Página [1
Autor Tópico: Changing tyre suppliers 20 respostas
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:23:17 (Editado em 26 Mai 2010, 15:26:04 por Thomas Lindgren) Citar 
We can change drivers and TD's in the middle of their contract and pay 50% of their remaining salaries.

My suggestion is that we can do the same with the tyre suppliers.

This would be most needed if you want to switch from a cheaper supplier to a more expensive, since doing the opposite could seriously damage your economy. I doubt that someone would race two races with Michelini's and then change to Pipirelli's since that would mean almost $40M in compensation instantly.
Erkki Tempel
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:26:39 Citar 
But this means who want to save money, they just use pipis for all 15 races and last to races buy mihcelinis and race with them.. I don't think it is good :S
Alin Costrasuc
(Grupo Amateur - 10)

País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:27:05 Citar 
But that would mean additional work for the game developers !
Travis Lim
(Grupo Rookie - 97)

País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:29:16 Citar 
I don't see why not - though you are dealing with a company now, not individuals as in drivers/TDs
Alin Costrasuc
(Grupo Amateur - 10)

País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:33:03 Citar 
I am in Amateurs. My main objective was to avoid relegation and I did that. I want to use wooden wheels till the remainder of the season.
Gordon Ashford
(Grupo Rookie - 224)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:39:23 Citar 
I think that for something like this to work then the price for using the tyres has to be somewhat dynamic.

For example you can probably pick up a driver cheaper if you offer him a 17 race contract than you will if you offer him 3 races.

So why should a tyre supplier who you can contract for 17 races at 5Mill per race let you have tyres for just two races at the same price.

I would have the price per race increase as the number of races left in the season diminishes, and also I would have a cut off point, after which tyre suppliers will no longer talk to managers about starting a contract (say 3 races for sake of argument). So once race 15 has started that is it for the season, no more changes of tyre suppliers are allowed.

Otherwise you could end up with someone running Pips for the first 14 races and saving a load of money. Paying off pips for just 3 races and then signing Michi's. Getting the result they want and cancelling the Michi contract and going back to Pips for the last couple of races.

For Michi above you could replace with Badyear if it was a wet race etc etc.

IN fact, that would lead me to one of two further conditions

1 - A minimum clause for the number of races used before a contract could be cancelled OR
2 - A limit of one tyre change per season.

Brendan Evans
(Grupo Amateur - 1)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:43:02 Citar 
Quote ( Gordon Ashford @ May 26th 2010,15:39:23 )

1 - A minimum clause for the number of races used before a contract could be cancelled OR

3 - Differences per division.
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 15:58:55 Citar 

I would rather have it as only 17 races contract can be signed. And then let the contract run over to the next season. It would be more interesting to see different tyre choices all season long. Either lock the tyre stats as they are now, or you just have to take that chance, that the tyres can be worse in the next season.

Quote ( Erkki Tempel @ May 26th 2010,15:26:39 )

But this means who want to save money, they just use pipis for all 15 races and last to races buy mihcelinis and race with them.. I don't think it is good :S

That would still apply for Pro's that relegate to Amateur or everyone that resets of course. It's the same with TD's and drivers now, but the tyres might be more opened to abuse.
I'm sure it would be solvable quite easily though.
Maybe a change would be possible just in the first five races or so?
Brian Branch
(Grupo Amateur - 24)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:07:53 Citar 
I generally like the current situation. People need to make a best judgement. Otherwise I'd just sign Pips & then sign the more expensive tires later. Of course this suggestion would only further encourage 1 race pushers (something this game doesn't need).
Ricardo Todd
(Grupo Pro - 13)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:09:42 (Editado em 26 Mai 2010, 16:10:23 por Ricardo Todd) Citar 
I would rather that there be the option for an 20 and/or 23 race contract (in addition to 17)... with a sliver of savings for the longer contracts...

(would of course prefer an auction with limited slots and decaying prices that are then reset for each preseason market - price goes to full and stays after the second pre-market)
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:10:09 Citar 
Quote ( Brian Branch @ May 26th 2010,16:07:53 )

I generally like the current situation. People need to make a best judgement. Otherwise I'd just sign Pips & then sign the more expensive tires later.

Of course, you shouldn't be able to do that. Either by only having the option to change suppliers very early on, or simply by only allowing 17 race contracts.

Of course this suggestion would only further encourage 1 race pushers (something this game doesn't need).

Agree. That's why I'm trying to suggest something that would avoid that.
Nikhil Shah
(Grupo Master - 3)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:29:22 (Editado em 26 Mai 2010, 16:31:28 por Nikhil Shah) Citar 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ May 26th 2010,16:10:09 )

Of course, you shouldn't be able to do that. Either by only having the option to change suppliers very early on, or simply by only allowing 17 race contracts.

What about the case where people sign Michelini in the first 4 races, score for retention and then choose pipirelli. Those people will effectively be approximately paying the same amount as BadYears for the remaining 13 races of the season.

Of course this suggestion would only further encourage 1 race pushers (something this game doesn't need).

Agree. That's why I'm trying to suggest something that would avoid that.

EDIT, If I understand correctly, you're suggesting quite the opposite. If not, could you elaborate?
Stefan V der Straeten
(Grupo Amateur - 43)

País:
Bélgica 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:38:59 Citar 
why are 1 race pushers bad? they only try to stay in their division, so for the real point scorers they aren't a threat. there is nothing bad bout pushing for 1 race...
Krasen Belev
(Grupo Pro - 10)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 16:46:23 Citar 
Quote ( Erkki Tempel @ May 26th 2010,15:26:39 )

+1 :/
Chinmay Dhopate
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Índia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 17:23:43 Citar 
Quote ( Thomas Lindgren @ May 26th 2010,15:58:55 )

I would rather have it as only 17 races contract can be signed. And then let the contract run over to the next season. It would be more interesting to see different tyre choices all season long. Either lock the tyre stats as they are now, or you just have to take that chance, that the tyres can be worse in the next season.

I don't think 17 race contracts beginning in mid season would be right in the current climate when the tyre stats change every season. With drivers and TDs, the stats are fixed (more or less). You know what you are paying for.

If (or when) the admins do fix the tyre stats for all the tyres, then this idea would be good.
Thomas Lindgren
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Suécia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 26 Mai 2010, 17:32:09 Citar 
Quote ( Nikhil Shah @ May 26th 2010,16:29:22 )

What about the case where people sign Michelini in the first 4 races, score for retention and then choose pipirelli. Those people will effectively be approximately paying the same amount as BadYears for the remaining 13 races of the season.

The difference is that they would get to pay off those money right away, not during the season, and that's quite some money.

Quote ( Chinmay Dhopate @ May 26th 2010,17:23:43 )

I don't think 17 race contracts beginning in mid season would be right in the current climate when the tyre stats change every season. With drivers and TDs, the stats are fixed (more or less). You know what you are paying for.

Seriously, how much has the tyre stats changed? If we skip the first "learning" season, almost nothing has changed really.
Andrei Boytsov
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
Ucrânia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 10 Jul 2010, 22:43:06 (Editado em 10 Jul 2010, 22:43:41 por Andrei Boytsov) Citar 

I think that the tyre system has to work like driver's contract (extending) within the limits of 17 races of one full season.
The longer the contract - the better is price for race.

For example:
1 race = 7,5kk per race
2 races = 7,0kk
3 races = 6,8kk
17 races = 5kk

So, you can choose any variant. To sign tyre supplier for 17 races at once, or to divide into segments 3+5+3+6 (or anyway esle)

What do you think?
Dario De Palma
(Grupo Pro - 7)

País:
Itália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #18 colocada 10 Jul 2010, 22:50:29 (Editado em 10 Jul 2010, 23:00:48 por Dario De Palma) Citar 
Quote ( Andrei Boytsov @ July 10th 2010,22:43:06 )

For example:
1 race = 7,5kk per race
2 races = 7,0kk
3 races = 6,8kk
17 races = 5kk

So, you can choose any variant. To sign tyre supplier for 17 races at once, or to divide into segments 3+5+3+6 (or anyway esle)

What do you think?

Nice idea, but still should be allowed only 1 tyre supplier change per season and limited to a minimum of 5 races =

5 races = 7,5kk per race
7 races = 7,0kk
10 races = 6,5kk
12 races = 5.5kk
17 races = 5kk
Martyn Parker
(Grupo Amateur - 39)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #19 colocada 11 Jul 2010, 00:41:58 Citar 

I generally like the current situation. People need to make a best judgement. Otherwise I'd just sign Pips & then sign the more expensive tires later.

But by only allowing 17 race contracts the system wouldn't change. Because everyone's contract surely would start initially at race one if this system came into play and therefore would always end after race 17. So i think that's a blunt point.

I understand the thinking behind being able to change tyre suppliers just as easily as you can TD or driver but surely every aspect of management on GPRO doesn't need to have a common style.
I think having one variable, in this case tyre supplier, that has to be constant throughout the season makes things more interesting and means that you have to find the right balance to work with the tyres you have chosen.

Otherwise theoretically a manager could change TD, Driver and tyre supplier halfway through the season and effectively be a completely different entity on race day. I think having to stick with your choices, and think hard about them at season start, is a good thing.

Jean Chapados
(Grupo Pro - 8)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #20 colocada 22 Fev 2019, 14:51:13 Citar 
I was just tinking about the same idea and found this topic in the forum. In my case I picked my supplier base on my driver skill, but I realized that I wont be able to reniew my driver as I cannot reduce his motivation enough. It would have been nice to change my tyre based on my new driver. However I understand the argue against the idea. Abuse of a rule is always the issue.
Robert Green
(Grupo Pro - 6)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #21 colocada 22 Fev 2019, 17:38:57 Citar 
You could include an algorithm in that would randomly have a tire manufacturer say "no" to a team for either contract release or an in season switch.
Página [1

Responder a este tópico