Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Suggestions forum > Driver Motivation alternative Ignorovať vlákno Sledovať vlákno
Strana [1
Anketová otázka
Good idea?
Prihlás sa aby si mohol hlasovať, alebo vidieť stav ankety
Autor Vlákno: Driver Motivation alternative 15 odpovedí
Freddie Higgs
(Skupina Rookie - 207)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (7)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #1 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:27:32 Citovať 
As I notice How to affect Drivers motivation is quite a big topic of discussion on how to improve it or reduce it, so it got me thinking about how me and my friends got motivated by our bosses, and so I thought would it be possible to be able to send 1 message a season (at any point) to your driver that could affect his motivation and possibly other training skills.

So for example (these are only joke suggestions but you will get the Idea and no we never actually got these messages from our actual bosses)

Manager Messages to Driver options:

- I've been told by your Partener that if you do well this season 'BJ and Steak day' will occur more than once a year (Motivation gains massivly)

- Your partner has left you (Motivation drops massivly)

- You call that being aggressive my pet Snail is more aggressive than you ( Motivation increases slightly, Training for aggression improves greatly)

-Your partner keeps complaining about your Thrust and bust attitude (Motivation decreases, Training for Stamina increases greatly)

Those are just a few suggestions I dunno if you guys agree, but work got slow and I had some spare time on my hands and thats what came up in my head
Luke Frost
(Skupina Rookie - 246)

Krajina:
Austrália 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #2 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:29:30 Citovať 
Quote ( Freddie Higgs @ May 9th 2012,13:27:32 )

- I've been told by your Partener that if you do well this season 'BJ and Steak day' will occur more than once a year (Motivation gains massivly)

With many a data from this type of thing, the driver will gain quite a lot of weight as well... :P

You have put forward some great ideas and possibilities. I like it :)
Jonathan MacLean
(Skupina Amateur - 37)

Krajina:
Škótsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (0)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #3 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:31:33 Citovať 
To be fair. You tell your driver he's "a fat b*tard and he needs to get fit" - and then replace the word "Fitness class" with the aforementioned letter and you have your suggestion already there.
Michael Keeney
(Skupina Master - 2)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #4 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:32:47 Citovať 
This is crass.
Daryl Gee
(Skupina Amateur - 29)

Krajina:
Južná Afrika 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (1)
Starý príspevok #5 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:38:24 Citovať 
This suggestion has demotivated me.
You can, and should, plan and control your motivation if you're OA constrained, and there are, and should be, consequences if you don't.
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Skupina Master - 4)

Krajina:
Rakúsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #6 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 13:56:41 Citovať 
Quote ( Daryl Gee @ May 9th 2012,13:38:24 )

You can, and should, plan and control your motivation if you're OA constrained, and there are, and should be, consequences if you don't.

Agree with this and voted no. And as pointed out by Jon, there are different trainings available to increase/decrease driver stats.
Diogo Oliveira
(Skupina Rookie - 62)

Krajina:
Brazília 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (3)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #7 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 14:06:24 Citovať 
Tell your driver a good and a bad news:

Your wife told me your **** is bigger than mine.

:D
Ivan Muza
(Skupina Rookie - 26)

Krajina:
Chorvátsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #8 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 14:12:48 Citovať 
Quote ( Freddie Higgs @ May 9th 2012,13:27:32 )

'BJ and Steak

blowjob and steak?
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Rookie - 217)

Zamestnanec
  Krajina:
Škótsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (2)
Starý príspevok #9 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 14:15:35 Citovať 
Awful idea, IMO.

Building a driver well is a challenge and I don't see any need to make any change to the current system. There are ways to achieve everything that you have suggested already, there is no need to offer an easy "get out clause" for those not managing their driver well.
Sion Francis
(Skupina Amateur - 22)

Krajina:
Wales 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #10 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 14:19:24 Citovať 
Yeah I think this suggestion essentially amounts to "make driver management in the game a bit easier". As such I'm inclined to vote no; the game needs to be challenging to get right.
Serge Girard
(Skupina Amateur - 22)

Krajina:
Kanada 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #11 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 17:27:19 (Naposledy zmenené Máj 9 2012, 17:28:29 manažérom Serge Girard) Citovať 
This is your typical GPRO manager reaction to new ideas...

The way I look at it, this idea would incorporate a little role playing dimension to a strategy/management game. Not a bad idea and one that proved itself a winning formula in many a game.

I hope GPRO admins will at least give it some thought.
Christoph Seifriedsberger
(Skupina Master - 4)

Krajina:
Rakúsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (2)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #12 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 18:48:17 (Naposledy zmenené Máj 9 2012, 18:48:45 manažérom Christoph Seifriedsberger) Citovať 
Quote ( Serge Girard @ May 9th 2012,17:27:19 )

I just find it harsh and stupid that almost 1/3 of the people voted for "This is why only experienced managers should make suggestions!"
Everyone should make suggestions and newer players look often differently at things which can be a good thing. Of course there are a lot "stupid" suggestions out there, but it doesn't harm anyone and won't get implemented anyway.

The way I look at it, this idea would incorporate a little role playing dimension to a strategy/management game. Not a bad idea and one that proved itself a winning formula in many a game.

To be fair, he is suggesting something which can be achieved with training already. He might be aiming for bigger increases/decreases with the suggested messages. But I think it would make OBP even easier if you could increase your drivers motivation a lot with the message for example.

I'd rather be up for Krasimir's "suggestion" in the other motivation thread that motivation doesn't has an impact on OA, although I'd need to think more about it first.
Kevin Parkinson
(Skupina Rookie - 217)

Zamestnanec
  Krajina:
Škótsko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #13 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 18:55:45 Citovať 

Wrong. I can point you to several ideas that have received different reactions. Can managers not disagree with a suggestion (and giving reasons why not, which you haven't addressed) without such a sweeping generalisation of a statement?

I can only speak for myself, but I assume it is the same for most, but I give an opinion on each suggestion based only on that suggestion. Implementing something that makes the game simpler (which this would) without a good positive, is not the kind of idea I would like to see implemented. That is my opinion and you, and everyone else, are free to disagree, but to generalise in such a way is borderline offensive to the intelligence of managers putting there point across for or against.

Serge, would you care to actually say why you think it would be an improvement. You mention it would add a "role playing dimension" but no reason as to why that is good or preferable. You mention it's not a bad idea and proved itself a winning formula in many a game, but not given any examples of such for anyone to consider. And you haven't addressed what I see as the major drawback of simplifying the game.

---

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ May 9th 2012,18:48:17 )

I just find it harsh and stupid that almost 1/3 of the people voted for "This is why only experienced managers should make suggestions!"
Everyone should make suggestions and newer players look often differently at things which can be a good thing. Of course there are a lot "stupid" suggestions out there, but it doesn't harm anyone and won't get implemented anyway.

Totally agree with this.
Fernando Fernandes
(Skupina Rookie - 232)

Krajina:
Portugalsko 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #14 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 18:59:22 Citovať 
Despite being a nice idea, but not for GPRO, there are two things that people will continue to argue, complain, whatever: Rain and Motivation because of their unpredictability. But they are some of the things that keep this game unique unlike many others within this genre. One season or two and you can make it to the top (on most of them). Not here.

Quote ( Christoph Seifriedsberger @ May 9th 2012,18:48:17 )

Everyone should make suggestions and newer players look often differently at things which can be a good thing.

100% agree.
Matthew Brinson
(Skupina Rookie - 59)

Krajina:
Spoj. Štáty Americké 
Certifikát: 
Toto sa mi páči (1)   Toto sa mi nepáči (0)
Starý príspevok #15 Odoslané Máj 9 2012, 19:02:37 Citovať 
Great idea, haha. I had a good laugh out of that but personally, I too believe that it would take a bit of the challenge out of driver management. It's rather simple to manage motivation and OA right now if you know what to do and I'm fine with the way things stand right now. I may not agree with it but that's not to say that it's rather novel.
Freddie Higgs
(Skupina Rookie - 207)

Krajina:
Anglicko 
Certifikát: 
Starý príspevok #16 Odoslané Máj 10 2012, 14:52:54 Citovať 
To be honest This is probably the 2nd best reaction I could of expected. (The first obviously being "Freddie you are a Suggestion God" :P )

But yeah I understand where everyone is coming from, I mean I'm not gonna throw the Wheel out the car because not everyone agreed with me. I mean I am glad that it wasn't completely ripped apart, and some people did enjoy it, but I can also understand the whole idea of people loving he extra Driver management.

Like I said It was just a suggestion, and as you can see I have been able to keep my driver well within the 110 limit so I can have a run with him in the Ams for a few races and see how my Driver copes before making a decision on if I should keep him or not. I just asked this as I had just been reading through multiple active threads about Motivation, so I thought this would be a good thing to use, it Had the similar affects to training just more amplified (probably should of mentioned the idea of having to pay a little extra as well) and I just used those example to make it a bit of a laugh....

So yeah either way works for me =D

And Glad it made you laugh Matthew haha , My colleagues have asked me to put a similar example suggestion into our next staff Management meeting at work... (think I will get the same sort of response there)
Strana [1
Grand Prix Racing Online Fórum > Suggestions forum > Driver Motivation alternative Ignorovať vlákno Sledovať vlákno

Napísať príspevok