Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Forum games > [Mafia] Kevin's Big One #2 - Return To Big One Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 134 [135136 137 » Перейти на страницу:
Автор Тема: [Mafia] Kevin's Big One #2 - Return To Big One 4090 ответов
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #4020 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 20:37:00 Цитата 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ February 17th 2012,20:35:42 )

since the plan was for him to suicide early in the game.

Was it? I thought the plan was for him to suicide when he was going to get lynched anyway, like he attempted to do.
Krasimir Ivanov
(Группа Amateur - 18)

Страна:
Болгария 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4021 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 20:51:03 Цитата 
Well, no one expected Chris to last long :)
Chris Anello
(Группа Rookie - 304)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4022 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 20:52:06 Цитата 
As I said before, this is my best game so far ;)
Jim Hastie
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4023 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 21:00:08 Цитата 
Quote ( Chris Anello @ February 17th 2012,20:52:06 )

As I said before, this is my best game so far ;)

If only you had committed suicide properly :D
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4024 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 21:02:07 Цитата 
Says the man with an impotent gun lol

(Although I accept that's Shoaib's fault)

I'm curious to how Jim would have played his role if Ryan hadn't claimed so early. They had the same role, with the same restriction, kill in thread but can't kill on consecutive days, so they could have been of the same alignment.

Jim, would you have went for a dayvig style claim if Ryan hadn't got in before you?
Chris Anello
(Группа Rookie - 304)

Страна:
Италия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4025 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 21:02:12 Цитата 
It could have been better =P
Alexandru Cristescu
(Группа Pro - 13)

Страна:
Румыния 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4026 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 21:54:14 Цитата 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 17th 2012,21:02:07 )

Jim, would you have went for a dayvig style claim if Ryan hadn't got in before you?

Honestly if I were Jim and I saw ryan's claim I would have thought there's a second mafia with exactly the same setup...
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4027 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 22:40:06 Цитата 
Quote ( Alexandru Cristescu @ February 17th 2012,21:54:14 )

Honestly if I were Jim and I saw ryan's claim I would have thought there's a second mafia with exactly the same setup...

It was a 32 player game and they had a mafia group of 8. Although a 2nd group was mentioned at one point, I doubt they would think there was another group of the same 8 roles! :p
Eoin Farrelly
(Группа Rookie - 299)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4028 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 22:49:42 Цитата 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ February 17th 2012,20:35:42 )

Nope, it was just the first name that came to my mind. I was trying to distance from Chris at that time, since the plan was for him to suicide early in the game.

It was a slip, be honest :p And like others said the plan was for Chris to suicide when he was close to lynch :)
Krasimir Ivanov
(Группа Amateur - 18)

Страна:
Болгария 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4029 Размещено 17 Фев 2012, 23:46:39 Цитата 
Well, I still wanted to distance from him. And btw, I was completely honest about the Gordon lurking issue too. Would've said the same thing regardless of alignment.
John Ibbotson
(Группа Pro - 4)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4030 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:11:11 Цитата 
Thanks for running the game Kevin - much appreciated.

Congratulations to the mafia group. After losing a player before N1, it was relatively straight forward from then on. A slight wobble when Chris arsed up the bomb, and Sam made a mess of his voodoo, but pretty safe on the whole.

I thought there would have been a mass role claim when it was clear it was lylo or there abouts - maybe would have helped town hit scum. Riley's mod-kill pretty much told the story of towns play (inclouding myself) unfortunately.

I sent my friendly neighbour note to Ryan on N2 - I couldn't believe it when he wouldn't do what I was telling him to do on D3, though I was wrong about Frank being bad anyway!

Why did no-one protect me after Chris clearly tried to kill me?
Ryan Lowe
(Группа Rookie - 87)

Страна:
Австралия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4031 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:39:38 Цитата 
i didnt get any note...
Frank Rizzo
(Группа Rookie - 174)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4032 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:51:09 Цитата 
Quote ( John Ibbotson @ February 18th 2012,00:11:11 )

I sent my friendly neighbour note to Ryan on N2 - I couldn't believe it when he wouldn't do what I was telling him to do on D3, though I was wrong about Frank being bad anyway!

Shockingly I was going to change my tune about halfway through the day after you gave me the note to try to trap out a scum. Shame you got killed that night.
Alexandru Cristescu
(Группа Pro - 13)

Страна:
Румыния 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4033 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:55:26 (последняя редакция 18 Фев 2012, 00:55:54 от Alexandru Cristescu) Цитата 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 17th 2012,22:40:06 )

It was a 32 player game and they had a mafia group of 8. Although a 2nd group was mentioned at one point, I doubt they would think there was another group of the same 8 roles! :p

I remember playing a bitch-mod where everybody was mafia... 4 teams of 6 I think. It was fun to watch... for the mod at least, it was painful to play because none of us knew the setup...

So yeah, everything is possible...
Frank Rizzo
(Группа Rookie - 174)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4034 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:55:48 Цитата 
Quote ( John Ibbotson @ February 18th 2012,00:11:11 )

I thought there would have been a mass role claim when it was clear it was lylo or there abouts - maybe would have helped town hit scum. Riley's mod-kill pretty much told the story of towns play (inclouding myself) unfortunately.

The remaining town after I suicided was left without any brain matter sadly. Once I figured out the game I wept a tear because it was so obvious that Jeff was third party of some kind after I asked about him when I died. I knew he was not town aligned, but of course no one bothers to think at any point.

Jeff should have been immediately lynched when the quack inventor was revealed. No one who was left in the game knew how to play mafia at that point however.
Alexandru Cristescu
(Группа Pro - 13)

Страна:
Румыния 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4035 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 00:58:41 Цитата 
Quote ( Frank Rizzo @ February 18th 2012,00:55:48 )

The remaining town after I suicided was left without any brain matter sadly. Once I figured out the game I wept a tear because it was so obvious that Jeff was third party of some kind after I asked about him when I died. I knew he was not town aligned, but of course no one bothers to think at any point.

Jeff should have been immediately lynched when the quack inventor was revealed. No one who was left in the game knew how to play mafia at that point however.

Yeah, we bow to you oh you shining star of mafia games... I wonder how come the mafia didn't mass suicide when they found out that you were not on their side...
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4036 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 01:01:15 Цитата 
The views expressed above are solely of Frank Rizzo and do not reflect GPRO, its owners or anyone modding a mafia game. :)
Krasimir Ivanov
(Группа Amateur - 18)

Страна:
Болгария 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #4037 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 01:25:11 Цитата 
I don't think Frank ever found a single mafia this game, so yes, Frank, you really figured the game out :P
Jeff Pumphrey
(Группа Amateur - 41)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4038 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 02:08:39 Цитата 

But for about the 19th time - the invention worked for Gordon. I was not maifa.
Eoin Farrelly
(Группа Rookie - 299)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4039 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 02:25:16 Цитата 

Does losing taste bitter for you Frank? Or is it just everything is bitter for you? Your negative attitude is so immature and ignorant. The days you were ranting were just irritating and you totally threw town off track.
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4040 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 08:11:23 Цитата 

What quack inventor? Did you read his role PM and the mod notes?

And why would lynching a 3rd party help town at all?

Also, those receiving the inventions were told in their role PM that the true nature of the inventions were not known, could be good, bad or even unsafe.
Pål Göran Stensson
(Группа Pro - 12)

Страна:
Швеция 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4041 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 09:03:02 Цитата 
I've continued to follow this game even if I died early on. In a way, I'm glad I died early on because even if I managed to read through the entire thread I had little time to actually analyze the situation more than cursorily. Still feels like a very random nighteat of me and my role could have been pretty useful if I had survived a couple of nights further into the game.

However, I am rather appalled by town play in this game. The inactivity was a serious issue for town, the modkills alone took away at least one more game day if not two. Secondly, the quick lynch of Jun was purely stupid. I even said it directly at the start of that day that TAKE IT EASY and don't rush a lynch. Imho, lynching Jun that day was just stupid. If his claim was correct, then he would end up with a NK the following night in all likelihood. We could just have let mafia verify his claim for us.

At the point of my death I was fairly confident of Jeff, Alex and Frank as non-town. I knew Jeff wasn't mafia though. Turned out there was only one in there. I'm surprised that Alex didn't get lynched from having my vote on him after my role was known. I think Matthew alluded to this being suspect too. I never had a result on him though, I investigated Jeff on N1 and got a negative. Had Frank as target for N2 but was promptly eaten before I got a result.

Oh well, I'll carefully consider if I am going to play more mafia. In a way, I enjoy reading the games more than actually playing in them. I have a hard time finding the time to write longer, more insightful pieces and having the time to go back over the thread to analyze earlier events in the light of later developments.
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4042 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 09:10:38 Цитата 
Thanks for playing, Pål. You sound like someone who would enjoy playing smaller games, as quite a few have mentioned, so I certainly hope you give them a chance in the future, when you have the time.
Jim Hastie
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4043 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:13:38 (последняя редакция 18 Фев 2012, 10:14:49 от Jim Hastie) Цитата 
Quote ( Jeff Pumphrey @ February 18th 2012,02:08:39 )

But for about the 19th time - the invention worked for Gordon. I was not maifa.

I'd question that, you were not town, therefore you were not good.
Matthew Standen
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4044 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:17:09 Цитата 
Quote ( Jim Hastie @ February 18th 2012,10:13:38 )

I'd question that, you were not town, therefore you were not good.

I disagree. It was similar to a survivor role, therefore no threat to town at all. And when mafia get close to equalling all other players in number, it is of no benefit to town to lynch such roles.
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4045 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:18:52 Цитата 
Quote ( Jim Hastie @ February 18th 2012,10:13:38 )

I'd question that, you were not town, therefore you were not good, to win you needed to

The cop investigations were all either "Mafia" or "Not Mafia" and the third parties would return "Not Mafia" with the exception being the FBI Agent, who would get "SK" or "Not SK"

Jeff was pretty harmless to everyone, the only problem he may have created for town is if he completed his mission, he would win and leave the game, so reduce the numbers by one, although in meeting his win condition he would have to try and defend the ones he had probed, and wouldn't know their alignment.
Jim Hastie
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4046 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:20:36 Цитата 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 17th 2012,21:02:07 )

Says the man with an impotent gun lol(Although I accept that's Shoaib's fault)I'm curious to how Jim would have played his role if Ryan hadn't claimed so early. They had the same role, with the same restriction, kill in thread but can't kill on consecutive days, so they could have been of the same alignment.Jim, would you have went for a dayvig style claim if Ryan hadn't got in before you?

I had my finger on the trigger for the last 30 mins of the day waiting on my teammate placing his vote so that I didn't need to use it, my only choice was either Matthew or Jeff, I did predict on the mafia QT that Jeff would switch his vote hoping that Shoaib would read that but sadly he was having a lovely dinner right at the most crucial time of the day, what can I say kids nowadays, they've got their priorities all wrong.

Once Ryan had claimed I decided not to claim until he was dead, my angle would have been coming out of dayvig retirement to avenge his death, until then I was vanilla and hence keeping quiet as my ability would be useful to town in the latter part of the game.
Gordon Ashford
(Группа Amateur - 52)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4047 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:24:47 Цитата 
Quote ( Krasimir Ivanov @ February 17th 2012,23:46:39 )

Well, I still wanted to distance from him. And btw, I was completely honest about the Gordon lurking issue too. Would've said the same thing regardless of alignment.

I actually got what you were saying after 4 or 5 attempts, but your reaction set off an alarm in my head. I would have likely let it go in time. the problem was you stuck to your guns even after being proved to be wrong (and therefore lying).
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Rookie - 217)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4048 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:25:07 Цитата 
Quote ( Jim Hastie @ February 18th 2012,10:20:36 )

Once Ryan had claimed I decided not to claim until he was dead, my angle would have been coming out of dayvig retirement to avenge his death, until then I was vanilla and hence keeping quiet as my ability would be useful to town in the latter part of the game.

I actually quite liked that fake claim when you came up with it. I would have been interested to see what town would say if you had a chance to claim it.
Jim Hastie
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #4049 Размещено 18 Фев 2012, 10:31:07 Цитата 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ February 18th 2012,10:25:07 )

I actually quite liked that fake claim when you came up with it. I would have been interested to see what town would say if you had a chance to claim it.

Early town didn't seem to buy much in the claiming department (hence the Jun lynch), later on they seemed more receptive, if I'd killed Jeff it would have been interesting, if I'd killed Matthew that would have been more difficult for me.

Hindsight is wonderful though, I was just reading back on the Goodbadaroo and there is a lovely post from Matthew with a blatent breadcrumb that he is the gift giver
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 134 [135136 137 » Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Forum games > [Mafia] Kevin's Big One #2 - Return To Big One Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему