Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Experience gain from Randoms Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina « 1 [2 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Autor Subiect: Experience gain from Randoms 37 replici
Roy Mitchell
(Grupa Amateur - 67)

Posturi: 5905
  Ţară:
Canada 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (2)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #31 postat Iul 3 2020, 19:40:05 Citează 
Any advantage/progress gained by 'random' events should not substantially benefit the manager.

It could be more as a way to offset the damage done by a 'random event' ie puncture/DNF or unexpected part failure w/ less than 75% wear. No refunds on parts that fail.

A random like a puncture could be viewed as an F1 wheel not properly installed. The result is the pit crew gain some experience to reduce the possibility of it occurring again. No guarantees of that changing anything but it would reduce the pain felt by the manager.

I envision that in all the time I've been here, I might deserve maybe 2 in Staff experience from 'random events' Including a promo season that was killed by 3 consecutive races with 'random' (?) events.

Essentially it could recognize an unfair script play and make amends.

However, the bigger problem is having an established description of a 'Random Event'
Athol Kay
(Grupa Pro - 9)

Posturi: 112
  Ţară:
S.U.A. 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #32 postat Iul 3 2020, 20:00:29 Citează 
Quote ( Felipe Aguiar @ July 3rd 2020,18:48:42 )

The random word could be applied to a variety of events, however, in GPRO a random is only an event that you have no control of whatsoever, therefore some people might be very surprised if something like this idea were to be applied just to discover that they get very little extra experience in a season, if any.

My assumption is there are 0-2 true randoms a season, and in my experience it seems to be more like 0-1 and 2 extremely unusual.

The most useful element of this though would be when the player believes they are the victim of GPRO just being pointlessly vicious, NOT getting a XP point is a clear message that their own choices had factored into the negative outcome. So no reason to ragequit if it's partly their fault.

So either way, player retention would be helped.

George Slater4
(Grupa Elite)

Posturi: 603
  Ţară:
Canada 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #33 postat Iul 3 2020, 20:05:11 Citează 
In terms of randoms causing drivers to gain exp, this sounds a lot like the thread Bert created a month ago where drivers would gain aggro with randoms.

It has the same problems, that doing so could damage or even destroy long-term plans, only exacerbating the effects of the random in the first place. Now the idea that it would just be a small gain has been brought up with the idea that it would be less harmful as it would be less likely to destroy long-term plans, but it still has the potential to do so through either multiple randoms, being combined with poor finishes and thus another stat gain, or though managers being either intentionally or inadvertently very close to what the OA limit allows in the first place.

And what exactly is the benefit of this? if the manager's in elite and can have more of everything I get the argument. But in lower leagues it's about managing OA. And even if it's not a situation of losing their driver managers may not want to have more experience, they may prefer to allocate that amount of OA to some other stat.

In terms of staff, giving maybe +1 staff exp for a true random is an idea that I like.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Grupa Master - 2)

Posturi: 2441
  Ţară:
Islanda 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #34 postat Iul 4 2020, 13:59:20 Citează 
I think raising Experience +1/2 as a result of a random, while lowering concentration for the same amount makes at least a little sense to me.

In RL, you often gain experience from "shit happens" scenarios, as you become more aware of the possibility of that type of situation arising.
You can also argue that it affects/decreases concentration at the same time, as you become more aware of the possibility of something happening that is out of your scope of control.

I see it a a tiny bit of a softener of the random blow, ,causing some to leave the game.

At least this way you get something out of the totally shit situation, a random truly is.
Sonny Long
(Grupa Rookie - 104)

Posturi: 42
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #35 postat Iul 4 2020, 15:11:20 Citează 
Quote ( Branislav Mihic @ July 2nd 2020,14:03:07 )

Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ July 2nd 2020,14:00:32 )

"You successfully sued Yokomama for $1.2 million of damages incurred by the puncture in Race X"

And then ofc we can also hire Lawyers! More depth to the game \o/

EDIT: and the Tyre manufacturer with the most punctures in Pro/Master/Elite gets suspended for a season.

Do we suspend Michis from Indianapolis in advance?

Yeah, I think the michelins getting banned for Indianapolis would be great(!) I also think that drivers under the age of 21 should get triple the normal XP to make them talented, because, you have drivers on the market who are teens and are u21...
Roy Mitchell
(Grupa Amateur - 67)

Posturi: 5905
  Ţară:
Canada 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (3)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #36 postat Iul 4 2020, 21:48:14 Citează 
The only area that this should affect is the Staff attributes and only after the season has finished. It's not something that you would receive the next race.

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, changing/tweaking and or altering the driver stats is NOT an option.

The more I think about this, I find that it may be difficult to have the race engine detect and record these 'random' events. Find where the algorithm went x% from the expected value?

It would appease those who felt 'hard done by' but not add any more value to playing the game.

I know in the time I've played.. man, I have cursed the 'stupid' game. However, I just LOVE it. Good racing y'all
Enzo Euler
(Grupa Rookie - 90)

Posturi: 82
  Ţară:
Argentina 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #37 postat Mar 4 2023, 15:52:30 Citează 
fuck randoms!!!!
Luke Frost
(Grupa Pro - 5)

Posturi: 11111
  Ţară:
Australia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (2)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #38 postat Mar 4 2023, 16:05:56 (editat ultima dată Mar 4 2023, 16:13:03 de Luke Frost) Citează 
Oh, no, the vulgar language. You sure showed them randoms
Pagina « 1 [2 Du-te rapid la pagina:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Experience gain from Randoms Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect