Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Formula One forum > should schumacher retire Ignorovať vlákno Sledovať vlákno
Strana « 1 [23 4 » Skoč na stranu č.:
Anketová otázka
should schumacher retire?
Prihlás sa aby si mohol hlasovať, alebo vidieť stav ankety
Autor Vlákno: should schumacher retire 100 odpovedí
Aki Perätalo
(Skupina Pro - 4)

Krajina:
Fínsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #31 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:14:31 (Naposledy zmenené Nov 28 2011, 14:14:50 manažérom Aki Perätalo) Citovať 
Quote ( Justinas Smyšliajevas @ November 28th 2011,14:11:29 )

And Msh probably finds this totally opposite. It is dishonor to be overtake by some 22 yo. driver etc.

I don't think he'd have come back if he thought like that. He's just enjoying himself and doing so the best way he knows, racing in F1. :)
Justinas Smyšliajevas4
(Skupina Elite)

Krajina:
Litva 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #32 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:17:10 Citovať 
Quote ( Aki Perätalo @ November 28th 2011,14:14:31 )

I don't think he'd have come back if he thought like that. He's just enjoying himself and doing so the best way he knows, racing in F1. :)

Maybe you are right but for me it is a pain to see my favourite racer ever (and even now) to have race accidents so often.

So do you think it is based only on concentration issues? I think those 7 titles have much to do with that.
Jon Day
(Skupina Rookie - 256)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #33 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:18:14 (Naposledy zmenené Nov 28 2011, 14:30:11 manažérom Jon Day) Citovať 
Quote ( Justinas Smyšliajevas @ November 28th 2011,14:11:29 )

partly yes but I think his accidents are more connected to the fact that he is 7 times F1 champion and almost everybody on the track finds extra motivation to overtake or block Schumacher.
Agreed, but i was talking about when he is sat in the car waiting to go out and the camera turns to him, he now gives a little wave or wink etc to the camera man, something you would have never seen him do a few years ago, this would suggest to me he is not as focused as he once was....thats only my opinion.
Aki Perätalo
(Skupina Pro - 4)

Krajina:
Fínsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #34 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:20:57 Citovať 
Quote ( Justinas Smyšliajevas @ November 28th 2011,14:17:10 )

So do you think it is based only on concentration issues? I think those 7 titles have much to do with that.

Yeah, it probably is concentration issue, but mostly because the cars Mercedes has given him have been utterly slow and not able to be a podium finisher in any occasions.
Dylan Edwards
(Skupina Amateur - 53)

Krajina:
Wales 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #35 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:27:47 Citovať 
He is a joy to watch, and aggressive drivers make for exciting races. People would complaing if everyone was defensive and nobody went for overtakes. Sure, Hamilton is aggressive and it's not paid off this season, but it's his drive to succeed that makes him who he is, same for Schumi!

I say bring back Montoya to battle Schumi and Hamilton. Aggressive central then!
Steven Tindle
(Skupina Amateur - 17)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #36 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:32:31 Citovať 
He is getting back to his best with a car that is honestly terrible for the standard Mercedes expect to generate. Why retire now?
Freddie Higgs
(Skupina Rookie - 207)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #37 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:36:28 Citovať 
MSC Should retire, he is by no means anywhere near as good as he was, he's never gonna go back to that why would he ruin his image by keep coming mid table....
Tim Reeve
(Skupina Rookie - 12)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #38 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:40:43 Citovať 
Who are we to judge?

He's being paid millions. He should carry on as long as he feels he can.

Nobody in this forum would retire when you have his job. Think about it realistically.
Marius Bernhold
(Skupina Rookie - 44)

Krajina:
Holandsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #39 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:43:37 Citovať 
Quote ( Freddie Higgs @ November 28th 2011,14:36:28 )

MSC Should retire, he is by no means anywhere near as good as he was

I am not sure of him being as good as he ever was, but still i think he should stay in F1 for nxt year and perhaps the 1 after as well.
Mercedes is getting better and would have needed at least 3 seasons to develop the car to be compatible against the top 3 teams. MSC still has the concentration, but doesn't need to use it due to the fact that this car cannot compete with those anyway. Now he's just playing and when the car comes into a position to compete, he will prove that he has still got it. If he hasn't been able to get any podiums within the 2 coming seasons, he'll end up at the factory as and advisor of somekind or a mental coach to vettel.
Dylan Edwards
(Skupina Amateur - 53)

Krajina:
Wales 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #40 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 14:46:21 Citovať 
I think it boils down to these points

- If he still enjoys racing, then he should carry on

- He will ALWAYS be a legend, no matter what the following years do for him

- He is still getting points in F1 at the age of 42, and people say this ruins his image? If anything, this is more evidence that the man is a genius!

For me, he is still the Valentino Rossi of F1.
József Mezei
(Skupina Rookie - 118)

Krajina:
Maďarsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (2)
Starý príspevok #41 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:00:55 Citovať 
AYRTON SENNA KING ENYI
Mark Wright
(Skupina Amateur - 52)

Krajina:
Škótsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #42 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:19:25 Citovať 
MSC doesn't have to prove himself to anyone and should continue to drive if he wants to.

As others have said I would love to see him in a potentially race winning car to see if the spark is still there and I for one believe it is.
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Skupina Amateur - 11)

Krajina:
Južná Afrika 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (7)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #43 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:24:13 Citovať 
1- MSC will be 43 years old in January, had a 3 year break and finished only 13 points behind Rosberg who is in his prime now.

3- He pioneered the strict physical training regime all of the drivers now adopt as standard.

4- He pioneered the driver adjustments in the car before every corner. Again, everyone else does that now as normal.

5- He always had more to lose by coming back to F1 than to gain, but put it all on the line anyway.

6- He is the mentor of the current double champion and had major input into his early development.

7- In his first career - many would say that he was Formula 1

Do any of us really have the right now to say he must go?
Jack Wemyss
(Skupina Retired)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (4)
Starý príspevok #44 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:43:11 Citovať 
Quote ( Cliff Rajgopaul @ November 28th 2011,15:24:13 )

7- In his first career - many would say that he was Formula 1

Wrongly.
Tom Bending
(Skupina Pro - 11)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #45 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:45:59 Citovať 
Quote ( Jack Wemyss @ November 28th 2011,15:43:11 )

Wrongly.

I feel you miss the point. This is a matter of opinion as Cliff made very clear. His statement remains completely true even if your own opinion is different.
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Amateur - 50)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #46 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:52:03 (Naposledy zmenené Nov 28 2011, 15:52:45 manažérom Stuart Foster) Citovať 
schuey is a legend and should carry on as long as he feels he can bring something to the track. that he most certainly can in my opinion, so i see no reason why he shouldn't continue for atleast another however many seasons as long as he is competitive. and in my mind there is no doubting that at the moment. i'm sure he'll remain in F1 even when he stops driving. his dedication and hunger for the sport is immense and everyone should appreciate and respect that - even those who still have a grudge after he took Damo off the track in '94 - the guy is a ledge.
Rohan Kanitkar
(Skupina Pro - 7)

Krajina:
India 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #47 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:52:23 (Naposledy zmenené Nov 28 2011, 15:52:45 manažérom Rohan Kanitkar) Citovať 
i think he is past his best but still doing great than most of the other drivers(this does not include Rosberg). but at the end of 2012 season, i think he should make way for younger drivers..
Stuart Foster
(Skupina Amateur - 50)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #48 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:53:23 Citovať 
even if he's still quicker? i still say if you're old enough you're good enough as long as you're competitive.
Rohan Kanitkar
(Skupina Pro - 7)

Krajina:
India 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #49 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:57:02 Citovať 
Quote ( Stuart Foster @ November 28th 2011,15:53:23 )

even if he's still quicker? i still say if you're old enough you're good enough as long as you're competitive.

i think the best way to see if he is still as competitive as before is to compare him with his team. and then it tells us a different story. he has still got the pace to get points.. for sure but he isnt that fast to beat his team mate. may be a younger driver can challenge Rosberg and get more points for team
Kiran Patel
(Skupina Pro - 4)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (2)
Starý príspevok #50 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 15:59:27 Citovať 
Quote ( Cliff Rajgopaul @ November 28th 2011,15:24:13 )

Do any of us really have the right now to say he must go?

No we have no right, but we have a right to an opinion.

I feel he should go. There are quite a number of younger drivers waiting for a chance in F1, who are missing out in the primes of their career's as the likes of Michael & Reubens (although it now appears that he is retiring) are clogging up the grid.
Jonathan MacLean
(Skupina Amateur - 43)

Krajina:
Škótsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #51 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 16:02:39 Citovať 
I think Lewis Hamilton is past his peak. I think he should retire.

{Note Sarcasm}

But seriously. Just because you're off your best form. It's hardly a reason to suggest they retire. I know that my example is poor and Lewis no doubt will get back to being that nippy whiney twat we all love to hate and hate to love {chose which applies} - And no doubt that Schumi's career has passed it's peak, but he's still competitive on track and as it's been said above me. To be within 15 points of some 26 year old who ought to be reaching the peak of his career only proves further how good MSC really is.
Konrad Świderski
(Skupina Rookie - 101)

Krajina:
Poľsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #52 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 16:26:29 Citovať 
IMO he should retire the same as Barichello. They are or was fantastic drivers, but their time has gone. If MSC would go retired, Paul diResta could take his place in Mercedes, and Nico Hulkenberg could get place of Scotish driver. There are also young fast drivers in GP2, or like Bottas in GP3. They are waiting on their 5 minutes in F1. The elderly drivers should give them a chance. Maybe that we could see another Mansell, Prost, or Hakkinen.
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Skupina Amateur - 11)

Krajina:
Južná Afrika 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #53 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 20:20:03 Citovať 
Quote ( Kiran Patel @ November 28th 2011,15:59:27 )

I feel he should go. There are quite a number of younger drivers waiting for a chance in F1, who are missing out in the primes of their career's as the likes of Michael & Reubens (although it now appears that he is retiring) are clogging up the grid.

If it's the clogging up of the grid that concerns you then a good place to start is with the "pay drivers" that are in f1 because of their sponsors, instead of the ones that have invested decades to the sport and helped develop it to where it is now.

I don't feel sorry for a young hot shot with sponsors coming out of his ears and who has been in the Mclaren simulator since 10 years old. If he is a potential champion I guarantee he would have a seat in F1. We should feel sorry for the guy whose father worked a second job fixing the other driver's karts and whose mother worked in the track's canteen serving the parents of son's competitor's - to help get him to where he is now - yet have people today saying he does not deserve to be in F1 anymore.
Kevin Lam
(Skupina Rookie - 217)

Krajina:
Austrália 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #54 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 20:45:39 Citovať 
all he needs is a competitive car for 2012.
Sam Richards
(Skupina Rookie - 75)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #55 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:01:37 Citovať 
yes hes past it now its alll about the youngsters
hes a good driver but needs to find a different thing to do
David Jundt
(Skupina Pro - 7)

Krajina:
Švajčiarsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #56 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:08:22 Citovať 
Quote ( Sam Richards @ November 28th 2011,21:01:37 )

He tried bikes already, and fell... :P

Truck Racing! Hell yes!
Andrew Lawrence
(Skupina Rookie - 114)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (4)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #57 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:14:41 (Naposledy zmenené Nov 28 2011, 21:15:26 manažérom Andrew Lawrence) Citovať 
Quote ( Sam Richards @ November 28th 2011,21:01:37 )

IndyCar?

Anyway, he shouldn't have to retire just because he's old. If he's still got the ability to be competitive at 50, then there's no reason for him to retire.
Aliana Svolas
(Skupina Amateur - 11)

Krajina:
Kanada 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #58 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:38:33 Citovať 
Quote ( Rob Wigley @ November 28th 2011,08:47:19 )

his deliberate takeouts of Hill, Villeneuve

both Hill and Villeneuve admit they made poor moves in these two instances. Schumacher did too, of course, but he's not solely to blame
Marcin Rzezniczak
(Skupina Amateur - 51)

Krajina:
Poľsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (9)
Starý príspevok #59 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:39:31 Citovať 
Looser !!!
Should retire couple seasons ago when he was on top.
Could be a legend and now we will remember him as a looser.
Schumey go home and never come back
Michael Winkley
(Skupina Pro - 15)

Krajina:
Wales 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (6)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #60 Odoslané Nov 28 2011, 21:46:52 Citovať 
I remember Napoleon having many great victories and some infamous defeats...doesn't diminish his achievements in any way.
Schumi is a legend of this sport...what he has achieved has been phenomenal. He is still better than most of the drivers on the grid, if not all. So he gets beaten often nowadays, and gets into a few scrapes, but his ability speaks for itself. Give him a good car and he will win again...it is in his nature to win.
I still vividly remember him overtaking HHF at Spa in the rain despite being over 100m behind the guy approaching the braking zone. None of today's drivers would have even contemplated such a move. Phenomenal talent.
Strana « 1 [23 4 » Skoč na stranu č.:
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Formula One forum > should schumacher retire Ignorovať vlákno Sledovať vlákno

Napísať príspevok