Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Amateur - 124)

Поруке: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #301 послано Jан 4 2017, 20:54:08 Цитирај 
Quote ( Roland Postle @ January 4th 2017,20:39:14 )

Is it just me that found distinguishing the old graphics wasn't foolproof either?

Nope, same here. Attributed that one to my own blindness too :D
Phil Maunder
(Група Pro - 7)

Поруке: 10003
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #302 послано Jан 4 2017, 20:58:00 Цитирај 
I used to work it out that if the track was dry & my tyres were degrading at 12% per lap then I was on wet tyres.

If the track was wet & my lap times were 12 seconds off the pace then I was on dry tyres.

That worked every time for me, even in simple race view....
Robin Goodey
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 2096
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #303 послано Jан 4 2017, 21:04:30 Цитирај 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ January 4th 2017,20:58:00 )

I used to work it out that if the track was dry & my tyres were degrading at 12% per lap then I was on wet tyres.

If the track was wet & my lap times were 12 seconds off the pace then I was on dry tyres.

And if you were lapping at the same speed as others, with no additional wear?

Just purely down to luck?

;)
Phil Maunder
(Група Pro - 7)

Поруке: 10003
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #304 послано Jан 4 2017, 21:10:59 Цитирај 
That never happened yet :)
Martti Kaasik
(Група Pro - 23)

Поруке: 1223
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #305 послано Jан 4 2017, 21:25:10 Цитирај 
Quote ( Vladimir Alexandrov @ January 4th 2017,14:54:52 )

I've updated the live race legend with the new tyre graphics. So hopefully things will be a bit less confusing now. Let me know if you spot any problems:

/Legend.asp

When they are next to each other in #Legend you can barely see the difference but It would be hard to notice when 40 cars on track...
Sticking head to monitor every lap to check up to 40 cars would be painful to eyes.
Mark Wright
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 8829
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #306 послано Jан 4 2017, 22:25:38 Цитирај 
Genuine question but what is this supposed to improve? I can't see the difference on 3 different screens and with these binos on I should be able to see just about anything!
Alan Snyder
(Група Pro - 19)

Поруке: 1504
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #307 послано Jан 4 2017, 23:14:22 Цитирај 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ January 4th 2017,20:58:00 )

Brilliant logic, Mr. Spock!
Graham Mercer
(Група Master - 2)

Поруке: 2008
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #308 послано Jан 4 2017, 23:52:01 Цитирај 

I've updated the live race legend with the new tyre graphics. So hopefully things will be a bit less confusing now. Let me know if you spot any problems:

/Legend.asp

Appreciate that you are trying to improve the game appearance, but as very many have already said the tyre display is far too difficult to see unfortunately. :(

It really needs to be more easily visible as currently even on a large pc screen it is difficult, mobile screens will be much worse.
Roy Mitchell
(Група Amateur - 39)

Поруке: 5905
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #309 послано Jан 5 2017, 07:43:32 Цитирај 

GPRO Crew
Certified:
Like this post (4) Dislike this post (0)

New post #283 posted yesterday at 14:54:52 Quote

/Legend.asp

Absolutely awesome. Thanks Vlad, well done.
Daniel Mason
(Група Amateur - 83)

Поруке: 5215
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #310 послано Jан 5 2017, 08:34:35 Цитирај 
Graham, I've had no trouble on my mobile screen; just a double tap to zoom in, and I can see the blue lines on the wet tyres quite easily.
Michel Lemaire
(Група Amateur - 125)

Поруке: 210
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #311 послано Jан 5 2017, 12:57:38 (последња промена Jан 5 2017, 12:58:08 од Michel Lemaire) Цитирај 
If we need to use a zoom on each car for witch we want to check tire, it's not really useful.

I also have difficulties to distinct new tire design!
Hans Barf
(Група Amateur - 72)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 4064
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (11)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #312 послано Jан 6 2017, 10:29:54 Цитирај 
Having read what ppl said some suggest this as solution..

But that is not going to happen. ;)

I will adjust the wet tyre with more distinct grooves. I'll see what I can do with just a bit more color on the sidewalls, and we'll update the legend accordingly.
I will also have a look at the fps timing, some browsers don't handle some numbers of fps very well and round them downwards .
Mind you, the wobbly bad tyres are the same images for both the slick and rain tyres.

If and when this is implemented, please don't shout bug right away when you don't see it, but clear the cache mem first ;)

Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Поруке: 990
  Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #313 послано Jан 6 2017, 10:50:29 Цитирај 
Old post #2553 posted Jan 3rd 2017, 20:18:39 Quote
Dry tyres icon on wet for all .... it's only for me or a bug ?

As you can see there isn't someone who shout bug right away ...
I could not see the difference btw dry and wet tyres during the race and at first I thought about a bug of visualization.
But I think I've asked it in a polite way to understand what happened.

I always clear cache mem ...
Hans Barf
(Група Amateur - 72)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 4064
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #314 послано Jан 6 2017, 11:31:54 Цитирај 
missed the " ;) " ?
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (16)
Стара порука #315 послано Jан 6 2017, 12:45:17 Цитирај 
Quote ( Hans Barf @ January 6th 2017,11:31:54 )

missed the " ;) " ?

Absolutely not missed, but after Flo jokes about new glasses I need, and after your "please don't shout bug right away" with ;) , I wish to see some professional answer here.
Jokes are jokes, I can make a laugh and it's good.
But I am very tired of jokes answers and stupid accusations to hide bad implementations and sometimes it would be good to have an answer like " sorry, we made a mistake", instead of a joke.
I pay for this game (some times I was not a supporter, but I was for a long time before and I am now). Please remember it when you joke all the time. I pay money here I have to work to earn.
If you want a game where admins and crew jokes all the time , make the game for free.
And please remember too a ;) doesn't mean you can write what you want.
New visualization it's hard for a lot of people, not only for me. So it means you (or who did it) did a bad work.

Try to stop your arrogance in your answer and remember I pay the game, so I pay you and your work.
And if you don't earn enough money for what you do here , it's not my problem.
And now I am serious, not in need of ;) or stupid icon to support my words.

There's a time to laugh and to joke and a time to be professional, expecially if people pays real money to be here. It means we are in a commercial situation and I am a client. And remember a client doesn't like jokes as answer all the time.
Michael Holliday
(Група Rookie - 245)

Поруке: 204
  Држава:
Јужна Африка 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (8)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #316 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:06:18 (последња промена Jан 6 2017, 13:12:18 од Michael Holliday) Цитирај 
Lorenzo, you can pay somewhere else if you want.
If you have an issue, I am sure you can take it up with someone directly. Attacking and insulting the developers is not going to make the problem go away any faster.

And if you dont want to pay for the game you dont have to, you dont have to be a supporter. Being a Supporter means that you are helping to fund the developers to help make the game better. You are NOT a CLIENT, nobody made you come here, nobody made you pay. you chose to pay. I want to direct you to the Terms of Service that you agree to when registering for this game.
"
YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS." GPRO MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY PART THEREOF, OR ANY WEB SITE OR OTHER CONTENT OR SERVICE THAT MAY BE ACCESSIBLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY THROUGH THE SERVICE. THE GPRO DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ANY AND ALL SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, GPRO DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ANY AND ALL (i) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, (ii) WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS, (iii) WARRANTIES RELATING TO DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, ERRORS, OR OMISSIONS IN THE SERVICE, OR ANY PART THEREOF, (iv) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE TRANSMISSION OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICE, (v) WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE ACCURACY OR CORRECTNESS OF DATA, AND (vi) WARRANTIES OTHERWISE RELATING TO PERFORMANCE, NONPERFORMANCE, OR OTHER ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY GPRO OR ANY THIRD PARTY. FURTHER, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING, THERE IS NO WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OR THE NEEDS OR REQUIREMENTS OF ANY OTHER PERSON. GPRO MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, OR DELAY IN OPERATION. ANY INFORMATION ON THIS SERVICE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THESE CHANGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CHANGES TO PRICES, DISCOUNTS, AND HOURS OF OPERATION." -GPRO TOS

What this means is that, well basically, GPRO owes you nothing, if you are unhappy they would probably be happy to try and help. It also means that if they use your money in a way that displeases you, then thats their decision. You do not own them simply because you gave them some money .But at the end of the day.....If they make a mistake, then they make a mistake, trying to hold them responsible for it is rediculous.

So I am going to put a :) and a ;P because this is a game, it is free. I dont pay for it, I just play the game without all the rest of the decorations.
I am sure that if you calmed down, and didnt take it so personally then you would have a lot more fun playing this game.
If a "visualisation error" is the only thing you have to complain about, then mate you have a very nice life and I would love to give you some of my troubles to deal with.
Max Watson
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 5184
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (10)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #317 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:09:29 Цитирај 
Hans doesn't make a living out of this game, Lorenzo; he's a volunteer. This rather bizarre attitude adopted by some (that because they give a little money to the site they somehow own him) doesn't encourage him to dedicate any time to working on the game.
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #318 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:26:35 Цитирај 
Quote ( Max Watson @ January 6th 2017,13:09:29 )

Hans doesn't make a living out of this game, Lorenzo; he's a volunteer. This rather bizarre attitude adopted by some (that because they give a little money to the site they somehow own him) doesn't encourage him to dedicate any time to working on the game.

it's the reason I wrote "if you don't earn enough money it's not my problem". I don't know and I don't have to know.
I don't think to be a volunteer means I can joke with people or post false answer like the one above. I never shout a bug, only asked in a polite way if it was a bug or only a problem of my PC.
So I think I deserve a correct answer and that's all.
No need to joke or false accsations as I read above.
I don't own nothing, I have the rights as all to have a decent game to play in a decent way.

About little money, maybe you are rich and again it's not my problem, but I was supporter for years here, so if you are good with math do some calculation ...
If Hans wants respect in my posts, it's better to start to have some respect for people.
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #319 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:32:40 Цитирај 
Quote ( Michael Holliday @ January 6th 2017,13:06:18 )

So I am going to put a :) and a ;P because this is a game, it is free. I dont pay for it, I just play the game without all the rest of the decorations.
I am sure that if you calmed down, and didnt take it so personally then you would have a lot more fun playing this game.
If a "visualisation error" is the only thing you have to complain about, then mate you have a very nice life and I would love to give you some of my troubles to deal with.

You can put what you want.
I am perfectly calm and I have fun to play the game, except when I have a bad visualization (so not so fun) and if I ask if it's a bug I have a joke as answer or false accusations.

Visualization it's not that big problem, maybe you have big problem to read and understand, the problems was the ANSWERS AND THE JOKES instead of professional answers.

You don't know nothing about my life, so please stay in GPRO arguments and take care of your problems trying to solve and to have a better life instead to write stupid things like this.
Mick Ridley
(Група Pro - 11)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 2604
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #320 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:36:17 Цитирај 
So, that escalated quickly :P

Let's chill, and spend our time getting sorted for the next race/season etc.

Kowabunga dudes :D
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #321 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:39:02 Цитирај 
Quote ( Michael Holliday @ January 6th 2017,13:06:18 )

insulting the developers

Where ?
Jimmy De Roy
(Група Amateur - 80)

Поруке: 9105
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #322 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:44:11 Цитирај 
Lorenzo you are right that it is harder to notice the difference between wet tyres and dry ones and the Hans reacted was maybe a bit mocking but your reaction to it was also uncalled for.

Lot of people have told Vlad that it is worse then before in a normal manner.

Screaming and shouting that you pay for the game and therefor people have to obey you isn't going to work you know

If you read something you don't like count to then before posting a reaction, it really helps
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #323 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:52:53 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ January 6th 2017,13:44:11 )

Screaming and shouting

Where ?
If you people need to distort what I write, I think your arguments are near to zero.
And again, the fact that I pay doesn't mean I own something here.
Maybe all the people stop to play has some reasons and maybe I prefer the way to write a post to ask if there is a bug (without scream and shout of any kind) instead to stop to play or to be a supporter.
But if the answers I receive are like this I can understand people who stops to play without a words.
And it's not a fact I have to face, I have my life also without GPRO.
I am not the one who started a thread to ask to people money and support and help for free 'cause I have to pay a lot of money in unexpected taxes.
And again, a free game doesn't mean I can do what I want with people.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Група Amateur - 124)

Поруке: 3107
  Држава:
Холандија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #324 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:56:30 Цитирај 
Sorry Lorenzo, agree with the rest here. Many people have commented on the unclarities of the new visuals in a plain, respectful manner. If anything shows a lack of respect, it's the way you've gone on a rant towards volunteers that keep this site up, and not the smiley face response by one of said volunteers.

Besides that, you pay for the supporter credits. Which allows you to use supporter-only features. If you don't get the amount of supporter credits you paid for, or if specific supporter features do not work as promised, you have every right to be aggrieved. Don't think that that is the case here though.

The fact that you've signed up for a free online game, does not make you a paying customer that deserves the utmost respect from anyone involved. You're a human being that deserves respect like anyone else here, including Hans. I'd even go as far as stating that these volunteers deserve a little more respect, considering the hard work they put into this game, and have done for years.
Jimmy De Roy
(Група Amateur - 80)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #325 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:56:47 Цитирај 
no matter how you look at it eventhough you were right the way you reacted to Hans was out of line.
Graham Mercer
(Група Master - 2)

Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #326 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:57:33 (последња промена Jан 6 2017, 14:03:30 од Graham Mercer) Цитирај 
How about something like this to make it easier to see, without being silly with full tyre colour?
http://s234.photobucket.com/user/wookie109/media/TYRES_zpsv1...
Jimmy De Roy
(Група Amateur - 80)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #327 послано Jан 6 2017, 13:59:45 Цитирај 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ January 6th 2017,13:57:33 )

How about something like this to make it easier to see, without being silly with full tyre colour?
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee122/wookie109/TYRES_zps...

A whopper of an ice cream :P
Graham Mercer
(Група Master - 2)

Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #328 послано Jан 6 2017, 14:04:29 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ January 6th 2017,13:59:45 )

What?
Jimmy De Roy
(Група Amateur - 80)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #329 послано Jан 6 2017, 14:06:47 Цитирај 
Quote ( Graham Mercer @ January 6th 2017,14:04:29 )

Quote ( Jimmy De Roy @ January 6th 2017,13:59:45 )

What?

the ice cream in one of the other pictures

BTW i like you tyre screen ;)
Lorenzo Bongi
(Група Amateur - 92)

Држава:
Италија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #330 послано Jан 6 2017, 14:07:02 Цитирај 
Quote ( Miel Soeterbroek @ January 6th 2017,13:56:30 )

Sorry Lorenzo, agree with the rest here. Many people have commented on the unclarities of the new visuals in a plain, respectful manner. If anything shows a lack of respect, it's the way you've gone on a rant towards volunteers that keep this site up, and not the smiley face response by one of said volunteers.

Besides that, you pay for the supporter credits. Which allows you to use supporter-only features. If you don't get the amount of supporter credits you paid for, or if specific supporter features do not work as promised, you have every right to be aggrieved. Don't think that that is the case here though.

The fact that you've signed up for a free online game, does not make you a paying customer that deserves the utmost respect from anyone involved. You're a human being that deserves respect like anyone else here, including Hans. I'd even go as far as stating that these volunteers deserve a little more respect, considering the hard work they put into this game, and have done for years.

Ok, so to post in bug section "I have a problem to see the difference btw dry and wet tyres on race, it's my PC problem or for all?" is unrespected manners...interesting point of view ... do you understand I am the first one who posted on Bug thread to ask if it was a bug in a very polite way ?
And do you understand Hans referred to me writing "next time don't shout a bug and clear the cache mem before" ?

About you are agree with the rest here, it should make the difference ?
If a person has to worry to write his opinion 100% people thinks in the same way, we would have a world without opinions.
Maybe I am wrong, maybe the answer I posted to Hans is the conseguence of many and many bad answers I had here, from Vlad, crews and others.
But I am sure of 1 thing : I never shout a bug, I never posted about bad implementation of tyres visualization in a bad manner or screaming.
Stop to manipulate things.
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 10 [1112 ... 101 102 103 » Иди на страну:

Одговори