Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Dumb ways to waste money Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados
Página [1
Autor Tópico: Dumb ways to waste money 26 respostas
Ruben Ferreira
(Grupo Rookie - 147)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #1 colocada 21 Set 2022, 15:46:37 Citar 
So maybe a newbie in years to come will find this thread and will find value. I though it may be of value to newbies to hear someone of the dumb spending mistakes managers have made...
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #2 colocada 21 Set 2022, 15:49:30 Citar 
Testing every or nearly every race when I'm not going to promote. Dumb as a bag of hammers.
Kyle Morris
(Grupo Pro - 17)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #3 colocada 21 Set 2022, 15:50:37 Citar 
When i first started, i did one part at a time, even on a low % cause i thought that was how you had to do it and not when it got to a high % and not 1 part per race
promoted to master with no testing done
spent 2.2m on a driver once
probably numerous others
Ruben Ferreira
(Grupo Rookie - 147)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (3)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #4 colocada 21 Set 2022, 15:52:13 Citar 
I realized today that I extended my contact of my driver in rookie at an OA of 85 - I thought I was so smart because I had signed a talented driver very early and he is only getting better. Only now that he is a solid rookie driver at an OA of 99 have I cottoned-on to the fact that I am going to lose him next year having spent all that money on contract extension fees.

But it all cool because that is what rookie league is for - make dumb mistakes and learn from them.

**Why worry about yesterday's f!@# ups when you have so many f!@# ups to look forward to**
Ivan Silva
(Grupo Master - 5)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #5 colocada 21 Set 2022, 15:53:29 Citar 
Quote ( Ruben Ferreira @ September 21st 2022,15:46:37 )

So maybe a newbie in years to come will find this thread and will find value. I though it may be of value to newbies to hear someone of the dumb spending mistakes managers have made...

#1 Rookie mistake would be to upgrade parts unnecessarily. Car parts are the biggest expenditure in your seasonal budget so you need to plan to get the most out of them. Its all about financial efficiency
Geir Pukk
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #6 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:10:04 (Editado em 21 Set 2022, 16:11:23 por Geir Pukk) Citar 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ September 21st 2022,15:49:30 )

Testing every or nearly every race when I'm not going to promote. Dumb as a bag of hammers.

This is misleading depending on circumstances….
Ruben Ferreira
(Grupo Rookie - 147)

País:
África do Sul 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (0)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #7 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:26:43 Citar 
I once had wear on a part of like 90-something percent and I was like "Lets get some value out of that part before I replace it" - So did testing not realizing the cost implications - got like 10 laps before the part got to 100% wear.

Sad thing was that upgrading that part directly would have been significantly cheaper then the cost of test. Cost in this case far out weighed the benefits

Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #8 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:32:30 Citar 
You realise of course I am referring to rookie and amateur errors in judgment. :) Higher tiers it is another story when testing is planned. Regardless, I will probably find a way to screw that up as well.

Straight up if you are not promoting, testing 17 races is expensive and unless you continue you will lose, through the next season, what you have gained.

I do see conditions/training and planning that may require testing when not promoting in the season. Testing because you can afford it, is not a good 'plan' lol

All my plans are fluid. They get flushed real easy. :)
Ivan Silva
(Grupo Master - 5)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #9 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:43:01 Citar 
I assume you're talking about 100 lap test sessions. Which doesnt always need to apply
Ethan Littlejohns
(Grupo Amateur - 8)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #10 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:55:41 Citar 
I'm on 60 tests in the last 62 races and not promoting, I knew I was doing something wrong :P
Andy Goodall
(Grupo Amateur - 72)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #11 colocada 21 Set 2022, 16:59:36 Citar 
Quote ( Ethan Littlejohns @ September 21st 2022,16:55:41 )

I'm on 60 tests in the last 62 races and not promoting, I knew I was doing something wrong :P

I'm not far off that, testing = investment
Diogo Abdalla
(Grupo Master - 2)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #12 colocada 21 Set 2022, 17:46:40 (Editado em 21 Set 2022, 17:48:48 por Diogo Abdalla) Citar 

Testing every race might not be wise if you are in ama, but above its a whole different story. In any case, its still not stupid in most circustances
Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Master - 3)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #13 colocada 21 Set 2022, 17:54:25 Citar 
A very dumb way to waste money is - Offer maximum points bonuses on your new driver thinking it was win bonuses that you were offering for. Now, you can either win or podium, or score points and lose a lot of money :P
David Evans
(Grupo Amateur - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #14 colocada 21 Set 2022, 18:33:00 Citar 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ September 21st 2022,16:32:30 )

Straight up if you are not promoting, testing 17 races is expensive and unless you continue you will lose, through the next season, what you have gained.

Driver stamina, CCP's and staff untrainables all benefits of regularly testing, that and maximising part wear
Roy Mitchell
(Grupo Amateur - 47)

País:
Canadá 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #15 colocada 21 Set 2022, 18:42:37 Citar 
@Diogo Abdalla (M2) It is not wise and I didn't say 'stupid' just a little dumb. Unless you are testing something with a purpose. i.e Ethan's situation. His car must be related to the level 10 HULK by now. :) I could be wrong maybe he just likes to test. lol

Pro and above requires testing to stay alive. at least for me. Investing by testing is a viable proposition and it does have rewards.

However, $1 million to test and parts wear adds up to a bunch of money, times 17. Even a bigger bunch of money and difficult to maintain the cash out lay.

You have benefits and add CCP points to the car PHA but when you stop testing CCP points may start to deteriorate. Strategic testing with other than 100 laps is possible and a little less costly.
Chris Shaw
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #16 colocada 21 Set 2022, 18:44:40 Citar 
I recently hired a driver in the final race before demoting from Master. His exp increase of +1 at the season break was enough for me to not keep him when I demoted, meaning I wasted 500k on the bid, and 2.5m on the signing bonus, plus 1m on firing my driver.
Tomas Dederle
(Grupo Amateur - 50)

País:
República Checa 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (2)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #17 colocada 21 Set 2022, 18:50:35 (Editado em 21 Set 2022, 18:52:42 por Tomas Dederle) Citar 

If I imagine I am a newbie and I have no data...and I am not going to promote...what is the better way to find out the accurate difference in tire wear of different tires under different temperature, the set up of car in different temperature...the set up difference beteen dry and wet ..than on the test track which is always the same and with driver who is always the same?

testing is not only good for car points or driver improvement...it is surprisingly also good for....testing. :-P I use my temp conversion just from testing in Rookies... and I do not see it as dumb waste of money...

So to answer the question:
Dumb waste of money was trying to get certification without reading the rules...that with every other attempt I will pay for it :-)

Chris Shaw
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #18 colocada 21 Set 2022, 19:42:58 Citar 
Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ September 21st 2022,17:54:25 )

A very dumb way to waste money is - Offer maximum points bonuses on your new driver thinking it was win bonuses that you were offering for. Now, you can either win or podium, or score points and lose a lot of money :P

if we count this, then i've accidentally lost loads of money trying to avoid winning races "too effectively" and wasted loads winning races by accident all because of my win bonus...
Kaur Sirel
(Grupo Pro - 16)

País:
Estónia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #19 colocada 21 Set 2022, 19:51:17 Citar 
Quote ( Kai Wen Chew @ September 21st 2022,17:54:25 )

The very dumb way to waste money is to listen to Kai's advice and follow it.

Kai Wen Chew
(Grupo Master - 3)

Equipa GPRO
  País:
Singapura 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #20 colocada 21 Set 2022, 23:07:36 Citar 
Quote ( Kaur Sirel @ September 21st 2022,19:51:17 )

The very dumb way to waste money is to listen to Kai's advice and follow it.

I give 5* rated advice thank you very much! :P
George Togas
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Grécia 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (7)   Não gostar desta mensagem (0)
Mensagem antiga #21 colocada 21 Set 2022, 23:12:26 Citar 
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but the dumpest way is to give your credit card to a woman
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupo Pro - 2)

País:
Portugal 
Certificado: 
Gostar desta mensagem (1)   Não gostar desta mensagem (1)
Mensagem antiga #22 colocada 21 Set 2022, 23:16:21 Citar 

Ok, on a more serious note :P

Dumb way of wasting your money (and time) is to get a crap driver that isn't a project driver. Don't make up stuff. Just get a good driver :P
Ken Neihart
(Grupo Pro - 19)

País:
Estados Unidos da América 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #23 colocada 22 Set 2022, 00:37:15 Citar 
Quote ( George Togas @ September 21st 2022,23:12:26 )

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but the dumpest way is to give your credit card to a woman

Finally someone making sense in this thread :)
Mikko Heikkinen
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Finlândia 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #24 colocada 22 Set 2022, 00:48:09 (Editado em 22 Set 2022, 00:48:37 por Mikko Heikkinen) Citar 
Quote ( Ruben Ferreira @ September 21st 2022,15:46:37 )

I though it may be of value to newbies to hear

It's pointless (yet too common) to update car before R1. It's essentially throwing away shiny new (even unused) parts.

There's nothing to gain by doing that^^ just waste
Josh Clark
(Grupo Master - 4)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #25 colocada 22 Set 2022, 01:08:57 Citar 
Facilities suck for their cost. Most of them anyway...

And downgrading parts is an underrated, circumstancial way to save money
Wilian Souza
(Grupo Pro - 5)

País:
Brasil 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #26 colocada 22 Set 2022, 02:52:51 Citar 

Maybe the manager is raising his driver's stamina, isn't it good?
Chris Shaw
(Grupo Pro - 3)

País:
Inglaterra 
Certificado: 
Mensagem antiga #27 colocada 22 Set 2022, 10:52:02 Citar 
Quote ( George Togas @ September 21st 2022,23:12:26 )

I just gave my credit card details to Vlad in exchange for some benefits on a text based web game. trololol :)
Página [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Newbie forum > Dumb ways to waste money Ignorar este tópico Adicionar este tópico à lista de tópicos vigiados

Responder a este tópico