Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Поруке: 1042
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (15)
Стара порука #4082 послано Maј 1 2020, 07:58:31 Цитирај 
What if GPRO implemented a Reputation system for managers as well as drivers?

Say, you've won several GPRO titles *ahem @Roland Postle (E) ahem*, perhaps there could be a mechanism that makes stuff more expensive? A (small) price increase on car parts, tyres, etc.

It would need a cooldown built in, so after a few seasons it's going to return to normal, otherwise anyone winning a title would just bugger off after that.

It's like finishing a game on Hard, and then going for the Insane mode. Even more glory for those that STILL manage to win titles in quick succession, and just a slightly better chance for those that didn't manage to get a hold of an Elite title (lately)

I'd especially like to read the views of actual GPRO champions on this, whether they would welcome the additional challenge or if they'd see it as putting off their ambitions.
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 2096
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4083 послано Maј 1 2020, 09:03:13 Цитирај 
Yakup - is that you???

Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4084 послано Maј 1 2020, 09:27:08 Цитирај 
Quote ( Robin Goodey @ May 1st 2020,09:03:13 )

Yakup - is that you???

You could read it, couldn't you ;)
It's just a spitball though, not something I personally think is a necessity (I've yet to enter the Pro leagues for the first time, so why would I care?) but perhaps a fun twist.

And if it's not, it's not - I'm not offended or anything :)
Robin Goodey
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 2096
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4085 послано Maј 1 2020, 09:41:18 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 09:41:43 од Robin Goodey) Цитирај 
For a full answer then Thijs (rather than my previous (obviously) mickey-taking answer) - your idea is terrible.

The whole premise of this game is that everyone is on an equal footing, and everything they do, and the success they derive from their actions, is based on their management skills.

So in the same way that any concept of pay-to-win is a terrible idea, the concept of handicapping someone because they have done well is likewise totally against the ethos of the game.

If you want to be the best - you have to beat the best, not beat the best while their account is handicapped artificially.

:)
Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4086 послано Maј 1 2020, 09:49:33 Цитирај 
I think the opinion of someone who's actually running at Elite level is important in this, so I have to say I understand what you're saying.
It's not that I think the game is out of balance or anything, it's mainly a brainfart inspired by Roland's great successes + my first personal run-in with Reputation.

As I said, no offence! Just curiosity.
Max Watson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Поруке: 5184
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4087 послано Maј 1 2020, 10:43:20 Цитирај 
Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ May 1st 2020,07:58:31 )

What if GPRO implemented a Reputation system for managers as well as drivers?

Say, you've won several GPRO titles, perhaps there could be a mechanism that makes stuff more expensive? A (small) price increase on car parts, tyres, etc.

OTOH, managers like Peter Thompson would be getting new engines for $1 =]
Roland Postle10
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 1855
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (10)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4088 послано Maј 1 2020, 11:10:19 Цитирај 
Will the koopas all turn into buzzy beetles? :) I don't think this concept really works in a multi-player game..

I've no problem with 'de-progressing' for those who win a trophy, though that kinda happens naturally. I previously half-joked champions should be relegated to Master to make it a bit more challenging to come back and do it again - but that would screw up various stats and the Legend achievement and so on so it's not a good idea. There's also danger of setting up perverse incentives. Eg. Purposely avoiding winning a trophy because you want to improve your situation and go for a points record before taking the hit, or sync with a team trophy attempt, etc.. Already we have a lack of multi-way champion battles and that's partly to do with resource conservation.

But an actual ongoing handicap I think just tarnishes the achievement of anyone who wins against that while not having a handicap. Did the challenger win fair and square or are they still not as good as the high-rep manager because they were handicapped? It's not really fair on anyone.

I also don't think we have a problem with anyone winning too often or trophies being easy. As many as I have it's taken almost 8 years to get them. The game feels on Insane mode already.
Yug Desai3
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 1167
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (8)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4089 послано Maј 1 2020, 11:13:31 Цитирај 
There is a mechanism to prevent winning trophies non-stop. It's called Roland Postle.
Thijs Rieken
(Група Amateur - 37)

Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4090 послано Maј 1 2020, 11:16:11 Цитирај 
Thanks for your views, much appreciated!
Max Watson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4091 послано Maј 1 2020, 11:34:22 Цитирај 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ May 1st 2020,11:10:19 )

perverse incentives

Aha, I finally have a name for when I set up my own team =]
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Поруке: 2441
  Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4092 послано Maј 1 2020, 11:56:02 Цитирај 
In "Team Overview", please add a column to show whether the team cars have a P, H, A or B dominant value.
This would make it a lot easier to keep and eye on and advise less experienced members off the team regarding that element of the game, saving many unnecessary clicks and time.

There seems to be enough space on the page for a small column between the tire logo and the Car level.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4093 послано Maј 1 2020, 18:24:02 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 18:40:41 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 1st 2020,11:56:02 )

There seems to be enough space on the page for a small column between the tire logo and the Car level.

I think the page is quite stuffed full already

There needs to be whitespace on the page to keep the usability at level. (though in this case one might call it "bluespace")

example: https://www.classicink.biz/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/white-...

quote on the subject: https://miro.medium.com/max/720/1*BGHvmyhmmo8k5YsXIJ4I3g.png

In "Team Overview", please add a column to show whether the team cars have a P, H, A or B dominant value.
This would make it a lot easier to keep a

Doesn't being in a team already give enough automatic advantages, you could also communicate more in the team.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4094 послано Maј 1 2020, 20:02:14 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 20:03:03 од Atli Thor Johannesson) Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 1st 2020,18:24:02 )

Doesn't being in a team already give enough automatic advantages

If you are not in a team you don't need this, so it has nothing to do with an advantage.
It only has to do with saving many unnecessary clicks to find info that's publicly available.
You could use that argument against anything on that page, but it's an argument i find silly in this regard.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 11903
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4095 послано Maј 1 2020, 20:56:02 Цитирај 
@Atli Thor Johannesson (P19) I love to click. Do not rearrange the pages unnecessarily. GO doesn't like it either.
Edwin Silva
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 2235
  Држава:
Колумбија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4096 послано Maј 1 2020, 20:57:52 Цитирај 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ May 1st 2020,11:10:19 )

The game feels on Insane mode already.

I completely agree with this. The game already has implicit rubber band mechanics. Promo sponsors, PHA enhanced and the ability to build fortunes/sponsorship in Amateur being the most relevant ones. I get a lot of flak when I state the unbalance of the latter, but it's not for free many great managers decide to take the long detour to Amateur instead of sticking in Pro/Master.

Roland proves it's possible to be competitive vs. all this handicap, but he's an exception. Many great managers are struggling, such as Ioannis, Christos and Robert; Leandro, one of the best managers in the history of the game, couldn't survive up there this time, plus many other former champions who aren't in Elite anymore. As Ioannis said in another thread, the way to temporarily succeed became too unidimensional and skewed.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4097 послано Maј 1 2020, 21:21:10 Цитирај 
I think Ioannis sees well.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4098 послано Maј 1 2020, 21:57:48 Цитирај 
Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ May 1st 2020,20:56:02 )

I love to click
I don't, sorry
Paul Brosnan
(Група Rookie - 51)

Поруке: 2143
  Држава:
Ирска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4099 послано Maј 1 2020, 21:58:11 Цитирај 
Despite the update happening about 10 mins ago I still can't go into the race or quali sections. Looks like GPRO are using the same servers as the social welfare department of the US.
Max Watson
(Група Amateur - 75)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4100 послано Maј 1 2020, 21:59:17 Цитирај 
Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ May 1st 2020,21:58:11 )

Despite the update happening about 10 mins ago I still can't go into the race or quali sections. Looks like GPRO are using the same servers as the social welfare department of the US.

Pssst, you don't have a driver =]
Jay De Snoo
(Група Pro - 1)

Поруке: 927
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4101 послано Maј 1 2020, 22:12:01 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 1st 2020,18:24:02 )

Doesn't being in a team already give enough automatic advantages, you could also communicate more in the team.

Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 1st 2020,20:02:14 )

If you are not in a team you don't need this, so it has nothing to do with an advantage.
It only has to do with saving many unnecessary clicks to find info that's publicly available.
You could use that argument against anything on that page, but it's an argument i find silly in this regard.

Full on board with Atli here. There's not even a real advantage to the team (or the comparison of teams since it is public data hence easily acquired with a spider or whatever that's called), other than make lap time comparison a bit easier perhaps. But for teams taking less experienced it certainly can be of great help, to respond earlier to some less experienced.

And a bit sarcastic, which does seem like a small gesture in a time we all help the less long living, with the sacrifice of our companies, jobs and economies... And although I truely hate this statement myself, it's an uncomfortable and undesireable truth. Probably subject of the next Michael Moore movie.
George Slater4
(Група Elite)

Поруке: 603
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4102 послано Maј 1 2020, 22:31:29 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 22:56:11 од George Slater) Цитирај 
I don't really see any benefit to knowing if my teammate has a P/H/A/B car. If I want to know how a teammate might do in an upcoming race I can simply ask them and receive much more detailed information than anything publicly available anyways.

So I just don't see why adding such to the team overview page would be worthwhile. It would just serve to further clutter that page and make it more difficult to see the more essential information on it.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4103 послано Maј 1 2020, 22:34:37 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 22:44:57 од Tibor Szuromi) Цитирај 
By the way:
"To be, or not to be: that is the question."
To click or not to click: That can't be an issue.
Quote ( George Slater @ May 1st 2020,22:31:29 )

I don't really see any benefit to knowing if my teammate have a P/H/A/B car. If I want to know how a teammate might do in an upcoming race I can simply ask them and receive much more detailed information than anything publicly available anyways.

So I just don't see why adding such to the team overview page would be worthwhile. It would just serve to further clutter that page and make it more difficult to see the more essential information on it.
I agree.
He doesn't say anything anyway. A good PHA fit doesn’t depend on that.

Mikko Heikkinen
(Група Pro - 13)

Поруке: 12503
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #4104 послано Maј 1 2020, 22:40:22 (последња промена Maј 1 2020, 22:46:48 од Mikko Heikkinen) Цитирај 
Quote ( Jay De Snoo @ May 1st 2020,22:12:01 )

Full on board with Atli here. There's not even a real advantage to the team, other than make lap time comparison a bit easier perhaps. But for teams taking less experienced it certainly can be of great help, to respond earlier to some less experienced.

My point was (though not so elegantly put) that maybe the teams taking "less experienced" on board might actually benefit more from trying to activate said less experienced ones by encouraging them to communicate with the team instead of just getting passive info.

As I see it this could benefit the teams in question and GPRO as a whole more than simply putting the info on the site.

advise less experienced members off the team

Isn't communicating part of the teamwork and encouraging to do just that a part of helping said "less experienced" to integrate into the team, so communication is a way to help them help themselves
Constantin Heller
(Група Retired)

Поруке: 2462
  Држава:
Немачка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4105 послано Maј 1 2020, 23:28:44 Цитирај 
Quote ( Paul Brosnan @ May 1st 2020,21:58:11 )

Wait, Paul Brosnan, do I remember this man?
Jay De Snoo
(Група Pro - 1)

Поруке: 927
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4106 послано Maј 2 2020, 00:05:27 Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 1st 2020,22:40:22 )

My point was (though not so elegantly put) that maybe the teams taking "less experienced" on board might actually benefit more from trying to activate said less experienced ones by encouraging them to communicate with the team instead of just getting passive info.

I think those teams do, if not simply expect. But they can't... And I can agree with you in a way but;

then there's the existing Pro's, Masters etc in a team and while all of them are relaxed and willing to help since probably all remember how they f*cked up their first number of races...

And someone inexperienced, thinking wow, these 'know' (weather they do or don't actually) and gets into shy / introvert mode... NOT asking questions...

So no, I think teams should have the opportunity to go pro-active with their new members in every feasible way rather than adjective. And although I do agree with your statement on communication; it's not always (more oftern than not) that easy with new comers

Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4107 послано Maј 2 2020, 00:24:04 Цитирај 
This proposal has also reached a siding.

There are no concrete answers.
Everyone is talking about something; just not about the proposal.

This style is typical.

Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4108 послано Maј 2 2020, 08:52:45 (последња промена Maј 2 2020, 08:58:15 од Atli Thor Johannesson) Цитирај 
Quote ( Mikko Heikkinen @ May 1st 2020,22:40:22 )

Isn't communicating part of the teamwork and encouraging to do just that a part of helping said "less experienced" to integrate into the team, so communication is a way to help them help themselves

Communication is essential, it increases the need for nonessential direct communication, that can feel like "hassle", especially if you don't have endless free time.
Hassle for me asking all the time and hassle for them to answer, instead of just being able to give pointers regularly... without it becoming a choir.. because then i can't be arsed after a while.We are all different and just because you think something is unnecessary for you, doesn't mean it is for others.
Personally i would rather do without the tire info on the page, because that doesn't change over the course of a season..... PHA ratio is relevant every race and changes with every part change.

This is a simple "making it easier to help our noobs learn",,, how the f.. can you be against that Mikko. :)
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Pro - 20)

Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4109 послано Maј 2 2020, 09:27:26 Цитирај 
Quote ( Atli Thor Johannesson @ May 2nd 2020,08:52:45 )

PHA ratio is relevant every race and changes with every part change.
I miss the mention of testing.
Atli Thor Johannesson
(Група Pro - 19)

Држава:
Исланд 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4110 послано Maј 2 2020, 10:22:19 Цитирај 

Quote ( Tibor Szuromi @ May 2nd 2020,09:27:26 )

I miss the mention of testing.
Very true, I apologize for that.
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 136 [137138 ... 191 192 193 » Иди на страну:

Одговори