Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > The GPRO weather thread Dodaj ten wątek do ignorowanych Dodaj ten wątek do obserwowanych
Strona « 1 2 3 ... 441 [442443 ... 485 486 487 » Szybko idź do strony:
Autor Wątek: The GPRO weather thread 14582 odpowiedzi
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Grupa Amateur - 6)

Kraj:
Meksyk 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (2)
Stary post #13216 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:30:09 Cytuj 
Quote ( Yug Desai @ August 15th 2018,00:41:48 )

Also, I can't seem to recollect and would appreciate if someone can help me here. Does the track become wet simultanously for the leader others irrespective of the gap or will it become wet for me once I reach the distance covered by the leader at the point it started raining.

The latter one, it will start raining for you when you cross that lap (in the new race page) You will see how cars that you have just lapped overtake you much faster than when you did overtake them.

Quote ( Yug Desai @ August 15th 2018,00:59:27 )

I'm not in rookie.

By the question I answered above, I might think so.

Quote ( Yug Desai @ August 15th 2018,00:59:27 )

With a good pit TD and decent staff, my pit stops are fairly consistent in 15-16s range. Even with 100+ litres of fuel I've had 15s pit last race. Now if I had 18s or so... I will buy the argument that it was a random factor. But with the amount of money I am spending on my staff and the nature of my TD, if you're gonna tell me 21.7s pit is possible, I am gonna find it hard to digest. Especially since the pit stop very next lap (I wait 0 laps to pit) was 22.3s. Correspondingly, getting a 38s pit (normal; not weather related) in amateur even with horrible staff is unheard of. At least to me.

You had 18 seconds not because of random, its because you are not waiting one lap, rea the wiki/faq to find an answerfor that.

38 seconds, with 0 laps for weather change and a bad crew is very very common specially if you add 100+liters of fuel

Jean-marc Boissinot
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Francja 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (0)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13217 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:34:03 Cytuj 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ August 14th 2018,22:19:59 )

Just go and check my tyre choice at ELite, and you'll know what the trend was. It was always the opposite :D

I saw that!^^

Just wanna say that managers who rise from pro to master and who choose reasonable tyres are clearly unlucky this season, don't you think?
Jan Velske3
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Niemcy 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13218 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:36:18 Cytuj 
Quote ( Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo @ August 15th 2018,01:30:09 )

Quote ( Yug Desai @ August 15th 2018,00:41:48 )

38 seconds, with 0 laps for weather change and a bad crew is very very common specially if you add 100+liters of fuel

We are talking about the first normal stop in lap 26, when we put on dry tyres in dry in the lap we wanted to come in.
Patryk Janczak
(Grupa Master - 5)

Kraj:
Polska 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13219 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:40:35 Cytuj 
Lol, just checked pit times in my group at lap no. 26and.... really no words then. Now I got why I was in front of leaders.
Eduardo Fernandes
(Grupa Rookie - 17)

Kraj:
Portugalia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (0)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (1)
Stary post #13220 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:47:34 Cytuj 
For me it was awsome. Started raining exacly when I was gonna pit anyway :D and if it didn't stopped raining I could have gotten a 1st place. 3th wasnt bad :D
Jan Velske3
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Niemcy 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (43)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13221 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:52:06 (ostatnio edytowany Sie 15 2018, 01:59:51 przez Jan Velske) Cytuj 
Meanwhile in my team:

Team-radio: box box box box, we are going to put on dry tyres in lap 26 as planned before the race for the 1-stop strategy

driver: Ok I am coming in now

pit-crew: Wow look how the rain starts exactly at the finish line and look how it causes a rainbow in combination with the sun on our side of the lap.

driver: why it is taking so long?!

team radio: Sorry our pit crew got a bit distracted, we are going to put in dry tryes as planned.

driver: But its raining after corner 1?!

pit crew: Should we put on dry or wet, we cant decide what to do?

team-chef: Put on wet tyres our weather radar says the rain will begin in 8 Seconds.

pit crew: Ok. Wait we cant find them, they are stucked under all other dry tyres.

driver: Why the fuck is nothing happening?

team-chef: Ok just put on the dry tyres then, so we have another lap to find the wet tyres.

[pit crew puts on dry tyres]
[pit-stop 38.3 s]

driver: Why the fuck you put on dry tyres, I said its raining in corner 1?!

team-radio: box box box box, its raining

driver: Thats what I am fucking telling you.

[driver comes into pit lane]

pit crew: Oh you are already here? I thought you would be a little slower on dry tyres in rain.
Wait we already found those tyres.

driver: not again...

pit-crew: Ahhh, here we go, but they are probably a bit cold so you will probably DM in the first lap.

[pit-stop 35.7s]

Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Pro - 5)

Kraj:
Australia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (5)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13222 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:56:42 Cytuj 
LMFAO. .....post of the season 😆
Patryk Janczak
(Grupa Master - 5)

Kraj:
Polska 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (3)
Stary post #13223 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 01:58:00 (ostatnio edytowany Sie 15 2018, 01:58:25 przez Patryk Janczak) Cytuj 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ August 15th 2018,01:52:06 )

Meanwhile in my team:

Team-radio: box box box box, we are going to put on dry tyres in lap 26 as planned before the race for the 1-stop strategy

driver: Ok I am coming in now

pit-crew: Wow look how the rain starts exactly at the finish line and look how it causes a rainbow in combination with the sun on our side of the lap.

driver: why it is taking so long?!

team radio: Sorry our pit crew got a bit distracted, we are going to put in dry tryes as planned.

driver: But its raining after corner 1?!

pit crew: Should we put on dry or wet, we cant decide what to do?

team-chef: Put on wet tyres our weather radar says the rain will begin in 8 Seconds.

pit crew: Ok. Wait we cant find them, they are stucked under all other dry tyres.

driver: Why the fuck is nothing happening?

team-chef: Ok just put on the dry tyres then, so we have another lap to find the wet tyres.

[pit crew pits on dry tyres]
[pit-stop 38.3 s]

driver: Why the fuck you put on dry tyres, I said its raining in lap 1?!

team-radio: box box box box, its raining

driver: Thats what I am fucking telling you.

[driver comes into pit lane]

pit crew: Oh you are already here? I thought you would be a little slower on dry tyres in rain.
Wait we already found those tyres.

driver: not again...

pit-crew: Ahhh, here we go, but they are probably a bit cold so you will probably DM in the first lap.

[pit-stop 35.7s]

No no no. Eveything is fine with changed game-engine. Just race and expect an unexpected.
Jukka Sireni2
(Grupa Rookie - 69)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (4)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13224 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:08:09 Cytuj 
I can have a look at the pit times tonight. The track becomes wet at the start of the lap, so there is a small bug in the new race screen showing water at the pits, which is still at the exact moment when the lap changes and thus still dry.
Andrew Watson
(Grupa Master - 2)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13225 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:32:19 Cytuj 
Pit time on my lap 26 stop was normal. So not everyone affected, I guess.
Mark Blackwell
(Grupa Rookie - 126)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13226 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:35:28 Cytuj 
I'm a rookie, but can anyone explain my pit times for the last race, particularly the 41.579s pit change just for tyres (see below). Perhaps that pit chatter explained in a previous thread about losing the tyres was accurate - lol -

Start fuel: 135 liters

Pit Pitstop reason Tyres condition
Fuel left Refilled to Pit time
Stop 1
(Lap 28) No more fuel was left 6% 0% 130 liters 32.652s
Stop 2
(Lap 33) Tyres change due to the weather change 75% 62% No refill 41.579s
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Amateur - 55)

Kraj:
Islandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13227 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:47:21 Cytuj 

Quote ( Andrew Watson @ August 15th 2018,08:32:19 )

Same here, normal pit time on lap 26.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Holandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13228 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:48:38 Cytuj 
Pit times in Rookie can be quite random Mark. And on top of that, changing exactly on the moment the weather changes sends the pitcrew out in a blaze of confusion and stress, which leads to even longer pitstops.

There's options in the race setup screen to wait a certain amount of laps to pit on a certain weather change, fiddle with those the next time rain is expected, you may see some better results ;)
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Holandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13229 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 08:50:54 Cytuj 
Quote ( Jan Velske @ August 15th 2018,01:52:06 )

Meanwhile in my team:

:)

Rainbows though, what a view.

RAINBOWS!
Roy Mitchell
(Grupa Pro - 8)

Kraj:
Kanada 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (3)
Stary post #13230 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 09:28:57 Cytuj 
Mark, at this point you can expect slow stops maybe not that slow but it happens. :)

Atli, how lucky you and I are that the problems that others had did not affect us. ;)

Do you feel that you are somehow not being treated fairly as shown by your pit crew, who can't be doing 30s pit stops! Really?

Jukka, why would you call into question the pit times? It was right or wrong for this or that manager. Everybody had the same circumstances. Did I miss the announcement that pit times were range bound?

What.... uh? 8000 or more participants and some are upset that they did not have pit times in the range they expected. Too bad! So sad.

It would be something else if a thousand players complained.

Next time my pit stop times are 'too slow for my expectations' I'll be sure to drop you a line and get that corrected. Would that be okay with you, Jukka??
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Amateur - 55)

Kraj:
Islandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13231 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 09:46:22 (ostatnio edytowany Sie 15 2018, 09:47:44 przez Atli Thor Johannesson) Cytuj 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 15th 2018,09:28:57 )

Atli, how lucky you and I are that the problems that others had did not affect us. ;)

We are the luckiest men in the world of virtual racing Roy. ;)
Elmo Vogel
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Republika Południowej Afryki 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13232 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 09:51:43 (ostatnio edytowany Sie 15 2018, 09:52:06 przez Elmo Vogel) Cytuj 
I have a question on the next race, with 136 laps we will go into a 5th (30min past 2h), what weather will apply for that? The same as the 4th 30min?
Peter Willmore
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13233 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 09:52:39 Cytuj 
Quote ( Elmo Vogel @ August 15th 2018,09:51:43 )

The same as the 4th 30min?

yes

https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Weather
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13234 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 09:56:22 (ostatnio edytowany Sie 15 2018, 10:00:49 przez Michael Keeney) Cytuj 
My pit was 4s longer than what my average pits have been for the past 2 seasons and 4s longer than this TD should have posted.

So something is definitely wrong with the game mechanics for this.

Can you update us when you find the bug Jukka. Them 4s has cost me a place this race I assume it's cost others a lot more.
Elmo Vogel
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Republika Południowej Afryki 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13235 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 10:00:51 Cytuj 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ August 15th 2018,09:52:39 )

Quote ( Elmo Vogel @ August 15th 2018,09:51:43 )

The same as the 4th 30min?

yes

https://wiki.gpro.net/index.php?title=Weather

Thanks. Hope admins can confirm if this is still true!
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13236 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 10:04:20 Cytuj 
Elmo its 100% bro. It's been confirmed on forums a few times fella.
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13237 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 10:05:29 Cytuj 
Quote ( Andrew Watson @ August 15th 2018,08:32:19 )

As you mention it hasn't affected everyone so maybe its down to current placing when rain comes perhaps?
Chilmiy Nunez
(Grupa Rookie - 178)

Kraj:
USA 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13238 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 12:00:17 Cytuj 
The wheater
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Pro - 18)

Kraj:
Belgia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13239 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 12:02:56 Cytuj 
It doesn't affect everyone because, I presume, there is a random factor. It's the same when you put "wait to pit" on 0 laps. I've had pit stops below 20 seconds with that setting, but also stops of 28 seconds or more, with an equally good staff and TD (on a level which I believe to be competitive for Master).

I would assume that there are certain staff skills that can reduce the randomness, but there is hardly anyone in the game who can run their trainables above 40 (out of a possible 100!), so nobody can completely eradicate the random factor in their pit stops, I guess.

The point here is that the random "weather change factor" shouldn't have been there in the first place, because the pit stop took place in lap 26, and there wasn't even a weather change yet in lap 26.
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13240 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 12:18:07 Cytuj 
Exactly. So lap 26 should have been scheduled stops. It wasnt.

All the times from elite to m5 show this in huge differentials.

So something is blatantly at play. Is it the stress staff skills that in theory should not have came into play and if it did then why didnt all them managers put rain tyres on. It's a bug that has affected a lot of managers some massively. You're talking 21seconds in some groups. Granted this is down to infastructure so the true figure is less than this. But the point stands.

I've pmd Jukka as I'd love an explanation at what happened and why?
Yug Desai3
(Grupa Master - 2)

Kraj:
Indie 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (4)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13241 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 12:36:18 Cytuj 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ August 15th 2018,09:28:57 )

Jukka, why would you call into question the pit times? It was right or wrong for this or that manager. Everybody had the same circumstances. Did I miss the announcement that pit times were range bound?

What.... uh? 8000 or more participants and some are upset that they did not have pit times in the range they expected. Too bad! So sad.

It would be something else if a thousand players complained.

Next time my pit stop times are 'too slow for my expectations' I'll be sure to drop you a line and get that corrected. Would that be okay with you, Jukka??
Buddy, this is a little different from average whining because of bad luck. I was probably the first one to move on as I qualified for the next race even before posting here. But if there is evidence that there is a bug, better not to bury out heads in the sand. I would request you to go and watch the races of people who have pointed this out. Everyone who pit at the end of lap 26 and had '0 laps wait if it stops raining' seem to have been affected by this. I suggest you take a look at what everyone's trying to say instead of assuming everyone here is just a crybaby.

If you're gonna ask how much does this affect people? Well, since it started raining on lap 27 which is exactly when I was still in pits (and all others in question), then to my understanding we should come out on wet tyres. Which would save us an entire pit stops. In my groups that would have been over 10 places for me and a potential podium. Other thing would maybe my understanding is wrong. In which case I would've saved ~6 seconds which is still 3 places. Could've been the difference between my sponsor leaving me or not.

I don't see anyone begging for a re-run. All we're asking for is an explanation, bug or not. Although if it is indeed a bug some might :P
George Togas
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Kraj:
Grecja 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (3)
Stary post #13242 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 12:52:38 Cytuj 
When peple didn't understand something in past centuries because science wasn't like today,it was always "God's will".
Here in GPRO it's a bug that needs to be fixed.
Wake up please and accept your ignorance.
Or... FOBY!

Everything was normal in last race.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Pro - 18)

Kraj:
Belgia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (3)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13243 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 13:05:36 Cytuj 
Quote ( Yug Desai @ August 15th 2018,12:36:18 )

Well, since it started raining on lap 27 which is exactly when I was still in pits (and all others in question), then to my understanding we should come out on wet tyres. Which would save us an entire pit stops.

Are you sure you're not a rookie? :p

You're right about the rest though, people are definitely right to question the pit stop times of the planned pit stops in lap 26 when there was no weather change yet. We're always told the weather change only takes place in lap 27 and that's why the tyres aren't changed if you pit at the end of lap 26.

The weather in lap 27 cannot affect the tyre choice your crew makes at the end of lap 26. But if that is the case, the pit stop time shouldn't be affected by the weather in lap 27 either.
Stefan Brederick
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (1)
Stary post #13244 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 14:00:09 Cytuj 
As a rookie this is soooo interesting.
First of all, you all seemed to go into the pits on lap 26.
Secondly, you are not prepared in the right way.
And thirdly, you are even still complaining.

Makes my choices seem quite alright.
Hope to make my way up quickly :)

BTW, I really like the race.
Dominik Karda
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Kraj:
Czechy 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #13245 Opublikowane Sie 15 2018, 14:19:14 Cytuj 
Quote ( Mark Blackwell @ August 15th 2018,08:35:28 )

(Lap 33) Tyres change due to the weather change 75% 62% No refill 41.579s
If you pit on the same lap when a weather change happens, it won't be a surprise to see a very bad pit time. I'd rather wait one lap to pit.
Strona « 1 2 3 ... 441 [442443 ... 485 486 487 » Szybko idź do strony:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > The GPRO weather thread Dodaj ten wątek do ignorowanych Dodaj ten wątek do obserwowanych

Odpowiedz w tym wątku