Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > PLATINUM CUP [S72] International Group Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina [12 3 » Du-te rapid la pagina:
Autor Subiect: PLATINUM CUP [S72] International Group 66 replici
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Amateur - 12)

Moderator topic
Posturi: 1328
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (8)   Nu-mi place acest post (6)
Postare veche #1 postat Dec 17 2018, 21:27:46 (editat ultima dată Aug 25 2019, 10:19:11 de Guillaume Pages) Citează 

Find all the results of the International group.

All the info on the competition: /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28410

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
PLATINUM HISTORY
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Find all the history of the competition in the archives:
S68 : http://team46.forumactif.org/t1552-platinum-cup-history-s68
S69 : http://team46.forumactif.org/t1553-platinum-cup-history-s69

Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Amateur - 12)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (2)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #2 postat Dec 19 2018, 05:30:53 (editat ultima dată Apr 30 2019, 06:43:43 de Guillaume Pages) Citează 
Season 70

Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #3 postat Apr 27 2019, 08:33:16 (editat ultima dată Mai 1 2019, 18:42:33 de Guillaume Pages) Citează 
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #4 postat Apr 29 2019, 20:01:36 Citează 
Small change on the international group that will merge with the europe group and the american group. All of your returns went in that direction. There was just the thorny question of the distribution of the new group, all the teams that were to be in the Gold division will not be.

I had applied what the regulation says for the creation of a new group or the arrival of new teams but that is not the case at all.

After reflection, the most fair to favor what made a great season last year and who was to be in the top of the seeded this season, I decided to do so:
Make 4 groups.
- The first would include the 6 finalists from the 3 groups of the past seasons.
- The second would include the 6 semi-finalists
- the third, the finalists in the repechage
- Last all the other teams.
Within each group, the ranking of seeded players would be done by the average number of points last season.

It is I find for the moment the best compromise on the spirit of the cup, with a system of impact of the results of the past season on the present season.

I am waiting for your feedback and cos comments before making my final arbitration. Feel free to suggest ideas.

Thank you all
Alan Horsley
(Grupa Master - 1)

Posturi: 2085
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #5 postat Apr 29 2019, 20:12:22 Citează 
That sounds fine to me.
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6 postat Apr 30 2019, 06:45:44 Citează 
17 teams engaged in the international group. There are still some places I leave the day for latecomers.

Attention, the table above is not definitive for the ranking of the seed

Thank you all for your participation

Gabriel Arbona
(Grupa Master - 4)

Posturi: 968
  Ţară:
Argentina 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #7 postat Apr 30 2019, 17:36:28 Citează 
So, everything changed?
Sébastien Boulanger
(Grupa Amateur - 79)

Posturi: 1191
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #8 postat Apr 30 2019, 17:54:49 Citează 
Yes everything can change, the team result Will determine ranking, but if i follow the message above, it's just to give a group in sub division...
I'm not sure the table above was good !
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 445
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #9 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:06:49 Citează 
I've brought this up with Guillaume separately but it makes a lot more sense for me if last season's results determine the seedings. Perhaps R1 & 2 results can be used as a tiebreaker/bonus points for marginal rankings.

It probably won't make a big difference for a lot of teams, but will for some.
James Hitchen
(Grupa Master - 4)

Posturi: 592
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #10 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:17:36 Citează 
Personally I think doing this based off of the R1 & 2 points is the best way otherwise people who won easy groups may be against considerably stronger teams from different divisions. I think doing it this way will give much closer matches and be more exciting.

The difference in seedings will have a massive effect on the two teams I'm entering, one will get absolutely trounced if it goes on last season the other will be doing the trouncing as they would enter at the bottom. Neither seem enjoyable so I cant see the big effect really being a positive one for anyone. Thats why i believe basing it from R1 & 2 is the right choice. :)
Gabriel Arbona
(Grupa Master - 4)

Ţară:
Argentina 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #11 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:23:09 Citează 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ April 30th 2019,18:06:49 )

I've brought this up with Guillaume separately but it makes a lot more sense for me if last season's results determine the seedings

That does not seem so fair, our team achieved 5 promotions the previous season, so now we do not have the same competitiveness as at the end of the previous season, I think
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Master - 2)

Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #12 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:42:15 Citează 
Because if you did well the previous seasons, presumably you are in the top group? I don’t mean ONLY last season. It’s just like in football, where you are in a division based on how you did in the previous season.

Sure, you might have a shocking season and lose all your matches in the top division, but at least you relegate to the second division rather than the third! That is how the platinum cup currently works anyway - if you win the group and the playoff you earn promotion for the following season.

Perhaps there is added complication because not all the sections have equal number of groups, so how do you weight them etc when deciding how to merge, but to base on R1&2 feels more like saying “you won your two pre season friendlies so you get to play in the top division instead of last year's second division winners”.
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Master - 2)

Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #13 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:44:28 Citează 
Quote ( Gabriel Arbona @ April 30th 2019,18:23:09 )

Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ April 30th 2019,18:06:49 )

I've brought this up with Guillaume separately but it makes a lot more sense for me if last season's results determine the seedings
That does not seem so fair, our team achieved 5 promotions the previous season, so now we do not have the same competitiveness as at the end of the previous season, I think

So you would prefer to be in a lower division and win rather than the top division and lose?

Hard to argue if that’s what you think, I’d have thought your reward for such a good season would be a chance to race with the best teams, even if you’re going to lose.
Twig Fahaji
(Grupa Master - 2)

Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #14 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:47:48 Citează 
Quote ( James Hitchen @ April 30th 2019,18:17:36 )

Personally I think doing this based off of the R1 & 2 points is the best way otherwise people who won easy groups may be against considerably stronger teams from different divisions. I think doing it this way will give much closer matches and be more exciting.

The difference in seedings will have a massive effect on the two teams I'm entering, one will get absolutely trounced if it goes on last season the other will be doing the trouncing as they would enter at the bottom. Neither seem enjoyable so I cant see the big effect really being a positive one for anyone. Thats why i believe basing it from R1 & 2 is the right choice. :)

Agree that the matches might end up being less even, but I assumed people treated more as a league where a successful season results in being in a higher division, even if it means relegating. Because that is what currently happens, right?

Maybe people just want to enjoy close matches, which is fair enough but it means there should never be promotion or relegation, just a playoff to decide a winner before groups are allocated based on R1&2 again the following season.
James Hitchen
(Grupa Master - 4)

Posturi: 592
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #15 postat Apr 30 2019, 18:53:40 Citează 
I understand what you are saying Twig, usually the current method is definitely the best way and would be if it was say 2 different groups merging. What is currently happening is so many merging people are going to be out of position anyway and its not really going to really represent what was earned last season anyway. I suppose it also depends how many new teams there are, if its mostly just teams from last season I suppose your preferred method would be appropriate but should there be a lot of teams who didn't compete last season we might as well treat it like a fresh start.

I suppose what I'm saying is it could get messy based on what is seen as better and how many teams can be clearly differentiated on who is more deserving.
Gabriel Arbona
(Grupa Master - 4)

Ţară:
Argentina 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #16 postat Apr 30 2019, 19:09:04 Citează 
Quote ( Twig Fahaji @ April 30th 2019,18:44:28 )

So you would prefer to be in a lower division and win rather than the top division and lose?

Maybe I did not know how to express myself, I just said that we will be less competitive, but, of course, it is more exciting to compete against much stronger teams, although we already know the result.
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (2)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #17 postat Mai 1 2019, 14:11:08 (editat ultima dată Iun 1 2019, 08:32:29 de Guillaume Pages) Citează 

Jay De Snoo
(Grupa Master - 1)

Posturi: 928
  Ţară:
Olanda 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #18 postat Mai 1 2019, 18:26:32 Citează 
Borg and us (Red Bulldog) were pre-change in a final for Gold division (and we were ahead). So very very odd (and seemingly unfair) we're suddenly in Bronze now
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #19 postat Mai 1 2019, 18:40:27 Citează 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ May 1st 2019,18:26:32 )

Borg and us (Red Bulldog) were pre-change in a final for Gold division (and we were ahead). So very very odd (and seemingly unfair) we're suddenly in Bronze now

Your match against Borg was a playoff between 6th in the Gold Division and 3rd in the Silver Division. You lost that match, and so if there was no group grouping, you would have been seeded number 11 which is why you are in the bronze division. There was no Bronze division in the past in these 3 groups, so inevitably there are teams that meet there while some parts it should not.

I just realized that I did not put the result of this playoff, it's done.
Alexei Malkin
(Grupa Amateur - 37)

Posturi: 2615
  Ţară:
Rusia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #20 postat Mai 1 2019, 19:04:07 Citează 
I still didn't understand why we are in silver division again after our last season win there
Jay De Snoo
(Grupa Master - 1)

Posturi: 928
  Ţară:
Olanda 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #21 postat Mai 1 2019, 19:30:46 (editat ultima dată Mai 1 2019, 20:00:06 de Jay De Snoo) Citează 

So 3rd silver last season and 2nd silver seeding this season, last edited yesterday(!) goes to bronze....

>> is that because of play-off match (unfair) or new system (mistake made)

While for example both Venezuela Racing Team and Cuccioli Malati, both seeding Bronze resp. #1 & #6 are both in Silver.

While Scorpion, also lower on seeding list and with half our AP but in same group (B) is in silver...

How is this not (incomprehensible) juggling with figures?

Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 3021
  Ţară:
Belgia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #22 postat Mai 1 2019, 19:33:24 (editat ultima dată Mai 1 2019, 19:37:46 de Jasper Coosemans) Citează 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ May 1st 2019,19:04:07 )

I still didn't understand why we are in silver division again after our last season win there

You were in the 2nd division out of 2, now you're in the 2nd division out of 3. So in relative terms you are still in a 'higher' league than last season. Three leagues have merged, he can't put everyone in Gold. All the teams that are now in Gold were 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their Gold division last season.

It's a bit controversial but I don't really see a better and more fair way to do it.
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 3021
  Ţară:
Belgia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #23 postat Mai 13 2019, 22:58:53 Citează 
That was a slightly unexpected (and slightly lucky) victory against MatrEshka! I think it's going to be an interesting group, next match is another crucial one. Good luck, Bad Boys.
Sébastien Boulanger
(Grupa Amateur - 79)

Posturi: 1191
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #24 postat Mai 24 2019, 14:13:12 Citează 
Guillaume don't answered to my last message.
If you have send him your composition, in case of any problem, can you send me it too ?
I'm recomputing the last race, if i can, i'll publih the teams if he is not here before tomorow !
Deadline : 6PM CET - 30mn before qualifies closure !
Michael Armbruster
(Grupa Amateur - 37)

Posturi: 1702
  Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #25 postat Mai 25 2019, 16:09:20 Citează 
Red Bulldog Racing has nominated Remus Renner for race 10. But Remus left the team in race 6. So what happens now?
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #26 postat Mai 27 2019, 05:55:48 Citează 

Quote ( Michael Armbruster @ May 25th 2019,16:09:20 )

Red Bulldog Racing has nominated Remus Renner for race 10. But Remus left the team in race 6. So what happens now?

It will be considered DNS, and the substitute will take its place.
Michael Armbruster
(Grupa Amateur - 37)

Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #27 postat Mai 29 2019, 22:52:57 (editat ultima dată Mai 29 2019, 22:53:08 de Michael Armbruster) Citează 
Thanks for the clarification, Guillaume! :)

So who is Red Bulldogs Racing substitute? It would be kind of cool to know, whether we won the double last race. ;)
Michael Armbruster
(Grupa Amateur - 37)

Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #28 postat Iun 1 2019, 14:13:48 Citează 
VPR finished second in the Bronze group and is marked with Q. So what have we qualified for? Anymore knockout matches this season or a relegation match next season?
Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #29 postat Iun 1 2019, 15:20:52 (editat ultima dată Iun 23 2019, 19:49:07 de Guillaume Pages) Citează 
Final phase

Guillaume Pages
(Grupa Master - 3)

Moderator topic
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #30 postat Iun 1 2019, 15:29:36 Citează 
Quote ( Michael Armbruster @ June 1st 2019,14:13:48 )

VPR finished second in the Bronze group and is marked with Q. So what have we qualified for? Anymore knockout matches this season or a relegation match next season?

If still elimination games for everyone. The "Q" means qualified for the main draw, but in the particular case where the division has only one group, all teams are qualified for the main round with 2 stakes.

The 2 finalists will qualify for the silver division. The 3rd will play a playoff against the 6th in the silver division. The 4th will remain in bronze division. There will be some bad luck in the divisional final, since it determines the top seeds. And the better you are ranked, the easier are the opponents next season. hence the importance of all games.
Pagina [12 3 » Du-te rapid la pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Forum games > PLATINUM CUP [S72] International Group Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect