Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Bad Q1 stint but good Q2 stint Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina [1
Autor Subiect: Bad Q1 stint but good Q2 stint 12 replici
Vasilis Karapialis
(Grupa Rookie - 141)

Posturi: 76
  Ţară:
Grecia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #1 postat Ian 4 2022, 13:42:42 Citează 
Excuse my ignorance but how would you explain a constant bad Q1 from my driver but a really good Q2, compare to other drivers? (I use same risks on both Qs)
I mean, it's not a coincidence and it happens almost in all my Q sessions lately. Or maybe it's just happened?
What do you think ?
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Posturi: 2566
  Ţară:
Portugalia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #2 postat Ian 4 2022, 13:59:38 Citează 
Think about all the different things you can set between sessions.

In Q1 you can set:

- Setup
- Tyre
- Risk

In Q2 you can set:

- Setup
- Tyre
- Risk
- Fuel

So what changed from Q1 to Q2 so that your performance improved significantly? And maybe you can draw conclusions based on how the race will go for your opponents as well as yours based on that!
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Grupa Amateur - 80)

Posturi: 5682
  Ţară:
Polonia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #3 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:10:13 Citează 
Quote ( Vasilis Karapialis @ January 4th 2022,13:42:42 )

Excuse my ignorance but how would you explain a constant bad Q1 from my driver but a really good Q2, compare to other drivers? (I use same risks on both Qs)
I mean, it's not a coincidence and it happens almost in all my Q sessions lately. Or maybe it's just happened?
What do you think ?

I think that you usually start on Extra Softs. Am I right? :-)

Frederick Akpomie
(Grupa Rookie - 13)

Posturi: 99
  Ţară:
Nigeria 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #4 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:18:50 Citează 

What do you think ?

I think you're using less fuel compared to other drivers in Q2

Ryan Jones
(Grupa Rookie - 87)

Posturi: 165
  Ţară:
Franța 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (1)
Postare veche #5 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:19:52 Citează 

<!-- gpro_300x250 -->

(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});

What do you think ?
Not much I can say, it happens the other way round for me.
André de Carvalho
(Grupa Pro - 7)

Posturi: 447
  Ţară:
Brazilia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #6 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:22:29 Citează 
Looking at your quali times (both q1 and q2) and i have no idea how you took the conclusion that your Q1 is usually bad while your Q2 is good. They seem alike in pretty much all races especially comparing to the rest of the grid (maybe an exception here or there). Infact, you have been starting ahead most races and seems to be doing just fine besides overspending a huge amount of money that is going to end up harming your account very very soon. But that's a different subject... all in all, quali doesn't seem to be the problem, be it Q1 or Q2.
Jens Jäschke
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Posturi: 511
  Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #7 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:37:53 Citează 
The only consistent difference between Q1 and Q2 is the fuel you're lugging around. If you have less fuel in the tank than your opponents, you're obvioiusly going to do better than them in Q2, compared to Q1, where everyone has the same fuel (i.e. just enough to get round the track).
Less fuel might hurt you in the race, though, since you have to pit earlier.

Don't worry about your qualifying, though. You have bigger problems, namely your money. You brought a Ferrari to a Kart race, that's going to eat into your finances really quickly!
Vasilis Karapialis
(Grupa Rookie - 141)

Posturi: 76
  Ţară:
Grecia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #8 postat Ian 4 2022, 14:46:14 Citează 
I know about my finances. I was just doing a test this season on all aspects. So i wont promote this year.
But what i mean about the differences on Q times is that even though i would expect the Q2 to be worse compare to others due to fuel weight i am mostly qualifying on a higher position compare to Q1.
But then again as Frederick mentioned above maybe i am using less fuel or maybe also the others use softer tyres in Q1 and maybe sometimes it's a combination.
Maybe i'm overreacting lol.
Anyway, Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Giuseppe Mezzanotte
(Grupa Rookie - 60)

Posturi: 20
  Ţară:
Italia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (2)
Postare veche #9 postat Ian 4 2022, 15:33:11 Citează 
ciao a tutti, come si calcola l'usura delle gomme?
Florencia Caro
(Grupa Amateur - 58)

Echipa GPRO
Posturi: 17139
  Ţară:
Argentina 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #10 postat Ian 4 2022, 15:36:12 Citează 
Hi Giuseppe! The language of the general forum is English. If you want to communicate with your fellow manager in Italian, please use this topic: /forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=1561
Jens Jäschke
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Posturi: 511
  Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #11 postat Ian 5 2022, 11:40:46 (editat ultima dată Ian 5 2022, 11:41:07 de Jens Jäschke) Citează 
Quote ( Vasilis Karapialis @ January 4th 2022,14:46:14 )

even though i would expect the Q2 to be worse compare to others due to fuel weight

If everyone adds the same fuel, everyone slows down by (roughly) the same amount. Check your times, your lap time in Q2 almost certainly went up compared to your Q1 time. Then check the times of your opponents, they also went up, since your opponents are also adding fuel to their cars. How much they went up might give you a hint on how much fuel they're carrying.

maybe also the others use softer tyres in Q1 and maybe sometimes it's a combination.

You can't use different tyre compounds in Q1 and Q2, the only thing you can do is change to/from rain tyres.

Maybe i'm overreacting lol.

It's always a good idea to question things that act differently than you expected, that's usually a good indicator that you were missing something before.
Sy Razi
(Grupa Rookie - 5)

Posturi: 7
  Ţară:
Iran 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #12 postat Ian 9 2022, 17:09:27 Citează 
Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ January 4th 2022,13:59:38 )

Think about all the different things you can set between sessions.

In Q1 you can set:

- Setup
- Tyre
- Risk

In Q2 you can set:

- Setup
- Tyre
- Risk
- Fuel

So what changed from Q1 to Q2 so that your performance improved significantly? And maybe you can draw conclusions based on how the race will go for your opponents as well as yours based on that!

I thought you can't change your dry tyre compound after Q1?
Ricardo Antunes
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Posturi: 2566
  Ţară:
Portugalia 
Certificare: 
Postare veche #13 postat Ian 9 2022, 17:12:03 Citează 
Quote ( Sy Razi @ January 9th 2022,17:09:27 )

I thought you can't change your dry tyre compound after Q1?

Yep, exactly; since his tyre is exactly the same, it is probably not the reason why he got a bad Q1 lap and a good Q2 lap!
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Newbie forum > Bad Q1 stint but good Q2 stint Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect