Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > I'm feeling tricked by a sponsor Dodaj ten wątek do ignorowanych Dodaj ten wątek do obserwowanych
Strona « 1 [2 Szybko idź do strony:
Autor Wątek: I'm feeling tricked by a sponsor 53 odpowiedzi
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Pro - 10)

Kraj:
Australia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (3)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (1)
Stary post #31 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 18:08:36 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 18:13:20 przez Andrew Wilden) Cytuj 
Quote ( Alan Bean @ February 24th 2018,17:59:30 )

Oh dear, Andrew, You really are a nasty piece of work
Its o.k. Dominik, Its the idiots in the game like him that drive so many of us to leave.

Actually I am one of the most helpful guys to newbies in the game.
I built two extra teams from mostly newbies that I mentored and use to run the mentor program.
It is people like you who don't want to listen to advice and then criticize thinking you know it all that decide to leave the game, blaming everyone else for their own short comings.
Next time get your facts straight before accusing someone of absolute BS
Peter Willmore
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (0)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #32 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 18:23:26 Cytuj 
Well that escalated quickly
Alan Bean
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (2)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (6)
Stary post #33 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 18:56:13 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 19:39:59 przez Kevin Parkinson) Cytuj 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ February 24th 2018,17:41:34 )

Ungrateful *** aren't you !!
Next time don't ask for advice in the forum as obviously you think you know it all having played since season 10....*** 😕

Comments such as this being allowed in any forum by the Admin. says so much about the decline of the game , used to be very good, now......
Andrew Wilden
(Grupa Pro - 10)

Kraj:
Australia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (0)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (2)
Stary post #34 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 19:06:06 Cytuj 
Why ???...........if it is truthful it should be allowed.
Alan why don't you quit while you are behind LOL
Max Watson
(Grupa Master - 3)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (6)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #35 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 19:10:44 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 19:40:16 przez Kevin Parkinson) Cytuj 
Quote ( Andrew Wilden @ February 24th 2018,17:41:34 )

Ungrateful *** aren't you !!
Next time don't ask for advice in the forum as obviously you think you know it all having played since season 10....*** 😕

I'm not sure this reaction was necessary, Andrew. Advice has been offered; whether the petitioner accepts it gracefully is their lookout.

Quote ( Alan Bean @ February 24th 2018,12:48:06 )

So, at season start I entered negotiations with a sponsor, soon after another started with the same one. After each race the graph showed me as being ahead, after last Tuesdays race I was still ahead and expected period of time to complete 2 races, on Friday before the race I received the message that the sponsor had dropped out having signed the other guy, even more annoying the other manager turns out to be my nearest rival in the group !! Totally gutted and bemused.

A third party snuck in under the radar between the time you entered negotiations and the start of the race.

I wouldn't worry too much though, Alan: you don't particularly need the money in rookie. You'll have plenty of opportunity to make cash in amateur – just try to select your sponsors carefully, and check their status as close to the end of the qualifying window as possible. If you have a team (or even a friend), they can help you estimate how many other managers are negotiating with a given sponsor.
Alan Bean
(Grupa Rookie - 102)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #36 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 19:20:02 Cytuj 
Thank you Max, sanity at last ! :-)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupa Retired)

Załoga GPRO
  Kraj:
Szkocja 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (4)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (0)
Stary post #37 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 19:49:38 Cytuj 
Quote ( Alan Bean @ February 24th 2018,13:46:09 )

the original comment of mine was merely to express my annoyance. Nuff said.

But if you're going to post it in a Newbie forum thread when people are giving advice and guidance on sponsors, you surely have to expect people to offer advice and guidance on your issue?

No idea quite how that escalated so quickly - neither side was innocent, although one did seem a tad disproportionate. But if people giving and receiving advice can try and do so without coming across so negatively then the world forum would be all the better for it :) Play nice.
Aditya Karthik
(Grupa Amateur - 60)

Kraj:
Indie 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #38 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 20:38:40 Cytuj 
Quote ( Max Watson @ February 24th 2018,19:10:44 )

If you have a team (or even a friend), they can help you estimate how many other managers are negotiating with a given sponsor.

This is one area I could never figure it out...!! I thought it was not even possible to estimate..! Even though I have managed to beat other managers in negotiation after joining the party late but I would really like to get this information..!

Time to ask my team and friends about this..!! Thanks Max :)
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Pro - 17)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (1)
Stary post #39 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 20:39:46 Cytuj 
Im with kevin here.

Im by no way on massively friendly basis with andrew but you sounded silly earlier Alan. Especially when people were offering advice.

Just my 2 pence.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #40 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 20:46:02 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 20:46:47 przez Mikko Heikkinen) Cytuj 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 24th 2018,14:11:54 )

The good thing is Alan - your results picked up last couple races...sure, a bit late for that sponsor but my advice is maybe try to check the negotiation page as close to the race deadline as you are able AND THEN make your choice of sponsor to negotiate with...that way you avoid the chance of a surprise somewhat...does seem you got caught out there, probably due to you starting the negotation a lot sooner than the rivals did.

Sorry but I find that at the very least partially inaccurate.

You didn't "get caught" due to starting the negotiation sooner than rivals, you "got caught" because you didn't monitor the development of the situation during the negotiation.

Singing a sponsor takes several races, could be done in (let's say) ~8 races, so you several opportunities to check up on the progress and evaluate if you are alone or in competition and how you stand in said competition.

Selecting the sponsor first/last in the window between races isn't the only thing there, you can also make choices after the negotiation has started.

specially in rookie where there can be ~13 active managers and 60+ free sponsors to negotiate with.

Ask yourself, which is worse: losing the negotiation when you've done ~90% or canceling the negotiation yourself early on

After all, there are still ~5 sponsors per manager free in your group, you could've quite easily switched to one of those after one race of negotiating.

Now... I'm not saying that backing down would be the correct choice, just suggesting that it also is an option which as manager you might consider.
Michael Jones
(Grupa Amateur - 95)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Postaw plusa za ten post. (1)   Postaw minusa za ten post. (5)
Stary post #41 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 20:50:29 Cytuj 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ February 24th 2018,20:39:46 )

Im with kevin here.

Im by no way on massively friendly basis with andrew but you sounded silly earlier Alan. Especially when people were offering advice.

Just my 2 pence.

Still there was no need for the abuse he said .

Every other Broswer game I play Andrew would be banned from them for that language.
Edwin Silva
(Grupa Master - 3)

Kraj:
Kolumbia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #42 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 21:58:06 Cytuj 
After all this turmoil, this might at least serve as a good lesson for many managers. Obfuscation happens when 3 or more managers are pursuing the same sponsor, with naturally higher degree of obfuscation the more managers are negotiating with the sponsor.

I guess most managers have been at two sides of the story: either going ahead by a lot and puzzling why the rivals won't fold or being ahead by a bit and then getting hit in the balls when all of a sudden the sponsor got signed by another manager. Actually, most of the times both cases are due to the same thing: one or more of the rivals was at an actual quite low advance, so in the first case the manager with the second highest advance saw a lower average than his advance or, in the second case, you were that manager with the second highest advance.

The main lessons here are, then:

i. Don't get confident only because you're above the average advance. Especially if the sponsor is a very good one (which means many people are interested in signing it) and there are more than 2 rivals (higher obfuscation). Heck, sometimes you need to account for the absolute worst escenario. assuming the third rival (in a 3 way negotiation) is actually at the absolute lowest possible advance per race, because many times a real negotiation is actually quite close to that.

ii. Being a third wheel with no hopes in a negotiation is normally bad business for everybody. For the rivals, because at least one of them will be wasting their time. For you, because you're wasting advance for nothing, and actually you'd do better by investing your negotiation time in other sponsors and leaving those 2 or more other people alone. But also because of some common sense: you don't gain anything by trolling a negotiation and, instead, you'll frustrate people without getting anything in return.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 8)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #43 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 22:05:55 Cytuj 
why has this thread turned into the equivalent of a sharknado trilogy?!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #44 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 22:14:47 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 22:15:03 przez Mikko Heikkinen) Cytuj 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 24th 2018,22:05:55 )

why has this thread turned into the equivalent of a sharknado trilogy?!

OMG, now I haz to watch that :P
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 8)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #45 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 22:20:38 Cytuj 
I can't believe they knocked out 5 of those films now...only seems like yesterday the first god damn awful one came out...somehow its a cult classic tho...no idea why!
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #46 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 22:36:17 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 22:37:03 przez Mikko Heikkinen) Cytuj 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 24th 2018,22:20:38 )

somehow its a cult classic tho...no idea why!

A bit like Mars Attacks!

Maybe for being so bad... they be almost good :P :D

/offtopic
Edwin Silva
(Grupa Master - 3)

Kraj:
Kolumbia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #47 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 22:41:36 Cytuj 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ February 24th 2018,22:36:17 )

/offtopic

/offtopic is the best kind of topic.

Plus come on, sharknado is so bad it's good, trailing closely behind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKAwXLVxuZQ .
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 8)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #48 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:33:15 Cytuj 
I expected that to be a link to snakes on a plane / train :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #49 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:35:48 Cytuj 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ February 24th 2018,23:33:15 )

I expected that to be a link to snakes on a plane / train :)

That's not so bad it would be good, that's just plain ol' bad
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 8)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #50 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:41:05 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 24 2018, 23:45:37 przez Stuart Foster) Cytuj 
I think the only 'bad' films I can safely say I ever 'enjoyed' (and both are regarded as somewhat classic) are Evil Dead 2 and Tremors. Now, sharnado ain't a patch on that hand going ape, or grandma's eye popping out (or the moose on the wall that springs to life)...and in tremors the god awful Kevin Bacon trying to cosy up to the bird while worms pop out of the ground. Actually, the guy with all the heavy artillery is more funny....or even the fact the worms somehow developed brains as the film went on (!)

Has Kevin Bacon actually ever been in a decent film. I really don't think he has. And if you say footloose you're gonna get a tank slap ;)
Michael Keeney
(Grupa Pro - 17)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #51 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:44:43 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 25 2018, 00:06:47 przez Florencia Caro) Cytuj 
Michael you've been so boring of late.

Mod Edited: removed inappropriate language
Daneks Britāls
(Grupa Amateur - 2)

Kraj:
Łotwa 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #52 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:48:03 Cytuj 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ February 24th 2018,05:06:28 )

The sponsors don't cancel the contract without a reason.

Oh really? :D

Guy says promised low positions. Sponsor ok with that and signs. then he cancels. Reason?

Of course i know the reasons. But explain them to our new guy in popular language.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Rookie - 8)

Kraj:
Anglia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #53 Opublikowane Lut 24 2018, 23:58:15 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 25 2018, 00:12:37 przez Stuart Foster) Cytuj 
Quote ( Daneks Britāls @ February 24th 2018,23:48:03 )

Guy says promised low positions. Sponsor ok with that and signs. then he cancels. Reason?

It is possible to avoid cancellation though even with more than ok results after promising low position in order to meet the required satisfactory answer. Being more choosey with which types of sponsors you negotiate with has its merits with regard to avoiding an early cancellation. Of course...not everyone has the luxury of being so choosey at some levels.
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupa Master - 1)

Kraj:
Finlandia 
Certyfikowany: 
Stary post #54 Opublikowane Lut 25 2018, 00:05:27 (ostatnio edytowany Lut 25 2018, 00:07:24 przez Mikko Heikkinen) Cytuj 

But explain them to our new guy in popular language.

If you didn't get it, then re-read the post you quoted, it's in the same post

Of course i know the reasons.

I thought you would know, but now I'm not so sure.
since you had to ask :)
Strona « 1 [2 Szybko idź do strony:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > I'm feeling tricked by a sponsor Dodaj ten wątek do ignorowanych Dodaj ten wątek do obserwowanych

Odpowiedz w tym wątku