showing symptoms to a fairly high extent. I’d rather not risk that again, not being able to breath in the middle of the night was not enjoyable, luckily my flatmate was actually around at the time, and neither was the sheer fatigue and tiredness I had. I was sleeping 13 hours a day and could hardly move around. The lack of taste and smell meant I had no interest in eating and I lost about 6kg over the 3 weeks around it. I still feel the effects now, despite being a fairly physically fit person with no underlying health conditions, I now struggle for breath when doing anything physically intense. It’s slowly improving but is very obvious still. Excercise which would have been fairly routine this time last year is a struggle for me now.

I tjink my personal experience does leave me a lil shocked people pass up on a vaccine so willingly when that can be the alternative. I know I’m the minority in showing symptoms, and of the 4 people I lived with who also got it, I was by far the worst, but it still could happen. I was the healthiest out of them all by a long way and have a pretty good record when it comes to getting ill. So yeah, each to their own I guess.
Josh Clark
(Squadron Elite)

Postin's: 6667
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (6)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #33 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 02:00:41 Be quotin' 

The vaccines which are being rolled out in the next few days have been scarcely tested and have presented major side effects for those who take it.

Please post sources if you're going to spread this sort of news.

I'll post a source while I'm at it. Take from it what you will. The best thing to do in these types of situations is to remain open-minded and not fall victim to biased rumours.
https://www.scotsman.com/health/coronavirus/oxford-covid-vac...
Cameron Halsall
(Squadron Amateur - 25)

Postin's: 1104
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #34 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 02:05:28 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ January 6th 2021,01:00:10 )

Quote ( Cameron Halsall @ January 6th 2021,00:07:24 )

I won't be taking it, for one I think someone else will need it more, and also I think we will have to see what the long term side effects are if any. Not to mention I wouldn't put it past the powers that be to try to implement restrictions based on who's had it and who hasn't, a gross violation of the Nuremberg Code.
You're not getting that oscar Cameron, stop trying. Especially when the topic being discussed is actually important.

I agree, potential violations of medical ethics is actually very important.
Graham Mercer
(Squadron Pro - 25)

Postin's: 2009
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (15)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #35 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 02:07:14 Be quotin' 

The vaccines which are being rolled out in the next few days have been scarcely tested and have presented major side effects for those who take it. Will you take the risk and take the Covid vaccine if it will allow you to return to normal life quicker?

What a biased crock of shit.
1. They have been extensively tested.
2. There have been some side effects in a very small portion of recipients.

Your post is so distorted by your biased presentation that it is worthless.
Jay De Snoo
(Squadron Pro - 11)

Postin's: 928
  Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (2)   Dislike this here post (4)
A old postin' #36 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 03:23:44 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 03:48:09 by Jay De Snoo) Be quotin' 
Can most of you start to get thinking a bit more logical please? Like one tries to solve the GPRO puzzle?

It's quite easy to calculate the chance being hospitalized for your age and country (without any additional cause, very very low) let alone die... I.e. for many <60/70 the risk of taking the vaccine ('cure') will be higher than the risk on the disease itself...

I don't care whatever whom decides, that's entirely up to them. And I expect the same from society...

Hence I do care about the rumours around non-vaccinated and their suppossed less privileges. If such ever becomes true, I WILL put a star (not that star cause of sensivity) on my coat regardless what 'status' I personally will have...
Josh Clark
(Squadron Elite)

Postin's: 6667
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (10)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #37 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 03:37:59 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 03:38:52 by Josh Clark) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ January 6th 2021,03:23:44 )

for many <60/70 the risk of taking the vaccine ('cure') will be higher than the risk on the desease itself...

And your source for that claim is...?

From my limited research, the vaccine has been successfully tested, causes few minor side effects, but no adverse side effects have been reported, which is no different to other successfully tested vaccines. And vaccinating those more susceptible to the effects of the virus would immensely reduce deaths, and vaccinating everyone else would significantly reduce the spread of the virus and allow normal life to resume faster. Therefore there is extremely low risk taking the vaccine, relatively speaking.

Versus...

Again, from limited research, the virus has killed a shit load of people, caused others lasting effects (see James' post above), and severely crippled countries in terms of productivity and economy.

Weighing up the pros and cons of my research, I'm not entirely sure how the hell you reached your conclusion Jay, but I'd be happy to change my mind if presented better research material :)
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Squadron Amateur - 88)

Postin's: 357
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #38 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 03:52:29 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ January 6th 2021,03:37:59 )

for many &lt;60/70 the risk of taking the vaccine ('cure') will be higher than the risk on the desease itself...
And your source for that claim is...?

From my limited research, the vaccine has been successfully tested, causes few minor side effects, but no adverse side effects have been reported, which is no different to other successfully tested vaccines. And vaccinating those more susceptible to the effects of the virus would immensely reduce deaths, and vaccinating everyone else would significantly reduce the spread of the virus and allow normal life to resume faster. Therefore there is extremely low risk taking the vaccine, relatively speaking.

Versus...

Again, from limited research, the virus has killed a shit load of people, caused others lasting effects (see James' post above), and severely crippled countries in terms of productivity and economy.

Weighing up the pros and cons of my research, I'm not entirely sure how the hell you reached your conclusion Jay, but I'd be happy to change my mind if presented better research material :)

There you go... trying to make sense and stuff... tisk tisk. just take my baseless claim its BAD and EVIL
Jonah Osiris
(Squadron Rookie - 140)

Postin's: 3
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #39 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 04:01:16 Be quotin' 
Quote ( George Togas @ January 6th 2021,01:35:21 )

There is a case here in Greece with the 2nd director of a publicbhospital that got the vaccine and 2 days later he has to enter the intensive care with extreme pneumonia symptoms.
Tested multiple times for Covid and he was always negative. No other viruses found.
He has been checked before he gets the vaccine for allergies or any other historical symptoms and it's easy to figure it out because of his position and role.
No nees from him good or bad the last 2 days.

On the other hand,I am not going to get the vaccine,as I haven't got any other vaccine or drug for many years, except of course from the mandatory childhood vaccines.
I am not against them. My daughter has got every single vaccine that she has to get till now and she will take more in the future.
I just feel strong enough and I have managed to stay health without drugs till now.
Except a very serious issue I faced 3 years ago. And it's gone (I hope).

See, the thing is -- and for some reason people struggle with this concept in just about every arena -- it's not about YOU.
Luke Frost
(Squadron Amateur - 88)

Postin's: 11111
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (6)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #40 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 04:08:31 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 04:09:13 by Luke Frost) Be quotin' 
Halsall and Brosnan only ever post to get a reaction from people. Their lives are too depressing so they feel the need to log in online and try and ruin people's day for their own amusement. Hopefully the rest of the community only engage them like this, and stop responding to intentionally inflammatory posts like this topic.

The only reason Paul made this topic is because he gets so excited thinking about people fighting and getting banned from the forum for political arguments. Instead of responding to him, why don't we continue the COVID talk here: /gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=29244
Adir Babaros
(Squadron Amateur - 55)

Postin's: 26
  Home Port:
Germany 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (0)   Dislike this here post (11)
A old postin' #41 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:09:47 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:10:27 by Adir Babaros) Be quotin' 
-- Censored --
Andre de Carvalho
(Squadron Amateur - 75)

Postin's: 447
  Home Port:
Brazil 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (7)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #42 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:18:34 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:19:24 by André de Carvalho) Be quotin' 
What is this? GPRO Arkham Sanatory? Am i stuck in a psychiatric institution and delusional like if this is Shutter Island or something?

What's next? Flat earth?
Ivelin Dobrev
(Squadron Rookie - 165)

Postin's: 2455
  Home Port:
Canada 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #43 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:21:18 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:22:31 by Ivelin Dobrev) Be quotin' 
Aaaand now it will be closed.
Brad Marshall1
(Squadron Pro - 7)

Postin's: 526
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #44 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:22:12 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ January 6th 2021,06:18:34 )

What's next? Flat earth?

Shut up you Round Earther.
Ivelin Dobrev
(Squadron Rookie - 165)

Postin's: 2455
  Home Port:
Canada 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #45 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:23:38 Be quotin' 
Seriously, nobody saw this coming? C’mon guys.
Andre de Carvalho
(Squadron Amateur - 75)

Home Port:
Brazil 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #46 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:25:25 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:27:14 by André de Carvalho) Be quotin' 
I've told you Brad, i'm a Hollow Flat Earther, antivax, red pilled and i know it all because i follow #mike2387truther in youtube.

Stop being an ignorant please.

Quote ( Ivelin Dobrev @ January 6th 2021,06:23:38 )

Seriously, nobody saw this coming? C’mon guys.

We did. Commented on discord even. Bradley has opened the pandora box and finally discovered why you can't just spam this forum for attention purposes like if there is no consequences.
Brad Marshall1
(Squadron Pro - 7)

Postin's: 526
  Home Port:
United States 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #47 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:27:35 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ January 6th 2021,06:25:25 )

i know it all because i follow #mike2387truther in youtube

Well why the hell didn't you just say so! Good to meet you, brother of truth.
Andre de Carvalho
(Squadron Amateur - 75)

Home Port:
Brazil 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #48 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:34:41 Be quotin' 
You're a truther too? Yey! Nice to meet you brodah. How's that anti Bill Clinton letter we light workers have been writting? The alien lizzards are still doing their best to shut us down mate... but we shall resist with the strength of of all our youtube channels.
Steven Hill
(Squadron Pro - 17)

Postin's: 1277
  Home Port:
Australia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #49 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:44:46 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:51:51 by Steven Hill) Be quotin' 
Quote ( Kevin Fortin @ January 6th 2021,00:29:29 )

I wonder if everyone was thinking the same thing when the Polio vaccine was made available?

The Polio vaccine took many years to develop and approved. Not overnight like the current COVIS-19 vaccine.

12 months is way too soon to for a vaccine too be tested and approved for distribution.

At first the authorities were saying it would take up to 18/24 months before we even look like getting a vaccine. It needs to be tested for longer periods of time and also to see what (if any) side effects it may cause to all age groups and also to make sure that it can withstand a new strain (which by the way now is already out there).

I say that we let the powers to be (scientists/chemists, etc.) do their job correctly and efficiently, without the urgency, to produce a vaccine that is guaranteed to work, as they did with the Polio vaccine.

We as a race can control the spread of the virus and manage it until the time comes that we have vaccine we can all be confident of taking.
MG van Rensburg
(Squadron Pro - 2)

Postin's: 1718
  Home Port:
South Africa 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #50 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 06:46:57 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 06:54:22 by MG van Rensburg) Be quotin' 
Ive had all my vax and so have my kids... but this one... the numbers I find curious.

A 95% effective vaccine for something less than 5% have got and which over 95% survive...

Quite curious figures. (No obvs the math not precise, but close enough to cpnvey the point).

Not to mention the avg age of death is current morbidity rates before covid, if not even higher, even more curious.

And lets not forget how rare it is for a death not to incl other co-morbidities that were ticking timebombs already.

I'm all for vaccinating, but this time around, I dunno, the numbers are rather weird. Not skeptical of the vaccine being dangerous or anything, just the numbers regarding covid itself over the past year now of data available makes for curious reading now.
Richard Robin Paukson
(Squadron Amateur - 57)

Postin's: 2431
  Home Port:
Estonia 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #51 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 07:39:06 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 6th 2021,06:44:46 )

I say that we let the powers to be (scientists/chemists, etc.) do their job correctly and efficiently, without the urgency, to produce a vaccine that is guaranteed to work, as they did with the Polio vaccine.

We as a race can control the spread of the virus and manage it until the time comes that we have vaccine we can all be confident of taking.

This is what would happen in a perfect world. Unfortunately, people have become so impatient that if the solution to a problem didn't exist before said problem, then it's already taken too long.

Plus, the skeptics are not going to disappear with another year of development. They will simply find something else to criticize.
Thijs Rieken
(Squadron Pro - 23)

Postin's: 1042
  Home Port:
Netherlands 
Treasure hunt'r: 
A old postin' #52 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 08:35:23 Be quotin' 
Scepsis vaccine is still under development, the biggest problem is getting that vaccine to the sceptics.
Daryl Gee
(Squadron Amateur - 83)

Postin's: 4864
  Home Port:
South Africa 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #53 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 08:36:18 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Dainius Vaškys @ January 5th 2021,23:59:14 )

Rumors some died after vaccination, some got sick in covid after it

There is no way that the vaccine can give you Covid. The science behind it is actually quite cool and has potential to help in a lot of other ways.

Rumours are lies that you want to believe.

Max Watson
(Squadron Master - 3)

Postin's: 5184
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (12)   Dislike this here post (1)
A old postin' #54 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 08:56:51 Be quotin' 

The vaccines which are being rolled out in the next few days have been scarcely tested and have presented major side effects for those who take it.

Please don’t spread misinformation. At best it is unhelpful, at worst actively dangerous.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-55216047
Ricardo Antunes
(Squadron Pro - 18)

Postin's: 2567
  Home Port:
Portugal 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (1)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #55 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 09:15:40 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Andre de Carvalho @ January 6th 2021,06:25:25 )

I've told you Brad, i'm a Hollow Flat Earther, antivax, red pilled and i know it all because i follow #mike2387truther in youtube.

Stop being an ignorant please.

Finally! Another red pilled! Welcome to the matrix!
Henri Svensson
(Squadron Rookie - 76)

Postin's: 67
  Home Port:
Sweden 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (4)
A old postin' #56 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 09:24:56 Be quotin' 
Anyone that will not take the vaccin is the cause of delaying the stop of the pandemic.
More people will die and if you want that on your conscience... you are cruel.
Mark Witney
(Squadron Pro - 8)

Postin's: 1873
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (4)   Dislike this here post (3)
A old postin' #57 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 09:25:51 Be quotin' 
One thing people overlook is how China dealt with it, no pussyfooting around, army straight in, a couple of months and it's over. A year later the rest of the world is a total mess, maybe freedom of speech , movement and expression aren't always the best way...

Too many people have the " it won't kill me so I don't care." attitude, its these self obsessed idiots that are causing most of the mess. It might well not kill them, but it might kill someone they supposedly care about. The only way to get back to "normal" is if people get vaccinated or if the various governments send the army in to enforce lockdown.
Peter Willmore
(Squadron Pro - 8)

Postin's: 3616
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (9)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #58 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 09:31:47 ('t be edit'd Jan 6 2021, 09:33:08 by Peter Willmore) Be quotin' 
Quote ( MG van Rensburg @ January 6th 2021,06:46:57 )

And lets not forget how rare it is for a death not to incl other co-morbidities that were ticking timebombs already.

well about 10% of uk death's have no underlying health conditions , alot of the underlying health conditions are likely well managed.

Asthma, Diabetes, Learning difficulties for example

Can most of you start to get thinking a bit more logical please? Like one tries to solve the GPRO puzzle?

It's quite easy to calculate the chance being hospitalized for your age and country (without any additional cause, very very low) let alone die... I.e. for many &lt;60/70 the risk of taking the vaccine ('cure') will be higher than the risk on the disease itself...

I don't care whatever whom decides, that's entirely up to them. And I expect the same from society...

Hence I do care about the rumours around non-vaccinated and their suppossed less privileges. If such ever becomes true, I WILL put a star (not that star cause of sensivity) on my coat regardless what 'status' I personally will have...

Please stop such tosh, around 10% of all deaths in the UK have had no underlying health conditions, this is just the direct covid deaths, you then need to consider the potential indirect deaths, if this is allowed to spiral out of control.
By indirect deaths I mean those who would ordinarilly have been able to be treated but either did not present or were unable to be treated due to the overwhelming pressure on the hospitals

I am of a very strong belief that those who refuse to be vaccinated(not those who cannot there is a big difference here) should be treated differently, you are perfectly in your right to put yourself at risk, however by not being vaccinated it won't be you potentially who has to deal with the consequences, it could be your neighbour , a random stranger who your stubbornness causes to get very ill/ or even die.

Quote ( Steven Hill @ January 6th 2021,06:44:46 )

12 months is way too soon to for a vaccine too be tested and approved for distribution.

You reference Polio a few things on that
There is a massive difference between the 30's to 50's and science medical scicence today as such Modern science is a wonderful thing and it's also important to remember its not just 12 months in the making , the key is in the full name of the virus SARS-CoV-2 , SARS was almost 2 decades ago, Also Mers was almost a decade ago , also Coronavirus's have been studied for 50 years , so it's not like it was fully unknown, also there was massive worldwide collabaration by scientist along with the sort of funding which is normally reserved for wars

Also to answer the original question of the thread, yes I will be getting vaccinated when I get the opportunity
Iain Bartholomew
(Squadron Pro - 5)

Postin's: 2118
  Home Port:
Scotland 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (15)   Dislike this here post (2)
A old postin' #59 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 09:37:39 Be quotin' 
Not taking the vaccine is incredibly selfish. For most of us the biggest risk of contracting covid is not our own health, but that we might transmit it directly or indirectly to people less likely to survive. Refusing a vaccine is tantamount to saying that you care only about your own health and take no responsibility for the well-being of those you may infect as a result of the refusal.
Twig Fahaji
(Squadron Master - 4)

Postin's: 445
  Home Port:
England 
Treasure hunt'r: 
Like this here post (3)   Dislike this here post (0)
A old postin' #60 Spake upon Jan 6 2021, 11:07:41 Be quotin' 
Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ January 6th 2021,00:40:17 )

Jasper the vast majority of those who died had preexisting health conditions and were likely to die of something anyway, it simply happened to be COVID. I'm more worried when a young nurse gets horrendously ill from a vaccine than a 90 year old woman with a dozen health complications dies from a bad flu.

Aside from the blase attitude of "well they're old so who cares?", what about people who have underlying health conditions but aren't "going to die anyway"?

Lots of people who appear healthy have underlying conditions they are not aware of. And even the conditions people are aware of are often not life threatening anyway, yet those people could be seriously ill or even die from covid complications.
This Sheet « 1 [23 ... 7 8 9 » Jump t' new sheet:
Grand Prix Racing Online Jabb'rin' > Off topic forum > Will you be getting the Covid Vaccine? Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer nay care list Be addin' thi' jabb'r t' yer impor' list

Be answ'rin' thi' jabber