Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Driver auction - sell the driver Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених
Страна [1
Аутор Тема: Driver auction - sell the driver 13 одговора
Pete Lohvansuu
(Група Pro - 1)

Поруке: 399
  Држава:
Финска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (11)   Не свиђа ми се (3)
Стара порука #1 послано Апр 1 2021, 19:06:41 Цитирај 
I couldn't find a toppic for this kind of suggestion so let's see if this could be developed as a good feature.

So, you have trained a good driver but you feel it's time to let go just because you're not ready for the next level and find a trainable driver. If there could be option to put driver on 'market' instead of just paying half of his salary left, it could give some invested money back. It needs a good balance for everything that it could work and there are lots of ways to use it wrong. But could it be possible? Some things what I thought:

Owner:
- Listing fee of 20% of remaining salary. It should not be cheap so that all kind of drivers would be thrown there.
- Listing time is 7 days.
- When driver will be put on market, his efficient motivation drops by 150 but it won't affect OA.
- If driver will be bought, he will get compensation of rest of the driver's salary x 0 + 20% of the winning bid price.

Bidder:
- Drivers are listed for free, same stats available like when someone has them already. Important thing hidden.
- Fee for bidding is 1mil (500k?)
- Two hidden stats can be bought to be revealed to bidder, 1mil each.
- There's a bidder list by name (hidden +1mil, will be shown as 'anonymous'), sorted by bidding time.
- Winning bidder pays bid price + rest of the driver contract.

I know there are flaws which I couldn't think of, but could it work? Would it make driver market or game more interesting? Are there some flaws which makes it interesting to trade your driver to your team mate and then get it back.. for some reason? Or is it just stupid idea. (beat my worst topic votes if you want).
Diogo Abdalla
(Група Pro - 4)

Поруке: 309
  Држава:
Бразил 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (0)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #2 послано Апр 1 2021, 20:56:10 Цитирај 
I kinda like this idea but I think all stats of the driver should be revealed if he/she is out to auction
Steven Carmona
(Група Amateur - 72)

Поруке: 42
  Држава:
Сједињене Америчке Државе 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #3 послано Апр 1 2021, 20:57:58 Цитирај 
I'm all for this idea to be honest, adds an extra option and layer.
Ryan White
(Група Rookie - 99)

Поруке: 13
  Држава:
Канада 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #4 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:01:44 Цитирај 
I like the idea of this and the dynamic something like this could add to the game

David Evans
(Група Amateur - 1)

Поруке: 210
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (2)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #5 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:17:37 Цитирај 
I like the idea of being able to sell your driver. There are many that would have put a lot of time and funds into developing a driver over a number of seasons so it would be nice to recoup some of that. I would suggest the percentage of money recouped should be based around the amount of time or the amount of races he/she has raced for you.

I disagree however with masking driver attributes. Like the current market, why would you bid on a driver without knowing his/her stats? If it’s a developed driver for sale, visible stats would help drive the auction to further help the seller recoup more money back
Robert Kearney
(Група Amateur - 67)

Поруке: 3248
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (7)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #6 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:20:04 Цитирај 
Open to abuse surely.
a team member could switch cash to a fellow team member and pay over the odds for said driver.
Easy way to move money about IMO.
nice idea but cant work on its present format.
Stuart Foster
(Група Master - 4)

Поруке: 12459
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Свиђа ми се (1)   Не свиђа ми се (0)
Стара порука #7 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:23:32 (последња промена Апр 1 2021, 21:23:46 од Stuart Foster) Цитирај 
Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 1st 2021,21:20:04 )

a team member could switch cash to a fellow team member and pay over the odds for said driver

only team members?

Whatever fee is involved should be fixed and based on the driver's ability when signed vs point of sale.

Then there is no case to be answered.
Eduardo Sanchez Carenzo
(Група Pro - 12)

Поруке: 2729
  Држава:
Мексико 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #8 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:36:12 Цитирај 
Quote ( Pete Lohvansuu @ April 1st 2021,19:06:41 )

If driver will be bought, he will get compensation of rest of the driver's salary x 0 + 20% of the winning bid price.

This is what I don't agree and where it can be seriously abused.

If the manager sells hsi driver, he would only pay the 20% he has already paid to put him in the market, no more money (he will save 30% that is his win)

The 20% would not be refundable thus if he changes driver he woould stil have to pay the 50% of the salary (yes that is a whopping 70% but that is the price of trying to save some money).

Also a lock should be considered that he will never be able to rebuy that driver again.

Lee Ifans
(Група Master - 3)

Поруке: 3674
  Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #9 послано Апр 1 2021, 21:37:07 Цитирај 
Always wanted this. Deals would have to be moderated to prevent abuse. The idea of negotiating with other managers would be a nice new angle.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Amateur - 4)

Поруке: 11906
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #10 послано Апр 1 2021, 22:08:30 Цитирај 
Just carefully.
Robert Kearney
(Група Amateur - 67)

Поруке: 3248
  Држава:
Енглеска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #11 послано Апр 2 2021, 13:14:16 Цитирај 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ April 1st 2021,21:23:32 )

Quote ( Robert Kearney @ April 1st 2021,21:20:04 )

a team member could switch cash to a fellow team member and pay over the odds for said driver

only team members?

Whatever fee is involved should be fixed and based on the driver's ability when signed vs point of sale.

Then there is no case to be answered.

True Stu, I was just thinking about it from the angle of a team, but it could happen from anybody. DA’s would be also able to move huge amounts of money between accounts.
I just can’t see it working.
Lee Ifans
(Група Master - 3)

Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #12 послано Апр 6 2021, 18:22:50 (последња промена Апр 6 2021, 18:23:35 од Lee Ifans) Цитирај 
The upside to this is it makes driver development more appealing. Managers who want to stay with the same driver are up against it when they are competing with managers who build big cash balances or managers who like to run static positions, particularly in Master and Pro.

Driver trainers have a tough job going for promotion sometimes especially now there are only three promotion spots not four. There's some creative solutions to get ahead of the rich and the unambitious, but they also have their downsides ;)

Was thinking of something like solidarity payments in football where managers who lose a driver they have had long term because of OA limits would be paid an amount in compensation. This would work like sponsor cancellations and at least you would get some financial reward for your efforts. Either a fixed amount calculated by drivers skills or possibly a %age of the driver's next contract.

An idea for an actual market could be that Amateur managers can place a driver in a transfer market for Pro managers if the driver has been with the manager for at least three years and his OA exceeds the Amateur limit. Five years service for a Pro manager to put a driver up for Masters and seven years for Masters selling to Elite.

This at least would head off abuse by transfer spammers. In team transfers banned and all deals able to be vetoed by the admins if they suspect abuse.

It could add something worthwhile and yes you may get managers turning to running their positions as an academy but is this a bad thing? It probably means better drivers on the market and it would be a good way for the community to engage each other more.

I don't think this idea should die and maybe what I have suggested isn't perfect but if it can't be abused I think it could be good.
Lee Ifans
(Група Master - 3)

Држава:
Венецуела 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #13 послано Апр 6 2021, 18:36:04 Цитирај 
One other idea to help trainers is a 'future contract'.

This is a different kind of solution where I could agree a contract with a driver I might otherwise lose because of OA at a fixed point in the future.

If I am at a level where the driver is under my OA limit this gives me a chance to get up to the level required to get my driver back. It would mean someone else would get the benefit of your driver for a season or two, but you also have the chance to get back on track with that driver at a future point.

This is a more conservative idea but I think that would be a really interesting system and again it is designed to make long term driver more appealing.
Tibor Szuromi
(Група Amateur - 4)

Поруке: 11906
  Држава:
Мађарска 
Сертификат: 
Стара порука #14 послано Апр 6 2021, 19:18:16 (последња промена Апр 6 2021, 19:20:59 од Tibor Szuromi) Цитирај 
@Lee Ifans (M3) Interesting; but implementation (staff) and management (manager) are not difficult?
Страна [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Suggestions forum > Driver auction - sell the driver Додај ову тему на листу игнорисаних Додај ову тему на листу праћених

Одговори