Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 51 [5253 ... 63 64 65 » Перейти на страницу:
Автор Тема: Current situation and GPRO's future 1935 ответов
Kevin Parkinson
(Группа Pro - 2)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1531 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 18:45:08 Цитата 
Quote ( Mark Webster @ April 22nd 2016,18:33:55 )

I think somewhere around the late teen seasons/early season 20's where it really changed

I can't comment on what it was like before season 16, cause I wasn't about, but I didn't use the forums when I first started (they always gave the impression of newbies being eaten alive) so the time I'm talking about where the community spirit was good was likely around the same time you say things soured. Hell, it was late 20s when I retired but hung around because I liked the community and forums.

Curious to what it was like before that time then, as forums were warnings were handed out for looking the wrong way and were newbies got jumped on for opening a thread instead of searching doesn't sound overly welcoming to me, but I'm sure there is plenty that I'm unaware of, and can imagine that the natural bond of those around at the start of the game couldn't have been a bad thing.

Interesting that the perspective is different about when the community around here was good, but then I missed many of the things you mentioned so didn't ever impact me.
Stuart Foster
(Группа Rookie - 308)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1532 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 18:54:23 (последняя редакция 22 Апр 2016, 18:55:00 от Stuart Foster) Цитата 
I always believed the community to be good upto the mid 30's tbh. It was fine when I first started posting at least, I found everybody quite friendly actually, maybe it's just cos I was a noob at the time and had no idea of the things happening at the top end :) I didn't really pay much attention to the game until Season 30 or so anyway.
Mark Webster
(Группа Elite)

Страна:
Канада 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1533 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 18:59:39 Цитата 
Quote ( Kevin Parkinson @ April 22nd 2016,18:45:08 )

I can't comment on what it was like before season 16, cause I wasn't about, but I didn't use the forums when I first started (they always gave the impression of newbies being eaten alive) so the time I'm talking about where the community spirit was good was likely around the same time you say things soured. Hell, it was late 20s when I retired but hung around because I liked the community and forums.

Curious to what it was like before that time then, as forums were warnings were handed out for looking the wrong way and were newbies got jumped on for opening a thread instead of searching doesn't sound overly welcoming to me, but I'm sure there is plenty that I'm unaware of, and can imagine that the natural bond of those around at the start of the game couldn't have been a bad thing.

Interesting that the perspective is different about when the community around here was good, but then I missed many of the things you mentioned so didn't ever impact me.

Newbie flaming definitely happened but I don't think it was too prevalent. In many cases these newbies were actually PM'ed by other managers and were helped out that way, it was almost like an unofficial mentoring program. I certainly PM'ed a few.

It's funny actually, when I joined the Lithuanians were very successful and I remember there being a bunch of DA accusations going their way, much the same that the Russians and Hungarians are now. I mean, all three were/are clearly at it but simply accusing someone of a DA got you a warning at the time.

The mods were certainly warning happy and I had run-ins with at least 3 of them because of it, but the main difference was that the main users were all quite friendly and nice and the "FOBY" posts were actually good guidance for people looking to learn. Another reason was that the annual meetings were attended by most of the active users, so a lot of respect went around.
Janne Väänänen
(Группа Pro - 3)

Страна:
Финляндия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1534 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 19:33:16 Цитата 
Personally I've been put off the forums largely due to the increasingly irritating behaviour of three or four individuals, post 2013-2014; mainly due to them, i dont read most of threads anymore.

Not that i'd claim my "lost" input to the forums especially valuable or irreplaceable, but from the perspective of the game the worrying sign is that i've heard many users, who never really have got into the forums that much, share similar viewpoints.
Stephen Bewers
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (5)
Старое сообщение #1535 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 19:37:59 Цитата 
This is going to be a very unpopular suggestion and I'm expecting to get a load of thumbs down for this but one solution could be to limit the amount of posts a user can make on the forum in a day to something like 3 and if they want to make any more then it costs supporter credits.

That way people might use their 3 posts for saying something important instead of petty replies to people which add no real benefit to the conversation and just contribute to this air of negativity. And those who do want to continue doing that can either PM and keep it off the forum or pay for the privilege to do so.

I mean, it doesn't have to apply to the Silly Games board so people could still play those as much as they like, but it might help to cut out some of the ridiculousness from the main boards and give an extra revenue stream at the same time.
Stuart Foster
(Группа Rookie - 308)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1536 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 19:38:56 (последняя редакция 22 Апр 2016, 19:39:28 от Stuart Foster) Цитата 
seriously? I make like +50 posts a day in silly games forum some days :)

edit : ok, just seen the last bit...:D
Michael Winkley
(Группа Pro - 12)

Страна:
Уэльс 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1537 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 19:50:03 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ April 22nd 2016,19:37:59 )

This is going to be a very unpopular suggestion and I'm expecting to get a load of thumbs down for this but one solution could be to limit the amount of posts a user can make on the forum in a day to something like 3 and if they want to make any more then it costs supporter credits.

That way people might use their 3 posts for saying something important instead of petty replies to people which add no real benefit to the conversation and just contribute to this air of negativity. And those who do want to continue doing that can either PM and keep it off the forum or pay for the privilege to do so.

I mean, it doesn't have to apply to the Silly Games board so people could still play those as much as they like, but it might help to cut out some of the ridiculousness from the main boards and give an extra revenue stream at the same time.

Cool. I don't have supporter credits, so there's nothing to take away. Or are you suggesting that only supporters should be allowed to post...?

I love how you cut the advertising income of an already dwindling business.
Daniel Douglas
(Группа Pro - 1)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1538 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 19:52:46 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ April 22nd 2016,19:37:59 )

I'm expecting to get a load of thumbs down for this

good call

I will sum up your entire suggestion: Limiting the speech of those less fortunate.

It would also kill off the community entirely.
Stephen Bewers
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1539 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:09:19 Цитата 
Quote ( Michael Winkley @ April 22nd 2016,19:50:03 )

Cool. I don't have supporter credits, so there's nothing to take away. Or are you suggesting that only supporters should be allowed to post...?

After the first 3 posts in a day then essentially yes, you would have to have supporter credits to make any more. If you don't want to be a supporter (I wasn't myself until very recently so that's fair enough) then make those 3 posts count and don't waste them on ridiculous pointless whining (that's not directed at you personally btw, just in general).

Quote ( Michael Winkley @ April 22nd 2016,19:50:03 )

I love how you cut the advertising income of an already dwindling business.

Implying that the revenue from advertising income per person is greater than that revenue from supporter credits per person. If that's true then the business shouldn't be selling supporter credits at all and should just take the advertising revenue!

Quote ( Daniel Douglas @ April 22nd 2016,19:52:46 )

I will sum up your entire suggestion: Limiting the speech of those less fortunate.

It would also kill off the community entirely.

You could see it as that I guess. I prefer to see it as "want to spend all day whining on the forums? Fine, but you better put something positive back".

As for killing off the community - well maybe limiting the voices of those who dominate threads at the moment to 3 posts per day would encourage more newcomers or experienced non-forum users to have their voice in the forum without being drowned out by the same people. I don't think it would kill off the community, I think we'd have a more varied community with more voices. But then if your definition of community is 20 established characters dominating every conversation because they have nothing better to do than sit on the forum all day and shoot people down, then yes it would kill that.
Ivan Silva
(Группа Amateur - 85)

Страна:
Португалия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1540 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:15:03 (последняя редакция 22 Апр 2016, 21:16:15 от Ivan Silva) Цитата 
So assuming my team is recruiting and I want to bump the recruitment thread I only get to make 2 other forum posts in that day? Must choose carefully where to post

Or is it so people visit chatroom more often?
Florencia Caro
(Группа Master - 1)

Команда GPRO
  Страна:
Аргентина 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #1541 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:24:47 Цитата 
Chat room is severely bugged, but still is by far the craziest, dirtiest and friendlier place of the site as I see it :). Wish more people visited it, specially the newbies, as it helps a lot to deal with the "I feel lost" initial feeling many of us have when we arrive to a new place.
Xhulio Pema
(Группа Amateur - 57)

Страна:
Албания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1542 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:33:02 Цитата 
But the newbies love to spam saying their name 5290 times,using emoticons and saying strange things :)
Stephen Bewers
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1543 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:40:05 Цитата 
Quote ( Ivan Silva @ April 22nd 2016,21:15:03 )

So assuming my team is recruiting and I want to bump the recruitment thread I only get to make 2 other forum posts in that day? Must choose carefully where to post

Or is it so people visit chatroom more often?

Well like I said earlier about Silly Games, some boards should obviously not be included. Personally I would say Team Recruitment, Groups and all of the Other forum categories should not be included since I doubt those boards are the ones "putting newcomers off".

Also, 3 posts per day is just an example. It could be 5, 10, or whatever. My point is that there should be some sort of limit on the main forums so that more people can get their voices heard without being buried in a thread of the same people going back and forth for no real reason.
Geir Pukk
(Группа Rookie - 300)

Страна:
Эстония 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1544 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:40:52 Цитата 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 22nd 2016,21:24:47 )

Chat room is severely bugged, but still is by far the craziest, dirtiest and friendlier place of the site as I see it :). Wish more people visited it, specially the newbies, as it helps a lot to deal with the "I feel lost" initial feeling many of us have when we arrive to a new place.

I have also noticed some bugs, don't know about severely bugged though, of course I don't visit it that often anymore. But it would be good if someone took a bit of their time trying to fix it.

I remember back in the day when there was quite a few people using the chat room. Never understood why it became so unactive suddenly, it was one of the things that made me want to come back every day, it was very fun and friendly back in the day, noone was mean to anyone and you were always welcome.
So I agree that more people should visit it so it could be what it used to be.
Mike Brummert
(Группа Amateur - 111)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (4)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1545 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:41:49 Цитата 
Quote ( Florencia Caro @ April 22nd 2016,21:24:47 )

I've tried several times to make the forums dirtier. You always get mad.
Daneks Britāls
(Группа Amateur - 63)

Страна:
Латвия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (5)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1546 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:44:31 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ April 22nd 2016,21:09:19 )

After the first 3 posts in a day

You already made more than 3 posts. Bye.
Kirsty Ridley
(Группа Amateur - 103)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1547 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 21:55:15 Цитата 
Quote ( Stephen Bewers @ April 22nd 2016,21:09:19 )

As for killing off the community - well maybe limiting the voices of those who dominate threads at the moment to 3 posts per day would encourage more newcomers or experienced non-forum users to have their voice in the forum without being drowned out by the same people.

Its not that unfriendly!!! If the reg users stopped posting, it would die. As a I am probably 'the same people' I can take a week off, a month really, because the hate just goes in circles, mods, then a nation, then a group of louder ppl, then mods again. Whatever.

It's those same ppl who take on mentors regularly, who reply in the newbie thread, who then go on to PM the newbie and offer more help. Those who never post could always make a start in the newbie thread or the mentor thread, if they feel they cannot take part in the harsh world of the general forum.
Stephen Bewers
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1548 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 22:43:34 (последняя редакция 22 Апр 2016, 22:43:58 от Stephen Bewers) Цитата 
Quote ( Kirsty Ridley @ April 22nd 2016,21:55:15 )

Its not that unfriendly!!! If the reg users stopped posting, it would die. As a I am probably 'the same people' I can take a week off, a month really, because the hate just goes in circles, mods, then a nation, then a group of louder ppl, then mods again. Whatever.

It's those same ppl who take on mentors regularly, who reply in the newbie thread, who then go on to PM the newbie and offer more help. Those who never post could always make a start in the newbie thread or the mentor thread, if they feel they cannot take part in the harsh world of the general forum.

Yep, that's very true actually. Anything that takes the friendly helpful people away from the forum would be a bad move, so bad suggestion on my part.

I guess it's easy to get the impression that it is that unfriendly when you read the thread about the race delay and then come here and see everybody talking about why the community is like that. Perhaps I will visit the Newbie and Mentor forums to see the other side of things.
Peter Willmore
(Группа Pro - 23)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1549 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 23:12:24 Цитата 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ April 22nd 2016,19:33:16 )

Personally I've been put off the forums largely due to the increasingly irritating behaviour of three or four individuals, post 2013-2014

I think this is very true and it surprises me that those people are tolerated :)
Michael Winkley
(Группа Pro - 12)

Страна:
Уэльс 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1550 Размещено 22 Апр 2016, 23:14:00 (последняя редакция 22 Апр 2016, 23:14:22 от Michael Winkley) Цитата 
Quote ( Peter Willmore @ April 22nd 2016,23:12:24 )

I think this is very true and it surprises me that those people are tolerated :)

One of them was the best Mod the game has ever had, Gordzilla excepted.
Jack Wemyss
(Группа Amateur - 73)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1551 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 01:21:59 Цитата 
Bring back Nigel Davis
Adrian Summers
(Группа Amateur - 18)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1552 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 01:59:38 (последняя редакция 23 Апр 2016, 02:01:07 от Adrian Summers) Цитата 
What gets me is how some people sit in judgement of posts being petty, ridiculous pointless whining. Honestly, some of the best laughs I've had reading on here have come from off-topic and pointless posts. Also, if there were a post limit, it would have to be absolute. We can't have pay to talk, which would almost be as bad as pay to win in the game.
Michael Winkley
(Группа Pro - 12)

Страна:
Уэльс 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1553 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 08:20:00 Цитата 
It'd be worse. Paul Brosnan would come back just to flaunt his father's wealth.
Phil Maunder
(Группа Pro - 7)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1554 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 08:54:22 Цитата 
Pay to talk would make GPRO a fortune if there were more female players
Stephen Bewers
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1555 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 09:35:38 (последняя редакция 23 Апр 2016, 09:36:02 от Stephen Bewers) Цитата 
Yeah it was a pretty bad idea.

Quote ( Adrian Summers @ April 23rd 2016,01:59:38 )

What gets me is how some people sit in judgement of posts being petty, ridiculous pointless whining. Honestly, some of the best laughs I've had reading on here have come from off-topic and pointless posts. Also, if there were a post limit, it would have to be absolute. We can't have pay to talk, which would almost be as bad as pay to win in the game.

I was more talking about people being negative, sarcastic, rude or just unconstructive "this is ****" type posts than just off-topic. There's a culture of who can say the most sarcastic thing to get the most likes. But thinking about it, that happens everywhere, all over social media, not just here. And as Kirsty pointed out, my idea would also penalise the helpful and the friendly people too so it's not the right solution.
Phil Maunder
(Группа Pro - 7)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (4)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1556 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 09:38:35 Цитата 
Banning sarcastic posts would be an amazing idea
Tim Wagner
(Группа Master - 2)

Страна:
Германия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1557 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 16:22:53 Цитата 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ April 23rd 2016,09:38:35 )

Banning sarcastic posts would be an amazing idea

I am in full agreement to that. Freedom of speech is something for hippies only anyway.
David Andrewartha
(Группа Amateur - 113)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #1558 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 17:37:33 Цитата 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ April 22nd 2016,16:41:44 )

If a virus infects your computer, do you leave it there or get rid of it? What is a troll if not a virus? They ruin forums and good communities. Why would anyone just sit and let that happen to their own forum? That's bad business.

If a troll is a virus, then what is a DA, a terminal disease? IMO it's the DA's that are killing this game, only last night another well known manager (supporter too I believe) quit for just that reason, now that's definitely bad business. You can play the game and ignore the forums, you can't play and ignore the DA's.

And before anyone starts whining that I'm having a pop at Josh, I'm not. I'm just answering his post and saying how I see it.
Lee Downing
(Группа Amateur - 40)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1559 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 17:57:03 Цитата 
you will never stop the cheating ........ the only way is to make them legal, either make them pay for a 2nd account or give everyone the opportunity to have 2 accounts (da's will probably still make another account)

make it transparent make the rule transparent regarding punishment

admins dont care about da's like ebay it justs adds value to their stock, yes if one is reported they have to act on it, but a 5 race ban???? WTF

admins are to blame for this as they make it to easy to carry on once being caught

you are losing good players because of your greed and will carry on losing good players if you let this shit carry on

up the city
Michael Winkley
(Группа Pro - 12)

Страна:
Уэльс 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #1560 Размещено 23 Апр 2016, 18:05:33 Цитата 
Make them want to stop playing. As a bare minimum that means name and shame.
Страница « 1 2 3 ... 51 [5253 ... 63 64 65 » Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > General forum > Current situation and GPRO's future Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему