Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Becoming so frustrating... Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle
Sayfa [12 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Yazar Konu: Becoming so frustrating... 51 Cevaplar
Steve White
(Grup Rookie - 101)

Gönderiler: 4
  Ülke:
Hırvatistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #1 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:18:10 Alıntı 
After a horrible last season where i thought it will get better, but everything went wrong for me, i started to keep track of my stats...

First, very high fuel consumption makes me load a lot of fuel, i end up using something around 70% of it...
Next race medium, i load a lot less fuel, still use only 50% of it (wtf)
Then comes another medium race, so i thought im going to nail it right... race comes, and i used 50% more fuel than very high race, 100% more fuel than medium race before...

I keep getting pit stops during last 10 laps because fuel consumption is all over the place: low gets 50% more than one medium, but 33% less than another medium, while very high is 10% lower than low, but 25% more than 1 medium but 50% less than another medium consumption race. Driving me nuts already

Then there are qualifications and race. If i get 1:29 on qualification 1, and 1:31 on qualification 2(i qual as top 3 or so)... i drive 1:28-1:30 in race... but guys who drove 2-3s slower than me in every qualification, suddenly drive 1:25-1:27 in race, going 2-3s faster than me every lap. How is that possible? How can someone be 2-5s behind me @ starting grid, but drive 2-3s faster from the lap 1? Why am i the only one who actually drives the same times as in Qualifications(some of those even go for less pit stops, and are still faster 5-6s than their qualification times, even 3-4s than their qual 1 times... how can you be 3-4s faster with 1 pit stop than your empty car time in qual 1???)?

This is my 3rd season and its still making me go "wtf" all the time, even after i started keeping track of everything...

Its driving me mad... any suggestions?
Lori Lygkaki
(Grup Amateur - 50)

Gönderiler: 41
  Ülke:
Yunanistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #2 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:23:39 (son değiştirilme 19 Kas 2011, 16:23:57 kim tarafından: Lori Lygkaki) Alıntı 
Im suggesting you find a good team which can help you a lot with everything you mentioned. If you become a supporter it will help you a lot too (my opinion)
Michael Winkley
(Grup Pro - 15)

Gönderiler: 33335
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #3 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:24:54 Alıntı 
Are you sure that it is your fuel that is going wrong and not your use of yout tyres?
As for qualifying versus race pace...RISKS. ;)
Shoaib Mohamed
(Grup Pro - 13)

Gönderiler: 9817
  Ülke:
Hindistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #4 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:29:39 Alıntı 
Something tells me your driver isnt exactly the quickest. You could try one with more of the primary speed related stat ;)
Alexandru Cristescu
(Grup Pro - 13)

Gönderiler: 1506
  Ülke:
Romanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (9)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #5 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:29:46 (son değiştirilme 19 Kas 2011, 16:30:49 kim tarafından: Alexandru Cristescu) Alıntı 
Quote ( Steve White @ November 19th 2011,16:18:10 )

First, very high fuel consumption makes me load a lot of fuel, i end up using something around 70% of it...
Next race medium, i load a lot less fuel, still use only 50% of it (wtf)
Then comes another medium race, so i thought im going to nail it right... race comes, and i used 50% more fuel than very high race, 100% more fuel than medium race before...

Don't compare dry and wet races when it comes to consumption...

I keep getting pit stops during last 10 laps because fuel consumption is all over the place: low gets 50% more than one medium, but 33% less than another medium, while very high is 10% lower than low, but 25% more than 1 medium but 50% less than another medium consumption race. Driving me nuts already

Did you take the track length into account?

Then there are qualifications and race. If i get 1:29 on qualification 1, and 1:31 on qualification 2(i qual as top 3 or so)... i drive 1:28-1:30 in race... but guys who drove 2-3s slower than me in every qualification, suddenly drive 1:25-1:27 in race, going 2-3s faster than me every lap. How is that possible? How can someone be 2-5s behind me @ starting grid, but drive 2-3s faster from the lap 1? Why am i the only one who actually drives the same times as in Qualifications(some of those even go for less pit stops, and are still faster 5-6s than their qualification times, even 3-4s than their qual 1 times... how can you be 3-4s faster with 1 pit stop than your empty car time in qual 1???)?

Most likely cause is risks... other people are using them, you are not. Most of those that are using risks will probably go bankrupt in the long run though... It might also be that you have stumbled upon a decent qualify driver...

This is my 3rd season and its still making me go "wtf" all the time, even after i started keeping track of everything...

Focus on nailing the fuel consumption and tire lifespan (by weather, by kilometer for each track) and try to anticipate the car usage so you don't smoke. Then focus on getting a good setup. Lastly, try to optimize cashflow so that you are spending the minimum necessary to be competitive. Do that and you will win rookie without issues.
Steve White
(Grup Rookie - 101)

Gönderiler: 4
  Ülke:
Hırvatistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #6 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:42:02 (son değiştirilme 19 Kas 2011, 16:46:47 kim tarafından: Steve White) Alıntı 
Im not sure about anything at this point... Ive tried using common sense and stat tracking and all that (dont really like getting a team and getting "carried" into success), and ive gone wrong every single time... One race i use 100L less fuel than i anticipated, then next one i use 100L more (for real), while on one race same tires hold 60-70% of race, next one (same or less tire wear race) they hold for 45% making me go to pit at 90%.

Dont know if i should post stats or stuff, but ill use imaginary numbers with same ratio between them as the real ones... Rain race, very high fuel consumption, rain tires, lets use 1.3L per km (obviously false), then dry race, medium consumption, medium tires, 2.3L per km (for real it was like 80% more than very high on rain).

And can risks really amount for that much? I mean, guy goes for 1 pit stop, i go for 2, he drives 1:32 qual 1, first lap he goes 1:28... I was thinking its a lot less, since i used risks a bit and didnt went that much faster haha

Im at the point of abandoning all common sense and just roll my face on keyboard for better results :)

Edit: yes, im using fuel per km stat, not per lap or race... and my driver has high to very high... certain 2 most important stats, and ive trained him more in that direction :)

Thanks for advice, will try some of that stuff... its just that i was a bit going crazy with the fact that the more i try and more experienced i get, results become worse and my predictions increasingly wrong :))))
António Rebelo
(Grup Rookie - 195)

Gönderiler: 4233
  Ülke:
Portekiz 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (14)
Eski Mesaj #7 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 16:44:03 Alıntı 
Try asking to have your flag changed, maybe that helps... :)
Pablo Pián
(Grup Rookie - 123)

Gönderiler: 135
  Ülke:
Arjantin 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #8 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 17:09:33 Alıntı 
Quote ( Lori Lygkaki @ November 19th 2011,16:23:39 )

Im suggesting you find a good team which can help you a lot with everything you mentioned. If you become a supporter it will help you a lot too (my opinion)

to me it's the same ...
In my fourth season, is little better when I come well
and not in the forum, or guides, I find the answer you seek

Good teams do not accept rookies! I've tried, so we tried to create a team with friends and learn together.
David Maher
(Grup Pro - 8)

Gönderiler: 485
  Ülke:
Avustralya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #9 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 17:17:58 (son değiştirilme 19 Kas 2011, 17:19:57 kim tarafından: Dave Maher) Alıntı 
Steve, there are very many factors that effect your race pace and all take time to get to the bottom of. Not least are as previously mentioned the drivers stats, and risks but also consider how the amount of fuel you have on board effects your speed, and the car settings for different temps/conditions are all factors that your opponents may have a slightly better handle on atm then you. Keep accumulating your data and you will see patterns emerging.

Shoaib Mohamed
(Grup Pro - 13)

Gönderiler: 9817
  Ülke:
Hindistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #10 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 17:38:55 Alıntı 
Quote ( Pablo Pián @ November 19th 2011,17:09:33 )

Good teams do not accept rookies!
Wrong! Depends on what the team is after really. Instant success or train-a-noob :)
Kevin Mcferrin
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 1792
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #11 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 17:52:26 Alıntı 
It sounds like you are so slow because you are carrying so much fuel! Or at least that is one of the reasons.

Are you using GO to track your data? If so, you can look at historical fuel consumption and get a very accurate idea of what your fuel consumption should be on tracks with similar characteristics. There are certain factors that will influence consumption, but if you pull the data up in GO and sort it the differentiating factors are fairly obvious (and easy to guess without looking at the data, to be honest).

Also, be careful who you compare yourself to in your Rookie group. There are some things that you can do that will make you very fast early in the season, but that will kill any long-term plans. Many Rookies latch on to only one or two things that can improve performance and focus on that to the exclusion of everything else and their detriment. Likewise, you occasionally get people who have promoted up and then come back down and know exactly how to maximize performance. They're not going to be a good comparison either.

Comparing yourself to your competition before you understand what their goals are, where they are in their careers, etc can be very misleading. The best metric for success in this game is whether or not you are improving season over season.
Andi Mankolli
(Grup Rookie - 281)

Gönderiler: 1357
  Ülke:
Arnavutluk 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #12 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 18:57:27 Alıntı 
Quote ( Pablo Pián @ November 19th 2011,17:09:33 )

Good teams do not accept rookies!

V and "ten others" 8-)
Chris Williams
(Grup Rookie - 35)

GPRO Ekibi
Gönderiler: 8555
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #13 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 19:10:00 (son değiştirilme 19 Kas 2011, 19:11:42 kim tarafından: Chris Williams) Alıntı 
Try collecting your stats as advised on the following page. Once you have collected a handful of race data in this way then you should see pattern emerge...

http://wiki.gpro.net/index.php/Race_Analysis
Sion Francis
(Grup Amateur - 22)

Gönderiler: 6613
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #14 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 19:13:36 Alıntı 
Quote ( Steve White @ November 19th 2011,16:42:02 )

and my driver has high to very high... certain 2 most important stats, and ive trained him more in that direction :)

If your driver has high to very high attributes in the 2 "most important stats" but you still haven't gotten any points with him, i'd suggest your definition of the two most important stats needs some revision.

Not that there are two stats more important than the others (well, ok, there is 1 that is completely insignificant in rookie, but you get the jist :) )
Keri Lovell
(Grup Master - 1)

Gönderiler: 10072
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #15 Yayınlanma zamanı: 19 Kas 2011, 19:26:02 Alıntı 
Taking a (very brief) look at your driver Steve, he seems to be very high in something that wont effect speed and not very high at all in the some of the things that will.

Time for a re-think :-)
Cliff Rajgopaul
(Grup Amateur - 11)

Gönderiler: 618
  Ülke:
Güney Afrika 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #16 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 10:28:38 Alıntı 
Steve, I was also totally lost in the begining. It helped alot to read the game rules, Gpro wiki and search the forums as much as possible. You will be surprised at what you can pick up. In fact you learn more by researching these areas instead of asking questions directly as you find 10 valuble things while searching for 1!

Hang in there - it is frustrating now but if you put in the time you will gain an advantage over those that don't. If everything was easy to find then everyone would be quick and there would be no point.
Helder Fernandes
(Grup Rookie - 239)

Gönderiler: 1
  Ülke:
Portekiz 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #17 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 11:13:04 (son değiştirilme 20 Kas 2011, 11:15:47 kim tarafından: Helder Fernandes) Alıntı 
No pain, no gain.... Risk! Drive light, drive fast...
Koen De Heldt
(Grup Master - 1)

Gönderiler: 2851
  Ülke:
Belçika 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #18 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 11:16:36 Alıntı 
the best way if you don't want to join a team
is ask polite around in a pm
no one will tell you the formula's, but they can set you in the right direction where to think about. Off course be sure to ask it to people that at least proved something :D
I know some people will surely want to help you, without giving exact values away.
Makis Katsoulas
(Grup Amateur - 12)

Gönderiler: 1387
  Ülke:
Yunanistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #19 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 11:59:55 Alıntı 
I believe after this race you will get many answers... since the previous and this one will help you to see some things more clearly. use GO as an easy system to collect your data
You will see the mistake you do very soon ....
Robertas Aluzas
(Grup Rookie - 247)

Gönderiler: 45
  Ülke:
Litvanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #20 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 12:24:21 Alıntı 
I know the feeling about qualificationpace vs. race pace, everyone who are 2secs slower than me in quali, suddenly gain ~4s in lap 2, I know they are using risks, and I know that my driver is not as well.suited for rave pace, but 4s s too much, and I find it hard to beliebelieve that everyone else has a driver better suited for race, given that drivers from market usually have 0 in ome of race skills.
Roy Go
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 925
  Ülke:
Filipinler 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #21 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 12:51:05 Alıntı 
i wouldnt worry bout those managers
they would most prolly be struggling mid-season and smoking a lot
Christopher Oldham
(Grup Rookie - 71)

Gönderiler: 1922
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #22 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:12:15 Alıntı 
Quote ( Lori Lygkaki @ November 19th 2011,16:23:39 )

I have been here a while, I think, and I am still not going well. Top 3-5 in Quali and in the race...20th! WTH!!!
I was in CrashTeamRacing and when I got their help, I was worse.
Janne Väänänen
(Grup Pro - 16)

Gönderiler: 4888
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #23 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:43:37 Alıntı 
Quote ( Christopher Oldham @ November 20th 2011,13:12:15 )

I have been here a while, I think, and I am still not going well. Top 3-5 in Quali and in the race...20th! WTH!!!
I was in CrashTeamRacing and when I got their help, I was worse.

hmm...

After your ''break'' from gpro, you have finished 2 races out of 9 - in the first you made 9 pitstops, in the second you made six. And that is WAY too much.

You really should come up with solutions for those problems with a VERY simple search in Newbie Guide, Wiki, etc. etc. Try for example passing the certification test, you would surely learn a lot in the process of looking for its answers.

Odds are that didn't listen to your team's advice... and even in the unlikely case, if that is what they suggested you to do, then do not generalize, like team = bad... then you just did not pick a good team.

---

To Steve, my advice is to listen to Cliff. Good luck.
Christopher Oldham
(Grup Rookie - 71)

Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #24 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:47:28 Alıntı 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ November 20th 2011,13:43:37 )

search in Newbie Guide, Wiki
Well, to start I looked at them and they give no answers to meh questions.
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ November 20th 2011,13:43:37 )

Try for example passing the certification test
Secondly, If I want to do my test now, it will be 9,000,000 to do. I tried and tried and I still can't get it. Don't tell me what to do. Why don't you do your test?
Janne Väänänen
(Grup Pro - 16)

Gönderiler: 4888
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #25 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:50:17 Alıntı 
Quote ( Christopher Oldham @ November 20th 2011,13:47:28 )

Don't tell me what to do.

OK, good luck with the game... =)
Christopher Oldham
(Grup Rookie - 71)

Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #26 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:55:11 Alıntı 
Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ November 20th 2011,13:50:17 )

OK, good luck with the game... =)

Don't be sarcastic
Aki Perätalo
(Grup Pro - 4)

Gönderiler: 3028
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #27 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:56:29 (son değiştirilme 20 Kas 2011, 13:56:53 kim tarafından: Aki Perätalo) Alıntı 
Quote ( Christopher Oldham @ November 20th 2011,13:47:28 )

Don't tell me what to do.

Sums up why you're not doing well.

Quote ( Janne Väänänen @ November 20th 2011,13:50:17 )

good luck with the game
Christopher Oldham
(Grup Rookie - 71)

Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #28 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 13:58:25 Alıntı 
Quote ( Aki Perätalo @ November 20th 2011,13:56:29 )

Sums up why you're not doing well.

Why are you being mean? It wasn't even your conversation in the first place!!!!
Christopher Oldham
(Grup Rookie - 71)

Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #29 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 14:03:57 (son değiştirilme 20 Kas 2011, 14:04:55 kim tarafından: Chris Oldham) Alıntı 

Do I really need to take the test?
No. It is completely up to you to decide if you want to take it or not. Taking the certification test has no further implications in your manager career besides the ones already stated above.

That is what the Certification thing says. So I can do it whenever I want!!! So why, getting the test done help?
Aki Perätalo
(Grup Pro - 4)

Gönderiler: 3028
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #30 Yayınlanma zamanı: 20 Kas 2011, 14:07:05 Alıntı 
Well, obviously you haven't yet learned to search the forums well, which the test would teach you to do. If you knew how to search, you wouldn't have had any problems in the first place, as everything you need to know can be found on the forums, more or less. The rest is just yours to figure out.
Sayfa [12 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > General forum > Becoming so frustrating... Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle

Bu konuyu yanıtla