Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Russia has attacked Ukraine! Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle
Sayfa « 1 2 3 [45 ... 609 610 611 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
This topic is loosely moderated due to its nature. If you read or post in it you accept it is a sensitive topic with opposing and sometimes harsh views. Forum moderators cannot be the judge in who is right or wrong or who is lying or telling the truth. Reader discretion is advised!
Yazar Konu: Russia has attacked Ukraine! 18311 Cevaplar
Onur Guardian
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 2780
  Ülke:
Türkiye 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #91 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 20:49:58 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 20:50:34 kim tarafından: Onur Guardian) Alıntı 
As we can see, even here people from other idea/thoughts cant stop without fight for 12 hours :) Humankind is total fail of god himself. there is no turning back.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Gönderiler: 2695
  Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (0)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #92 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 20:58:07 Alıntı 
I don't see that much fight...
Dan Altobelli
(Grup Pro - 5)

Gönderiler: 111
  Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (4)
Eski Mesaj #93 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:05:05 Alıntı 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,20:35:40 )

Quote ( Dan Altobelli @ February 24th 2022,20:31:59 )

I completely agree with you!! This anti-Russian propaganda directed by the USA and the European countries slaves of the same USA!!!

Where did you read anti-Russian propaganda here? Of course if you mean blaming Russia for starting a war against Ukraine then you are right, I think that majority of people here are against Russia (and I mean Putin, not Russian People) for this. At least those people who are against war.

Al , tell me which countries wanted to talk to Russia??? The propaganda is in hiding that the United States is at work all over the world to inculcate to the whole world their global view on what life should be!!! On what to be the way of thinking!!!! Who wished to install troops only 800 klm from Russia and for what purpose? We repeat the story about the responsibility of the USA in many events? I hate war and those who decide it!!!! The Ukrian wanted to settle in Europe and has always been refused!!! Why then want to bring it into NATO if not to annoy Russia and allow some countries (anti-Russian) to have military bases close to the Russian border????
Jasper Coosemans1
(Grup Elite)

Gönderiler: 3021
  Ülke:
Belçika 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (12)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #94 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:12:52 Alıntı 
Quote ( Dan Altobelli @ February 24th 2022,21:05:05 )

Who wished to install troops only 800 klm from Russia and for what purpose?

I think it was for the purpose of not being invaded by Russia...
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (7)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #95 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:14:29 Alıntı 

Al , tell me which countries wanted to talk to Russia??? The propaganda is in hiding that the United States is at work all over the world to inculcate to the whole world their global view on what life should be!!! On what to be the way of thinking!!!! Who wished to install troops only 800 klm from Russia and for what purpose? We repeat the story about the responsibility of the USA in many events? I hate war and those who decide it!!!! The Ukrian wanted to settle in Europe and has always been refused!!! Why then want to bring it into NATO if not to annoy Russia and allow some countries (anti-Russian) to have military bases close to the Russian border????

You are going into a ground which is of course very complex but I don't think here we are interested about the legitimate reasons Russia could have to be worried about NATO expansion in Eastern Europe. The point is that by attacking Ukraine Putin crossed a red line and nothing can justify what he is doing. I don't think that any intelligent person could believe that going into war could be a right thing to do.
Patrik Frank
(Grup Rookie - 144)

Gönderiler: 19
  Ülke:
Almanya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (1)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #96 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:18:38 Alıntı 
it is more than a single act of war from emperor Putin .
or as my Syrian Friends call him ( ABO ALI PUTIN ) referring to his involvement in syrian war .
or Lybian War . All over the Middle East . And sanctions has been put into active and did nothing .
then he moves 80% of his troops to the border , and Eu ( only said ) there will more sanctions Mr Putin .
this is dark day for Eu , I am afraid of tomorrow , as we are witnessing the rise of new Emperor .
Alberto Villa
(Grup Amateur - 67)

Gönderiler: 508
  Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #97 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:24:15 Alıntı 
Quote ( Piotr Szmit @ February 24th 2022,09:21:44 )

Quote ( Thijs Rieken @ February 24th 2022,09:16:15 )

I would like to express my support while also avoiding talking about politics (as this is against forum policy). Hope everyone stays safe.

I'm going to use ukrainian livery, to show support. :(

me too
Roy Mitchell
(Grup Amateur - 67)

Gönderiler: 5905
  Ülke:
Kanada 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #98 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:30:56 Alıntı 
Quote ( Onur Guardian @ February 24th 2022,20:49:58 )

Humankind is total fail of god himself. there is no turning back.

Human kind is a FAILURE of the species. We are too smart to have the ability to annihilate all of us and too much of an animal to restrain ourselves in the face of mutual death.

Your watching the biggest pissing contest ever, by a few little dicks. I'm waiting for China to stir things up re: Taiwan. Maybe it's a pincer movement? Get the popcorn it maybe awhile before it's over. Take care and try to be safe wherever you find yourself atm.
Sardar Khan
(Grup Amateur - 10)

Gönderiler: 31
  Ülke:
Hindistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (6)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (4)
Eski Mesaj #99 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:32:54 Alıntı 
Can GPRO cancel 16th race of this season? I don't care about 5M, will not participate in it.
Chris Begley
(Grup Pro - 19)

Gönderiler: 67
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (3)
Eski Mesaj #100 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:35:14 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 21:36:11 kim tarafından: Chris Begley) Alıntı 
✌️❤️ 🇺🇦 Ukraine 🇺🇦 ❤️ ✌️

🛑 🇷🇺 Russia 🇷🇺 🛑
Łukasz Głuszak
(Grup Master - 1)

Gönderiler: 133
  Ülke:
Polonya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (2)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #101 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:37:53 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 21:42:12 kim tarafından: Łukasz Głuszak) Alıntı 
Quote ( Sardar Khan @ February 24th 2022,21:32:54 )

Can GPRO cancel 16th race of this season? I don't care about 5M, will not participate in it.

The lack of reaction from ordinary people will be a sign of accepting the aggression of the Russians

Ps
it should be possible to remove the reaction to your own post when you mistakenly like it, but I can't
Dan Altobelli
(Grup Pro - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (7)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #102 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:39:13 Alıntı 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,21:14:29 )

You are going into a ground which is of course very complex but I don't think here we are interested about the legitimate reasons Russia could have to be worried about NATO expansion in Eastern Europe. The point is that by attacking Ukraine Putin crossed a red line and nothing can justify what he is doing. I don't think that any intelligent person could believe that going into war could be a right thing to do.

We agree that nothing justifies a war! But did you applaud when the United States (NATO) insisted on striking Belgrade? All this especially to have military bases close to Russia!! This happened with the expansion of the organization of the North Atlantic Treaty towards the East with the installation of military infrastructure at the Russian borders!! Nato, (carried by the USA) had not given false guarantees to Mikhail Gorbachev??? You see that this is not yesterday!! Everything unfortunately comes together and we must not forget hiroshima Nagasaki! And this....... it was not Russian!!!
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Grup Amateur - 53)

Gönderiler: 14436
  Ülke:
Arnavutluk 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (6)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (7)
Eski Mesaj #103 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:41:45 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 21:43:18 kim tarafından: Samoeni Albanalopolis) Alıntı 
I am amazed people believe USA propaganda still, people really need to research a little bit more. Not that I support Russia but to claim that Russia is the only evil in this game.
Quote ( Jasper Coosemans @ February 24th 2022,21:12:52 )

I think it was for the purpose of not being invaded by Russia...
You believe that?

I am amazed how people forgot it was Trump who drag Zelensky into this issue, it was Biden who gased it up and it was Europe who let Ukraine down, alongside USA. I know no one wants to hear itm but when Boris Johnson met Zelensky in October he said " Ukraine membership in NATO is necessary", and boom. Everyone knew the outcome, even Ukraine but they were giving false promises by NATO and USA especially.

How will Russia, a superpower will give up from Ukraine to let NATO contain it. People really buy US propaganda really easy.

Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,21:14:29 )

The point is that by attacking Ukraine Putin crossed a red line
Ale, red lines were being crossed by NATO too, Putin speech with Macron is enough significant. He said we want no war, but hands off Ukraine. What did USA do?

Sent more troops to Poland and arms to Ukraine, yeah well played Biden.

Just get Biden out of my sight, even mad Trump did a better job.
Marcelo Ascencio
(Grup Master - 2)

Gönderiler: 6153
  Ülke:
Arjantin 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #104 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:45:53 Alıntı 
Quote ( Sardar Khan @ February 24th 2022,21:32:54 )

My driver's FT.. damn
Armando Jozsef Mascolo
(Grup Amateur - 40)

Gönderiler: 60
  Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #105 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:45:53 Alıntı 
Quote ( Piotr Szmit @ February 24th 2022,16:51:35 )

Quote ( Armando Jozsef Mascolo @ February 24th 2022,16:30:58 )

There is now very little chance that Russia will stop the war, they are even preparing nuclear weapons and if they will use them it, the situation of chernobyl disaster will return. In addition, if the NATO interferes in all this (most likely yes) Russia will also bomb military bases whit American nuclear weapons scattered throughout Europe. This war is a catastrophe

You've watched too many disaster movies. Russia does not intend to use nuclear weapons because it has no reason to do so and Putin knows that it would be too much for the world. Even China will not support him, after such a move.

Finally some good news
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (4)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (0)
Eski Mesaj #106 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:49:56 Alıntı 
Quote ( Dan Altobelli @ February 24th 2022,21:39:13 )

But did you applaud when the United States (NATO) insisted on striking Belgrade?

I was only 13 at that time. But just to be clear, I don't like USA (I always mean the Government, not the People), but I don't like Putin either. None of them are really interested in freedom, democracy and peace, they just pursue their own interests.
Alexei Malkin
(Grup Pro - 5)

Gönderiler: 2615
  Ülke:
Rusya Federasyonu 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (52)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (3)
Eski Mesaj #107 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:51:49 Alıntı 
Ok ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to be as short as possible, not sure if I can make it.
It's a second time when I write the "inside view" in gpro forum. And I can tell that the first time (after DA crisis in Midland and after I left them) was much more chill.
I will not quote somebody, I'll write my opinion on few questions and my vision of situation. I'm sure there will be a lot of hate on me, I'm ready. Do you know why? Because I used to get it. I got a lot of hate from Ukrainian people, because their government (uncensored) their brains. Hopefully, most of Ukrainians are good adequate people. Few times I received aggressive messages from Baltic countries, but it were only local cases. I believe that 99% of Baltic people understand that I'm not an evil :)
So, Ukrainian government does few crazy actions against Russian population. But it was against Russian population in Ukraine. I don't think that it had an affect on my country, I didn't feel anything on myself, it was impossible. So it was their business how to manage their country. Ukrainian government doesn't kill or jail anybody because he's Russian. But surely Ukraine supported the conflict.
I can be wrong and I'm sure that no one here know the whole truth. But I'm strongly sure that Ukraine did it because the US told them to do it.
It's a global business. I already wrote in the discord chat about the resources war. Ukrainian conflict didn't created in a one moment. Imo it's a continue of Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Sirya stories. It's the same story, it's a territory for a global transfer. It's the key for the USA and Russia.
Russia started to make actions against the US too late, but it was effective. But now US have a sanctions war against Russia. And I can tell that it's successful from their side. Life quality of Russian people has dropped a lot.
And now we're talking about Ukrainian conflict (their life quality has dropped too as you can understand).
I also strongly believe that this war is not the way we should do. Yeah, Ukraine had their internal fight in Donbass, but anyway, it were their territory. I don't believe that Russian government will be ok if, for example, Kaliningrad asked for independence. It's impossible.
And here we are. Russia really did it. Our army is inside Ukrainian territory. I have no idea what will be the target. I only hope that we'll stop in Donbass, but currently I feel that Kiev is a destination point. And I can't imagine what will be happen next.
I only hope that Russian and EU/US government aren't too crazy to initiate WW3.
So I 8 this conflict. I'm sure that US government is very happy that it happened. They wins from it a lot.
They started a mental war against Russia (and Ukraine as a victim) and winning it. It was easy because our poor nation. We're poor mentally.
We just can't do anything against our government. We're scary. We worry only about our fat asses.
And we're a stupid nation. MOST of Russians believes our TV. Sadly, but I see the same in EU. The only difference is that Russian propaganda is more crazy and effective. Most of people still support our President, even if they're hate Ukrainian attack.
Jasper wrote that Putin can stop 100k people but can't stop 1M people? Bullshit. You don't know his power. We're under pressure. Russian people can't affect on anything.
We could do it earlier, but didn't do it. And that was our biggest mistake. We're not civil. It's a nation question. I'm agreed that only Russians can stop this war right now, but it will not be happen. I don't believe in that.
There were few riots earlier, but it were very soft. Our government stopped it quickly and punished hard a lot of people. I wrote it more detail in my team chat.
After that Russia created few undemocratic laws here. Now we just can't create a riot. It's impossible. And not only because of our military.
Putin had explained (explained or lied?) his reasons of this action. And most of people believes him that it's the only way to protect Russia from enemies (nato).
And personally I'm very upset that I can't do anything. I know that if, as example, France attacked Ukraine, there would be huge riots, a lot of people can fight for the target. But we are stupid. We will always follow any our decision.
I even can't write here my full thoughts because I can be jailed for it, and it's not a joke, that's completely truth. That's how it works here. I prefer to be on a freedom with my family.
From my side, we have enough of internal problems which much more important for Russian people that Ukrainian conflict, than US resource battles, etc.
I can compare USA and Russia. US quality level is much more higher. They are trying to get a gas/oil domination, but they know that their people lives well overall.
Here in Russia, there are only city centers are pretty civil. Everything else is poor. 95% of Russians are at low-level class. Why should we spend so much money on wars if we could invest it to our internal problems? Damn, leave US with their domination.
Look at the Norway, as example. They could fight for resources earlier, but they didn't do that. They had worked on the real important things, and I'm very impressed what they reached for their people.
But what Russian people can expect from our government? No idea. If everything will be ok and the war will stop very quickly, like in 1-2 days (don't believe in that), then Russians life quality will drop a lot. If not, the consequences will be even worse.
Another sad moment is that all we, Russian, are under pressure. No matter what we say, we choosed this government, we support it. There are few negative moments which are not easy to live with:
1. We already were imagine like an aggressive nation
2. In the minds of a lot of EU citizens, we (Russian people) are those people who decided to attack Ukraine.
3. Mentally I'm destroyed by myself because I don't know what to do. How can I stop it? Initialize a riot and get jailed? Leave my kid without a father? I'll not get a support. Everyone thinks like me. Of course, 10M people can change anything, but we're not in EU. We'll be jailed before we went on the streets.
When I played in Civilization 4 on PC, I always researched a military technologies, then attacked rivals at the end of the game. Probably, there's the same situation. We have the biggest stick here, we decided to wave it.
Ah, yes, about Chernobyl. Putin tols that he scary of Ukrainian nuclear technologies, they can use a nuclear fuel from Chernobyl to make bombs. If he didn't get a control of it, he'd get a lot of questions about this operation. So what's why they're there.
I hope I transferred my thoughts there.
You can thumbs up or down this post as you wish. But I please you not to query this message and answer on it. I'm not interested in chatting here about this situation. Think you own head. It has the same amount of propaganda, like my head. Only the other side of propaganda.
Take care.
Rafal Celejewski
(Grup Elite)

Gönderiler: 5394
  Ülke:
Polonya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (8)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #108 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:57:49 Alıntı 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,21:49:56 )

I don't like USA (I always mean the Government, not the People), but I don't like Putin either. None of them are really interested in freedom, democracy and peace, they just pursue their own interests.

I agree with that.
Regarding who is the bad one, my country suffered a lot from Russia, we have been under Russia for 250 years in the last 300 and in this last 30 years, we as a country did the best progress in the whole EU and 2nd best in the Wolrd (behind China, GPD wise). That's why it's natural for us not to choose Russia. I'm not saying that the US is a saint, but in the last 30 years we had real freedom and we could grow. That's why we allowed US troops, antymissle shields etc to be installed in Poland.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #109 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:59:01 Alıntı 
Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ February 24th 2022,21:41:45 )

Not that I support Russia but to claim that Russia is the only evil in this game.

No, but Russia has the major responsibility at this stage

Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ February 24th 2022,21:41:45 )

Ale, red lines were being crossed by NATO too, Putin speech with Macron is enough significant. He said we want no war, but hands off Ukraine. What did USA do?

Words are words. Ukraine cannot join NATO as it is not able to keep control over its own territory. And NATO members must also vote to allow Ukraine to join NATO. It's not a straight forward and quick process. The argument that Russia was in danger is in my view just smoke in the eyes of those willing to believe to such bullshits. I don't trust what Biden or Putin says. Words are words, but attacking another country is a fact. I think that the real reason behind this is simply that Putin wants to bring back Ukraine under Russian influence. I don't believe in war, and especially in preventive wars.
Janne Väänänen
(Grup Rookie - 30)

Gönderiler: 4888
  Ülke:
Finlandiya 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (3)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (2)
Eski Mesaj #110 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 21:59:32 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 22:00:32 kim tarafından: Janne Väänänen) Alıntı 
I wish strength in this crisis especially to all Ukrainian people, but also those Russian people here who do not deserve this. I wish we would be able to do more for your sake. I also wish horrible things on the midget and his cronies who initiated this situation.
Samoeni Albanalopolis
(Grup Amateur - 53)

Gönderiler: 14436
  Ülke:
Arnavutluk 
Sertifikalı: 
Bu iletiyi beğendim (6)   Bu iletiyi beğenmedim (1)
Eski Mesaj #111 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:04:01 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 22:04:53 kim tarafından: Samoeni Albanalopolis) Alıntı 
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,21:59:01 )

It's not a straight forward and quick process.
This here, Russia does not want to wait till that phase.
Quote ( Alessandro Casagrande @ February 24th 2022,21:59:01 )

I don't believe in war, and especially in preventive wars.
Believe me, I've seen Serbian-Kosovo war, and I've seen many people dying in front of my eyes when I went to the border to pick some families. I know how harsh it is to see those scenes.

I pray for people of Ukraine and also I hope this madness ends here. And I hope Biden vanishes from Earth with Putin too.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #112 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:09:53 Alıntı 
Quote ( Alexei Malkin @ February 24th 2022,21:51:49 )

2. In the minds of a lot of EU citizens, we (Russian people) are those people who decided to attack Ukraine.

Only in the mind of stupid people I would say.

Quote ( Samoeni Albanalopolis @ February 24th 2022,22:04:01 )

This here, Russia does not want to wait till that phase.

Whatever. Nothing can justify what Putin is doing. Even if he was right, by attacking Ukraine he is automatically wrong!
Ivan Salfa
(Grup Master - 3)

Gönderiler: 988
  Ülke:
Yunanistan 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #113 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:12:53 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 22:17:32 kim tarafından: Ivan Salfa) Alıntı 

Ok ladies and gentlemen. I'm trying to be as short as possible

Perhaps the longest post I've ever seen in GPRO :)
Nice one though. Peace.
Dan Altobelli
(Grup Pro - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #114 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:13:06 Alıntı 
Believe me, I've seen Serbian-Kosovo war, and I've seen many people dying in front of my eyes when I went to the border to pick some families. I know how harsh it is to see those scenes.

I pray for people of Ukraine and also I hope this madness ends here. And I hope Biden vanishes from Earth with Putin too.

The worst is that it is the administrators of the American government who remain and who are the most dangerous!! A world without war is unfortunately only a dream that does not last!!! The world is crazy!!!!!
Stéphane Rombaux
(Grup Pro - 17)

Gönderiler: 246
  Ülke:
Belçika 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #115 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:38:33 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 22:50:16 kim tarafından: Stéphane Rombaux) Alıntı 

Dear Alexei, I will not answer directly to what you said as you asked, but your message shows us again and again how "informational war" can really trigger a World War.
Also you are right on your example on - if France for example triggered a war like this, the country would be literally upside down and the war would immediately stop from inside.
The deepest meaning of Western democracy is not really "people decide" because that's impossible, best case scenario they vote for representants and President/Prime Minister, but rather "people control that government doesn't go completely nuts, and lets it know when it's clearly unacceptable". In that sense democracy has a real strong point, to the cost of some damage during riots... but sometimes we have really useless protests and abuse of that "people's power".

I just wish all people - on Ukraine's and Russia's side - a lot of courage going through this, as on both sides it's a situation no ordinary people ever asked.
And of course EU (and NATO if required) and Russia to find strong agreements as soon as possible... if Putin is ready to go back to diplomacy after a possible ceasefire (which I don't believe will happen)

David Andrewartha
(Grup Amateur - 38)

Gönderiler: 1421
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #116 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 22:51:25 (son değiştirilme 24 Şub 2022, 23:19:59 kim tarafından: David Andrewartha) Alıntı 
Quote ( Josh Clark @ February 24th 2022,16:47:35 )

I don't fully understand it. Surely Russia will face a serious economical and logistical backlash from this? Aside from the costs of war, European import will likely stop, all sport and entertainment will be boycotted, international travel will probably be halted. I can't find on many news sites what gains Russia intends to make from this to cover the costs?

Sorry to get all researchy. Despite the obvious disgusting cataclysm, it is quite an interesting topic I'm ignorant of and would like to know more about.

Hey Josh, I know we haven't seen eye to eye in the past, but let bygones be bygones in my opinion if that's cool with you?
I was trying to explain how serious this was to my kids a few weeks back and I knew they didn't get it like a lot of other younger people don't, and being the age they are it isn't their fault so I totally understand. I was trying to explain that growing up in the cold war era was intense on an "under the radar" kind of way, I would go to bed in the 80s wondering if it would all kick off, it worried me a lot but I was always into world affairs so maybe it was just me? Any older players that lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis must've felt it even more back then, but the 80s, it was a real time of uncertainty when it came to the threat of global war, scary, real, and worrying. When the Berlin Wall came down and the Soviet Union began to collapse I can honestly say that I've never felt a bigger sense of relief, joy that the world had come to it's senses, things were going to be good for the future, you know what I mean?
The problem is that that was just a Cold War, lots of posturing and sabre rattling. That Cold War has just got warm and that can only be a bad thing mate. This shit has just got real and that can only mean bad things for the younger generation and the people of Eastern Europe and the wider world. At the very least the economic results will be borne by your generation (and my kids') for years to come. I truly worry for the future of everyone.
I hope that puts it into some sort of context mate, all the best.

Edit: Just a reminder Josh regarding sanctions, if Russia can't sell we can't buy. Three things you'll struggle to live without but you may want to look up during your research are oil, gas, and wheat.

Quote ( Josh Clark @ February 24th 2022,16:47:35 )

As a rather small example, Vettel has already mentioned he will not go to Sochi this year. I imagine many drivers will follow, and I highly doubt the FIA will run the event.

And I don't think Putin's bothered enough about that to have included it on his cons list.

Denny Holt
(Grup Master - 5)

Gönderiler: 270
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #117 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 23:09:32 Alıntı 
"It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, more vengeance, more desolation. War is hell.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

Like Roy Mitchell, I suspect that we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg at the moment.

As bad as this is now, it could rapidly get a whole lot worse.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Ukrainian people. I would not wish war on anyone.

David Andrewartha
(Grup Amateur - 38)

Gönderiler: 1421
  Ülke:
İngiltere 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #118 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 23:12:06 Alıntı 
Quote ( Roy Mitchell @ February 24th 2022,21:30:56 )

Your watching the biggest pissing contest ever, by a few little dicks. I'm waiting for China to stir things up re: Taiwan.

I hope you're not right but I worry that you are. Take care mate.
Darryl Kucmerowski
(Grup Amateur - 49)

Gönderiler: 357
  Ülke:
A.B.D. 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #119 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 23:36:01 Alıntı 
Interesting perspectives in here... the one thing I keep getting stuck on is the folks saying the Ukraine is a territory of Russia - didn't the Ukraine declare its independence from the Soviet Union? how did they become a territory of Russia? Sounds an awful lot like our friends in Asia who think they have some right to a country in which they no longer do as they declared their independence.

Will be curious how this plays out, but my guess is nothing will happen.... The Ukraine is not a NATO nation, so no real retaliation can happen without declaring all out war and noone is interested in that.

I hope the people of both countries stay as safe as possible... and I feel for those caught up in it..on either side... but I can tell you some of the twisted opinions on history and propaganda in here are disturbing.

And there's a lot of folks bashing the US and Russia specifically around only pushing their own agenda and being greedy... news flash for you, that's not isolated to just those 2 countries. Every single one of you with a flag next to your name, your countries are the same, in one way or another. Or your business, or yourselves. We are, by nature, selfish and self serving. Social media has amplified that since it's popularity has grown, but this is not a new concept or isolated to a few areas of the world and if anyone thinks it is, you're delusional.
Alessandro Casagrande
(Grup Master - 5)

Ülke:
İtalya 
Sertifikalı: 
Eski Mesaj #120 Yayınlanma zamanı: 24 Şub 2022, 23:55:44 Alıntı 
Quote ( Darryl Kucmerowski @ February 24th 2022,23:36:01 )

news flash for you, that's not isolated to just those 2 countries.

There's a lot of difference in the way countries pursue their own interests.
Sayfa « 1 2 3 [45 ... 609 610 611 » Sayfaya hızlı ulaşım:
This topic is loosely moderated due to its nature. If you read or post in it you accept it is a sensitive topic with opposing and sometimes harsh views. Forum moderators cannot be the judge in who is right or wrong or who is lying or telling the truth. Reader discretion is advised!
Grand Prix Racing Online Forum > Off topic forum > Russia has attacked Ukraine! Bu başlığı engellenenler listesine ekle Bu başlığı takip listesine ekle

Bu başlık moderasyon tarafından kapatılmıştır.