Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 201 [202203 ... 207 208 209 » Иди на страну:
Аутор Тема: Random is getting beyond a joke. 6268 одговора
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 11898
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6031 послано Mарт 25 2020, 13:34:48 Цитирај 
If it affects me ÷ random. If others ÷ real.
Niels Van Heijster
(Група Amateur - 13)

Поруке: 1405
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6032 послано Mарт 25 2020, 14:09:21 Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ March 25th 2020,12:04:37 )

But too be fair to the game, Vlad removed randoms caused by high CTR, hence there are a lot less randoms than before.. Much better imo.

Still considering myself to be a relative newbie on this game, I always wondered about these randoms. My first question would be; how random is a random ... ? I don't want to get into the "realism" part of this discussion, but rather have a different take on the matter

I hear some managers going out on 60CT, 70CT or even going up to 80-90CT. Granted, this is done on different tiers but still ... My thinking is that when all risks would be maximized at 100CT or whatever, in essence one would be over asking on performance. Nobody in real live would be able to go all out on max risks all the time without suffering the consequences such as injuries or failure of the materials used.

Sure, if you go all out, it makes it easier to win, you gain more money and are therefore able to cover the costs of parts to be replaced. But is this true to being a manager? Managing to me is a balancing act. Obviously one will look for the edges of what's possible, but in that you will sometimes cross the line and topple over. To me that's a natural progression through the game or for that matter, basically anything in life.

I've come to think a "random" mainly as an act by the game in order to leveling the playing field. When over asking, you get served with a penalty/"random" which in turn is a sort of a "bonus" to the ones that are more conservative on their settings and selections. Some have several "randoms" each seasons while others have just 1 or 2 every other season, some even don't experience one in several seasons. Shouldn't that be saying something? I simply don't think it is possible to have 3-5 randoms per season.

If that would happen to me, I would think it might have something to do with my overall package and thus would try and solve it by adjusting things in order to minimize these randoms. I rather want to be top of the group based on skill and level, as opposed to (over-)compensating by upping any risks. Then again, this might also be the reason that I haven't had the pleasure of lifting any Champions Cup to date ...

So just to put it out there, is a random purely a random, or could it be somehow self induced by upping and maximizing everything without thinking it might cause any consequences?
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Поруке: 2441
  Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6033 послано Mарт 25 2020, 14:19:04 (последња промена Mарт 25 2020, 14:19:47 од Atli Thor Johannesson) Цитирај 
Quote ( Niels Van Heijster @ March 25th 2020,14:09:21 )

So just to put it out there, is a random purely a random, or could it be somehow self induced by upping and maximizing everything without thinking it might cause any consequences?
That part was removed relating to randoms as far as I'm aware.
However, different lvl's of parts might have different lvl's of durability and/or different risk of random failures, but on the other hand, it might not. :)

If you're talking about driver errors because of related maximization of race settings, that's a different story though.
Niels Van Heijster
(Група Amateur - 13)

Поруке: 1405
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6034 послано Mарт 25 2020, 17:22:36 Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ March 25th 2020,14:19:04 )

That part was removed relating to randoms as far as I'm aware.
However, different lvl's of parts might have different lvl's of durability and/or different risk of random failures, but on the other hand, it might not. :)

If you're talking about driver errors because of related maximization of race settings, that's a different story though.

Thanks Atli, for this addition. Though I know risk selection and DM's are somehow related, I have not come to a full understanding yet. Working on it though. I do have a somewhat better understanding about different part levels, risk selection and according wear. However, this also still is a relative grey area that I'm working on race by race to try and dot these i's. In the end I will get it, I'm sure, but the road to that is what keeps me on my toes and eager to keep playing.

The point I was trying to make was slightly different though. Per example: in Rookie it is stated that CT40 is extremely high" and aggressive. But imagine a Rookie would go with CT40 (or even CT100 for the sake of this argument) each race. Besides some of the effects mentioned above, it could also be grounds for an above average number of random's. Or at least it is my thinking ...

From what I have seen, some managers experience more randoms as opposed to others. Question is, why would that be ... ? I'm just trying to link this thought to possibly "overusing" risks etc. Not saying this is correct as, like I stated before, I still consider myself to be fairly new to the game. Also, I'm not stating all randoms would be self induced, but if you are experiencing an above average number of them, maybe this is something to consider ...

It's like anything else in this game, or at least it is my approach. I think, do, experience, evaluate, deduct, re-adjust and try again to test my new thoughts ... And all the time trying to keep an eye out for the according details.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6035 послано Mарт 25 2020, 17:40:52 Цитирај 
To my mind: car malfunction, accident, puncture, and DM. Random number generation + relationship of programmed functions.

(For example. Practice(s) pilot Error.)
Edwin Silva
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 2235
  Држава:
Колумбија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (8)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6036 послано Mарт 25 2020, 19:46:07 Цитирај 
The realism card opens a can of worms, first because there are a lot of very unrealistic stuff in the game which we accept for gameplay purposes, and second because the fact something bad happens in real life shouldn't necessarily mean it should be reflected as well in a game.

Besides, the outcomes of randoms might be very bad and completely unrealistic. A true story from a single DNF puncture last season at R6. Immediate 12M losses in race earnings, because of the 50% penalty on top of an already quite bad event. The suspension, which was supposed to end at ~80% wear without the random, ended at 93% despite only racing 35% of the race. Said 93% wear preventing testing before replacements, which forced additional wear on parts that were supposed to be replaced after the testing run, and that included a forced L5 gearbox instead of the planned L4, in order to make it last as planned, for further 1.4M losses and worse matching than planned at R7, which was a Handling track. The additional wear also forced lower CT and boosting than planned in the R7 to R9 period. Plus 52 impossible to recover driver motivation and unrecorded TD motivation losses, delayed sponsorship advance and riskied online sponsorship. That from one single unavoidable event.

I can't exactly account for the severity of that, but the fact is I was rolling low 10th places early in the season and a would be top 10 in the random race, and right afterwards besides a FT and an extremely matched Indy, my performance dived to 20th to 28th for a long while, with an hiccup at R14 (because of, well, another DNF). In my opinion, it would be nice if stuff like this didn't exist in the game.
Sharma Vivek
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 1656
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #6037 послано Maј 3 2020, 15:59:04 (последња промена Maј 3 2020, 15:59:56 од Vivek Sharma) Цитирај 
Random has indeed gone beyond a joke, so much beyond that I can't even remember what was the actual joke.

And here is the proof , a direct copy-paste from my team forum: Funny thing happened with my race, on R14 I was not able to complete 90% distance due to technical problem. For R15, I replaced no parts, went with 100 CTR and 100 OT, no start crash, only 1 DM, only 1,,, seriously? crazy pace for first 11 laps, then after 30 laps of technical problem car repaired it self magically and again started to pull crazy laps and I was able to complete 90% distance with 4 parts on 100. What could be a bigger random than this?

I demand a rerun, thanks.
Pat Madigan
(Група Amateur - 37)

Поруке: 1201
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6038 послано Апр 2 2021, 21:25:08 (последња промена Апр 2 2021, 21:25:48 од Pat Madigan) Цитирај 
3 technicals and a puncture in the last 20 races....might need a re-definition of what random is....and I have stopped my rant. It wasn't part wear, or risk...just straight up getting my back door kicked in every 4-5 races is fun...
James Keeble
(Група Rookie - 83)

Поруке: 3264
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #6039 послано Апр 2 2021, 21:44:44 Цитирај 
stop crying and get on with it!
Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Amateur - 16)

Поруке: 665
  Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6040 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:09:05 Цитирај 
No joke.

'Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one'

Can't get more real than that.
Pat Madigan
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (5)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #6041 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:09:33 (последња промена Апр 2 2021, 22:11:39 од Pat Madigan) Цитирај 
Quote ( James Keeble @ April 2nd 2021,21:44:44 )

Keeble, ever the 'bridge builder' don't you have some kids to go tell 'there is no santa..'
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 44)

Поруке: 7849
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6042 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:10:00 Цитирај 
I had that one, a lot of seasons ago... harsh but amusing
James Keeble
(Група Rookie - 83)

Поруке: 3264
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #6043 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:23:35 Цитирај 
Quote ( Pat Madigan @ April 2nd 2021,22:09:33 )

Keeble, ever the 'bridge builder' don't you have some kids to go tell 'there is no santa..'

i could go tell all thr fat yanks to stop eating some burgers and super sized colas
Pat Madigan
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6044 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:38:25 Цитирај 
Quote ( James Keeble @ April 2nd 2021,22:23:35 )

Quote ( Pat Madigan @ April 2nd 2021,22:09:33 )

i could go tell all thr fat yanks to stop eating some burgers and super sized colas

That's a novel idea lol,..I think you and about 6 billion people think the same...'Forum futurist' that's you! You are ahead of the game bro, I bow to your insight and gleanings of current world problems. Somebody get him an 'Admin' slot!
Ricardo Antunes
(Група Pro - 18)

Поруке: 2565
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6045 послано Апр 2 2021, 22:53:35 Цитирај 
Guys it was all an April Fools Joke, randoms don't exist, but they forgot to remove them from the game!
Dan Altobelli
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 111
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6046 послано Апр 3 2021, 00:20:47 Цитирај 
Like what.... In this game, nothing will ever change! It’s great! I should have known and not to play! Already in S 78 this game inflicts a puncture by playing only 2 risks (on this same circuit)! And without any consistency, tonight I go from 3rd to 20th place with the electronics on board which was defective and had to be reset! You just have to relegate me to Rookie or just stop me from playing! There is not a single season without inconsistencies! What a bad joke this game is!
Ricardo Antunes
(Група Pro - 18)

Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6047 послано Апр 3 2021, 00:23:53 Цитирај 
You copy pasted, thats cheating!
Brad Park
(Група Pro - 23)

Поруке: 512
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6048 послано Апр 3 2021, 00:27:48 Цитирај 
Oh the good old Random complaints :)
Dan Altobelli
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 111
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #6049 послано Апр 3 2021, 00:32:07 Цитирај 
Quote ( Brad Park @ April 3rd 2021,00:27:48 )

Oh the good old Random complaints :)

Ha Ha! Easy to say when one has no constructive explanation to provide!!

Ricardo Antunes
(Група Pro - 18)

Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6050 послано Апр 3 2021, 00:38:23 Цитирај 

Quote ( Ricardo Antunes @ April 2nd 2021,23:40:13 )

thinks about how randoms happen...

Maybe I'm being crazy... but - and hear me out - maybe randoms ARE supposed to be inconsistent. Because they are, you know, randoms.

And how lucky you were that your technical issue got solved! In my promotion season i got a random that gave me a technical issue for 30 laps or so! I was first, by quite a margin, finished 8th!

Randoms happen to everyone, so please, i know it is frustrating, but this is how randoms are supposed to be. Unpredictable. Reckless. Unforgiving.

It's a setback. Surely you can recover from that. Chin up and continue racing.

Can't be bothered to put bold and italic again. Don't be rude please :)
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 44)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6051 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:16:31 (последња промена Апр 6 2021, 22:21:22 од Kirsty Ridley) Цитирај 
Quote ( Zé Pedro Paula @ April 2nd 2021,22:09:05 )

No joke.

'Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one'

Can't get more real than that.

I should NEVER have replied to you!! It brought me bad luck talking about it!!!!!

Technical problems
Lap 36 Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one
Ricardo Antunes
(Група Pro - 18)

Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6052 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:19:27 Цитирај 
Lap 1 - Your rear wing broke and had to be replaced.

Yes i made a pit stop on lap 1.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Amateur - 4)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6053 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:19:43 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 6th 2021,22:16:31 )

Lap 36 Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one
Does this have to be in the game ???
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 44)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6054 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:22:46 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ April 6th 2021,22:19:43 )

Does this have to be in the game ???

I slammed laptop closed and sulked... it could have been expensive if I slammed it harder! I would hold @Vladimir Alexandrov (R3) responsible for a new one!

Ricardo Antunes
(Група Pro - 18)

Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6055 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:25:19 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ April 6th 2021,22:19:43 )

Lap 36 Your driver was not feeling well in his helmet and it had to be changed with a new one Does this have to be in the game ???

Yes! Do you know how annoying it is that your helmet could fly off? Security above everything!
Petr Valíček
(Група Amateur - 75)

Поруке: 320
  Држава:
Чешка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6056 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:25:24 (последња промена Апр 6 2021, 22:25:46 од Petr Valíček) Цитирај 

Technical problems

Just give your driver some good looking helmet and it will never happen again :D
Geir Pukk
(Група Amateur - 36)

Поруке: 2519
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6057 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:26:20 Цитирај 
Just wash the mans helmet sometimes Kirsty, take care of your driver...
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Amateur - 4)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6058 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:26:47 (последња промена Апр 6 2021, 22:29:02 од Tibor Szuromi) Цитирај 
Kirsty: I agree. You should discard your bad habits (Vlad).
Zé Pedro Paula
(Група Amateur - 16)

Поруке: 665
  Држава:
Мозамбик 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6059 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:27:13 Цитирај 

I should NEVER have replied to you!! It brought me bad luck talking about it!!!!!

I know what you mean. It's only safe talking after they happen. Honest I stopped talking in chats even.

So, all you other guys know now. Don't reply to me. (roflmao). I mean, things happen.
Kirsty Ridley
(Група Amateur - 44)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6060 послано Апр 6 2021, 22:27:33 Цитирај 
Quote ( Geir Pukk @ April 6th 2021,22:26:20 )

Just wash the mans helmet sometimes Kirsty, take care of your driver...

He can wash his own helmet! Business and pleasure kept seperate you know??
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 201 [202203 ... 207 208 209 » Иди на страну:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Random is getting beyond a joke. Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених

Одговори