Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Completed laps, 90% rule and dropping out Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite
Pagina [1
Autor Subiect: Completed laps, 90% rule and dropping out 2 replici
Ilia Lilov
(Grupa Pro - 2)

Posturi: 302
  Ţară:
Bulgaria 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (6)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #1 postat Ian 10 2022, 23:51:49 Citează 
Hello everyone,

I had somewhat of weird experience last race and I would like to make a suggestion so we there is a bit less confusion for other people that might be in a similar situation.

The story in short is that in lap 61 my car failed and I dropped out of the race while being 5 laps behind the leader. That left me with 56 completed laps for the whole race and also very confused about why my car couldn't do laps 57-58-59 because of dropping out in lap 61.

From what I understand each lap is generated all at once for all drivers and if someone is more than a lap behind the leader it is just displayed as previous lap. (for my situation at lap 61 I was at 61+ 5:15:259 which gets converted to lap 56)

That whole thing causes a mismatch between race analysis which has lap times for all laps till 61 and Race summary which says I completed only 56 laps and I have seen a lot of posts from confused managers on this topic.

Here is the actual suggestion part. When a car drops out like in my case in lap 61 and the drop out time is recorded as lap 61+ 5:15:259, as far as the race summary is concerned is it possible for each following lap to remove the leader time from that + time until it reaches 0 or the leader finishes the race (so if the leader does a 1:05:00 the final race time for the car that broke down goes to lap 61+ 4:10:259 which would be lap 57 and so on).

That way we will simulate time passing for the car that broke down until it reaches the actual lap where the brake down happened and will remove the weird causality that you can't do lap 57 because of a breakdown in lap 61.

Just want to say this is not me whining for not making 90% as I was extremely impressed I was even close to that. It is just me being confused about the way the game works and thinking there might be an somewhat easy way to make it better. Though I guess all ways are easy if you are not the one doing the work.
David Andrewartha
(Grupa Pro - 12)

Posturi: 1427
  Ţară:
Anglia 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (0)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #2 postat Ian 11 2022, 00:17:25 Citează 
I had the same thing a few seasons ago and couldn't understand why I didn't get full race money until Jukka explained it to me. It is an anomaly but the race summary is the true representation of laps completed. I agree with your suggestion though, it would be much better if the actual result was reflected in the live race screen.
Jens Jäschke
(Grupa Amateur - 28)

Posturi: 511
  Ţară:
Germania 
Certificare: 
Îmi place acest post (1)   Nu-mi place acest post (0)
Postare veche #3 postat Ian 11 2022, 15:33:18 (editat ultima dată Ian 11 2022, 15:35:17 de Jens Jäschke) Citează 
Completely agree. The way it is now is just confusing.

Either calculate the breakdown by lap, in which case "breaking down in lap 61" means your car did 60 laps before breaking, regardless of what the leader does.
Or calculate the breakdown by time, in which case "breaking down at 59:44:12" means your car did however many laps it did in that time, while the leader happened to do 60 laps.
In either case, you shouldn't get lap times for any laps after the breaking in the Race Analysis.
The only case where it's important what the leader does is when showing the live view.

In a similar vein, I'm also in favor of stripping the last X laps from the race analysis (including all effects, such as wear, fuel use, etc) if you finished after getting lapped X times. If I don't get paid because I didn't drive those laps, then my car shouldn't be worn from those laps, either.
Pagina [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > Completed laps, 90% rule and dropping out Adăugați acest subiect în lista de ignorare Adăugați acest subiect la pagini urmărite

Răspunde la acest subiect