Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > No tyres change if weather changes in penultimate lap Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle
Sayfa [12 3 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Yazar Konu: No tyres change if weather changes in penultimate lap 67 Cevaplar
Lucas Lobico
(Grup Amateur - 64)

Gönderiler: 820
  Ülke:
İspanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (39)
Eski Mesaj #1 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:12:10 (son değiştirilme 4 Eyl 2015, 22:26:21 kim tarafından: Lucas Lobico) Alıntı 
Since I think that, in my humble opinion, this is quite nonsensical, I would suggest to consider the implementation of, overriding player's orders, automatically *not* to stop to change tyres in the lap N-1 due to weather change if both of the following applies:

- the current fuel is enough to finish the following (last one) lap
- the current tyres can finish the followin (last one) lap with the (applying the new conditions for calculating the wear, of course)

If these conditions apply, and the car can end the race with the current tyres, I see completely absurd the implementation of the 'wait 0 laps if weather changes', as, in any case (either rain to dry or dry to rain) the result would be *always* far worse than leaving the current tyres.

Yes, I know somebody could say these are game chances... but please, let's be serious: it's a little detail of common sense, and it would cover only one (1) specific lap in all the race, and it would avoid a completely unnecessary (and annoying) situation.

(And I guess it could be easier and sounder that implementing an alternative option, like adding a checkbox to mark an exception for stopping in the lap N-1 when the player has marked to 'wait 0 laps').
Peter Willmore
(Grup Amateur - 46)

Gönderiler: 3616
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (30)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (3)
Eski Mesaj #2 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:13:43 Alıntı 
lets guess who had it set to wait 0 laps last race :-)
Jeff Dailey
(Grup Rookie - 128)

Gönderiler: 17
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #3 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:14:31 Alıntı 
lol I had it set to 0 laps and kicked myself when I saw it start to rain
Mark Wright
(Grup Pro - 4)

Gönderiler: 8829
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (5)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #4 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:16:51 Alıntı 
Make your ow decision before the race don't rely on a get out - just in case! If that rain had started 3 laps before the end it could have been a whole different story but you pay your money and take your chance. C'est la vie.
Erikas Zavecki
(Grup Amateur - 101)

Gönderiler: 21
  Ülke:
Litvanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (4)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #5 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:17:44 Alıntı 
that would take all the fun, I would make my driver not stop for like 4-5 last laps, and everyone else too, so it would ruin the ending, with just driving to the finish with wrong tyres
Daniel Ossmann
(Grup Pro - 18)

Gönderiler: 95
  Ülke:
Avusturya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (4)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #6 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:19:55 (son değiştirilme 4 Eyl 2015, 22:21:06 kim tarafından: Daniel Ossmann) Alıntı 
I think it is quite nice and fun to add some unexpected events to mix the grid a little bit. I mean to pit there it is probably nonsence but a decision you take into account in your strategy. Regarding nonsence pitstops: aks Hamilton what he thinks about his pitstop in Monaco this year! ;)
Eddie Smith
(Grup Rookie - 316)

Gönderiler: 54
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #7 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:20:36 Alıntı 
Same situation for everyone, wasn't annoying to me.

I set my "Wait to pit if it starts raining" to 1 and gained 4 places. =)

This will probably not happen for another 5 seasons, I don't think it's worth writing in code purely to deal with this individual situation - where does it stop if that's the case?
Kenneth Williams
(Grup Amateur - 55)

Gönderiler: 164
  Ülke:
Galler 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #8 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:22:57 Alıntı 
Anybody heard of sour grapes :)
Marcus Keeley
(Grup Amateur - 121)

Gönderiler: 411
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #9 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:24:53 (son değiştirilme 4 Eyl 2015, 22:25:09 kim tarafından: Marcus Keeley) Alıntı 
Quote ( Kenneth Williams @ September 4th 2015,22:22:57 )

Anybody heard of sour grapes :)

They like rotten apples?
Mike Jobson
(Grup Amateur - 93)

Gönderiler: 272
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #10 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:25:08 Alıntı 
Every had the chance to see the fact that there was a 40-45ish% of rain in the 3 period of the race and if you didn't take precautions for than then it is your own fault.
I have always set my pit in/out to 1 lap , I guess it was lucky it rained when it did , And as Mark has said 'If it had started raining 2-3 laps earlier it would have been different'.. Freak weather that hopefully won't happen again for a while.. Live and learn i guess..
Nigel Hawken
(Grup Amateur - 107)

Gönderiler: 2070
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #11 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:25:28 Alıntı 
The weather in today's race was entirely in line with the forecast. How people choose to set up their race to cope with that is for each individual manager to decide.

There would be hardly any game challenge left if for every conceivable event where the managers set up would result in an illogical event happening, there was some automatic code to prevent that illogical action.
Brian Brummert
(Grup Amateur - 1)

Gönderiler: 161
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #12 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:34:17 Alıntı 
I pitted at the weather change. Shit happens. Who cares
Riton Lafouine
(Grup Amateur - 30)

Gönderiler: 219
  Ülke:
Fransa 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #13 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:36:18 Alıntı 
i don't want this rule to be changed (guess who won the race because of this ?)
Stuart Foster
(Grup Amateur - 99)

Gönderiler: 12459
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #14 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:41:59 Alıntı 
Quote ( Lucas Lobico @ September 4th 2015,22:12:10 )

If these conditions apply, and the car can end the race with the current tyres, I see completely absurd the implementation of the 'wait 0 laps if weather changes', as, in any case (either rain to dry or dry to rain) the result would be *always* far worse than leaving the current tyres.

What if someone has wait 1 lap and it starts raining 2 laps to go. It would be unfair and inconsistent if players with 0 lap wait are given a "safety buffer" of their strategy not failing, whilst others would fail. It just would not be fair or consistent with game strategy to implement...you don't have to wait 0 lap, you took a chance and it failed. TBH , its very rare I ever luck into late weather lottery...most times it starts or stops with 3 laps to go and I'm buggered...so its not unreasonable that from time to time a race comes along that ruins those with a 0 lap wait also :)
Paul Bright
(Grup Rookie - 158)

Gönderiler: 2113
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #15 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:46:22 Alıntı 

Since I think that, in my humble opinion, this is quite nonsensical, I would suggest to consider the implementation of, overriding player's orders, automatically *not* to stop to change tyres in the lap N-1 due to weather change

No, no and er no. Changing that would be ridiculous and would be much the same as allowing managers to finish a lap if they run out of fuel by less than a litre.
Where does it stop? Because then clearly the people who got it right and left it a lap should be allowed two laps grace at the end etc... etc...
Anyone in Amateur should have at least known to look at the weather forecast and entertained the idea that there might be a late rain stop!
Olli Erinko
(Grup Rookie - 21)

Gönderiler: 6
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #16 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:51:45 Alıntı 
I'm with Paul Bright on this one. There's no need for this change, and doing this would only hurt the people who actually thought things through (and possibly took a slow lap or two during the race due to rain).

Although, I might be a bit biased now that I got from 6th to 2nd because of that well placed rain :)
Jay Larner
(Grup Rookie - 313)

Gönderiler: 89
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #17 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 22:59:59 Alıntı 
This was only my second race since I started playing this game this week. I figured that the 405% chance of rain meant 55% chance it wont. I raced the entire race on dries and I finished a nice 7th place. I messed up my tactics by having too much fuel but im learning as i go.

No complaints about the weather for me. Random events are just another aspect to think about :)
Jay Larner
(Grup Rookie - 313)

Gönderiler: 89
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #18 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:02:15 Alıntı 
40%*
Steven Rose
(Grup Rookie - 3)

Gönderiler: 313
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #19 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:05:36 Alıntı 
Only kicking myself here as I set to 0 and retained position, had I put 1 or 2 I could have gained a number of places.

In regard to the OP, totally disagree with the idea. Would not be consistent, or fair. Had this rain not have happened when it did would you have even created this topic? You lost out, probably like several others, learn from it, move on.
Michael Keeney
(Grup Pro - 20)

Gönderiler: 13519
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #20 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:07:17 Alıntı 
Waiting 0 laps to pit if it rains is the correct strategy in almost every situation.

So imo the good planning managers were hindered this race. The joys of a lotto race.
Peter Willmore
(Grup Amateur - 46)

Gönderiler: 3616
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #21 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:08:57 Alıntı 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ September 4th 2015,23:07:17 )

Waiting 0 laps to pit if it rains is the correct strategy in almost every situation.

not in ammy and below IMO
Michael Keeney
(Grup Pro - 20)

Gönderiler: 13519
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #22 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:09:52 Alıntı 
Maybe that's true tbf
Stuart Foster
(Grup Amateur - 99)

Gönderiler: 12459
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #23 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:14:13 Alıntı 
and for anyone in Pro with crap staff :)
Mark Wright
(Grup Pro - 4)

Gönderiler: 8829
  Ülke:
İskoçya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (5)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #24 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:15:32 Alıntı 
Quote ( Michael Keeney @ September 4th 2015,23:07:17 )

BS and you know why. It's not just the lap time it's the pit time and you know what happens to that if you come straight in. You're telling a load of Rookies to pit straight away so at least think about the audience before posting crap like that.

It might not matter in Elite but it sure as hell matters in Pro and below!
Mike Brummert
(Grup Pro - 4)

Gönderiler: 5012
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #25 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:16:25 Alıntı 

Yes, I know somebody could say these are game chances... but please, let's be serious: it's a little detail of common sense, and it would cover only one (1) specific lap in all the race, and it would avoid a completely unnecessary (and annoying) situation

If this were to be implemented, the same logic would then apply to lap N-2, as Stuart alluded to earlier, and we end up with in infinite regression of steps that results in the game just deciding the best pit strategy for you.
Lotfi Guerroumi
(Grup Amateur - 100)

Gönderiler: 9
  Ülke:
Cezayir 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (4)
Eski Mesaj #26 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:20:20 Alıntı 
I totally agree with Lucas (y)
Alin Costrasuc
(Grup Amateur - 122)

Gönderiler: 10928
  Ülke:
Romanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #27 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:44:43 Alıntı 
Quote ( Eddie Smith @ September 4th 2015,22:20:36 )

I set my "Wait to pit if it starts raining" to 1 and gained 4 places.

My situation exactly.
Paul Gojkovich
(Grup Pro - 21)

Gönderiler: 387
  Ülke:
Kanada 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #28 Yayınlanma zamanı: 4 Eyl 2015, 23:49:48 Alıntı 
What about an extra check box " Do not pit in last X laps "
Krasimir Ivanov
(Grup Amateur - 119)

Gönderiler: 725
  Ülke:
Bulgaristan 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (5)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #29 Yayınlanma zamanı: 5 Eyl 2015, 00:00:41 Alıntı 
Lots of people gained places because better managers used the correct strategy and they soundly oppose the idea. People with good staff should've pitted at 0 laps and the Elite race is there to prove it.

While the OP's idea is a good starting point, his implementation is not good. The correct fix would be to have another box just like "If "Yes" then enter pits only if more than X laps are remaining".
For example: "Change tyres for weather change only if more than X laps are remaining".

This option makes sense and is logical. It will also prevent frustration from BS races like the last one.
Jamie Morris
(Grup Pro - 12)

Gönderiler: 3115
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #30 Yayınlanma zamanı: 5 Eyl 2015, 00:01:15 (son değiştirilme 5 Eyl 2015, 00:03:27 kim tarafından: Jamie Morris) Alıntı 
Quote ( Paul Gojkovich @ September 4th 2015,23:49:48 )

What about an extra check box " Do not pit in last X laps "

Then what if you run out of fuel, or the tyres reach 0%? Or will be yet another check box to pit after the check box you came up with?

GPRO needs more check boxes.
Sayfa [12 3 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Suggestions forum > No tyres change if weather changes in penultimate lap Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle

Bu konuyu yanıtla