Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Поруке: 62
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #1 послано Окт 17 2013, 21:37:03 Цитирај 
Hans told me latter this week that the slicks are ready to be implemented and just need to be programmed into the game. Maybe, if enough people express their desire for the slicks, someone in the GPRO Crew will find the motivation to implement them.

Not only the grooved tyres are gone from Formula 1 since the end of the 2008 season and, in my humble opinion, the slicks look much cooler. Personally, I can think of no reason to keep using the current retro tyres.

Of course that what is being asked in this topic is just a cosmetic change, but I believe the visuals of the cars play a big part in the fun of playing GPRO. If it wasn't so, people wouldn't care so much about their car liveries, isn't it?

Before anyone complains, I know that there are other topics on this subject, but the most recent of them has been dead for more than 4 years now.

People who think this topic is useless or who just don't give a sh*t about the game looks can just refrain from commenting and voting.
João Santos
(Група Rookie - 276)

Поруке: 423
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #2 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:01:41 Цитирај 
I think there should also existe tyre marks to see who's on medium/hard/soft , it would be more fun and has the race has already started, it wouldn't be a competitive problem at all.
Nigel Hawken
(Група Amateur - 63)

Поруке: 2070
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #3 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:02:51 Цитирај 
It would be a massive give away for strategy for future races
Andrei Ciuchi
(Група Amateur - 57)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 21510
  Држава:
Румунија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #4 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:03:09 Цитирај 
Quote ( João Santos @ October 17th 2013,22:01:41 )

I think there should also existe tyre marks to see who's on medium/hard/soft , it would be more fun and has the race has already started, it wouldn't be a competitive problem at all.

Where exactly is the fun in that? It's up to you to figure out who is on what tyres. Now that is the fun part. :)
Jordan Randall
(Група Pro - 6)

Поруке: 5478
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #5 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:04:06 (последња промена Окт 17 2013, 22:05:07 од Jordan Randall) Цитирај 
^Slick tyres would mean a complete change in tyres' performances (not that it's a bother to fix, as we change that every season anyway)
Though you'll get comments of 'GPRO is not F1'

With Joao's idea, it's radical, and i like it, but maybe it should be done only when qualifying has ended, and in race mode, have a trim at the end of the tyres with a color compound. (Totally not what f1 do lol)

That way everyone goes in blind until the race, and they can compare what others did, and eventually see who got it right
Joe Manifold
(Група Rookie - 185)

Поруке: 12472
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #6 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:06:59 Цитирај 
Quote ( Jordan Randall @ October 17th 2013,22:04:06 )

^Slick tyres would mean a complete change in tyres' performances (not that it's a bother to fix, as we change that every season anyway)

I think Gerhard means it as more of a cosmetic change rather than a change in tyre simulation, so there wouldn't be any difference in tyre performance other than the usual change.
Nigel Hawken
(Група Amateur - 63)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #7 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:09:09 Цитирај 

a complete change in tyres' performances (not that it's a bother to fix, as we change that every season anyway)

Do tyres change every season?

I thought that was only if you chose different types in the higher groups, different manufacturers.
Matt Kasar
(Група Master - 1)

Поруке: 2239
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #8 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:10:02 Цитирај 
wow, a few pixels will change in the race screen! That's awesome, it will make such a difference to everything and I can't wait to see it happen!

This is so amazing it should have happened years ago!
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (6)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #9 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:12:33 Цитирај 
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ October 17th 2013,22:10:02 )

wow, a few pixels will change in the race screen! That's awesome, it will make such a difference to everything and I can't wait to see it happen!

This is so amazing it should have happened years ago!

Quote ( Gerhard Schlee @ October 17th 2013,21:37:03 )

People who think this topic is useless or who just don't give a sh*t about the game looks can just refrain from commenting and voting.

Be mature, yes? :)
Matt Kasar
(Група Master - 1)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #10 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:18:07 Цитирај 
and yourself gerhard.....
What you are saying is that everyone who disagrees with you should not comment on this thing you have put up for open discussion??? That's as ridiculous as this thread

If you write something that is mostly pointless expect people to tell you it is.
João Santos
(Група Rookie - 276)

Поруке: 423
  Држава:
Португалија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #11 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:21:59 Цитирај 

With Joao's idea, it's radical, and i like it, but maybe it should be done only when qualifying has ended, and in race mode, have a trim at the end of the tyres with a color compound. (Totally not what f1 do lol)

That way everyone goes in blind until the race, and they can compare what others did, and eventually see who got it right

Thats exactly what i meant :)
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #12 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:23:10 (последња промена Окт 17 2013, 22:24:43 од Gerhard Schlee) Цитирај 
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ October 17th 2013,22:18:07 )

and yourself gerhard.....
What you are saying is that everyone who disagrees with you should not comment on this thing you have put up for open discussion??? That's as ridiculous as this thread

If you write something that is mostly pointless expect people to tell you it is.

I don't mind you or anyone else expressing your opinion here, whatever that is. I just would like, like most people in this site I believe, that you act more politely. Can you? :)
Aki Perätalo
(Група Master - 5)

Поруке: 3028
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:26:24 Цитирај 

This will hopefully never happen, and I remember countless conversations suggesting so.
Nigel Hawken
(Група Amateur - 63)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #14 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:30:12 Цитирај 
Quote ( Gerhard Schlee @ October 17th 2013,22:23:10 )

I just would like, like most people in this site I believe, that you act more politely.

That seems a bit rich, to ask for politeness from someone who's opening post ends with

People who think this topic is useless or who just don't give a sh*t about the game looks can just refrain from commenting

which is far from polite or mature.
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #15 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:33:57 Цитирај 

I think it is a very interesting idea, and the GPRO community should definitely debated at some point, but I am not sure this topic is the right place to do so. What is at debate here is a purely cosmetic change to the game, and João's idea involves complicated game mechanics. Maybe a new topic would be more appropriated? ;)
Steven Richardson
(Група Amateur - 60)

Поруке: 518
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #16 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:35:10 Цитирај 
i know its a cliché but GPRO is not F1 ;)
Matt Kasar
(Група Master - 1)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (5)
Стара порука #17 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:35:30 Цитирај 
Quote ( Gerhard Schlee @ October 17th 2013,22:23:10 )

I don't mind you or anyone else expressing your opinion here, whatever that is

Make your mind up Gerhard
You are now trying to make yourself sound reasonable when you haven't been

I gave my opinion, with a healthy dose of sarcasm as is normal in the uk. It allows us to convey what we feel without resorting to just calling someone an idiot which is far more impolite
Jukka Sireni2
(Група Elite)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 3870
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #18 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:44:22 (последња промена Окт 17 2013, 22:46:14 од Jukka Sireni) Цитирај 
Quote ( Gerhard Schlee @ October 17th 2013,22:33:57 )

Maybe a new topic would be more appropriated?

Don't bother. It would be closed anyway. :)

/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=11062
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=5187
/gb/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=3150
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #19 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:47:18 Цитирај 
Quote ( Matt Kasar @ October 17th 2013,22:35:30 )

Make your mind up Gerhard
You are now trying to make yourself sound reasonable when you haven't been

I gave my opinion, with a healthy dose of sarcasm as is normal in the uk. It allows us to convey what we feel without resorting to just calling someone an idiot which is far more impolite

English is not my mother language, and I might have sounded more like an ogre to your sensitive and sarcastic english mood than I would like to.

By the way, GPRO is not UK, and not everyone might think your so called "healthy sarcasm" is much better than calling someone an idiot.

Matt Kasar
(Група Master - 1)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #20 послано Окт 17 2013, 22:49:50 (последња промена Окт 17 2013, 22:51:17 од Matt Kasar) Цитирај 
now that definitely isn't polite and is usually reserved for a very few exceptional cases.... you haven't qualified for that special group gerhard ;)

edit - I know gpro isn't english but I am, can't change that and wouldn't want to if I could
Jari Bruppacher
(Група Amateur - 97)

Поруке: 84
  Држава:
Швајцарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #21 послано Окт 17 2013, 23:24:18 Цитирај 
Keep the slicks. I'd like F1 to go back to grooved tyres. It would reduce the cornering speed which would mean you wouldn't have to do the reducing in other areas (such as engine). So stay with the grooved tyres.
Nikola Milutinović
(Група Rookie - 255)

Поруке: 203
  Држава:
Србија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #22 послано Окт 17 2013, 23:25:42 Цитирај 
I do not care whether the tyres are slick or not, but I think it would be great if different compounds were marked with different colors just like in F1 today. It would give us a better understanding of what is actually happening in the race.
Lukas Kvietkauskas
(Група Rookie - 157)

Поруке: 939
  Држава:
Литванија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #23 послано Окт 17 2013, 23:29:39 Цитирај 
+1 for marking the tyres. It's being done everywhere in motorsports anyway.
Roni Moura
(Група Amateur - 62)

Поруке: 2791
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #24 послано Окт 17 2013, 23:42:28 Цитирај 
The idea is not bad but let's just keep it as it is, although slick tyres makes it more realistic, i think at this point, a radical change of this degree won't make sense to have so much work when this is all virtual and won't be more (or less) fun than what we have at the present time, so the purpose is not much meaninful.

Neither see the need of colors when we have data, team, calculator, friends and etc...
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #25 послано Окт 18 2013, 15:44:05 (последња промена Окт 18 2013, 15:45:26 од Gerhard Schlee) Цитирај 
Just did a quick simulation of how the slicks could look in-game.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj603/geraldix/slicks.jpg

I think it looks awesome!
Swaroop Ashruf
(Група Rookie - 23)

Поруке: 460
  Држава:
Индија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #26 послано Окт 18 2013, 15:47:32 Цитирај 
Very good idea to see Slick tyres
Tomek Kiełpiński
(Група Pro - 20)

Поруке: 5682
  Држава:
Пољска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #27 послано Окт 18 2013, 15:48:40 Цитирај 

Of course that what is being asked in this topic is just a cosmetic change

Hasn't Hans more important things to do? :-D
Gerhard Schlee
(Група Rookie - 188)

Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #28 послано Окт 18 2013, 15:49:54 (последња промена Окт 18 2013, 15:51:40 од Gerhard Schlee) Цитирај 
Quote ( Tomek Kiełpiński @ October 18th 2013,15:48:40 )

Hasn't Hans more important things to do? :-D

Hans told me he already did it, and it just need to be programmed into the game by some other GPRO crew member! =D
Hardi Häelme
(Група Rookie - 1)

Поруке: 2
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #29 послано Окт 18 2013, 15:52:46 Цитирај 
hi
Harsh Sheth
(Група Amateur - 43)

Поруке: 896