Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Off topic forum > Lifetime forum ban for Paul Brosnan? Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых
Страница [12 3 » Перейти на страницу:
Опрос темы форума
Should Paul Brosnan receive a lifetime forum ban?
Войдите, чтобы проголосовать или посмотреть результаты опроса
Автор Тема: Lifetime forum ban for Paul Brosnan? 61 ответов
David Andrewartha
(Группа Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (25)   Сообщение не понравилось (10)
Старое сообщение #1 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:12:02 Цитата 
Has the time come for a lifetime forum ban for Paul Brosnan?

I'll start by saying I'm a firm believer in the right of free speech on the forums, even beyond what is presently permissible. I have no problem with political content, banter, questionable humour, edgy or controversial views or bad language, and I enjoy a heated debate and don't get offended if someone feels the need to chuck an insult or two my way. I find it entertaining, it passes the time, and hey, most of us are adults here so it's fine in my book.
what I do have a problem with is Paul Brosnan. His posts are neither funny, entertaining, well reasoned or intelligent. It seems his sole aim is to insult or hurt people with his bigoted and outdated viewpoint, he has nothing more to offer the forums than being an obnoxious uncaring piece of shit and is either unbelievably stupid or just spiteful, small minded, and cruel for the sake of it.
It's my opinion that the forums would be a much better place without him and that a life ban is long overdue.
Thoughts?
Jun Ho
(Группа Amateur - 78)

Страна:
Гонконг 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (4)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #2 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:13:33 Цитата 
Unless you are being offensively harmful or racist, no lifetime bans should be issued to anybody in my opinion. If you do not agree with what they say, that is fine.

I personally have no issues with him, and a lifetime ban just seems too harsh.
Finn Shaw-McIver
(Группа Pro - 8)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (10)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #3 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:14:59 Цитата 
Whilst I agree with you, I also think he needs to be sent to a gulag to break rocks for the rest of his life.
Brad Park
(Группа Pro - 23)

Страна:
Шотландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #4 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:15:01 Цитата 
Surprised death wasn't an option as it seems you gave a huge crush or man love for the guy...
David Andrewartha
(Группа Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (3)
Старое сообщение #5 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:17:32 Цитата 
I respect your view Jun, as I said, it's just my opinion. But I recall him finding Asian children stepping on landmines incredibly funny, that's offensively harmful and racist as far as I'm concerned, and that's not mentioning the homophobic comments he's made here in the past.
David Andrewartha
(Группа Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #6 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:18:46 Цитата 
Quote ( Brad Park @ January 7th 2021,16:15:01 )

Surprised death wasn't an option as it seems you gave a huge crush or man love for the guy...

I didn't think that would be allowed.
Miel Soeterbroek
(Группа Master - 3)

Страна:
Нидерланды 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #7 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:26:56 Цитата 
https://imgflip.com/i/4sx19h
Paul Brosnan
(Группа Amateur - 53)

Страна:
Ирландия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #8 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:32:27 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 17:01:22 от Paul Brosnan) Цитата 
Jun Ho
(Группа Amateur - 78)

Страна:
Гонконг 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (5)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #9 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:35:09 Цитата 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ January 7th 2021,16:17:32 )

I respect your view Jun, as I said, it's just my opinion. But I recall him finding Asian children stepping on landmines incredibly funny, that's offensively harmful and racist as far as I'm concerned, and that's not mentioning the homophobic comments he's made here in the past.

I have never seen this, so if that is indeed what has happened, then my view could change.
David Rolleston1
(Группа Master - 1)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (7)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #10 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:45:14 Цитата 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ January 7th 2021,16:12:02 )

Thoughts?

Do what I do David. When you see a post from a regular forum whore who constantly types drivel then skip on by and don't even bother reading anything they say. Works for me.
József Ozsvár
(Группа Rookie - 56)

Страна:
Венгрия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #11 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:57:31 Цитата 
I do not know any of you yet but life time bans are unnecesarry if you have only different opinion or simply not like the other person for million reasons. Lifetime bans happens if the said person hacks the forum or the bank accounts or something similar sins. In my view try to be nice with everyone and let everyone live. The best option if you not interested in the said person or topics then stay away it is the best what you can do.
Mark Witney
(Группа Pro - 8)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (8)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #12 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 16:58:21 Цитата 
Maybe a third choice on the vote would be have an automatic "ignore" option any PB post?
David Andrewartha
(Группа Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #13 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 17:13:36 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 17:15:23 от David Andrewartha) Цитата 
Quote ( Jun Ho @ January 7th 2021,16:35:09 )

I have never seen this, so if that is indeed what has happened, then my view could change.

Sadly Jun, it did indeed happen, and I'm sure there are some others here who may remember it. If I remember correctly it was in connection with child labour and him getting a nice new pair of shoes, it was a while back so that may not be 100% correct but what he said is accurate.

Quote ( Mark Witney @ January 7th 2021,16:58:21 )

Maybe a third choice on the vote would be have an automatic "ignore" option any PB post?

That would be a good option.
Luke Frost
(Группа Amateur - 88)

Страна:
Австралия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (6)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #14 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 17:15:52 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 17:16:17 от Luke Frost) Цитата 
David, I know he's getting under your skin but please consider that is his goal: to infuriate people one at a time until each of them start swearing in anger and get a ban. For some reason that is fun for him, so the best thing to do is avoid such sociopathic behaviour and keep scrolling. Hopefully the crew will study this and deal with it.
David Andrewartha
(Группа Pro - 24)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #15 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 17:18:35 Цитата 
Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2021,17:15:52 )

David, I know he's getting under your skin but please consider that is his goal: to infuriate people one at a time until each of them get a ban. For some reason that is fun for him, so the best thing to do is avoid such sociopathic behaviour and keep scrolling. Hopefully the crew will study this and deal with it.

I totally get what you're saying Luke, I know that's how he gets his jollies mate. I just thought it was about time he was called out on it and I thought this might be a good way to bring it to light.
Diogo Abdalla
(Группа Elite)

Страна:
Бразилия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (1)   Сообщение не понравилось (3)
Старое сообщение #16 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 17:35:27 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 17:36:16 от Diogo Abdalla) Цитата 
What if we start banning people who post those "ban x" threads
Marcelo Ascencio
(Группа Amateur - 28)

Страна:
Аргентина 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #17 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 17:49:15 Цитата 
Is there any way of ignoring a person, in a way that the system don't show you his posts?
Phil Maunder
(Группа Retired)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #18 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:05:27 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 18:09:13 от Phil Maunder) Цитата 
Quote ( Marcelo Ascencio @ January 7th 2021,17:49:15 )

Is there any way of ignoring a person, in a way that the system don't show you his posts?

That suggestion has been discussed before, years ago. In fact it could have been suggested years ago because of Paul Brosnan was making posts about how unfair it was for the government to not allow his family to build an extension on top of a seal sanctuary...

Tempting idea it may be but tbh it defeats the point of a forum. Also just because you have someone 'blanked out' it doesn't mean that others do so the thread wouldn't make sense if you can't see all of the posts being made

It would be kind of funny though, like the way you see a black hole by the gravitational effect it has on the objects around it. You play a game of 'who said what' by reading the outrage posts from other people
Max Watson
(Группа Master - 3)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #19 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:17:42 Цитата 
Quote ( Phil Maunder @ January 7th 2021,18:05:27 )

a black hole

You're being commendably polite about Paul there - most people would go for a different variety of hole =]
Juan Antonio Morgado
(Группа Amateur - 9)

Страна:
Испания 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #20 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:29:43 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 18:36:49 от Juan Antonio Morgado) Цитата 
Hi.
If he actually wrote that, I think some moderator should at least give it a wake-up call.
In my opinion, if that person usually writes such comments, the smartest thing to do is not even look at their photo. Ignore him completely.

Richard Robin Paukson
(Группа Amateur - 57)

Страна:
Эстония 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #21 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:30:44 Цитата 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ January 7th 2021,16:12:02 )

Has the time come for a lifetime forum ban for Paul Brosnan?

I'll start by saying I'm a firm believer in the right of free speech on the forums, even beyond what is presently permissible. I have no problem with political content, banter, questionable humour, edgy or controversial views or bad language, and I enjoy a heated debate and don't get offended if someone feels the need to chuck an insult or two my way. I find it entertaining, it passes the time, and hey, most of us are adults here so it's fine in my book.
what I do have a problem with is Paul Brosnan. His posts are neither funny, entertaining, well reasoned or intelligent. It seems his sole aim is to insult or hurt people with his bigoted and outdated viewpoint, he has nothing more to offer the forums than being an obnoxious uncaring piece of shit and is either unbelievably stupid or just spiteful, small minded, and cruel for the sake of it.
It's my opinion that the forums would be a much better place without him and that a life ban is long overdue.
Thoughts?

I find that your overall attitude towards Paul is extremely biased (the options in the poll clearly highlight it). As much as I've seen, you've taken offense at pretty much everything he does or says even though at times the context quite clearly implied that he was not serious. I'm quite sure that a huge majority of the "edgy" or "funny" things he says don't represent his actual values and beliefs and the fact you don't find them funny or worthwhile isn't enough of a reason to ban him. Furthermore, starting a thread advocating to ban him is definitely not the way things should be handled. If you believe someone should receive a forum ban, you should contact a moderator.
Jack Wemyss
(Группа Rookie - 75)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #22 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:32:52 Цитата 
@James Keeble (R83)
MG van Rensburg
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
ЮАР 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (0)
Старое сообщение #23 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:33:04 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 18:38:28 от MG van Rensburg) Цитата 
Quote ( David Andrewartha @ January 7th 2021,17:18:35 )

Quote ( Luke Frost @ January 7th 2021,17:15:52 )

David, I know he's getting under your skin but please consider that is his goal: to infuriate people one at a time until each of them get a ban. For some reason that is fun for him, so the best thing to do is avoid such sociopathic behaviour and keep scrolling. Hopefully the crew will study this and deal with it.
I totally get what you're saying Luke, I know that's how he gets his jollies mate. I just thought it was about time he was called out on it and I thought this might be a good way to bring it to light.

If a person's entire intention of being on a platform is to make it as unpleasant for everybody as possible until they lash out, where is the logic or balue is allowing said person with said goals to ruin the platform onto the platform?

We dont do it in ordinary walk of life, why do we do it in community forums?

If such behaviour is unacceptable everywhere else, why on earth do people put up with it in forums? A community is a community. Toxic is toxic. Why when its a digital forum does behaviour not acceptable literally anywhere else get a free pass?

Not so much a thought on Paul, but this flawed logic I see so constantly displayed, this double standard in how to deal with this behaviour based on where its happening rather than on the behaviour itself regardless of the where.
James Keeble
(Группа Rookie - 83)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (0)   Сообщение не понравилось (5)
Старое сообщение #24 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:33:15 Цитата 
Listen here!

paul brosnan is nota troll he has some good views!
Erik Harken
(Группа Pro - 13)

Страна:
США 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #25 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:35:00 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 18:40:59 от Erik Harken) Цитата 
As far as I know his threads have been moved to off topic so that people can ignore list but by doing that one might miss a number of other entertaining threads. Creating a dedicated spam section and moving most or all of Preens threads (and others of the spam variety) would allow managers to ignore list if desired.

E: perhaps a strict limit on starting topics would help the problem as well
James Keeble
(Группа Rookie - 83)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (5)   Сообщение не понравилось (2)
Старое сообщение #26 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 18:35:59 Цитата 
Does Paul brosnan really ruin your lives that much?

paul brosnan IN!
Toni Kazanjyan
(Группа Pro - 3)

Страна:
Армения 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (3)   Сообщение не понравилось (2)
Старое сообщение #27 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 19:19:17 Цитата 
if you want to ban someone, just don’t make fake presentation about you support free spech and enjoy the argument.
MG van Rensburg
(Группа Pro - 2)

Страна:
ЮАР 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (9)   Сообщение не понравилось (1)
Старое сообщение #28 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 19:47:30 (последняя редакция 7 Янв 2021, 19:48:35 от MG van Rensburg) Цитата 
Quote ( Toni Kazanjyan @ January 7th 2021,19:19:17 )

if you want to ban someone, just don’t make fake presentation about you support free spech and enjoy the argument.

A ban from a forum isnt the same thing as being against free speech though. Its like saying banning a rowdy troublemaker who ruins everything for all the other patrons from your local pub is the same as being against free speech. Just cause its a digital forum, doesnt mean the same general concept of ettiquette and behaviour toward fellow patrons suddenly do not apply anymore.

A trouble maker is a trouble maker. If its behaviour you would not tolerate outside a digital forum, there is no logic whatsoever to accepting it within a digial forum. That very approach is reason why digital has become the cesspool it has. A public forum isnt your private home.

You wouldnt tell ppl at a venue irl to just ignore a person hellbent on ruining things for everybody else present. You wouldnt tell the other patrons to leave if they not happy, you'd kick the troublemaker out.

Its mindboggling how backwards digital has let itself become.
Bradley Preen
(Группа Rookie - 94)

Страна:
Англия 
Сертифицирован: 
Сообщение понравилось (2)   Сообщение не понравилось (7)
Старое сообщение #29 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 19:49:52 Цитата 
no in my opinion paul brosnan is gennuinally a nice guy
Amitesh Patnaik
(Группа Amateur - 52)

Страна:
Индия 
Сертифицирован: 
Старое сообщение #30 Размещено 7 Янв 2021, 19:58:13 Цитата 
Quote ( Bradley Preen @ January 7th 2021,19:49:52 )

no in my opinion paul brosnan is gennuinally a nice guy

I would suggest looking a bit deeper.
It's reached a point where it's no longer a joke.
Not the best person or place to show your support.
Страница [12 3 » Перейти на страницу:
Grand Prix Racing Online Форум > Off topic forum > Lifetime forum ban for Paul Brosnan? Добавить тему в список игнорируемых Добавить тему в список наблюдаемых

Ответить на тему