Quentin Rieg
(Група Amateur - 70)

Поруке: 241
  Држава:
Француска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #361 послано Феб 12 2019, 07:21:50 Цитирај 
Congrats John, you were just better than me :)
Kyle Morris
(Група Amateur - 16)

Поруке: 6688
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #362 послано Феб 12 2019, 11:33:48 Цитирај 
I mean the Davis Cup/Fed Cup is exactly like that. 2015 when Belgium tried to play to Murrays weakness, that failed though :p
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
Поруке: 772
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #363 послано Феб 12 2019, 22:26:24 Цитирај 
GPRO Bracket Tour - Season 2 December

GBT Finals Sofia - Quarterfinals

Greg Tierney def. Vin Struder {1} 4-3 (2-1, 6-3, 3-4, 2-0, 7-5, 2-6, 2-1)
Nate Lung def. Martin Irla {4} 4-3 (0-4, 5-1, 0-5, 6-5, 0-5, 5-3, 4-0)
Grant Crouch {3} def. Chew Kai Wen 4-3 (5-2, 7-3, 5-2, 6-3, 1-6, 1-3, 1-2)
Rocco Stallone def. Quentin Rieg {2} 3-2 (5-2, 2-2, 2-2, 5-2, 5-6, 2-6, 2-1)

https://i.imgur.com/PsD0uYf.png

This Quarterfinal round, the first grass matches since September were definitely worth the wait! World no.1 Vin Struder loses his only second GBT match of the year to Greg Tierney - this is Struder's first recorded loss on grass. The upsets didn't stop there, as Nate Lung waited until December to show his best performance, arguably one of the best of Season 2 as Martin Irla is defeated despite a 3-point advantage. Chew Kai Wen couldn't up the ante but understandably so, Grant Crouch will be difficult to beat by anyone. And finally, Rocco Stallone defeated Quentin Rieg to end the Frenchman's one-year-long streak of #2 rank in the tightest quarter of the four.

This round left us with two all American Semi-Finals! Grant Crouch needs one more win to secure his second place, ahead of Stallone and Lung as things stand, four Americans will be leading the rankings going into Season 3, with Tierney joining them in 5th place if he beats Lung in the Semis.

Abu Dhabi 250 - Qualifying

Tie-breaking is in progress.

Joining is always open.
• Rankings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• November results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• This is the last month of the season. Look for the new thread after these tournaments finish. The new season will start with January plan deadlines at 22:00 on 24th February.
Vin Struder
(Група Amateur - 71)

Поруке: 117
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #364 послано Феб 12 2019, 22:40:13 Цитирај 
Arrrggg......

Good game Greg - no Gland Slam
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #365 послано Феб 12 2019, 22:45:28 Цитирај 

Abu Dhabi 250 - Qualifying

https://i.imgur.com/rN8z3nc.png

Four contenders, all within two points in the Qualifying. It's anyone's game but Dániel Vankó is with the clear skill-advantage... can he do it?

Joining is always open.
• November results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• This is the last month of the season. Look for the new thread after these tournaments finish. The new season will start with January plan deadlines at 22:00 on 24th February.
John Ibbotson
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 220
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #366 послано Феб 12 2019, 22:46:20 Цитирај 
Quote ( Quentin Rieg @ February 12th 2019,07:21:50 )

Congrats John

Thanks Quentin, I'm sure you will be strong again next season.

Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ February 11th 2019,23:21:42 )

Until then: what do you think about this format? The hosts have quite the advantage - but the tables will be turned eventually, skills improve, players catch on and games will be tighter season after season. I don't indent on changing rules but am open to discussion.

I like it as it is. I was lucky with the draw this season (3 home games out of 4 played), but that will be someone else's good fortune next season. This is different to all the other tournaments where the surface is fixed for the whole event, and I like that aspect to it.

With the home advantage, a player who has concentrated on one surface can prosper, but will struggle away from home, whereas a more balanced training approach gives a better chance both home and away. So the defining factor may be how many matches at home, and the random match-ups each of us get. I think that is how the players cup should be.

The world ranking rewards the most consistent. GBT gives the best players a chance of glory. Players cup gives everyone a chance.

What's not to like!
Nate Lung
(Група Amateur - 56)

Поруке: 585
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #367 послано Феб 12 2019, 22:57:09 Цитирај 
'Murica!
Rocco Stallone
(Група Pro - 25)

Поруке: 3130
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #368 послано Феб 12 2019, 23:13:33 Цитирај 
Horrendous draw.

Good match Quentin
Chew Kai Wen
(Група Pro - 4)

ГПРО особље
Поруке: 1870
  Држава:
Сингапур 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #369 послано Феб 13 2019, 00:40:52 Цитирај 
I can't believe that I was that close to getting a shock result...if my scores were in the right place xD

But its a solid win by Grant, I was living on a prayer to get a win in that game!
Gill Rocha
(Група Rookie - 118)

Поруке: 24
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #370 послано Феб 13 2019, 13:37:48 Цитирај 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ February 11th 2019,22:03:19 )

Welcome to the game Gill! :) A bit unlucky for you that you cannot do anything until the new season starts but the off-season is only one week long.

No problem :) Time for me to study the game!
Thanks!
Greg Tierney
(Група Amateur - 8)

Поруке: 537
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #371 послано Феб 13 2019, 15:55:36 (последња промена Феб 13 2019, 15:56:03 од Greg Tierney) Цитирај 
Always nice when a plan actually comes together.

Good match, Vin. Sorry (but not sorry) to take away the grand slam.
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #372 послано Феб 13 2019, 22:42:46 Цитирај 
I'm glad the Players' Cup is liked so far. It got closer to me round after round, I hope we can make it a tradition too.

In my statistics, Vin does have the Calendar Grand Slam as he won all three Grands of Season 2. If the final event was the Olympics, he would have missed out on the Golden Slam, I can't find the tennis term of winning all four Grand Slams and the ATP/WTA Finals. Vin got close, but no cigar (not that he needs another one :)), he will 'only' have to settle with all three Grand titles this season.

---

https://i.imgur.com/VchbMoA.png

And here is the (current) draw of the Players' Cup II!

For those who are new, weren't interested in this last season or just simply forgot, the Players' Cup is a special, year-long tournament featuring a single-elimination-bracket, players managing countries, and countries hosting matchups, all just like the former Davis (or Fed) Cup.

- The eight seeded countries are the 8 Quarterfinalists of The Players' Cup I.
- The #1 seed was placed at the top, #2 at the bottom, #3-#4 in the remaining two quarters, #5-#8 in the remaining four 1/8ths.
- Unseeded countries, who lost in the Round of 16 last season (the rest of the World Group) were drawn a random seeded opponent.
- Unseeded countries, who didn't make it to the Round of 16 last season were drawn an unseeded opponent to play in the Play-Offs.
- The hosting country will alternate between a pairing, for the first time it's always random.

If your name is on the list:
- You are confirmed to play the Players' Cup on the side of the GPRO Bracket Tour.
- If you don't want to play, you can unregister from the Players' Cup. If you're seeded, you will lose your seed to the best ranked GBT player, whose country is yet unseeded (from the World Group). If you aren't seeded, one random country from the Play-Offs advances to your place if needed.
- You can change countries, but you will lose your seed if you do so.

If your name is NOT on the list:
- Select any independent country (outside the currently managed ones) to play the Players' Cup.
- If your favorite country / best pick for a nation is selected, you can always negotiate with the owner. I'll host qualification tournaments if necessary.
- You do not have to play this tournament, playing GBT itself is perfectly fine too.
- You will be drawn an unseeded country in the Play-Offs. There is a 50% chance you will be the host of the match, in which case you will be able to decide, which surface (clay, grass, hard) you want the match to be on. Home field advantage!

Registration for the Players' Cup II ends in Season 2 January, 1st March to be exact. The Play-Off round begins on 4th March so even if you are in a Play-Off match and you know if you're a host or not, you don't have to announce your surface yet.
Kyle Morris
(Група Amateur - 16)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #373 послано Феб 13 2019, 22:44:13 Цитирај 
So 3 slams vs 2 slams xD number 1 vs former EoS number 1. Can't get any more titan than that
Julien Lavric
(Група Amateur - 84)

Поруке: 5
  Држава:
Француска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #374 послано Феб 14 2019, 19:00:36 Цитирај 
Peru will be glad to host and play against Australia on the sunny clay courts of Cuzco !
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #375 послано Феб 14 2019, 23:02:43 Цитирај 

GBT Finals Sofia - Semi-Finals

Nate Lung def. Greg Tierney 4-3 on replay (7-6, 7-1, 0-1, 0-5, 2-6, 2-1, 2-1)
Rocco Stallone def. Grant Crouch {3} 3-2 (6-2, 6-3, 6-5, 0-6, 0-5, 3-3, 2-2)

https://i.imgur.com/in5sNa9.png

It just keeps getting crazier as both matches end with an upset! First, Greg Tierney's run was ended by Nate Lung in his second straight underdog victory, ending Tierney's remarkable 23-month streak between 3rd and 6th, he will end the year in 9th position. Then Rocco Stallone became only the second person to defeat Grant Crouch on grass, doing so from three points behind.

Four months ago, neither of them were in the Top 10 ever in their careers. They have never made it to a Grand Final or a 500 Series final. But the slow start was indeed for a reason and they are most certainly here for big things! One of them will end Season 2 ranked #2, one of them will win the second GBT Finals. The final match of the season between Rocco Stallone and Nate Lung is now underway.

Abu Dhabi 250 - Semi-Finals

Tie-breaking is in progress.

Joining is always open.
Nate Lung
(Група Amateur - 56)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #376 послано Феб 15 2019, 05:12:26 (последња промена Феб 15 2019, 05:24:19 од Nate Lung) Цитирај 
I almost can't believe it. I mean... I can, but still.

This truly has been a remarkable GBT Finals event. It has single-handedly confirmed that rating is not everything in this game.

Well played Greg, and well done Rocco! I think we've thus far earned our place in the final, and at minimum, you've done me a favor XD 20-26? Can you imagine that for a final?

Regardless I'm very happy to make it this far, and may the best strategy win!

Edit- With results like this, Rocco, you should come back to Strategy 7's and try to resurrect the Terriers from the depths of the fourth tier XD
Nate Lung
(Група Amateur - 56)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #377 послано Феб 15 2019, 15:48:15 Цитирај 
Also, can I take Papua New Guinea in the Player's Cup?
Rocco Stallone
(Група Pro - 25)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #378 послано Феб 15 2019, 15:59:37 Цитирај 
Let’s do it Nate.

I’ll join again next off season
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #379 послано Феб 15 2019, 16:21:32 Цитирај 
Quote ( Nate Lung @ February 15th 2019,15:48:15 )

Also, can I take Papua New Guinea in the Player's Cup?

You most certainly can. Welcome!

You will be playing your first match in the Players' Cup away against the United States (Greg Tierney) in Season 3 February.

https://i.imgur.com/DD61H5G.png
Greg Tierney
(Група Amateur - 8)

Поруке: 537
  Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #380 послано Феб 15 2019, 16:51:11 (последња промена Феб 15 2019, 16:51:23 од Greg Tierney) Цитирај 
...come on, Balint -- I just lost to him with an advantage. And now you turn around and tell me I have to play him in the Players' Cup next season!? :-)
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #381 послано Феб 15 2019, 16:52:41 Цитирај 
I thought you wanted to take revenge on him... ;)
Keith Partridge
(Група Amateur - 91)

Поруке: 1047
  Држава:
Велс 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #382 послано Феб 15 2019, 17:13:52 Цитирај 
The Welsh LTA would like to welcome their Icelandic opponents to The Cardiff Lawn Tennis Club (obviously in the capital city of Cardiff)

As the grass courts are still suffering from recent flooding, the matches will take place on the newly installed Clay Court

May the best team win...
Nate Lung
(Група Amateur - 56)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #383 послано Феб 15 2019, 18:56:49 Цитирај 
Quote ( Bálint Turi-Kováts @ February 15th 2019,16:52:41 )

...come on, Balint -- I just lost to him with an advantage. And now you turn around and tell me I have to play him in the Players' Cup next season!? :-)

Now we know how he and Kyle feel in 7s XD
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #384 послано Феб 15 2019, 23:21:35 (последња промена Феб 16 2019, 09:30:18 од Bálint Turi-Kováts) Цитирај 

GBT Finals Sofia - Final

Nate Lung def. Rocco Stallone 4-3 (1-5, 7-5, 0-5, 0-5, 4-0, 4-1, 4-2)

https://i.imgur.com/Qpp9FDq.png

The biggest Cinderella story of GPRO Bracket Tour got its' proper ending! 20-skilled Nate Lung defeats Rocco Stallone (23 Grass) and makes it three upsets out of three to win the GBT Finals! Only five points ahead of 9th place before the December tournaments, Lung was barely supposed to be here. Yet the American proved that Top 10 is his territory and he cements his position at the top end of the rankings, finishing second in Season 2. Rocco Stallone ends his biggest final to date with a defeat but with a year-end 4th position, the future is bright for him as well. 5/7 upsets in Sofia, this this tournament is one to remember.

Abu Dhabi 250 - Semi-Finals and Final

https://i.imgur.com/W0COeEj.png

Thomas Upton def. Kyle Morris {1} 10-9
Christian Anello {4} def. Dániel Vankó {2} on walkover, in replay

Thomas Upton def. Christian Anello {4} 4-0

https://i.imgur.com/DIIlqB4.png

Dániel Vankó was in the driving seat until a draw in the Semi-Finals against Christian Anello set him back. Eventually, he couldn't come up with a plan in time and defaulted against the Italian. Anello didn't know this of course, so he did everything he could to secure a spot in the Final. Even if this meant losing all his chances of a victory there... Thomas Upton defeated the former no.1 by one point and had an impressive four remaining for the final. The Englishman is already up to 22nd with 275 points and no doubt he will be going upward next season.

---

https://i.imgur.com/73HF66u.png

Season 2 ends with Vin Struder on top, leading the GBT rankings for the 8th month in a row (8th time in his career). He ends the year with an astonishing 3710 points, mostly due to the Calendar Grand Slam he achieved. There is a new second place in town, GBT Finals winner Nate Lung. Another two Americans follow him, Grant Crouch and Rocco Stallone will certainly make the battle for second place interesting., as well as sixth placed Martin Irla, who has 150 points to defend in the first six months of Season 3. Remember, Vin Struder started the season in 10th position and GBT points only last 12 months. Anything can and will change as the game goes on!

https://i.imgur.com/89daYk6.png

Joining is always open.
• December results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• This is the last month of the season. Look for the new thread in the next couple of days. The new season will start with January plan deadlines at 22:00 on 24th February.
Nate Lung
(Група Amateur - 56)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #385 послано Феб 16 2019, 01:15:42 Цитирај 
*collapses to knees with arms spread and fists beating the air.

After several moments of dazed confusion, rises back up to shake Rocco's hand, salute the fans, and hope to avoid all the reporters–which of course is impossible*

I'm still amazed. On the one hand, having already done the 3-point upset (plus another 1-point upset) in the tournament I think helped morale going into the final. But I was also thinking it probably couldn't happen twice. I had relatively poor performances for most of the season, and decided to take a slightly different approach going into this one, more like the approach I take in Premier League 5's (spoilers). Apparently that was the right decision, and I can't wait to put it to use next season!
Kyle Morris
(Група Amateur - 16)

Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #386 послано Феб 16 2019, 01:30:31 Цитирај 
Its been a season to forget for me, but cant wait to build on my training and prove S1 wasn't a fluke
Rocco Stallone
(Група Pro - 25)

Држава:
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #387 послано Феб 16 2019, 03:32:14 Цитирај 
*cries*

Nice one Nate
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #388 послано Феб 17 2019, 00:30:57 (последња промена Феб 17 2019, 00:32:11 од Bálint Turi-Kováts) Цитирај 
Season 2 match statistics! More stats and overall rankings in the new thread, next week.

https://i.imgur.com/ekXIEWX.png

• If you have four, five or six extra Skill Points, you will lose one of them at the end of the season.
• If you have seven, eight or nine extra Skill Points, you will lose two of them at the end of the season.

Jed Howorth loses 1 Clay Skill (19->18)
Nenad Bošnjak loses 1 Clay Skill (19->18)
Grant Crouch loses 1 Grass Skill (26->25)
Mike Baston loses 1 Grass Skill (24->23)
Dániel Vankó loses 1 Hard Skill (30->29)

Everyone's Stamina resets to 10.

https://i.imgur.com/pAOWnEF.png

Joining is always open.
• December results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• Players' Cup I results: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSl3JdYtXpwj...
• This is the last month of the season. Look for the new thread on Sunday or Monday. The new season will start with January plan deadlines at 22:00 on 24th February.
Tom Byrne
(Група Amateur - 67)

Поруке: 245
  Држава:
Аустралија 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #389 послано Феб 17 2019, 01:13:59 Цитирај 
What a bad season.
Bálint Turi-Kováts
(Група Rookie - 172)

Уредник теме
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #390 послано Феб 17 2019, 18:07:42 Цитирај 
Skipping a week once again to settle the off-season changes but GBT will be back with its' first deadline in a week, Sunday 24th February!

Thank you for playing Season 2 of GPRO Bracket Tour. See you all (hopefully!) in Season 3!

/forum/ViewTopic.asp?TopicId=28568
Страна « 1 2 3 ... 11 12 [13 Иди на страну:

Одговори