Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Suggestions forum > Lowering motivation, most destructive aspect of the game Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página [12 3 ... 7 8 9 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Autor Tópico: Lowering motivation, most destructive aspect of the game 247 respostas
Sasa Popovic
(Grupo Amateur - 124)

País:
Sérvia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (8)   Não gostar desta mensagem (14)
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:22:56 Citar 
In the next season I have to lower the motivation of my driver. I think it will take 5 to 7 races to do so, and I will have to enter races just to lose them for a month. That is destructive for players and isn't interesting at all. It makes people stop playing, especially if they get a lower rank.
I suggest that AO doesn't influence the prolonging of the contract.
Mairo Toom
(Grupo Amateur - 34)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:25:49 Citar 
This is part of the managing your drivers contract, you must plan ahead the way you can renew his/her contract on correct time and don't have to worry so much about motivation.
Marius Ruţa
(Grupo Amateur - 75)

País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:27:02 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 10:27:54 por Marius Ruţa) Citar 
Quote ( Sasa Popovic @ July 20th 2014,10:22:56 )

In the next season I have to lower the motivation of my driver. I think it will take 5 to 7 races to do so, and I will have to enter races just to lose them for a month. That is destructive for players and isn't interesting at all. It makes people stop playing, especially if they get a lower rank.

So basically you`d want everyone in the lower tiers to have Elite/Master level drivers? Not to mention the disadvantage new players will have when they face people that had the same driver for ages, with no OA limit to be concerned of.
Janne Kuokkanen
(Grupo Rookie - 343)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:28:54 Citar 
nothing will be made easier. so you just have to learn to control the OA :P
Hrvoje Hojsak
(Grupo Rookie - 156)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:29:36 Citar 
It's all part of game. If you don't want to lower motivation, keep some other stats lower :)
Or, try to get to higher divisions, you will have problem gaining motivation there :)
Anna Kowalska
(Grupo Rookie - 137)

País:
Polónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:35:34 Citar 
I guess that a better way than removing OA would be not counting motivation as part of OA - it would keep all benefits of the current system and would not force players to play in an unthematic way. But there probably is a strong argument against this that I am not seeing ;)
Mairo Toom
(Grupo Amateur - 34)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:36:35 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 10:37:17 por Mairo Toom) Citar 
Quote ( Anna Kowalska @ July 20th 2014,10:35:34 )

I guess that a better way than removing OA would be not counting motivation as part of OA - it would keep all benefits of the current system and would not force players to play in an unthematic way. But there probably is a strong argument against this that I am not seeing ;)

Would make keeping driver too easy and everyone would have super-drivers.

As motivation gives quite huge speed boost, then not counting this in OA would be quite stupid IMO.
Marius Ruţa
(Grupo Amateur - 75)

País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:37:37 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 10:37:52 por Marius Ruţa) Citar 
With motivation having such a big impact on OA calculation, it`s not going to happen. And besides, dropping motivation is the easiest and almost the only way of keeping the OA under control.
Phil Maunder
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 10:56:06 Citar 
Erm..... you don't actually HAVE TO lower your driver moti if you don't want to.

?:)
Michal Szopinski
(Grupo Master - 1)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:17:36 Citar 
Sasa, I suggest you learn the game first, what it's all about and why some things are the way they are, before you start suggesting some changes. ;)
That's all I'll say, don't want to cross into the FOBY territory here.
Fran Betancort
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:23:58 Citar 

First of all, changing this would mean that everyone could have a great driver without planning. So the ones who do an effort to plan his long term drivers OA and keep them for many seasons would lose that advantage. Whats the point in spending time and doing an effort to plan things if "lazy" people can do the same with no effort?

And second, OA doesn´t influence in contract extensions? Really? Whats the point then of the categories limits if you can extend drivers contract with no limits regarding OA?
Peter Thompson
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:29:20 Citar 
Hilarious.
Eric Bolder
(Grupo Amateur - 68)

País:
Holanda 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:33:46 Citar 
Or make it that contract extension OA doesnt take into account motivation then. Cause your method is a big extreme :p.
Fran Betancort
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:43:50 Citar 
Quote ( Eric Bolder @ July 20th 2014,11:33:46 )

Or make it that contract extension OA doesnt take into account motivation then.

Isn´t this extreme too? Motivation at max means 20 OA points. So you could have a driver of 105 in Rookie at the start of the season?

The OA impact of the motivation is there for a reason. If you are not going to take it into account why not simply eliminate Motivation? So you like the motivation boost but don´t want to deal with its impact in the OA? Bit unfair IMO ;)
Piotr Szmit
(Grupo Pro - 4)

País:
Polónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:48:02 Citar 

I suggest that AO doesn't influence the prolonging of the contract

If you want to reach higher group you need to used to it :) and remember the most important aspect of this game is your motivation, not your driver:) those moments when you simply need to earn money and let go races are really boring, but necessary.
Hrvoje Hojsak
(Grupo Rookie - 156)

País:
Croácia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 11:57:47 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 11:58:23 por Hrvoje Hojsak) Citar 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 20th 2014,11:43:50 )

So you like the motivation boost but don´t want to deal with its impact in the OA? Bit unfair IMO ;)

Well said :)
Giles Argent
(Grupo Amateur - 69)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 12:04:20 Citar 
Also, your driver will drop around 3-4 OA over the season break. So, if you manage your drivers OA now by not increasing too much through adding more motivation, then you should drop sufficiently to renew your drivers contract.
Peter Willmore
(Grupo Amateur - 94)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #18 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 12:07:37 Citar 
Quote ( Giles Argent @ July 20th 2014,12:04:20 )

Also, your driver will drop around 3-4 OA over the season break.

That's rather misleading as that's not always the case :)

Changes at end of season are variable due to certain aspects of your driver :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Pro - 22)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #19 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 12:36:38 Citar 

I will have to enter races just to lose them for a month. That is destructive for players and isn't interesting at all.

If you don't want to do it, then don't do it. It's your management of your driver and contract which has put you in that situation where you need to make that choice.

There's plenty evidence out there of managers not doing this, or only doing it for two or three races at most, yet these managers are good enough to go from Rookie to Elite and win races there.

Point is, that contract renewal is a massively important part of the game, and the motivation impact on OA is a big part in that. Those that can manage it well - so avoid the need to spend many races deliberately losing - have an advantage of those that haven't mastered that area.

Should we simplify things to make it easier to manage? I wouldn't support that (and my planning isn't the best, by the way :p)
Martin Pino
(Grupo Rookie - 42)

País:
Itália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #20 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 12:55:33 Citar 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ July 20th 2014,12:36:38 )

Point is, that contract renewal is a massively important part of the game, and the motivation impact on OA is a big part in that.

And this is logical, in real life it would be the same effect.
Troy Sheahen
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #21 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:02:38 Citar 
i understand what you're saying sasa.

not only is it unrealistic it's boring and frustrating.

before people jump on me and say you need to learn how to do it yada yada. i know how to do it and i even understand why it's part of the game.

i'm just saying that i don't like it.

that said, i'm not sure that i can propose a better system.....
Fran Betancort
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #22 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:07:00 Citar 
Quote ( Troy Sheahen @ July 20th 2014,13:02:38 )

i'm just saying that i don't like it.

But you like when your driver goes faster because of high motivation huh? ;)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Pro - 22)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #23 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:18:23 Citar 
Quote ( Troy Sheahen @ July 20th 2014,13:02:38 )

know how to do it and i even understand why it's part of the game.

But you don't need to do it if you plan accordingly.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Bulgária 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #24 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:23:18 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 13:31:45 por Krasimir Ivanov) Citar 
Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 20th 2014,13:07:00 )

But you like when your driver goes faster because of high motivation huh? ;)

Can you show me where Erik and Troy said they like the speed boost that motivation brings? They made an entirely different point imo.

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ July 20th 2014,11:43:50 )

If you are not going to take it into account why not simply eliminate Motivation?

Now that's good suggestion. Motivation in its current form is a pretty stupid stat and the game won't lose anything if it simply disappeared. It is ridiculous that you can get one bad random, lose 70 motivation and suddenly you're 0.3s/lap slower just like that.

Andrei Ciuchi
(Grupo Master - 1)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Roménia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #25 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:24:05 Citar 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ July 20th 2014,13:23:18 )

Can you show me where Sasa said he likes the speed boost that motivation brings? I think the OP made an entirely different point.

Can you show me where Fran was talking about Sasa's post? :)
Kevin Parkinson
(Grupo Pro - 22)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Escócia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #26 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 13:40:47 Citar 

Now that's good suggestion. Motivation in its current form is a pretty stupid stat and the game won't lose anything if it simply disappeared. It is ridiculous that you can get one bad random, lose 70 motivation and suddenly you're 0.3s/lap slower just like that.

I disagree that removing motivation altogether would be a good thing and I feel it would impact in a negative way to the game if it wasn't there.

However, the impact of a total random, or a part failure of a <90% part, on motivation could well be reduced and I don't think anyone would be disappointed to see that.
Fran Betancort
(Grupo Amateur - 66)

País:
Espanha 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (2)
Mensagem antiga #27 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 14:07:14 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 14:08:49 por Fran Betancort) Citar 

Can you show me where Erik and Troy said they like the speed boost that motivation brings? They made an entirely different point imo.

can you show me where did I say they said that? I didn´t say it, and in Troy´s case, I asked, wich totally different ;)

LOL, Why not taking all stats out of the game and make the drivers equal? Complaining about Motivation impact in OA is like complaining about any other stat. Why not make Talent has much more less impact and that way we can all have 250 Talent drivers without needing to worry about OA?

This is a game Krasimir, there are rules, just get adappted to them and learn how to manage things as they are instead "fixing it" to solve your deficiencies ;)

I agree with you that the impact in Motivation when you have a random (a true one) could be lowered as Kevin pointed out, but eliminating Motivation from OA? No.

Shane Ferguson
(Grupo Amateur - 85)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #28 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 14:17:43 Citar 
keep in mind that you are not the only manager that has to take things like motivation control into account on this game..we all have to balance this throughout our careers on gpro.there are a few ways to do so without having to race for a month to get it lowered.;)
Troy Sheahen
(Grupo Pro - 20)

País:
Austrália 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #29 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 14:28:27 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 14:30:22 por Troy Sheahen) Citar 
actually instead of motivation....

how about form? that doesn't count against OA. i could be affected by training, results, testing and maybe even a random factor?

or maybe more realistic, how about driver ego? doesn't count against OA but a driver with an ego higher than 50 won't sign with a rookie manager, 100 amateur and 150 pro etc....this stat can go up with OA, results, experience etc?

Quote ( Shane Ferguson @ July 20th 2014,14:17:43 )

keep in mind that you are not the only manager that has to take things like motivation control into account on this game..

and i never said it wasn't fair. it's just not fun. how much better would it be if we could actually race every race!?
Max Watson
(Grupo Elite)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #30 colocada 20 Jul 2014, 14:42:23 (Editado em 20 Jul 2014, 14:55:08 por Max Watson) Citar 
Once again people seem to be mistaking this for a racing game; it's a management game. Driver OA (and, therefore, motivation) is just one of the many things requiring management. It's one of several measures that ensure no manager can have everything: if you want to raise other skills to the division limit you pay for that by having to reduce motivation.

Edited for a speeling mistok.
Página [12 3 ... 7 8 9 » Ir rapidamente para a página:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Suggestions forum > Lowering motivation, most destructive aspect of the game Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico