Strona [12 » Szybko idź do strony:
Autor Wątek: Fuel 39 odpowiedzi
Fenwick Trevathen
(Grupa Rookie - 198)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #1 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 11:18:22 Cytuj 
Having some problems calculating the amount of fuel needed for tracks that are not the same level of consumption as the testing track.

I was getting around 1.22 kms per litre on medium consumption tracks, but there is no information on the site about how this manifests on other levels.

These calculations were further muddied when the test track decided halfway through the season to be low rather than medium (wth?). Took me a while to work out what had happened, and the consumption for that seems to be about 1.34 kms per litre.

Please do not tell me to find a mentor or join a team, this information should be out there and accessible. Thanks in advance for any constructive assistance.
Dainius Vaškys
(Grupa Amateur - 18)

Kraj:
Litwa 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #2 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 11:25:32 Cytuj 
What I would do, I would drive in each of the tracks with different consumption of fuel with the same amount, after the race I would check the race analysis page and you would have a quite good idea of how much fuel your driver and car uses in those tracks. Then you might narrow it to quite decent level, but there are some other things who impacts how much fuel you use per lap.

P.S. Playing without mentor is hard, I wish you best of luck ;]
Graham Mercer
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Kraj:
Australia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (4)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #3 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 11:48:23 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 7 2018, 11:53:12 przez Graham Mercer) Cytuj 
Quote ( Fenwick Trevathen @ January 7th 2018,11:18:22 )

These calculations were further muddied when the test track decided halfway through the season to be low rather than medium (wth?)

I can assure you that this is not correct.
I have track information going back to when I started playing this game in 2010 and the fuel consumption rating at Mexico City has always been low rating. Perhaps initially you accidentally referred to the tyre wear rating which is medium?

this information should be out there and accessible

There are many things within GPRO that you need to determine for yourself. Accurate fuel consumption and tyre wear are some of them.
Max Watson
(Grupa Master - 3)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #4 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 11:49:54 Cytuj 

These calculations were further muddied when the test track decided halfway through the season to be low rather than medium (wth?). Took me a while to work out what had happened, and the consumption for that seems to be about 1.34 kms per litre.

Tracks do not change their fuel consumption half way through a season (if at all). You must have altered one of the other variables.
Juca Santos
(Grupa Rookie - 190)

Kraj:
Brazylia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (6)
Stary post #5 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 14:48:25 Cytuj 
FOY
James Hitchen
(Grupa Amateur - 82)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #6 Opublikowane Sty 7 2018, 15:36:39 Cytuj 
Fuel is a FOBY thing but there are things out there to help you. The advice i’ll give you is to use GPRO analyser for you to check your fuel values are roughly correct and GPRO Organiser to record your race info. Both very useful tools for working this kind of thing out :)
Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupa Retired)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Rumunia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (11)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #7 Opublikowane Sty 8 2018, 05:08:16 Cytuj 
Quote ( Juca Santos @ January 7th 2018,14:48:25 )

FOY

It's nice to be more helpful with a post in the Newbie forum and not just say 'find out by yourself'.
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Pro - 16)

Kraj:
Polska 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (3)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #8 Opublikowane Sty 8 2018, 09:01:52 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 8 2018, 09:10:14 przez Tomek Kiełpiński) Cytuj 

Are you sure you didn't upgraded your car or changed the driver? ;-)

Having some problems calculating the amount of fuel needed for tracks that are not the same level of consumption as the testing track.

Medium fuel consumption will be higher than a low one, and lower than a high one. That will be true in most cases.

But if variables influencing the fuel consumption will differ a lot, it might happen sometimes that the statement will be false (or you'll have impression that track characteristics have changed ;-)).

As someone already suggested, take notes on fuel consumption from each race and each testing session. And try to find a pattern. The test track can give you some important hints, if you decide to change things between 2 stints of the same session.

Good luck :-)
Lyee Chong
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Malezja 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #9 Opublikowane Sty 8 2018, 09:15:06 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 8 2018, 09:19:36 przez Lyee Chong) Cytuj 
What I did last time was go and google a few tools which can estimate the fuel, then from there, you will find out which are the most relevant variables to investigate. Then start from there.

When you able to draw 1 straight line that passes all the dots, you will find it to be super satisfying :)

(disclaimer: this could be a noob way)
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Pro - 16)

Kraj:
Polska 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #10 Opublikowane Sty 8 2018, 09:19:50 Cytuj 
Quote ( Lyee Chong @ January 8th 2018,09:15:06 )

When you able to draw 1 straight line that passes all the dots, you will find it to be super satisfying :)

Even more, if you DON'T use google tools :-)
Fenwick Trevathen
(Grupa Rookie - 198)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #11 Opublikowane Sty 8 2018, 19:35:41 Cytuj 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ January 8th 2018,09:01:52 )

Medium fuel consumption will be higher than a low one, and lower than a high one. That will be true in most cases.

:D

To be fair, most of your other advice was more helpful, but this advice made me the happiest.
Jon Day
(Grupa Pro - 11)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #12 Opublikowane Sty 9 2018, 11:02:34 Cytuj 
Quote ( Fenwick Trevathen @ January 8th 2018,19:35:41 )

To be fair, most of your other advice was more helpful, but this advice made me the happiest.
Tomek speaks wisely....Thats why we love him so. :-)
Michal Szopinski
(Grupa Master - 5)

Kraj:
Australia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (5)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #13 Opublikowane Sty 9 2018, 13:18:02 Cytuj 

Please do not tell me to find a mentor or join a team, this information should be out there and accessible. Thanks in advance for any constructive assistance.
Don't find a mentor and don't join a team. But no, this information should not be out there and accessible. It is one of the many wonderful features of GPRO that make up this game and you need to work out as a Rookie for yourself. And there are many more things that you will have to work out, this is just a start; some of the basic stuff that you need to understand before you move on in the game.

Fuel consumption varies based on a number of factors and it's up to you as a player to work out what they are and how they affect it. With time, if you keep recording and analysing your data (test track is a good place to start), you may work out exactly how the fuel consumption is calculated. That is unless you do join a team which will want to share the info with you, but I'm not telling you to do so. ;)
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Kraj:
USA 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (23)
Stary post #14 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 02:47:23 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 09:12:29 przez Mick Ridley) Cytuj 

I
I was getting around 1.22 kms per litre on medium consumption tracks, but there is no information on the site about how this manifests on other levels.

You must expect everything to be handed to you. Well sometimes you may need to work for them. What do you think happens on real teams? They know with 100% certainty how things will play out? No, they have an idea, and with time and experience they figure out hot to make projections.

Quit being a ninny whiny moron and just race. Read the forums. There is a lot of good info there, and maybe using this thing called Google, which by the way has become so popular it’s a verb, I guess whatever rock you’ve lived under you may not have heard of it.

I didn’t get things handed to me, not did the vast majority of managers in this game. We figured a lot out, some got mentors, some didn’t. Some joined teams and learned. That’s part of what will make you good at this game, or bad at it.

If you want plug and play, there is this thing called a PS4. My guess is you probably play games on beginner, with AI set to retarded, and all the assists. The first rule of GPRO is FOBY. The second rule of GPRO is don’t be a prick. The third rule of GPRO is if you ask nicely, you may get some help, but if you’re a tool, well, go back to your PS4.
Fernando Garcia
(Grupa Amateur - 79)

Kraj:
Brazylia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (17)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #15 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 03:08:20 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 09:12:03 przez Mick Ridley) Cytuj 
Quote ( Mason Somoza @ January 25th 2018,02:47:23 )

You must expect everything to be handed to you. Well sometimes you may need to work for them. What do you think happens on real teams? They know with 100% certainty how things will play out? No, they have an idea, and with time and experience they figure out hot to make projections.

Quit being a ninny whiny boy and just race. Read the forums. There is a lot of good info there, and maybe using this thing called Google, which by the way has become so popular it’s a verb, I guess whatever rock you’ve lived under you may not have heard of it.

I didn’t get things handed to me, not did the vast majority of managers in this game. We figured a lot out, some got mentors, some didn’t. Some joined teams and learned. That’s part of what will make you good at this game, or bad at it.

If you want plug and play, there is this thing called a PS4. My guess is you probably play games on beginner, with AI set to retarded, and all the assists. The first rule of GPRO is FOBY. The second rule of GPRO is don’t be a prick. The third rule of GPRO is if you ask nicely, you may get some help, but if you’re a tool, well, go back to your PS4.

Is this really necessary??? You broke the "second rule" lmfao. I mean, there's no need to be such a moron if you have nothing to add to the conversation... The guy is a rookie, and it's the newbie forum.

Chill.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Holandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #16 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 03:17:50 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 03:18:45 przez Miel Soeterbroek) Cytuj 
What Fernando said. :)
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Kraj:
USA 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (8)
Stary post #17 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 03:19:48 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 09:13:55 przez Mick Ridley) Cytuj 
Quote ( Fernando Garcia @ January 25th 2018,03:08:20 )

Quit being a ninny whiny boy and just race. Read the forums. There is a lot of good info there, and maybe using this thing called Google, which by the way has become so popular it’s a verb, I guess whatever rock you’ve lived under you may not have heard of it.

Is this really necessary??? You broke the "second rule" lmfao. I mean, there's no need to be such a moron if you have nothing to add to the conversation... The guy is a rookie, and it's the newbie forum.

Chill.

He doesn't deserve a rational answer.

Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Holandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (7)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #18 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 03:39:47 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 03:44:55 przez Miel Soeterbroek) Cytuj 
He’s not even a tenth of the prick you’re being Mason. Heck, i didn’t think he was being a prick at all. You, on the other hand....

Seriously, just calm the hell down instead of going irrationally and disproportionally berserk on a two week old thread where a new guy is asking for some info. Even if it’s in a manner that you may not particularly like.
Mason Somoza
(Grupa Pro - 23)

Kraj:
USA 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #19 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 04:11:29 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 04:12:39 przez Mason Somoza) Cytuj 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 25th 2018,03:39:47 )

He’s not even a tenth of the prick you’re being Mason. Heck, i didn’t think he was being a prick at all. You, on the other hand....

Seriously, just calm the hell down instead of going irrationally and disproportionally berserk on a two week old thread where a new guy is asking for some info. Even if it’s in a manner that you may not particularly like.

Uh no, when you ask for help with something you don’t take an approach of insulting everyone else or being a spoiled brat based on your expectations, or ASSumptions of how things should be. Pandering to that, is alin to embracing it.

The fact that he says “don’t tell me...” and “this information should...” indicates he has a sense of entitlement. Sorry, but I respect people that ask, and/or frame their questions from a position of respect, not one of an entitled prick.
Fernando Garcia
(Grupa Amateur - 79)

Kraj:
Brazylia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (4)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (1)
Stary post #20 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 04:24:36 Cytuj 
Smh... I felt like sharing this nice quote after reading your response. You have a good evening/day/night/afternoon/whatever.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi
Miel Soeterbroek
(Grupa Master - 4)

Kraj:
Holandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (15)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #21 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 04:31:30 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 04:32:46 przez Miel Soeterbroek) Cytuj 
Scroll back up in the thread, you may see that not everyone felt insulted. In fact, i dont’t think anyone did.

While you’re scrolling back up, read Andrei’s comment too please. Maybe a few times.

The dude probably asked a few questions earlier, and walked into the common ‘get a mentor’ or ‘get a team’ answers a few times. Hence said comment. Not everyone wants a team, or a mentor, you know? He has already been told that some things should be found out by himself, and has gotten some helpful comments along the way too. All more than two weeks ago.

The only insults thrown around here are yours. And i’ll say it again: they are absolutely uncalled for.

Since you’re so hot on wording things in a good way: prick, capitalizing ass in words, spoiled brat, entitled prick, ninny whiny wanker, living under a rock, tool... Just a little recap of your wording.

Get off of that golden throne of yours, oh great king Somoza; and just for a minute, reflect on your own choice of words.

And you talk about respect? How ridiculously ironic.
George Slater4
(Grupa Rookie - 92)

Kraj:
Kanada 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (3)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #22 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 04:56:32 Cytuj 
Is this debate really necessary?

This is in the newbie forum, which is meant to be a place where managers can ask questions about the game and get help. So why are we arguing who is or is not a "prick"?

Move on. Both of you are experienced managers (who I respect) that have different interpretations of some comments. So what is arguing about it going to do? Nothing.

Lyee Chong
(Grupa Pro - 25)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Malezja 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (9)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #23 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 05:04:33 Cytuj 
#join

opps, sorry. I thought this is a silly game people compete for best/worst forum user :)
Adrian Summers
(Grupa Amateur - 26)

Kraj:
USA 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #24 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 06:00:56 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 09:15:00 przez Mick Ridley) Cytuj 
Quote ( Fernando Garcia @ January 25th 2018,03:08:20 )

moron
Quote ( Mason Somoza @ January 25th 2018,03:19:48 )

Quote ( Mason Somoza @ January 25th 2018,03:19:48 )

prick.
Mick Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 108)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (8)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #25 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 09:15:46 Cytuj 
Ok, this is the newbie thread. Let's calm things down, and keep on topic :)
Fenwick Trevathen
(Grupa Rookie - 198)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (9)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #26 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 19:40:07 Cytuj 

I

Quit being a ninny whiny moron and just race. Read the forums. There is a lot of good info there, and maybe using this thing called Google, which by the way has become so popular it’s a verb, I guess whatever rock you’ve lived under you may not have heard of it.

Wow, this has kicked off an interesting conversation. I'm not offended by any of this by the way; I accept that some people regard this information as an item of value. Myself, I'd think in real life you'd fill the car with a set amount in practice and then measure how much was left and make your calculations from there. In this game, that doesn't seem to be an option, except on the one testing track, which is the aspect that I find somewhat frustrating.

I have had some really helpful advice and emails. I don't have a PS4 though, so I guess you're all stuck with my ninny whining for a while longer. :p
Lee Downing
(Grupa Amateur - 90)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #27 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 21:21:16 Cytuj 

You my friend are a total synt
Chris Shaw
(Grupa Amateur - 110)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #28 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 21:43:39 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 21:49:43 przez Chris Shaw) Cytuj 
Quote ( Fenwick Trevathen @ January 25th 2018,19:40:07 )

Myself, I'd think in real life you'd fill the car with a set amount in practice and then measure how much was left and make your calculations from there. In this game, that doesn't seem to be an option, except on the one testing track, which is the aspect that I find somewhat frustrating.

You are a smart newbie saying this. People say FOBY but forget how hard it is, whilst looking at the tools and data from whatever team they're in. There's some guys out there smart enough to have figured out all the formulae by themselves - I'm not one - and I respect those people. However, people don't find it fun having to spend 5 seasons gathering data themselves. As you say, the only other option is to pool together a team and work with more data - an option which is not appealing to those who enjoy the thrill of figuring things out.

TLDR - the game makes you choose between winning and FOBY, unless you join a team, in which case you probably have all the stuff you need anyway.

Edit - wanting to stay on topic, so some advice... make a list of things you think might effect fuel. Look at all your race and test data and try to prove or disprove which have any impact. Once you think you have a list of things that have an effect, then narrow it down to whether the effect is higher or lower, and then the scale of the effect.
Tibor Szuromi
(Grupa Amateur - 25)

Kraj:
Węgry 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (0)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #29 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 21:59:57 Cytuj 
Fuel!
I ask.

Tankage: 80/80/80 litres.

Fuel Remaining:
1st stage: 1%
2nd stage: 1%
At the end of the race: 1litre.

How much fuel did I use?

Can someone send a good answer?

Staff not speak!

Mick Ridley
(Grupa Amateur - 108)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #30 Opublikowane Sty 25 2018, 22:10:58 (ostatnio edytowany Sty 25 2018, 22:11:25 przez Mick Ridley) Cytuj 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ January 25th 2018,21:59:57 )

Fuel!
I ask.

Tankage: 80/80/80 litres.

Fuel Remaining:
1st stage: 1%
2nd stage: 1%
At the end of the race: 1litre.

How much fuel did I use?

Can someone send a good answer?

Staff not speak!

Check Q2 page, it tells you how much the tank holds :)
Strona [12 » Szybko idź do strony:

Odpowiedz w tym wątku