Stijn Everaerts
(Група Pro - 2)

Поруке: 1269
  Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #1 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:23:34 Цитирај 
This numbers are not exact and are not my personal numbers but close enough.

The game goes around as management game were you have to plan, calculate and other stuff.

The season starts and i have a medium driver that i pay 500K from my 20M budget. My car is level 8. I have 1 sponsor left over from amateur and 1 from previous season in pro. They pay a mediumnumber of 750K.
My car is new and in the first 2-3 races i give everything and get 7 points, mainly because of my overpowered car for pro.
After 3-4 races my parts are worn so i just finish or drop out.
Not calculating the first races were i get more money i get from the other races 4.5 M (race and qualify). Because i will not finish i don't have to do practise.
So i get 2M every race because i have to pay facilities and staff also.
17 times 2M + the 20M i started with i have at the end of the season at least 54M. The only bad thing is that i will lose sponsorweeks.
You have to do very good to make 34M/season in pro to get those kinds of money...

Should the difference between real racing and messing around not be bigger?
Bigger racefees will also shift the border from having a just possitieve balance to a possitieve balance were the car is more important to your balance?

I post this knowing there will be people that will twist it to get their way but this is just a try to maybe get a better moneydistribution.
This way i hope it wll lead to more importance for the car and driver then to management.
I hope i make the idea clear. And yes like i see it there would be more enginelevels necesary and bigger differences in racebonusses between the positions.
Santtu Sara
(Група Amateur - 98)

Поруке: 8347
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:27:44 Цитирај 
Well not everyone is able to blast enough points in 3 races to retain and make that money, so they have to plan it before hand. Also, sometimes 7 points might not even be enough to retain so this particular tactic may backfire in the end of the season.
Kevin Parkinson
(Група Amateur - 120)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (4)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #3 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:31:38 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 4th 2015,00:23:34 )

The only bad thing is that i will lose sponsorweeks.

A single sentence as if it isn't a big deal :)

Not only the lost sponsors, but the sponsor progress in signing others would be poor. And you're going to need strong sponsors going forward if you plan to progress.

But then you have you're totally demotivated driver to start the following season so they points that may have kept you up the previous season might not be so easy to get this time around.

Especially now you have no CCP from testing - as I assume you haven't been testing all season as your parts are fully worn and you're not racing to earn money to change them.

Unless you plan to relegate the following season, I see absolutely no advantage in running a Pro season like you've described.
Håkan Ferm
(Група Pro - 5)

Поруке: 10576
  Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:31:44 Цитирај 
"Your Friend" will probably have a hard time keeping sponsors while doing this and might also struggle to sign some ahead of others in the long run if one look at that, this is a loosing battle in my mind.
Jukka Sireni2
(Група Master - 1)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 3870
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #5 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:51:24 Цитирај 
Racing in Pro while not testing at all should earn you money too. It just may not be too good for next season either.
Adrian Mihai
(Група Rookie - 113)

Поруке: 5
  Држава:
Румунија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (13)
Стара порука #6 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:53:36 Цитирај 
A very stupid game!
Andrew Galica
(Група Amateur - 24)

Поруке: 665
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #7 послано Апр 4 2015, 00:55:59 Цитирај 
Quote ( Adrian Mihai @ April 4th 2015,00:53:36 )

A very stupid game!

Comments like this will not earn you any respect in the community >
Rocco Stallone
(Група Amateur - 14)

Поруке: 3130
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #8 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:00:47 Цитирај 
Dude,you were here at exactly race 14 last season complaining about people exploiting the retirement system.

Do you even like Gpro?
Mark Wright
(Група Pro - 4)

Поруке: 8829
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #9 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:11:05 Цитирај 
Stijn some of us have been complaining about the game rewarding the OBP for at least 10 seasons. The game doesn't reward consistency and as long as the Admins feel that's a viable strategy then there's nothing that will get done about it.

Fran Betancort
(Група Pro - 9)

Поруке: 2945
  Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (3)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #10 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:16:25 (последња промена Апр 4 2015, 01:17:23 од Fran Betancort) Цитирај 
Quote ( Mark Wright @ April 4th 2015,01:11:05 )

Stijn some of us have been complaining about the game rewarding the OBP for at least 10 seasons.

OBP is food for today and hunger for tomorrow, it definetly isn´t a valid long term strategy ;)

What Stijn says has more cons than pros:

- If you win so much in Pro without finishing means your staff isn´t as high as should be, so you can´t succeed at Master, not say Elite.

- If you don´t spend, your CCPs will dissapear, and in a future you will need more expensive parts to keep that level 8 car.

- Your driver won´t score as easy without motivation, and due to the experience gain from races, plus the agro, you will finally loose that driver due to OA, so it´s not a long term valid plan.

- Your sponsors will advance so freaking slow, and finally you will have no sponsors, which means no more extra money.

- When all the above happens, your benjamins will dissapear, and your only way will be relegating.
Dan Smurthwaite
(Група Amateur - 107)

Поруке: 235
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #11 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:16:58 Цитирај 
Quote ( Rocco Stallone @ April 4th 2015,01:00:47 )

Dude,you were here at exactly race 14 last season complaining about people exploiting the retirement system

He complained and the powers that be changed the rules. However this time nothing will come of it! Your basically questioning a managers management on a management game :) it's one way of many but most will see that approach as suicide!
Andrew Galica
(Група Amateur - 24)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #12 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:18:01 Цитирај 

the OBP

Sorry but "OBP" please :) meaning?
Santtu Sara
(Група Amateur - 98)

Поруке: 8347
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:18:36 Цитирај 
Quote ( Andrew Galica @ April 4th 2015,01:18:01 )

Sorry but "OBP" please :) meaning?

One big push.
Andrew Galica
(Група Amateur - 24)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #14 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:20:18 (последња промена Апр 4 2015, 01:22:28 од Andrew Galica) Цитирај 
Quote ( Santtu Sara @ April 4th 2015,01:18:36 )

One big push.

Thanks Santtu......that is what I have been doing this season....:)

Edit ..actually I might have try harder now ..:)
Håkan Ferm
(Група Pro - 5)

Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #15 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:36:42 Цитирај 
Fran summed it all up perfectly
pls read it Stijn.
Andrew Galica
(Група Amateur - 24)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #16 послано Апр 4 2015, 01:51:10 Цитирај 
Do you like motor racing? If yes, then Grand Prix Racing Online is the game for you!
Manage your grand prix team to success by building good cars, developing good race strategies, hiring the right drivers and staff and planning for the future. But all must be done within the limits of your financial and worktime budget and with the fierce competition breathing down your neck!

I sorry but what part of this did you not understand?

Stijn.....you have been racing since the beginning....and you are in a top 100 team and yet you still come out with statements that undermine you, your team and the game!

I am surprised that you have not been kicked out (team)., as you have contributed ZERO to your team this season,

Please these are only my thoughts and not of your team.

Stijn Everaerts
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #17 послано Апр 4 2015, 02:36:47 Цитирај 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 4th 2015,00:31:38 )

Unless you plan to relegate the following season, I see absolutely no advantage in running a Pro season like you've described.

In my situation i will relegate to amateur due to piloot problems previous season. I have +1.2M faci and +800K staff expensives, train driver every week and still i have safed +10M and a complete new lv 7-8 car. I find it strange this is possible with doing nothing but driving a complete broken car. I will keep my car after the seasonreset so he still will be strong enough to take points in pro (not for me, i know i go to ama.)

Quote ( Håkan Ferm @ April 4th 2015,00:31:44 )

"Your Friend" will probably have a hard time keeping sponsors while doing this

i win lots more then you (at least I) ever got on sponsors during a season.

Stijn some of us have been complaining about the game rewarding the OBP for at least 10 seasons.

Not complain, just try to get the game better with more dept.

Quote ( Fran Betancort @ April 4th 2015,01:16:25 )

- If you win so much in Pro without finishing means your staff isn´t as high as should be, so you can´t succeed at Master, not say Elite.

- If you don´t spend, your CCPs will dissapear, and in a future you will need more expensive parts to keep that level 8 car.

- Your driver won´t score as easy without motivation, and due to the experience gain from races, plus the agro, you will finally loose that driver due to OA, so it´s not a long term valid plan.

- Your sponsors will advance so freaking slow, and finally you will have no sponsors, which means no more extra money.

- When all the above happens, your benjamins will dissapear, and your only way will be relegating.

I start with very low CCP so makes low impact, even with the money yoiu make you can easily adapte extra parts.
Motivation will drop indeed. Is only to win lots of money will car and facies will stay the same, is a way just to make money, with that money you can get all up to date in next seasons.
Benjamins come in very nicely that is why i made this threat.

Quote ( Andrew Galica @ April 4th 2015,01:51:10 )

I am surprised that you have not been kicked out (team)., as you have contributed ZERO to your team this season,

Team knows plans and knows i will not give them money even will costs money because i get a part of them. There are other way to help the team you know so i see no relation of your post to the topic
Michael Winkley
(Група Amateur - 61)

Поруке: 33335
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #18 послано Апр 4 2015, 09:20:49 Цитирај 
At least the thread title is appropriate to its content, even if the opening post is not.
Stuart Foster
(Група Rookie - 55)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #19 послано Апр 4 2015, 10:02:52 (последња промена Апр 4 2015, 10:03:29 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 4th 2015,00:31:38 )

The only bad thing is that i will lose sponsorweeks.

A single sentence as if it isn't a big deal :)

quite.

NO. And here's why. Johnny Rotten gets 5 race ending randoms in a season. 50% loss of earnings is already a high penalty, not to mention the loss of sponsor progress and driver motivation. If anything I think race ending drop outs that were by tech problem should carry less of a financial penalty than current, but that's a separate issue. If the penalty was lower than 50% the danger is you make the game more frustrating for players who are actually trying to play the game properly...which in a pro group will be on average 35 out of 40 managers you'd think? So, why change something to make an OBP harder which actually makes the game harder for all others playing properly that get bad luck! :)
Harri Pakosta
(Група Amateur - 55)

Поруке: 2457
  Држава:
Естонија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #20 послано Апр 4 2015, 10:06:57 (последња промена Апр 4 2015, 10:08:26 од Harri Pakosta) Цитирај 

... no not in Pro :D

You sound like you are in need of a good old fashion rookie reset, those are rather fun. Rookie: "lets do 5 pits today why not, lets be silly" and then you win because everyone else did 6 - true story (almost).
Stijn Everaerts
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (2)
Стара порука #21 послано Апр 4 2015, 18:08:42 Цитирај 
i don't mean thhe difference of finishing and no finish higher then 50%.
What i mean is more partlevels with bigger differences in price.
now you have 100 points in 10 levels.
Make it 20 levels and 150 orso points, you get more differences in price and more possibilities to get different cars and more possible activities in the race.

maybe you should try to do a testrun with numbers maybe then it is easier to understand. Michael , you should use colors to.
Michael Winkley
(Група Amateur - 61)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #22 послано Апр 4 2015, 18:25:03 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 4th 2015,18:08:42 )

Do you even know what you are talking about?

Michael , you should use colors to.

I certainly don't.
Maik Schesch
(Група Pro - 17)

Поруке: 847
  Држава:
Немачка 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #23 послано Апр 4 2015, 18:52:01 Цитирај 

Make it 20 levels and 150 orso points, you get more differences in price and more possibilities to get different cars and more possible activities in the race.

To be fair, with 13 to 120+ CCPs per PHA and 11 parts to vary levels with, it's plenty of room to position your car exactly where you want it to be.
Håkan Ferm
(Група Pro - 5)

Држава:
Шведска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #24 послано Апр 4 2015, 19:56:51 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 4th 2015,02:36:47 )

i win lots more then you (at least I) ever got on sponsors during a season.

To even remotely answer this i feel i need to understand what you mean by this Stijn
right now i dont so please explain.
Zach Heesch
(Група Rookie - 353)

Поруке: 1849
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #25 послано Апр 4 2015, 20:49:22 Цитирај 
I have to agree the OBP option whether done at the beginning or end of a season is a bad idea. I've had many seasons of trying that, thinking "hey, I can just make up the difference next season." Problem is that you waste more money "catching up" then what you saved the season before. You feel like you saved 21 million by not racing this season, but all the things you lost, CCP, Sponsors, Driver stats etc will cost you more than 21 million to bring up to the point they could have been. I'll take a season of racing all season and working on multi season plan over a season of "banking" any day. The OBP is only a short term trap.
Michael Winkley
(Група Amateur - 61)

Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (1)
Стара порука #26 послано Апр 4 2015, 21:33:37 Цитирај 
Get your ass back in our team forum. You're only allowed to venture out here with my permission. ;p
Stijn Everaerts
(Група Pro - 2)

Држава:
Белгија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #27 послано Апр 4 2015, 23:52:37 Цитирај 
Quote ( Håkan Ferm @ April 4th 2015,19:56:51 )

To even remotely answer this i feel i need to understand what you mean by this Stijn
right now i dont so please explain.

I win lots more money "racing"like this then you (at least I) got on any sponsor so the lost of sponsor does not way up to the winnings of normal money.

The numbers i used 100 carpoints in 10 levels is just as example. If you want i can post howmany points you get for each level or part, but i was hoping soem good will could help you understand.

Like you probably know by now i'm a bite in the situation as discribed so it is not imaginary.
Kevin Parkinson
(Група Amateur - 120)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 14356
  Држава:
Шкотска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #28 послано Апр 4 2015, 23:57:28 (последња промена Апр 4 2015, 23:58:03 од Kevin Parkinson) Цитирај 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 4th 2015,23:52:37 )

I win lots more money "racing"like this then you (at least I) got on any sponsor so the lost of sponsor does not way up to the winnings of normal money.

Does that count when you have 5 sponsors?

And does that include the potential future sponsor income that you're not getting but you would be if making consistent good results while negotiating with the right sponsors?

The point already made by me, and echoed by others, is that the strategy you talk of puts you in a terrible long term position. No change needs to be made as the managers that are happy to use the "strategy" you speak of are harming themselves in the long term, so in turn benefiting others.
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Група Amateur - 84)

Поруке: 6825
  Држава:
Аустрија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #29 послано Апр 5 2015, 00:01:54 Цитирај 
I haven't read all of this, but most and for me that's not even worth considering in the slightest. Everyone who got far in this game knows very well that such a "strategy" won't get you anywhere with most reasons as to why being covered in here already.

Those who still believe it's a good idea and do actually try that will sooner or later come to the same conclusion, but will learn it the hard way ;p
Fran Betancort
(Група Pro - 9)

Поруке: 2945
  Држава:
Шпанија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #30 послано Апр 5 2015, 00:12:50 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stijn Everaerts @ April 4th 2015,23:52:37 )

I win lots more money "racing"like this

Stijn Everaerts
(Group Pro - 2)

Position 39

One manager with one race and one with 3 races over you in the standings.

$29.172.868

Level 6 car and Pipis to relegate

This season:
Race 5 one test 52 laps
Race 7 one test 100 laps
Race 8 one test 100 laps

Promoted to Pro in season 43 with $61.076.098 plus the position and points bonuses.
Season 44 you got 9 points $37.351.787 left
Season 45 you got 5 points $11.362.316 left

And despite all that you are trying to convince us you can easily survive in Pro while saving money with OBP strategy? Why didn´t you do it if it´s so efective? Come on Stijn!!! Your problem is a lack of planning and too much complaining about this or that.

Страна [12 » Иди на страну:

Одговори