Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 10 11 [12 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Autor Subiect: [F1] 2020 season 336 replici
Lee Ifans
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Posturi: 3377
  Ţară:
Venezuela g 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #331 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:12:53 Citează 
Vettel is gone guys. He's an incredibly talented driver, but he just can't drive the current spec F1 cars.
Joe Manifold
(Grupa Rookie - 53)

Posturi: 12244
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #332 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:15:46 Citează 
Vetted in a mid-field car is not a good mix. He has proved that overtaking isn't his best strengths. If Ferrari don't improve their car quick, i feel like he will continue to prove it this season.
Tim Wagner
(Grupa Pro - 6)

Posturi: 6154
  Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #333 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:20:42 (editat ultima dată Iul 10 2020, 17:21:06 de Tim Wagner) Citează 
I disagree. With a proper car he has shown that he can overtake (against Bottas in Silverstone 2018 for example, but also in other situations) and can go wheel-to-wheel. But he needs a stable rear or else he has no confidence and screws up.

If you watch his onboards against Leclerc's in Austria, he struggles so much more with the way the car goes, constantly having to correct, nearly spinning, locking up etc. Leclerc can either cope with that better, or his car was setup differently, as he usually didn't seem bothered.
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Amateur - 49)

Posturi: 11700
  Ţară:
Țara Galilor 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #334 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:22:02 Citează 
I don't see Vettel having room anywhere unless he opts for a drive at Alfa or Williams. Does he really fancy that? Moreover, do they even fancy him? Sure, great press...but he's at the knackers yard when it comes to sitting behind the cockpit. Its sad to say, but I agree with others here, its over. He can probably look forward to a career wind down in sports cars.
Lee Ifans
(Grupa Pro - 3)

Posturi: 3377
  Ţară:
Venezuela g 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #335 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:25:29 (editat ultima dată Iul 10 2020, 17:26:05 de Lee Ifans) Citează 
That's why I'm not too mad at Renault for wasting a seat on Alonso, at least Ferrari had the foresight to take Vettel round the back of the garage and shoot him and put him out of his misery. Seb is still one of the best drivers the sport has ever seen. He should leave us all with that memory imo
Stuart Foster
(Grupa Amateur - 49)

Posturi: 11700
  Ţară:
Țara Galilor 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #336 postat Iul 10 2020, 17:28:03 Citează 
Quote ( Tim Wagner @ July 10th 2020,17:20:42 )

he struggles so much more with the way the car goes, constantly having to correct, nearly spinning, locking up etc. Leclerc can either cope with that better, or his car was setup differently, as he usually didn't seem bothered.

I do agree with that. I think Vettel is only comfortable tbh when he has all the grip that he needs. When he has that, he is a superb driver without question. Thing is, he will probably look back on his career with even more fondness for Adrian Newey than when he left cos for sure he gave hima ll the tools he needed to win those championships in the manner that the did. Driving on the rails, he is a match for any driver, including Hamilton. The trouble is, he's spent 3 years now fighting against the car. Like you say, Leclerc just seems to have been able to deal with it better. I do feel for Seb cos on his day I don't think anyone denies his talent, but sadly its just getting drowned out by both not having the equipment he needs to perform and consequently the mistakes he's making are just more and more apparent and erroneous.
Paulo Pinto1
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 2935
  Ţară:
Portugalia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #337 postat ieri la 16:56:58 Citează 
Another masterclass from Hamilton on wet conditions.
Pagina « 1 2 3 ... 10 11 [12 Du-te rapid la pagina:

Răspunde la acest subiect